Second Chances

By dearhearty

"There is no such thing as second chances." That is a what Stephan said to himself every time the word love c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Can You Deliver A Good News?
Chapter 2: The Sweet Plan
Chapter 3: A Beaver Would Be Nicer
Chapter 4: Both Of Us Are In This
Chapter 5: We Are Doomed
Chapter 6: Where Are We
Chapter 7: Papaya
Chapter 8: Getting Close?
Chapter 9: Under The Stars
Chapter 10: All Confession
Chapter 11: Ring
Chapter 12: Don't Look Away
Chapter 13: Chills
Chapter 14: Let's Start A New Relationship
Chapter 15: Two Hearts Combined
Chapter 16: The End?
Chapter 17: Today is the Start
Chapter 18: Hello Doll
Chapter 19: Long Time No See?
Chapter 20: Deadly Glares
Chapter 21: Last Minute
Chapter 22: Game On, Asshole.
Chapter 23: The Request
Chapter 24: Bahamas
Chapter 25: Rebirth
Chapter 26: A Cute Encounter
Chapter 27: Wait for You
Chapter 28: Doubts
Chapter 29: Cliff
Chapter 30: Worry No More
Chapter 31: Busted
Chapter 32: Give Me What I Want
Chapter 33: Chillin
Chapter 35: My Girl
Chapter 36: Mine
Chapter 37: Find the Letters
Epilogue

Chapter 34: Step Together

34.6K 1.1K 38
By dearhearty

The next day, I woke up with a nice vibe feeling. I stretched my arms while my blanket was up to my chest part. I was only wearing my underwear since I'm more comfortable that way. And no one cares, I'm staying alone in this wonderful suite.

The bed was actually huge and soft, and I buried myself with all of the pillows around me. I yawned and jumped out of the bed. And in front of my bed, is a huge crystal looking mirror and saw my half naked body.

I think I need to work out.

Then suddenly someone knocked on the door. I grabbed the bathrobe that I saw in the wardrobe so I could open it and see who is at my door.

"Housekeeping." I heard someone spoke on the other side.

Oh, it's too early for a housekeeping.

I opened it and saw a young looking maid. "Hello, madam. My name is Marie and I am the one in charge of your suite." She spoke cheerfully, clapping both of her hands.

I chuckled and opened the door wider so she could enter. "Hi, Marie. Aren't you a little early to be housekeeping?" I wondered.

"No madam. The housekeeping time in this cruise is exactly 7 in the morning." She told me, walking in. She looks very vibrant to be a maid and very young actually.

"Really?"

"Yep. This cruise is kinda abnormal." She joked, with a giggle. She was pulling this cart where there is a vacuum cleaner, a mob, some bucket and a water container. "Oh, Mrs. Knight told me to give you these clothes."

Marie handed me a group of shopping bags. Jesus, I'm raining luck in this ship. And it's so nice of her.

I opened each one of the shopping bags. These batch of clothes are more simple, like it's for an everyday look. And then there are sports wear too. I placed them all in the wardrobe.

I was about to go to my bed to arrange the blanket that I used when she stopped me.

"Oh no, madam. I will handle everything." She stopped me as she head over to my side and make my bed. "Oh and breakfast is ready at the dining place in Marko's cave upstairs."

My eyebrows touched when I realised the way she mentioned Marko's name. "You sounded so familiar with your boss."

Marie smiled and flipped her hair in a sissy way then laughed. "Because, madam...that man is not worthy of any respect."

I laughed at her honesty. She is so blunt on talking about how he dislikes her boss. "May I ask, how old are you? You look so young to work."

"I'm 19 years old, madam!" She cheerfully replied.

"Wow, you're very young." I announced, sitting down on the love seat couch at the corner.

"My Mom is the head of the maid service here, madam. I'm here to help her out." She said, taking the vacuum cleaner from her cart and arranged it.

"Oh, that's very thoughtful of you." I smiled, praising her. "I like you."

She gave me a horrified look. "Oh, I'm sorry, madam. But I'm straight!" Maria gasped. She even had her hand on her chest.

Huh?

I just shook my head and laughed. "I didn't mean that, silly." I stood up from the couch. "I mean, you are very fun to talk to."

"Ohh!" She exclaimed and laughed even louder. "Sorry about that. I easily misunderstood things."

Then suddenly, my phone rings that was on the side desk of my bed. I saw that is was Stephan calling. "Hello?"

"Good morning, Doll. Breakfast is ready here in Marko's place. Just take the private elevator and his place is located on the next floor." He told me.

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute." I replied, dropping the phone the minute it ended.

I grabbed something to wear from my new wardrobe. I mean new clothes. Honestly, I don't know what to wear. It took me minutes to think but in the end, since this is just a breakfast gathering, I wore the sweater and a denim shorts then to my hair I just tied it in a high ponytail.

When I was about to leave the place, Marie was too. "Thank you for your service." I told her with a smile.

"Just doing my job, madam." She replied, taking her cart with her. "The next housekeeping is tomorrow morning and we will take your dirty clothes so we could laundry them."

I nodded. Then closed my door, making sure that I had my entry card with me then head to the private elevator of this floor.

When I reached the next floor, and this one is more like a house than just suite. There is a two glass door you have to enter first before you could fully reach Marko's place. And like I said, this is more like a home already because it has everything. Well, since this is the owner's place, assume that this is different than the others.

"Hey, Doll." A voice greeted me noticed Stephan walking towards me. "Did you had a good night sleep?"

"Yeah, slept like a baby." I chuckled.

"Good for you. I had a rough time last night because of someone." He whispered the last part making me remember our make out session last night in front of my suite.

I laughed and playfully punched his chest.

"Didn't you know how hard for me to calm my buddy down there, Doll? I have to take numerous of cold showers last night." He muttered, yet his lips drew closer to my ear as his arms wrapping them around my waist. "You've been a very naughty one last night."

A smirk formed from my lips as heat flushed to my cheeks as I turned red. Shit, this is no time for blushing, Ariana. "Don't you like it?" I retorted back and raised my high up.

Stephan let out a husky laugh. "I love it when you're being naughty, Doll. Especially when we are in bed."

I blushed as an apple this time. "Stephan!" I exclaimed, embarrassed.

Stephan titled his head on one side, his arms are still around me. Wait, where the others. We are standing in this somehow looking living room and there is another connecting door over there that leads to somewhere.

"Actually, they say that those good girls who easily gets shy and embarrassed are those girls who are wild in bed. Well, you kind of proved to me that when we are on the island." His voice was so annoying like he is teasing me but in a sexy way.

I groaned, rolling my eyes and covering my ears in the process. "I'm not listening."

Even if I had my ears covered, I can still hear his husky laugh. "How I wish to make love to you again, Ariana." He whispered this time, his hot breath brushed to the skin of my hand which caused me to shiver.

Oh this is embarrassing.

Dropping my hands back to my sides, I avoided gaze from him. "Come on, I'm hungry. Lets eat." I shrugged him off and walked past him to open the door.

And another wow.

The place is amazing.

"Oh good morning, Ariana!" Christian was the first one to noticed me coming.

They are all gathered on the kitchen, except for the girls who are not around. Belle and Rafael are also not in the room so I'm the only maiden here. Sad.

Stephan followed behind me. "They are all excited to see you." He told me, grabbing my hand. "But they can't have you since you're mine."

Oh Stephan. Why do you have to be so possessive?

"Oooohh, Mr. Draco is being territorial once again." Marko teased this time whose serving some plates on the large dining table.

Lucas was sitting alone in the corner, reading some news paper. Zephyr, looking cool as always, he is sitting also but there is a laptop on his lap.

I sat down next to him. "So, what do have for breakfast?" I asked them.

They all looked at Stephan. Marko smiled and scratched the back of his neck. "Actually, none of us knows of how to cook so we are suggesting you and Stephan cook our breakfast." He chuckled at the end.

My eyebrow raised and turned to Stephan who is standing at the corner, his side leaning on the wall with his hands inside his pockets. He was looking at us. "There are food services." He suggested.

"Oh come on, Stephan. You haven't cooked for us yet." Christian nagged, sounding like a baby. "You have a real magic in cooking so use it."

Stephan messed his brown hair and glared at them. "You guys are so weird." He muttered. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Seafood!" I blurted out all of a sudden causing all of them to look at me. "Just kidding." I quickly withdraw.

A noticed the smile in Lucas' face and dropped the news paper he's holding. "Yeah, I want seafood too."

"Me three." Zephyr raised a hand making me high five myself.

Marko shrugged. "Seafood is not bad."

"Then seafood it is!" Christian shouted and doing some victory dance. He is the joker here, isn't it? He looked like the most enthusiastic one.

Stephan shook his head and laughed. "Weirdos" he muttered before heading towards the kitchen and examined the fridge.

Maybe I should go and help him. He's not the only chef in this ship. I took culinary arts in Paris!

I head over to the kitchen. "I'll help." I told him and taking an apron on the side and tied it at my back. "So, what are we gonna do, chef?"

Stephan laughed as he brought out some shrimps, and some frozen fish. I noticed how the boys watched us from behind and they are making some teasing sounds. Well, just Christian and Marko. Lucas and Zephyr are just watching silently at us.

Actually, there is feeling of happiness in my heart when Stephan and I are cooking together. I feel like we are connected since we are doing something that we are passionate about. Because of cooking, we got along when we were in the island.

Now, I understand what those love experts are saying. That you fell in love to the people you grew with the same interests and same love about something. I actually keep on noticing Stephan's stolen glance at my directing everytime I do something. He is so weird.

Since I have more of a background in baking, I took out some muffin tray and eggs from the fridge. Let me do my own magic while Stephen do his own.

....

An hour later, everyone was already gathered in the dining table as Stephan and I served the foods that we made. I kind of baked too.

I actually made an shrimp egg whites muffin.

Then next thing I did was the fried crust with smoked salmon pizza. This is what I learned when I was in Paris because my friends love smoked salmon foods. It's not as hard as it looks like though.

Then Stephan has cooked so many foods and they look so appetising! The smell is enough to make you drool.

I don't know what they are but they look so delicious so I'm digging in. Stephan really had a skilful logic when it comes to food. Well, he wouldn't be in the magazines and news for nothing. He is also a trained and a professional chef in Brazil.

"It's official, you're cooking every meal that we are going to have, Stephan. Ariana is a woman so she doesn't need to do all the work." Marko stated, ready to eat all the foods that are served in front of us.

"Thank you Lord, for the foods!"

I laughed at their reactions. All of us couldn't wait anymore so we immediately ate the meal as soon as we scooped
ourselves our own meals.

The whole breakfast was loud and very noisy. They keep on messing with each other, saying embarrassing things and even cursing each other. That's kind of rude to curse in front of some foods.

"These foods you just made are amazing, Ariana." Marko praised me, giving me a thumbs up.

"You know what they say when I woman can cook." Zephyr spoke. "That means they are ready to get married." He added, slicing the smoked salmon pizza that I did.

I chuckled when all of them turns to look at Stephan who is silently eating.

"Well, I used to be engaged." I stated, dropping the fork that I was holding to drink the glass of orange juice I had in hand. "Turns out to be a big mistake."

"Huge mistake." Lucas spoke for the first time during breakfast. "You should marry the man next to you instead. There's an altar on the ground floor of this ship."

I suddenly cough upon hearing that he said. Why does this man have to be so serious all of a sudden? I guess I would rather have him not talking at all.

The side of Stephan's lips lifted up and placed his arm around the chair that I'm sitting. "Don't worry, guys. You will be invited on the big day." He even added

My eyes widened. He is taking this serious as well!

"Oh, look at Ariana's blushing face!" Christian teased, pointing his finger at me. "She's so cute!"

I covered my face with my hands and looked down. "I'm not blushing!"

"Yes, you are." Zephyr murmured.

Stephan was just laughing beside me as his friends continued to tease me. I am blushing in embarrassment here.

"Boys, stop that! You're embarrassing my wife." Stephan tagged along as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders this time and pulled me to him.

You're wife???

I'm not even your girlfriend, idiot!

"Alright that's enough teasing." Stephan stood up yet still fighting not to laugh anymore. "Let's take a little walk." He spoke, offering his hand to me.

Then again, another teasing sounds came from the lunatics.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Stephan's hand as we left the place immediately.

"Where are we going?" I asked, enjoying the feeling of his hand touching mine. Shit, I feel like a teenage girl again!

Stephan and I headed somewhere as I just let him do all the thinking. "Somewhere we could be alone." He replied, calmly.

Alone? Hm, something is fishy in that tone.

"You want to swim?" He suggested.

I crinkled my nose. "Nah, not in the mood for a swim." I don't want to be with a bunch of people right now.

Stephan thought for some seconds. "Okay, so what do you want to do?"

"Let's hang out in your room." I suggested, smiling cutely at him.

"And what are we gonna do in my room?" He smugly asked.

I scoffed and punched his arm. "I'm not suggesting any dirty to you but I just want to hang out with you for today."

Stephan grinned. "I don't have a problem with that one."

We both went to his suite together and still holding each other hands. I feel like Stephan doesn't want to let go of my hands. He unlocked his front door as we entered. Wow, his suite is incredible like mine. But this one shouts manly from the color of the walls and it's furnitures.

"Just make yourself comfortable."

I ran to the bed and jumped on it. Wow, the bed is very wide. I think four people can fit in here.

"You're bed is way softer than mine." I pouted, as I dropped my upper body to the bed sheet.

"You're free to join me in bed anytime, Doll." He remarked.

I sarcastically laughed. "Haha. Nice one, Stephan." I raised my upper torso using my elbows.

"No, I'm serious." He sat his butt down next to me on the bed. "We are here in this ship so we could have time together but we are staying here with a wall separating us."

I raised an eyebrow. "No, you said the reason why we are here is because you want me to forget everything about Cliff."

"Yeah, I did say that." He turned his head closer to mine as he whispered. "But it looks like you already did."

I gave him a seriously? Kind of look. "Maybe because I really didn't love him back."

He flashed me his pearly teeth and smiled genuinely. "That's good. Now you finally said the truth after you told me that in front of my face when I confessed to you."

"You still have a grudge to that?"

"Of course. Didn't you know how much guts I swallowed to confess to you even if you are engaged." He brushed his hand through his face.

I pulled away from him, narrowing my eyes. "Oh, didn't you also know that you should have done that three years ago? You chickened out and now you are blaming me for that."

"I'm not blaming you or anything, Ariana." He calmly assured me. "All I want you to to know is that no matter what happened, I will stop your engagement with Cliff because he is not the guy you know. I don't want you to end with him because he doesn't love you."

"And you do?"

"Yes." He quickly respond without blinking. "It was very coward of me to let you go before because I'm afraid for a second chance. Ever since my ex wife died, I don't want to be played again like she did with my brother."

I gulped hearing his words. Stephan barely opens up and hearing him say all these things to me. I feel so special to him.

A very sweet smile formed from me as I leaned closer to him. I let my nose touched his slowly. He was staring at my lips this time and I am staring at his. We are both smiling at each other. Slowly, he pulled the fallen hair that I had on my face and pushed them at the back of my ear then felt his warm fingers runs to my cheeks.

The electricity flows through me every time a skin of him touched mine.

"Starting now, Ariana..." he whispered to my ear. "You are mine and mine only. I won't let anyone take you away from me. Mark my words." He spoke so smooth. "Are you my girl, Ariana? Will you be my girl?"

My girl

Didn't know how much those two words will affect me.

Somehow, I just let out a soft laugh and closed our distance by kissing him. Letting my lips answer his question. I know I told him to ask me nicely but this is just the perfect time.

When our lips parted, I smiled. "Does that answer your question?"

Stephan chuckled huskily as he bit his lower lip. "I didn't quite understand it. Can you repeat it?"

I groaned this time and pushed him away, letting him fall on the bed then got back up. "Seriously..."

"Yes, I'll be your girl. Happy now?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

Stephan slowly grinned and kissed me again. "Very, very happy."

I blushed hearing him say that. "Well, me too."

One more time, our lips crashed together in a sensual yet gentle kiss.

Oh how much I missed kissing him.

And how excited I am to be with him more. Can't wait for the days that I will spend with him alone and show him how much I loved him.

Now, we are taking each step together.

To be continued.

Happy birthday to my Sexy friend out there who is making story too in wattpad!!!! Guys follow her! She can make wonderful and mysterious stories! Hahahaha. lalala0027 <----- this is her! Follow her and read her stories!!! I really recommend!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 24K 43
"You are not going there and that's the end of our conversation." He yelled while tightening his grip on my wrist. I tried to free my wrist but no av...
841K 26K 56
"Well I think the best option is that we should get married" I said breaking the silence. "Have you lost your mind" she yelled at me. "Look I know...
63.9K 1.4K 45
𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄, She had ambitions that soared beyond the cage of her upbringing. Her dreams were simple yet profound: to find true l...
8.4M 229K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...