Last Year Troubles

By pointlesstests

Starts off after the war, and students are returning to Hogwarts. How will our heros and villians cope with t... More

Dinner with the Family
Train Ride to Hogwarts
Awkward Morning and Awkward Classes
Drinking Games and Being Exposed.
The Next Morning
The Daily Prophet and Insults
Family Dinner and An Invitation
A Christmas Dinner with the Malfoys
Christmas Day and A Ring
School Duel and Swimming
Duel for Victory
The Next Morning
Quiet Classes and Minerva's Intrusion
The New Daily Prophet and A Full Moon
Animagus
We Need to Tell Mum and The Ministry
Full Moon
Tricky Bathroom Time
What the Fuck are You
Going Home
Busy Day
Working Day
Work
Last day and A House Warming Party
UPDATE
Interview, Meetings, and Accidental Magic
Opening Day and A Surprise
Going to Work
Wedding Plans
Birthday and Negotiations
Waking Up
UPDATE: ONLY ONE OR TWO CHAPTER LEFT
Wedding
15 Years Later...

DADA

11.1K 398 106
By pointlesstests

The next morning, everyone woke up early so Neville and Luna wouldn't have to wait for them. Everyone ate, and the Daily Prophet dropped down on the table. Harry was a lot more comfortable now that Rita Skeeter wasn't the front page writer. He opened the paper, and read the article.

HARRY POTTER PROVES US WRONG

Yesterday, Harry Potter and his band of friends, plus his boyfriend Draco Malfoy, were seen going into the Spirit and Beast Division once again. I collected some records, and it turns out Harry Potter's animagus is a Leshy. Leshies, once thought to be fictional creatures, was proved wrong by Harry Potter, who managed to become one through animagus training. He was then seen traveling to the Beast Division, no doubt to record himself as a Leshy. Harry Potter has once again, proved us wrong, and that Leshies are indeed, real.

Harry finished reading the article, and sighed.

"At least this isn't something negative. I would rather have them not write about every single thing that happens in my life, though." Harry said. He downed his cup of coffee.

"The front page will stop writing about you in a year or so, I bet." Luna assured him. "There's going to be a new prince somewhere in the world, and the Daily Prophet will focus on that. It's just a matter of time."

Everyone left, and headed to their first class potions.

"Welcome back everyone. Hope you enjoyed your day off yesterday. Take out your quills and parchment." She said. Harry internally groaned.

The entire period was just her giving a lecture, and the students writing notes. The group quickly exited the class, and headed to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

"Hello. Today we will be learning about the new species of animal that has been surfacing in the Daily Prophet; the Leshy. Mr. Potter, please come to the front of the room." Professor Ulrich said. Harry got up hesitantly, and stood in front of the class.

"Harry here has somehow become an animagus, I'd love to figure out when." He said, raising his brow to Harry. "But his animagus is a Leshy. Leshies are considered, Father Nature, in folk books, and are supposedly mischievous creatures that like to confuse unworthy travelers of their forest. They have a deep connection with nature and animals. Grey Wolves are used by Leshies to fight for them in many scenarios. Leshies are also, apparently, be able to tickle a traveler to death. There has been one woman Ukraine, who swore she saw a Leshy bring a flower back to life. Mr. Potter." He said. He got Harry's attention. "Will you please grace the class with your form?" He asked. Harry felt unsure, but he did so anyways. He concentrated, and turned into the familiar Leshy. His head sprouted antlers, and his body became a tree.

Harry was thankful for the high rise ceilings. He would stretch a little.

"Can you speak to the flower, please." Professor Ulrich asked him. He held a plant close to Harry. It looked like a mouth with little teeth looking things.

"Leshies are known to be able to speak to plants. They can understand all languages, but can only speak Slavic languages. I'm able to understand what he says because I learned a good bit of Serbian when I took a vacation. All Slavic languages are very closely linked, so no matter what he speaks, I should be able to piece together what he is saying." He informed the class. Harry reached over, and picked to potted plant up carefully with his trunk hand things.

"Do you have a name?" Harry asked the plant. Everyone was baffled at how Harry's voice seemed to come from all direction. No one could understand him except Professor Ulrich.

"The creature who tends the garden calls us Venus Flytraps." Harry heard the little plant say. Harry laughed a little.

"You look adorable. What do you eat?" Harry asked the little plant.

"I like those small flying creatures. And the ones with so many walkers." The plant told him.

"What are walkers?" Harry asked. Unsure if he meant legs or not.

"The things you have on you. They help you walk. Some types of creatures can walk, even creatures like myself. But I cannot walk. I have no walkers." The plant told him. Harry turned to the Professor.

"Do you have an bugs or spiders?" Harry asked in Bosnian. Professor Ulrich pieced it together, and found a small jar that held a tiny spider. Professor Ulrich uncapped the jar, and gave it too Harry.

Harry waited for the spider to crawl onto his hand, before he dropped it into the plant's mouth. The mouth slammed shut, and the spider was stuck.

"Thank you." The plant thanked him.

"No problem." Harry said. He handed Professor Ulrich the plant back, and Harry turned back into himself.

"Did you speak to the flower?" The Professor asked. Harry nodded his head.

"Yeah. It told me that Madam Pomphrey calls them Venus Flytraps." He told him.

"Excellent. Have you tried changing into other animals as well?" He asked.

"Um, yeah. So far, I can turn into a bunny, Lion, dog, stag, and Hippogriff. I haven't tried any other animals yet." Harry told him. The class watched Harry. He looked so cool.

"Try changing into a Ukrainian Snap Dragon. They're relatively small, so you will fit in the classroom." He asked. Harry shook his head.

"I'd have to know what they look like." Harry said. Luna looked through her book, and showed him a picture.

"There you go." She said. Harry saw the picture, then concentrated. He transformed into the Ukrainian Snap, and he flew to the ceiling. He used his flaws to cling to the ceiling, and he turned his head a complete 180 to look down at the class. A couple were scared, but most of the students weren't.

"Can you comeback here, and turn back into yourself." Professor Ulrich asked Harry. Harry let go of the ceiling, and in mid air, turned into an owl. He flew to the front of the room, and then changed back into himself.

"Thank you. You may be seated." He excused him. Harry walked back to his seat next to Draco. Draco gave him a quick peck on the cheek, and they listened to the rest of the class.

"Great. Now the reason you learned about Leshies was because this creature is not completely lovey dovey like Harry. Leshies can tickle their victim to death by accident, so it is good to know that if you ever find yourself in that position, then to create a fire somewhere in the forest. The Leshy will be too worried over stopping the fire to kill you." He said. He babbled on about leshies for the rest of the class time.

Harry found out that Leshies can control mind lightly. Like making them think something, or make their subconscious favor doing something. Harry could definitely use that in case something bad happened to him.

Once class was over, they all headed outside to Care of Magical Creatures. Once the four got outside, Harry turned into a German Shepard. He continued to bark at him until Ron understood, and he turned into a dog as well.

"Ron! Let's fool Hagrid!" Harry exclaimed excitedly to Ron. Ron agreed, and the two raced down the hill. Harry turned into a black haired New Foundland, and the two advanced towards Hagrid.

Hagrid turned around, and saw the two dogs running straight for him.

"What the?" Hagrid said. He was stopped when Harry and Ron rammed into Hagrid, and toppled him over. The two stood on Hagrid's stomach while Hagrid laughed.

"Who are ya? No student is 'llowed to ow 'na dog." Hagrid talked to the dogs. Harry and Ron got off, and transformed back into themselves.

"It's just us, Hagrid." Harry laughed. By this time, Hermione and Draco were all the way down the hill, and walking towards the two.

"Mind them. They've been rowdy the past week." Hermione chuckled. Hagrid got up, and hugged Harry and Ron.

"Oh ya got me. Its been so long since 'av seen ya." Hagrid laughed happily. He let go of the two, and ruffled Harry's hair. "Eard da big news. Congrats on provin' the Minstry' wrong. I knew they're real. No one believed me." Hagrid said.

"Yeah." Harry laughed. Not really knowing what to say. Once all the students were at the hut, Hagrid started the lesson. He brought everyone to the edge of the Forbidden Forest, and showed everyone a Grey Wolf.

Apparently Grey Wolves were pertinent to migration of a lot of animals. The wolf was chained up of course, but it was trying to break free. Harry raised his hand.

"I think you should let the Grey Wolf off the chain. He obviously doesn't like it." Harry said. He was right. The wolf was snarling, and trying to bite the chain off.

"But itll 'urt the others if ya do." Hagrid said. Harry shook his head.

"I can't watch it like that anymore. I'll make sure he doesn't hurt anyone." Harry said. Hagrid was a little skeptical, but allowed Harry to unchain the wolf.

"Stay next to me, or I'll chain you again." Harry told the wolf. It walked over to his side, and obeyed him. Harry turned into an Alfa Grey Wolf, and he sat down with the Grey Wolf. Harry listened to the lesson, and talked to the Grey Wolf at the same time.

"How many packs are in the forest?" Harry asked the wolf.

"I only know of my pack. Thank you for saving me from the giant." The wolf thanked Harry.

"The giant is called Hagrid. He is a friend. He loves all the creatures in the forest, even the werewolves. He would never hurt you. He was just trying to show his students what you were for educational purposes. You can trust Hagrid. Tell your pack that the giant is someone to trust." Harry told him.

"Alright. And if you need a place to go during the full moon, feel free to find our pack. We have dens that could spare one more guest." The Grey Wolf told him.

"Thank you." Harry thanked him. He looked back at Hagrid, and noticed the lesson was ending.

"You can go now. Hagrid is done with his lesson." Harry dismissed the wolf. The students watched as the wolf ran away, and Harry changed back into himself, and joined the group.

"What did ya tell 'I'm?" Hagrid asked.

"Nothing much. The pack will know that you're a friend. So if you need him again, just ask." Harry told Hagrid. Hagrid dismissed the class, and everyone headed over to Herbology.

Harry spent more time feeding the plants and petting them than actually filling out his worksheet on the poisonous flowers.

He still got through class, and when that was done, they all headed to Transfiguration.

Transfiguration was easy. The class was almost done for the year, so Professor Agnes was having everyone review all their spells. By the end of the day, everyone mastered tuning wizards into animals, and turning them back. And turning Goblets into animals, and then back to animals. Harry couldn't believe it. He had another month left until exams, and then his last year of Hogwarts would be finished.

The group walked back to the common rooms, and studied a little.

"I can't believe the year is almost done. Soon, I'll need to find a job." Harry said.

"I know, right. But I think I'll be good. The Chudley Canons Captain is going to retire really soon, and I was already being scouted for the position. If all goes well, I'll become the new captain." Ron said proudly.

"Lucky. I'm going to have to take another year of Arithmancy, and then take some Curse Breaking classes. I don't know where I'll go to school yet." Hermione sighed.

"All I know is the garden back at the Malfoy Manor is blooming, and once I'm out, I can sell my plants for a living." Draco said contently. Harry thought. Everyone had a job or idea set up but him. He still had no idea what to do. He knew he could always become an Auror if need be, but he wasn't sure he wanted to pursue that path in life.

Everyone headed to dinner after awhile, and came back. They talked a little, and headed to their dorms for the night. Harry and Draco had a shower, before climbing into bed, and going to sleep.

I'm really dumb for not doing this again, but I didn't grammar check this, so sorry. I'm just in a hurry

~Alex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85 0 53
New to Hogwarts and you meet some people on the train for your first year at Hogwarts but whatever happens on the night of House Sorting will change...
17K 544 23
Harry's last year at Hogwarts, of course, had been interrupted by the war. The war that had ended the reign of Lord Voldemort. The Battle Of Hogwarts...
44.2K 1.3K 19
[takes place after the war] Students at Hogwarts have been given the chance to redo their seventh year at Hogwarts after the war, among them is Harry...
114K 2K 37
Post war, Hermione is back at Hogwarts and finds a way to cope. Draco has to step in and put a stop to it and they discover something life changing...