Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 18」

594 21 8
By lazilazuli

As classes came to a closing for all the guys, they decided to all head over to Jungkook's house for a movie while trying to think of reasons as to what could be bothering you.

"Taehyung oppa!" Hearing Taehyung's name, they all turned and found Sumin jogging up towards them with a large grin on her face.

"Great, look who's here." Yoongi said with an aggravated sigh leaving his lips.

"Hey, you guys," Sumin's hands became clasped behind her back, "I heard from Jiyeong that she wasn't talking to you guys."

"Do you know something, Sumin?" Jungkook asked her. "Why isn't Jiyeong talking to us?"

"I know why she's not talking to you guys--"

"So spill it," Yoongi demanded.

"--but she begged me not to tell you guys." The boys all either groaned or did the combination of rolling their eyes and sighing. "Although, "she started again, trying to catch their attention, "Jiyeong did want to let you guys know why, over a movie tonight at Jungkook's house. She said she wanted all of us to be there to say."

"A movie?" The boys all looked at one another before Yoongi pulled them aside to huddle up. "I don't trust that girl. She has to be lying. Let's not go."

"Come on," Namjoon started, "it's about Jiyeong. Besides, if we go, we can get an explanation as to what's bothering her."

Yoongi went silent as his vision switched over to Sumin for a brief second "Alright, but I'm not sitting next to her." After the boys dispersed from the huddle, they turned back to Sumin. "Fine, what time?"

Sumin smiled. "Nine o' clock. Sharp."

"Alright, tell Jiyong we'll be there," Jimin said. Then the boys all left Sumin standing there, grinning with glee.

"Yes!" She squealed. "I finally get some alone time with oppa, and Jiyeong won't be there to get in my way." Sumin then started making her way home. "I wonder what I should wear."

Well, it was about 9:30 p.m. on the dot and the boys were all present at Jungkook's house, as instructed. Jungkook went to a nearby store and picked up some snacks and drinks for everyone. He then came back, went into the kitchen, and started making the popcorn, while the rest of them looked for a movie to watch.

"Where is Jiyeong?" Jimin asked. "She's running late."

"It's possible that she got stuck in traffic or something," Namjoon said.

"Give her some time to get here," Hoseok said. "We have the whole night ahead of us."

Suddenly, the doorbell rung and the boys all had a steady eye on the door. "That must be her right now," Jimin said with eagerness in his voice. "Maknae, hurry and open the door," he rushed him.

"Alright, I'm going." Jungkook stepped away from the packs of popcorn and then walked out of the kitchen. He put a little pep in his step from his own eagerness, as he walked towards the door. When the door opened, he was ready to say, "Jiyeong, you're finally--"

"Hi, there!" Sumin waved at Jungkook before trying to peep past him and into the living room to see if Taehyung was there. "Is everyone here?"

"Oh, it's you, Sumin." The excitement in Jungkook's voice washed away from disappointment. "No, Jiyeong and Minji haven't arrived yet."

"Oh, well, can I come in then?"

"Yeah." Jungkook stepped back and opened the door wider for Sumin to come in. As soon as she came in, she was welcomed with eyes filled with anticipation, but those eyes soon became dead when they laid on her. "The rest are picking a movie to watch so...yeah." He then closed the door.

Sumin shoved her coat into Jungkook's arms and took off towards the couch. Her action caused Jungkook to look at her as if she was crazy. Even though he was slightly annoyed, he hung it up on one of the hooks behind the door and made his way back to the kitchen.

Hi everyone~" she wiggled her fingers at them with excitement before taking off her coat and shoes. The boys either ate their greeting to Sumin or didn't bother to say anything at all.

"Doesn't she look like she has more makeup on than usual?" Yoongi nudged Hoseok.

Hoseok covered his mouth to help stifle his laughter. "How can you tell?"

Yoongi snickered. "You mean you can't?"

"Hey, um, is this seat taken?" Sumin approached both Yoongi and Jimin as she referred to the empty spot beside the arm of the chair.

"Actually, it is. But here," Jimin pushed himself off the couch as he took a step towards the kitchen. "you can take my spot." He flashed Sumin a smile. "I was just going to go see if Jungkookie needed help in the kitchen anyway. Anything to get away from the awkwardness of being near Sumin.

"Oh, thanks." Sumin flashed a smile at him before plopping herself down in his seat, beside Yoongi.

"Uh, let me come and help you out," Yoongi stood up as well.

Hoseok, who also sat beside Yoongi, jumped up as well. "I'm gonna go see if we have enough drinks for everybody," and left following behind them.

"Did the mouse finally arrive?" Now coming back from the bathroom, with his eyes glued to his phone, was Taehyung. He came out into the living room and looked up from his device in search of you. His eyes went from the door, then to the couch, where he finally spotted Sumin. As soon as they locked eyes, Taehyung felt a sigh coming on.

When Sumin spotted him, there was a gleam in her eyes and a wide smile on her face. "Oppa!" Sumin waved energetically. "I'm glad that you could make it."

"Yeah, well..." He was so uninterested at this point, that he didn't even bother to finish what he was saying. Taehyung dreaded the walk back to his seat. From the moment he sat down, Sumin tried to glue herself onto him.

"Isn't Minji supposed to be coming over, too?" Jin asked.

"Oh, um, I just texted Minji before I got here to ask her if she was still coming, and she said she had work to do, so she can't come."

"I really hope Jiyeong gets here soon," Jin mumbled to himself.

"Oppa, do you like my outfit?" Sumin asked. She lapped her leg over the other as she twirled a lock of her hair around her finger. She was so close to him that her breasts were practically pushed up against his arm.

"Mm," he hummed. Taehyung's eyes became glued to his phone once again and his posture became slack. Clearly, he couldn't care any less about the black v-cut long sleeved that showed off Sumin's breasts, and the short beige skirt she was in.

"Hey, would you get a look at her rack," Jimin nudged Yoongi in his arm as he took out some pocky from its box and poured it into a snack dish.

"Dude, that's gross," he said. "That's Sumin."

"They still look good though," Jimin shrugged, as he mumbled under his breath.

About another 30 minutes had gone by and there was still no sign of you. The movie had already started and as time went by, the boys started getting worried. On the other hand, Sumin seemed just fine about things. She was snuggled up to an uncomfortable Taehyung, with her arm looped around his in satisfaction. Every minute or so, he would try and pull away from her, but she just held on tighter.

"I'm gonna give Jiyeong a call to see if she's alright." Jungkook stood up and took out his phone.

"Uh, no, no!" Sumin jumped up. "I'll contact Jiyeong, while you keep watching the movie."

"Thanks, but no thanks."

"No, it's not like it's any trouble." Sumin turned back and hurriedly took out her phone from her purse. "See, I'm already calling her." She said as she quickly found a number and pressed call. "It's ringing."

Jungkook gave Sumin a suspicious eye before walking back to the couch and plopping himself down. As soon as Sumin had wandered away from the couch, he unlocked his phone and went straight into messages to start a new conversation with you.

Jungkook hoped that even though you weren't talking to him at school, that you would at least respond to his text messages.

Jungkook was happy that you had responded, yet had to raise a brow in confusion. "She's in her house?" he muttered to himself.

Jungkook was the one who was confused. All he could manage to understand at this point was that something was clearly wrong with this situation. "Hyung, take a look a this." Jungkook leaned over towards Jimin and showed him the text messages between himself and you. "Jiyeong says that she's studying at her house right now."

"She's what?!" Jimin jumped up, trying to sit up to get a closer look at the text messages.

"Shh~" He put a finger to his lips before taking a glimpse in Sumin's direction. "Sumin's supposed to be calling her, but she doesn't know that I'm texting her right now."

"What's going on?" Yoongi averted his attention from the movie and towards Jimin and Jungkook's conversation. "Are you guys talking about Jiyeong?"

Jimin leaned over towards Yoongi to whisper. "Jungkook says that Jiyeong is at her house right now, studying."

"What?" Yoongi looked back and forth between Jimin and Jungkook, as if they were losing it. "You're lying."

"It's the truth." Jimin swiped Jungkook's phone away from him and shoved the text messages in Yoongi's face. "Here's the proof."

Sure enough, the proof was in the messages. "What the hell is she doing at home? Isn't she supposed to be on her way here?"

"Can you guys hush up," Hoseok looked over and at the trio, "some of us are actually trying to watch the movie."

"Here, take a look at this." Yoongi took Jungkook's phone and passed it over.

As soon as Hoseok received the phone, and skimmed over the texts at hand, his eyes widened up. "She's at home?"

"Who's at home?" Jin, who was leaning over with Namjoon, asked.

"Jiyeong," Jimin answered. "Keep it down by the way. Sumin doesn't know Jungkook's texting to her."

Their eyes widened on cue. "Why is she at home?" Jin whispered.

"It seems like Jiyeong doesn't know that she's supposed to be here right now," he started to explain.

"Sumin said she was going to talk to her to find out where she is, but when I texted her just now to see where she was, she texted me that," Jungkook added on.

"But, if you're texting Jiyeong right now," Namjoon pointed towards the phone, "then who the hell is Sumin talking to?"

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, but it seems like Jiyeong isn't going to be coming here like Sumin said she would."

"Yah, you think Sumin set this whole thing up?" Hoseok asked.

"That doesn't make any sense. Why the hell would she set this whole thing up, if she tries her damnedest to avoid us all the time?" Yoongi asked. That said, everyone slowly turned their heads towards Taehyung, who was the only one seemingly still immersed in the movie.

Not only from the corner of his eye, but from the feeling of multiple eyes on him, Taehyung became distracted. When he turned his head, he found his dorky friends staring right at him, as intensely as they could.

"What is it?" he asked, looking back and forth between them all. "Why're you all looking at me like that?"

"Aish, I knew we shouldn't have believed that crazy chick!" Yoongi kept his frustration to a low tone. "Nothing good ever comes from a girl like her."

"What?"

"Because of you," Jimin pointed at him, "Sumin is here. Or don't you know that?"

Taehyung's narrowed brows and squinted lids weren't letting up anytime soon. "What the hell are you guys talking about?"

"We're talking about why Jiyeong isn't here," Namjoon explained.

"You know why she's not here yet?" he asked.

"Yeah, because Sumin didn't tell her she was supposed to be here," Jimin said.

"You're not making any sense."

"To sum things up, we think that the reason Jiyeong isn't here is because your crazy fangirl set this whole thing up." Namjoon again, stepped in to explain.

"What?!"

"Shh!" all of the boys shushed him.

"That clingy Ronald McDonald set this movie thing up?"

"I'm not sure, but it's possible. She either actually knows why Jiyeong isn't talking to us, or she doesn't have a clue and did this for her own reasons."

"Jungkookie," Jimin gave him a pat on the shoulder, "trying to figure stuff out isn't like you." Jungkook just rolled his eyes as he shoved Jimin's hand away.

"Jungkook could be onto something," Namjoon said. "What if Sumin knows why Jiyeong isn't okay and is using her problem as an advantage?"

Jungkook and the rest of the boys glanced over to the kitchen, where Sumin was still supposedly talking to you. "If that's the case, then that means Jiyeong is friends with a snake."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5.2K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
767K 35.2K 49
"Just because you're my girlfriend now, it doesn't mean that I'll treat you like a princess." ... A cliché love story between a bad boy and a nerd...
327 52 24
Lee Y/N loved felt torn between two men, her boyfriend and his best friend. Kim Taehyung wasn't the one to be jealous but as he got closer to Y/N, he...
13.7K 2.2K 32
♟️: Just like two swords couldn't stay in one sheath, similarly Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung couldn't stay together in one place. Both were famous be...