Mine // Carl Gallagher

By dun-with-life

Sophia Carter is a 16 year old girl who just moved to the South Side of Chicago. She's a teenager who really... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Authors Note
Chapter 25!!
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
COPYCAT???
copycat pt2
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
* side note!
new book?
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
100K READS!!!
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
YIKES
Chapter 39
HOLY FCKING SHIT
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 28

5.6K 133 113
By dun-with-life

A/N: Sorry it's been a couple days since I've updated!! I know I left you guys on a cliff hanger haha. Hope you guys enjoy! I'm going make this nice and long ;)

      "Fuck you."

       Carl scoffed and tossed the broken necklace into the trash can, proving that he no longer cared. Sophia was crying uncontrollably as she grabbed random clothes and stuffed them into a backpack. He sighed, "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Leaving your ass. I am sooo sorry that I actually give a shit about you, that must make me such a terrible person."

".. where are you going?"

"Like you care. I'm going wherever I want, I can take care of myself."

"Whatever. I won't miss you."

Those last four words did it. Those last four words completely broke Sophia's heart in half. She could feel her stomach drop as she just stared down at the carpet. Then, she pulled herself together, zipped up the backpack, and stormed out of the bedroom.

Sophia stomped down the stairs quickly, Carl not even bothering to follow her. When she got downstairs, Fiona had just gotten home from work and was having a beer while watching the news. Lip was typing a paper on his laptop in the dining room, Ian was making dinner in the kitchen for everyone, and Debbie was laying on the couch while texting her boyfriend. The minute Sophia entered the room, all eyes were on her since her presence was so intense. They could literally feel her anger and sadness. Fiona stood up from the recliner when she saw Sophia's red, glossy eyes and the tears streaming down her face. Fiona approached her and spoke in a worried voice as everyone watched, "Oh my God, are you okay? What the hell happened?" Sophia said nothing as she just stood there with her arms crossed, and Fioned looked down at the backpack in Sophia's hand. Fiona began, "What's that? Where are you going? Come on, talk to me." Sophia wiped her tears and shook her head, "I have to go. Please don't come looking for me, I'll be okay. I just need to get out." Sophia began walking towards the front door quickly, and just as she was about to leave, she turned around, "And tell Carl that I never loved him."

That was a lie. She loved him so much, words couldn't explain. She felt nothing but hurt. Sophia was wrong, she couldn't take care of herself. As she walked down the dark, empty, and quiet street, she couldn't stop thinking, "What am I going to do?" She was walking aimlessly in no particular direction. The Gallagher house was her one and only home, but she couldn't go back. She couldn't bear to face Carl. Sophia was desperate. She was cold, crying, and hungry. The Gallaghers (except Carl) had tried to follow her, but Sophia was already long gone. They assumed she was just going to blow off some steam and she was going to come back eventually.

Sophia stood in front of her old house, the house where her parents lived. It looked like shit... as always. The front yard was out of control, the windows were cracked, the front door had holes in it... She didn't want to go back home, she really, really didn't. But, in the moment, she felt that she had no other choice. It was either:

a.) Go back to the Gallaghers and humiliate herself in front of Carl by coming back to him and showing that she really couldn't take care of herself.

b.) Be homeless and starving.

c.) Go back to her abusive, psychotic, drug-addicted parents' house.

As she stood in front of the old house, plan b.) started to sound barely better than a.) or c.). The South Side was dangerous and she wouldn't last one hour on her own. She thought that if she could survive with living with her parents for the majority of her childhood, she could deal with it again.

Sophia sighed and knocked on the front door (she didn't know why she even bothered since the lock didn't even work). It was currently around 9PM. She heard a loud thumping and then her mother suddenly opened the door. Her mother was clearly very drunk... but something was different about her this time. She had always been depressed, except now she just looked like she was on the verge of death. There were tears in her swollen eyes and she wreaked of vodka.

Her mother didn't look very happy to see Sophia, but she said nothing. She left the front door open and returned to laying down on the couch. Sophia slowly followed her, closing the door behind her. Sophia spoke, "Mom... I'm back. Where's Dad?"

"Gone."

Sophia's heart dropped even deeper than it already was. "What do you mean gone?"

"He's dead, alright?! He was shot by his fucking boss today. He didn't come home from work, so I- *hiccup*-  I went looking for him. I found his cold, dead body under the bridge. He was bloody and bruised. I don't know who he worked for- *hiccup*- but I'll kill him if I ever find out. I just knew it had something to do with him fucking up another drug deal."

Sophia began to cry, "And you-you didn't fucking call the cops?!"

Her mother began to drunkingly wail, "No, no I didn't! S-Sorry that w-*hiccup*-we couldn't afford a fucking phone or a car! Besides, I'd like to do th-the honor of personally killing the fucker who did this anyway."

Even though her parents constantly fought and abused each other and were clearly unhappy, somewhere deep, deep, deep down, they loved each other just a little bit.

Sophia said nothing and just walked upstairs to her old bedroom. She feel asleep to the sound of her mother slurring while talking to herself and sobbing. It was a traumatic noise. She laid in her stiff, smelly bed in her small, cold room, and stared at the dusty ceiling. Sophia knew it was Carl. Everything added up. She just never knew that the only thing in the entire world that brought her happiness, was capable of murder.

Even though it all began to make sense, she didn't understand. Carl made her feel loved and worth something. He actually gave a damn about her and kept her safe, warm. His love replaced all those years of feeling constant pain and hatred. Now, Sophia had absolutely no one. She still hated her parents with all her might, and Carl was now gone. He was probably fucking that blonde right now. He probably has already forgotten all about Sophia and she wasn't anywhere on his mind. Somehow, someway, as fucked up as it is... she didn't feel much anger towards Carl for killing her father. I suppose she had so much resentment towards her parents for so long, that she felt nothing anymore. Hell, Sophia only considered them her "parents" because they were the ones who made her.

It was a sleepless night for Sophia. It always was when she was in this house. It was 1AM and all of a sudden, her mother walked into the bedroom. Her mom she stood there in the doorway, anger and drunkenness in her eyes. Sophia was afraid as she spoke, "M-mom? Are you okay?" Her mother then walked over to the bed, stood above Sophia's body, and began to beat her to the core. Sophia had no chance of defending herself since her mother was so overweight and strong. She didn't understand, but she was used to it. This is what happened when her mother drank too much, she became evil and violent for no apparent reason. Sophia cried and yelled, "Please! Stop! No, stop!" Her mother was punching, slapping, pulling hair, and was close to nearly killing her own daughter. Sophia then, somehow, managed to slip out from under her mom and ran down the stairs as quick as she could. Her mother was swearing and slurring as she ran after her. Sophia ran out the door, with no shoes, no bag, nothing, and ran for her life down the street. She didn't even look back.

Sophia had ran and ran and ran, until she could run no longer. Her body was bruised, bloody, and throbbing. Just as she imagined her father during his final moments. Her mother had stopped following her, so Sophia slumped down to the ground and curled up on the sidewalk. She leaned back against a random fence as she attempted to catch her breath. Tear after tear fell out of her swollen black eyes, as she stared up at the stars. "Why, God, why...?"

It was 2AM, cold, pitch black, and silent. Nobody was out tonight, surprisingly... Until, suddenly, a black low rider car slowly pulled up next to her. Sophia's eyes went wide and she wanted to get up and run, but she absolutely couldn't. She didn't know who it was, but she knew that it was trouble. She was in too much pain to even move at all, so she just closed her eyes and prayed for her life. She heard the car stop in front of her and the door open. Suddenly, she could feel someone crouch down directly in front of her and gently tilt up her chin. She opened her eyes, and Carl's sad blue eyes stared back at hers.

She tried to cover her face out of humiliation, she didn't want him to see her condition, but she knew he already saw. Carl whispered, "No..." to himself as he carefully removed her hands from over her face. She began to cry as he examined her broken face and held her in his arms on the cold, hard concrete, "Oh babygirl, what happened to you? I've been driving around and looking for you all night. I'm so, so sorry." Sophia couldn't manage to get out any words, her quiet sobbing was the only noise she could make. Carl stroked her hair and hushed her, "Come on, lets go home."

He picked her up carefully and set her down in the passenger seat. He drove them home, it was completely silent. She noticed that his cornrows were back. Sophia wasn't afraid of him, she wasn't angry, she didn't hate him, she wasn't anything. The only thing on her mind was, "What now?" Carl had so much to say, but didn't want to overwhelm her. Out of nowhere, he quietly began to cry to himself. Sophia's heart broke even more as she slightly looked over at him. He was staring straight ahead at the road, trying to contain himself and stay strong for her as he continued to drive. Sophia spoke, barely above a whisper, for the first time since she left, "I forgive you. We'll be okay."

He nodded and held her hand, rubbing his thumb over her wounds. Sophia finally understood everything, it was all falling back into place.  Carl was overwhelmed with guilt as he spoke, "I lied. I missed you so much. Every minute without you was so hard. I am so so sorry for everything I've said and done. You're my everything, I can't lose you." Sophia gave him an extremely small smile since her jaw was nearly broken from her mother's punches. She whispered, "You won't. I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't come back for me." Carl pulled up to the Gallagher house, parked, and they sat there. He turned his head and just stared at her face, he couldn't handle seeing her in so much pain. He held her face in his hands and rested his forehead against hers, "I swear, I will always come back for you. No matter what." Sophia nodded slightly, she believed him. He kissed her softly on the lips, healing her of all pain.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

A/N: Hope you loved it 💕 Do you think Sophia should forgive Carl and get back "together" with him, even after all that went down?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243 2 17
This story is about a 15-year-old girl whose name is Kira and she's new at Tiger Brooke High School. On her first day, she meets a rather good-lookin...
85.2K 1.7K 81
Good grades, affluence, and opportunities, Sophia Parrish has everything a 17-year old girl could possibly want. That is, until a summer vacation wit...
212K 5.8K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
252K 7.1K 26
I wrote this when I was about 13, A LOT of it doesn't make sense. Check out my other works that are a lot better. Sophia Miller is your average 17 y...