The Bad Boy's Sister

Od Kaeecoee

Most people expect the worst for the bad boy's girlfriend, but what about being the bad boy's sister? For Sam... Více

The Bad Boy's Sister
Chapter 1 - Apparently Jace isn't Done Crossing the Line Today
Chapter 2 - Troublemaker
Chapter 3 - That's When it Hits Me...Literally
Chapter 4 - He May Just Have an Ego the Size of China
Chapter 5 - Stupid Boys...
Chapter 6 - You Can't Judge a Book by its Cover
Chapter 7 - The Janitor's Closet...What a Classic
Chapter 8 - Can a Guy Give a Girl a Break?
Chapter 9 - The Little Devil is Too Good
Chapter 10 - They Don't Call Him the Bad Boy for Nothing
Chapter 11 - Since When Are They Friends?
Chapter 12 - It's Not Easy Being the Middle Woman
Chapter 13 - We're Her Kids, Not Her Servants
Chapter 14 - Boys Are So Confusing
Chapter 15 - Some Things Just Have To Be Done
Chapter 16 - This Is Going To Be So Hard
Chapter 18 - Just Call Me Rapunzel
Chapter 19 - Now Would Be a Great Time to Have Super Powers
Chapter 20 - You're Right, I Do Hate You
Chapter 21 - He is Not a Happy Camper
Chapter 22 - Serve It Up
Chapter 23 - To Be a McFarland is to Have Bad Behavior
Chapter 24 - One Man Down, Four to Go...
Chapter 25 - I Love You
Chapter 26 - I Could Really Use a Brain GPS Right Now
Chapter 27 - Maybe Male Nurses Get to See Hot Girls, Too
Chapter 28 - I'm Actually Kind of Missing My Bad Boy of a Brother
Chapter 29 - Revenge on Richelle
Chapter 30 - It Feels So Good To Love Again
Epilogue
The Bad Boy's Sister Cast

Chapter 17 - I'm Acting Like a Desperate Drama Queen

4.6K 131 14
Od Kaeecoee

By the end of the week, I'm acting like a desperate drama queen. I would pretty much give anything to hear his voice, but Jace has been following me around like a dog, making it impossible to find him. Even Casey finally contacted me and I'm still acting insanely desperate. She's really no helping; it seems like she's making it worse.

"Let's go do something tonight," Jace suggests as he drives us home from school.

"No, thanks," I say plainly.

"Please?"

"No, I just want to go to bed," I say, making a face. "I'm tired."

"You've been tired all week," Jace pouts. "Look, I realize you're upset, but maybe going out would get your mind off of it."

"I'm good, really," I say. "You can go without me."

"You sure?" he asks. The truth is that I've been formulating a plan to go see Jake all day but I don't know how I'm going to do it. If Jace is gone, it would make it so much easier. I just need to hear his voice.

"I'm sure," I say, but he doesn't seem convinced in any way.

"Nah, I'll just stay with you," he says, smiling at me genuinely. Dang it all.

"I was actually going to go to Hadley's house," I say. Thinking of the breakup reminded me of Calvin, which made me remember that I'd never even gone to her house.

"Oh, well, okay," he shrugs. "I can drop you off on my way to Elisa Hunt's party."

"Crashing another party again?"

"You know it."

"Fine," I say. "When will you go?"

"Probably around six," he says.

"Sounds good," I say. He doesn't respond, so we drive home the rest of the way in silence. He pulls in the driveway and we get out of the car, strolling into the house. From there we head our separate ways until dinner.

I try texting Jake some more but as it's been for the last week, he doesn't respond, which makes me even more desperate.

"Jake? Please talk to me."

"Jake, I need to talk to you."

"Jake, I need you."

What he did was wrong, but I can't help but think of all the good times we had together. He was my best friend and once again, Cody seemed to mess it up.

Just like everything else.

"Sam, ready to go?" Jace calls from the bottom of the stairs. I jump and look at the clock. I was so busy moping over what had happened that I didn't even notice the time. So much for dinner...

"Yes, I'm coming," I call. I slip a pair of red sneakers on and I run out with my phone in hand. He starts walking as soon as I come out and we head out to the car, which is still lonely in the garage.

"If you're done at Hadley's, just call me, okay?" Jace says. "I'll come get you."

"Jace, I can walk."

"I don't want you to walk," he says stubbornly.

"What if I do anyway?"

"Sam," he says sternly. "Don't."

"Why not?"

"Do you really want Calvin or someone else to use you again?"

"No, but-"

"Then you'll call me," he interrupts. I let out a really loud groan and sigh.

"Fine," I growl.

"Good girl," he says, starting the car. He drives the short distance to Hadley's house and as soon as he pulls up, I am out of the car.

"Bye," he calls as I shut the door. I quickly wave as not to be rude and I walk up to her front door step.

I'm not going to lie, I'm very nervous. She's probably so upset with me for ditching her for Jake. I don't even blame her.

Once Jace drives away, I cautiously go up to the door and knock. Waves of anxiety attack my body as I see a figure move closer to the door. It is a bit smaller than Hadley thankfully and that gives me comfort.

Hadley's brother who is nine, Max, opens it and almost looks shocked to see me.

"Hello, Max," I say sweetly. "Can I talk to Hadley?"

"Yes, come on it," he says shyly. He moves to let me in the door. I step in and wait by the door while Max goes to find Hadley. This is going much better than I planned.

It is a few minutes before she comes in. She looks pretty happy when she comes in, but when she sees me, that all changes.

"What do you want?" she asks, sighing in frustration. "I'm surprised you're not here with your stupid boyfriend."

"I came here to apologize," I say, trying to ignore her blow to the face. "I came here to say that I'm sorry."

"For what, Sam? Just what exactly are you sorry for?" she snaps. She's angry now.

"I'm sorry for ditching you for a stupid boy," I say. "I'm sorry for being the worst best friend ever. I'm sorry for choosing a jerk over you. I hope you'll forgive me for how awful I've been."

She pauses for a minute to soak it in and I mentally cross my fingers. I have been so foolish. If I lose her, Jace might just be my only best friend.

"Okay, Sam, I forgive you but we've got some serious making up to do. Please prove to me that you mean it."

"I will do anything," I say truthfully.

"So does that mean you're willing to spend the evening with me?" she asks hopefully.

"That's what I came here to do," I smile, holding my arms out to her. She smiles back and accepts the embrace. Jeez, have I missed her.

We spend our evening curled up on bean bags in her basement. We catch up and talk about everything that has gone on in each other's lives. Turns out she's not much different.

"Our friend group sort of split up," she says sadly. "You went off with Jake and then it seemed like each of the boys found a girlfriend. I started going out with Jarrett, but it didn't last long. We decided that dating was no the answer, so we're just hanging out. It's been me, Jarrett, and Adam ever since."

"Jeepers, I am so sorry," I say.

"It's alright," she shrugs. "That's the hard thing about high school."

"Yeah, it sucks so much," I nod in agreement.

"So what's up with Jake?" she asks.

"Well, we actually broke up last Sunday," I say, shrugging.

"You what?!" she gasps. "Why? As much as it sucked having you ditch us, you two were the cutest couple. I thought you guys were going to last for a long time."

"He was doing things behind my back," I sigh. I explain to her about everything she's missed. She listens intently and I've shocked her a great deal by the time I'm done.

"Wow, Sam. I didn't even realize that was happening. I am so sorry," she says with wide eyes. "That's just awful."

"It is, but you know what is the weird thing?"

"What's that?"

"I would give almost anything to hear his voice again. I want to see him and apologize. I feel so bad and I was going to say goodbye, but Jace got rid of him before I could get anything out. I miss him so much."

"What are you going to do about it?" she wonders.

"I need to go to his house," I say. "I need to talk to him where Jace can't find out. I don't know how though. He watches my every move."

"Maybe I could help?" she offers.

"Are you sure?"

"Well, if it's not too crazy, then I would love to help you."

"I don't know what you could do, Hadley," I pout. "I really appreciate it though. All I need is to talk to him."

"Just drive to his house," she suggests.

"Jace will find me," I say, thinking of how mad he would be if he found out what I was up to.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" she asks.

"Nothing, why?"

"Come to my house at five in the evening and we will drive to his house," she says. "That way Jace will be crashing another party with his gang and we can do it in secret. I am free at that time and I can drive you there."

"Would you really?" I grin, feeling a spark of hope.

"Of course," she says. "It's not that far away, is it?"

"It's a little ways but it's still in Oakland," I say. "You are the best, Hadley. What would I ever do without you?"

"I don't know, Sam," she laughs. "You sure are quite the problem child."

"Tell me about it."

"How about we finish this night off with a chick movie before you leave. That way, we can not get too anxious over what you'll be doing tomorrow and plus, I have this really funny movie I just discovered."

"What movie is that?" I ask, chuckling.

"It's from forever ago, but it's so funny! Have you heard of 'She's the Man' with Amanda Bynes?"

"Nope, I say, chuckling at her enthusiasm.

"Then come with me and let's have a good laugh," she grins, pulling my arm toward the television. I follow her and we settle in. It has been such an amazing night and I'm just so grateful I didn't lose my best friend.

Now we just need to see if we can get another one back.

...............................................................

Off to the side is a picture of Hadley :) 

Thanks for reading my story! It means a lot to me :)

-Kelly

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

518K 16.7K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
1.5K 118 34
Angela Nicole Grace is your average senior in high school who flies under the radar. Decent grades, no real popularity status. Just normal. That is...
72K 1.5K 24
She's a fighter He's a cold hearted killer What will happen when their world's collide? ☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘ 17 year old Jennifer has had her f...
147K 3.7K 26
Make sure to read book one first! Freshmen year is not what Aurora had expected. She wanted the typical high school memories but with 5 over protect...