Close to him { Yuri x Otabek...

By phanimaniac

This is the story of Yuri and Otabek's growing friendship after the Grand Prix Finals...but is friendship all... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Author's Note
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
The Last Author's Note :')
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Chapter Thirteen

10.1K 499 431
By phanimaniac

[Narrator's POV]

Yuri made his way to the top of the grass hill, that way he could still view Otabek's meeting spot whilst looking for the thief. On the other side of the hill from the markets is a small river. The hooded figure has been sitting there for the past few minutes digging through the multiple wallets he has stolen.

"His back is turned on me, maybe I could sneak up behind him." Yuri ponders. "But what if he has backup? I should probably wait for Otabek first."

Suddenly, a hand clamps down on Yuri's shoulder causing him to jump in fright.

"Calm down it's just me." A familiar voice says. "What are you doing up here anyway?"

Yuri spins around to face Otabek. "What the heck were you doing sneaking up on me like that?" He whisper-yells.

"Why are you talking so quietly?" Otabek questions.

"That guy stole my phone and wallet!" Yuri says, pointing over to the hooded figure. "I was waiting for you to come back so we could beat the crap out of him."

Otabek looks at the thief and then back at Yuri, clearly not convinced. "Don't you think that's a bit harsh? He looks kinda small."

"I'm small and he picked on me!" Yuri argues.

Otabek sighs. "Let's just try talking to him."

Otabek is making his way slowly and calmly down the hill when something flies past him, almost knocking him over.

"FLY KICK!" Yuri shouts as he sprints down the hill at full speed.

He leaps forward and kicks the thief right in the back. The both of them go toppling over into the river.

"Yuri!" Otabek yells, half frustrated, half concerned. He jogs down to the river bank and peers over into the water.

Yuri bursts out from the water and trudges his way to land, dragging the thief by the hood behind him. When he gets onto the river bank he throws the thief down in front of him and picks up the scattered items he had dropped when he kicked him.

"You're lucky he wasn't holding your phone when you shoved him into the river!" Otabek says.

A light cough comes from the thief. As he sits up, the hood falls back revealing long, blonde hair dyed red at the tips.

Otabek stares in terror. "You fly kicked a girl?!" He panics.

"What's the difference?" Yuri snaps.

"What the hell is your problem man?" The girl yells.

"You stole from me!" Yuri replies angrily.

"What of it?" The girl scoffs. "I'm just making a living."

"Punch her, Otabek!" Yuri orders as he picks out his belongings from the pile of stolen goods and drops the rest.

"What? I'm not hitting a lady!" Otabek says.

"This ain't a lady. It's just a scummy thief!" Yuri replies.

"It?" Otabek repeats. "This is a person-That you nearly drowned!"

"She's fine." Yuri says casually. "Look."

They both look down at where the girl had once been. Both she, and the pile of belongings she had stolen, were gone.

"She ran away." Yuri states in a dull tone. "Typical. At least I got my stuff back."

Otabek still looks horror-struck. A sudden bang startles him out of his terror. He looks up to see a burst of pink sparkles dancing across the night sky.

"The fireworks are starting!" Yuri exclaims in amazement.

"Let's go back to the top of the hill." Otabek says, looking back down at Yuri excitedly. "We can watch from there."

Otabek and Yuri quickly scurry up the hill together. They sit down at the very peak and watch as explosions of color parade against the black blanket of midnight.

Yuri shivers slightly and curls his legs in closer to his chest. Otabek had almost forgotten that he was completely drenched after diving into the river.

"You must be freezing." Otabek says in a worried tone.

"It's oka-"

Otabek had grabbed Yuri and pulled him into his chest. He wraps his arms around him tightly and rests his head on top of Yuri's.

"You're gonna get yourself wet." Yuri mumbles despite the fact that he was now shifting closer to get more out of Otabek's warmth.

"I don't care." Otabek says shortly.

.

[Yuri's POV]

I can feel myself heating up already. It's like everything around me has gone silent, even the loud bursts of the fireworks are muffled. All I can hear is the steady heartbeat of Otabek.

I want to stay like this forever.

A sudden anxiety washes over me. "Hey...Otabek?"

"Yeah?" Otabek says.

"Now that I'm better, are you going to go back to live with Mila?" I ask.

Otabek didn't even answer me, he sounded confused by the question. "What?"

"I-I told you to...remember?" I say, my voice quivering.

"Do you want me to stay with her?" Otabek questions, sounding hurt.

"No!" I say quickly. I sit up and look Otabek straight in the eyes. Bright colours flash across his face, the reflection of the fireworks shining in the tears dripping down his cheeks. "Y-your crying." I observe, not really knowing how to react.

"Of course I am." Otabek replies calmly, despite how sorrowful his face looks.

"I didn't mean it!" I say desperately. "I know what I said but I didn't mean it! I was just so worried that Mila was taking you away from me, and I let my jealousy rule my actions. I hurt you and-and-I'm sorry!"

Otabek remains silent as he processes what I just said. I look down sadly, ready to accept my fate. He is never going to forgive me after I acted so childish.

"That's what this is about?" Otabek says finally. "I had no idea you felt that way."

I hang my head lower in shame. "I'm sorry...I was petty and selfish. If you want to go and live with a real friend I will understand."

"Yuri, you're my best friend." Otabek says softly. "You always will be."

I look up and, to my surprise, see Otabek smiling fondly at me.

"I will prove it." He adds as he takes out a box and hands it to me.

Confused, I study the object in my hands. It is long and thin, and black with a familiar silver label on it. I recognise this casing, it's from a local jewellery store. I remove the lid slowly and stare at the contents in awe. Inside is a matching pair of beautiful, golden bracelets.

"I thought they could be like friendship bracelets." Otabek says as he takes one out and places it around my wrist. "Once I find my own place I won't have to bother you anymore but, even so, wearing these will mean we are always connected. If you want to be that is..."

I look deeply into Otabek's caring, brown eyes. It feels as though a million thoughts are running through my head, but I can't hear any of them. Only one thing is clear to me. I take out the other bracelet and clip it around his wrist just like he did for me. My voice speaks out on its own as if knowing what I want. What I have always wanted. "Don't find your own place. Your place is with me! Live with me, permanently I mean."

Otabek looks surprised. "What?"

I throw myself at Otabek and cling onto him tightly, as if afraid he might go somewhere. "Stay with me forever!"

The words linger in the air, repeating themselves over and over in my ears.

Please...!

Slowly, Otabek lifts his arms up and wraps them around me. He pulls me in closer and nestles his face in my neck. His shoulders begin to tremble. "Yeah..." He agrees weakly, his voice muffled in my shirt.

Together we sat, holding each other tightly. I don't know how long we were there but neither of us wanted to let go. The fireworks are nothing compared to this feeling exploding inside my chest. I'm still not entirely sure what that feeling is. I don't know why Otabek has become part of me; I don't know what our future holds.

All I know is I want to be close to him...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 6.6K 33
(changed the cover) Yuri and Victor have gone to Russia to help train there friend Yuri, aka Yurio. But while they're there something strange happens...
73.9K 97 6
**EXTREME TRIGGER WARNING** The pressure of winning gold finally hit Yuuri after the finals were over. He knew how much of a deal this was for Viktor...
11.1K 598 45
What happens after the Grand Prix Final. I can't write smut so fluff it is! the writing gets better the further you read. It is ultimately the story...
1.4K 34 17
After Viktor Nikiforov announces his retirement from the ice, Yuuri Katsuki's world just keeps crumbling around him. His debut at the Sochi Grand Pri...