The Banned Mate -(Book 2 of t...

Per Soccerstudette

You don't need to read The new werewolf in town because things that were in it are described in this story bu... Més

The Banned Mate -(Sequel to The new werewolf in town)
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 3

8.6K 244 7
Per Soccerstudette

Haley's p.o.v

So I woke up and....my fever was gone! Now I am on my way to school to make the Varsity volleyball team! I'm so excited! I love volleyball so much but I love soccer even more. I couldn't wait until soccer season, then there was basketball, and track and that meant pole vaulting! It's hard but so much fun. Okay, back to volleyball. The coach knows I am trying out because we played a few games over summer break. Yeah, I know that's kind of weird but he is in my pack and we always played during our pack meetings or parties. Michael, the coach, is a great friend of my dads' so he has helped me improve over the years.

The one thing I love about volleyball is the spiking. I am the best spiker on the team but my cousins are second best. I love when we walk out onto the court and people look at my cousins like, 'whoa!' because they are twins, it's hilarious. If you don't know them, there is no way to tell them apart. They have all the same freckles, facial features, hair color, eye color but if you look close enough Jess has more brown in her eyes than Jane does. They are both really pretty. We all kind of look alike but since our dads don't look alike we are different in some ways. One, being the height and two, they have blond hair like their dad and I have dark brown hair like my dad.

"Haley! You are supposed to be in bed resting!" Jess said as she ran up to me. She put her hand to my forehead and frowned. "Your fever is gone. How the heck is it gone already?! It takes me days to get back to normal and it's only been a few hours for you! You lucky ass!"

"Whoa, language, feisty one!" I said laughing. "I just get over colds fast. All you need is a lot of sleep and that's what I got. Now, my temperature is at a healthy one-oh-eight!" I made sure to say my temperature quietly because there are humans around us and if they heard they would freak out. Us awesome werewolves have higher temperatures that humans, that's why we have a hospital specially designed for werewolves and no humans are allowed unless it's, like, a total emergency and they are about to die.

"Alright, girls! Line up! Haley, lead warm up and stretches," Michael said and winked at me. I smiled and made the girls start running around the gym with me and the other werewolves in the lead. We ran about five laps and all the human girls were panting. Wimps. After we finished stretching it was time for conditioning. This was only for the humans because my pack and I are all in great shape.

"Five suicides non-stop!" Michael yelled and once he blew the whistle we began running. My record time of suicides was ten seconds for each set. So put them together and you get less than a minute. I stopped and stood back with all the girls in my pack and we watched the humans struggle. We were having Varsity, Junior Varsity also known as JV and Frosh/Soph warm ups and conditioning together because it was easier. After a couple more sets of push ups, crunches, planks, fast step ups, and lunges, we finally got to the fun part, playing the game.

"Two!" I yelled to our setter, Alyssa. She set it and I spiked it right at one of the humans. She freaked and dodged away. "Sorry." I looked over at Michael who was trying hard not to laugh. We set up again and kept playing. I noticed that some of the new girls that were trying out weren't very good so I hoped it was just going to be us werewolves like it has been for the past few years. We haven't lost a game since me and my cousins began here freshman year. We are very proud of that fact.

"Jess! Jane! Haley! Alyssa! Come here for a sec!" Michael said and we ran over to him. "Why don't you go help out with the other girls? Coach Jackson looks like he is getting frustrated so try to help him out."

"Alright, Coach," we all said mockingly. He rolled his eyes with a small smile on his face and waved us off. I walked over to one of the human girls who was really short and tried to help her. One thing about volleyball is that you need to have a good amount of force when you serve and half these human girls have none.

"Okay, watch my arm movements when I serve then copy them. Okay, Ashley?" I said and the girl nodded. "Jess! Heads up!" I stepped back a step away from the line and held my hand back. I would make it easy so that Ashley could watch. I usually swing really fast because it gives me more force and speed but I could do that either way. When I threw the ball back I watched it for a second then swung my arm and hit it directly over the net.

"How about you try it now?" I said and handed her a ball. She looked scared but got into the same position I was in. When I saw her swing her arm back I knew she didn't have enough force and ended up hitting it under the net. "How about you get a little head start? Like back up and take a few steps before you throw and serve the ball."

"Can you show me?" she asked, nervously.

"Yep!" I said and backed up with the ball. I took a few steps back then stepped forward and served the ball to Jess again. "Go for it but make sure you swing your arm hard and fast. Get as much momentum as you can." She nodded and did what I told her to and yep, she made it. I guess she was really excited because she started dancing and motioned for me to start dancing. I looked around then said to myself, 'what the heck, why not?' and started dancing with her which ended up making everyone, even all the coaches dance. We had a great time. Me and Ashley high fived each other and got some water because we have been working for about half an hour to get the ball over the net.

"Okay! Ladies, good job today!" Michael said. "Tryouts are tomorrow at the same time. Don't be late! If you are going to be late let me or the other coaches know. Get some rest because we have a hard day tomorrow!" Some girls groaned but I jumped up and ran to my car with Jess and Jane. Both of them have their licenses but their parents took their car away because we all got caught t.p.ing a pack members car. My parents thought it was hilarious but hers didn't find it funny at all. My parents still act like teens themselves sometimes so me and Brayden don't get into trouble that often.

After dropping my cousins off, I headed home. We only lived a few minutes away from each other so it didn't take long. Once I got to my house I parked the car, turned it off and headed inside. My parents were laughing in the living rooms so I went there to see what was going on. Of course my dad was on top of my mother, tickling her.

"Really? Already? Can't you at least wait until we are all asleep?" I asked even though I already knew their answer. They both looked up at me, at each other, then back to me and smiled while trying to contain their laughter.

"Nope," they said and started laughing again. I rolled my eyes but still had a smile on my face as I headed up to my room. I really needed to take a shower. It's not like I smell or anything but ever since I met my mate my temperature spikes up and I either have to take a shower or drink lots of ice cold water. Just as I was about to get into the shower I heard a noise in my room that didn't sound good. I put my panties on and a big shirt I was going to wear after I was out of the shower and headed into my room quietly. When I opened my bedroom door I saw a dark figure in the corner. I switched on the light and a guy turned around, surprised. I knew him instantly when I breathed in and caught his scent.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered, knowing he could hear me.

"I-I just needed to see you," he said quietly.

"You need to go. My parents are downstairs," I said and he nodded.

"I know but I just can't stop thinking about you and I just needed to see you again," he said and my wolf was telling me to jump him. Why is she so pervy?! Whenever he is around all she tells me is to do nasty stuff to him. Stupid wolf.

"Please go," I whispered and looked away from his hurt face.

"You don't want me, do you?" he said, sounding hurt.

"It's not that. I just-I have other priorities. I do want a mate but not right now. Not when my senior year is just starting," I told him and he nodded. "I can't have one right now and jeopardize my future." He nodded again and hopped out of the window. I found myself running after him, not wanting what I told him to be the truth. Just like him, I jumped out of the window and landed on my feet softly. He was running to the forest near my house and I ran as hard as I could to him. When I was within a few feet away from him I tackled him and he turned around so I wouldn't land on my back. We laid there for what felt like forever, just looking in each others eyes. I felt like I was squishing him because I'm not the lightest girl out there so I sat up only to have my wolf loving the position we were in.

"I'm sorry for tackling you. I just-what I sad back there, I don't know if that's what I actually want right now. I'm so confused because I want to be with you but I also want to be able to finish school and not have to worry about having a mate," I said and whispered the last word. It was starting to become hard to concentrate with him rubbing my thighs. I guess it was supposed to be soothing but all I felt was pleasure, which was a new feeling to me. No guy had ever been able to make me feel this way.

"Please, understand that I don't want our relationship to be like my parents'. My mom met my dad in her senior year and got pregnant and didn't go to college. It's what I'm afraid will happen if we have a relationship," I said and stuttered on a few words.

"Haley, we are nothing like your parents,' Jake finally said. "If you don't want me to be your mate until you finish high school then we won't. Just tell me right  now so that I can do what I need to do." I sat there and stared off into the forest, thinking. What do I really want? Do I want to have him right now or later? Now! my wolf screamed at me. I took a few shaky breaths and closed my eyes. This is so hard to decide. I just met my soul mate ten hours ago and I'm not sure if I want to be with him right now or not. I looked into his eyes and I knew what I wanted. I didn't want him to have to wait, or for me to wait. I wanted to be with him.

"I-uh. I don't want to wait," I whispered and his lips crashed onto mine. I smiled at how nice it felt to kiss him and knew that I had just made not only my wolf happy but I made myself happy. I wonder how my parents would feel about him? Would they be happy for me? Or would they both scrutinize him and ask him so many questions? I don't think I want to find out anytime soon...

____________________________________________________________________________________

-<3

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

286K 6.2K 37
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
184K 5.8K 22
Ella never believed in fairy tales. She never believed in true, soul mate, electrical bubbling, love. And why would she? She had never experienced it...
287K 7.7K 60
"You're in my territory now, princess, and you'll abide by my rules. Is that clear?" he whispered in my ear as he backed me against the wall, his han...
477K 10.4K 57
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.