All I Ever Wanted (Hunter Hay...

By smiles234

Shelby and Hunter have been best friends from the beginning. Hunter gets back with his ex girlfriend, Amber... More

All I Ever Wanted (Hunter Hayes Fanfiction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Authors Note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors Note
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors Note
Chapter 20
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Authors Note
Chapter 27
Authors Note
Chapter 28
Authors Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 33
Authors Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Authors Note
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Author's Note
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Author's Note
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Author's Note
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Authors Note
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author's Note!
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Authors Note
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author's Note
Chapter 75
THE END!!
Author's Note!
Author's Note!

Chapter 38

733 13 1
By smiles234

-Hunter's POV-

"Hunter, come here!!" Dann yelled from the front of the bus.

"Okay!" I yelled hopping up from the bunk beds and walking over to the table and having a seat.

"So, I just got done talking with Taylor's manager, and she said that this will be your last stop on tour!" Dann said.

Wow! This went by so fast! I'm gonna miss baing on the road! But I'm not going to miss the feeling of not being able to see Shelby. I NEED to see her!

"Wow! This went by quick!" I exclaimed.

"Well, dont worry. Soon enough you will have a real life manager, booking you for the opening act."

"I sure hope so!" I said. I took a second and thought about Prom. "Hey, so after today, I'm leaving?" I asked.

It's a Friday, so I'm hoping I can make it back in time to be Shelby's date. I have heard she doesn't have one.

"Yes, like tonight after the concert we are heading home. Why?"

"Because, I want to surprise someone..."

XXXXXX

"Hi mom! Guess what?" I yelled through the phone speaker.

"What would that be sweetie?" My mom asked me.

"I'm heading home right now!"

"Wait, what? You are! Hunter! I finally get to see my baby again!" My mom exclaimed.

I laughed. "Yes! But, dont tell Shelby. I really want to surprise her."

"Like how?"

"Well, tomorrow is prom, and I have heard that Shelby doesn't have a date, soooooo, I was thinking that I would show up at her house in a tux and be her date to prom."

"Oh Hunter! That is sooooo sweet! Can I atleast tell Kelly (Shelby's mom)"

"Yes, but please tell her not to tell!"

"Dont worry! And when you get here, I will have the tux all layed out for you!"

"Thank you mom!"

"You're Welcome! Well, I will see you tomorrow. I love you!" She told me.

"Okay! I love you too." I said before hanging the phone up.

This is going to be awesome!

XXXXXX

"Hunter, wake up! You are home!" Sam yelled.

I snapped awake and smiled. I'm back home!

I ran out of the bus and over to my house knocking on the door.

"Hello-Hunter!!! Oh my! I missed you!" My mom said pulling me into a bear hug.

"Hunter!" My father said, joining in.

I laughed before I told them I would be back. I ran off to my bus and told everybody bye and thanks.

Once I stepped inside the house, my mom pulled me up to my room.

"Here is your tux!" She said pointing at my bed.

"Thank you so much mom!" I exclaimed pulling her into a hug.

"Oh, and here is the wrist corsage that you must give her!" She said, handing me a box with a flower in it.

Soon she left my room and I began to get ready. Before mom left, She told me that Shelby was out getting her hair and makeup done, so she didnt see my bus.

After putting on the tux that fit me perfectly, I walked into the bathroom to fix my hair, and make sure it isn't a mess. But, of course it was! It was sticking up in every which way because I fell asleep.

I groaned before putting gel in my hair to fix it.

I looked at my hair in the mirror before walking out and getting my dad to put my bow tie on me, cause, ya know, I cant tie one.

"Thank you dad." I told him after he tied it.

"You're Welcome son."

"Well, Kelly just texted me and told me that Cam is there waiting on you, so if you just go ahead and walk on over." Mom told me.

I nodded my head, before heading out the door, making sure to take Shelby's corsage with me.

"Hey man!" Cam said as I entered the house.

"Hey bud! Whats up?" I said, pulling him in for a "bro hug".

"Oh Hunter! How was tour?!" Kelly asked me, entering the room.

"It was amazing!" I said.

"That's fantastic!" She exclaimed. "Shelby come here! Alexis you come too, your date is here!" Kelly yelled up to the girls.

I took a deep breath as I heard Shelby's door open from upstairs. Once I saw her at the top of the stair case, my jaw practically dropped. She looked beyond beautiful. I cant even describe how she looks. Beautiful just doesn't do justice.

"Hunter?!" Shelby said loudly. She smiled before running down the stairs and engulfing me in a huge hug. "Oh my god! What are you doing here?"

"Wow, I missed you too!" I joked.

"No, I didnt mean it that way, I-"

"I know Shelby! I'm joking!" I said, squeezing her tighter into me. "You look...words cant even describe how beautiful you look Shelby."

Her cheeks got a light pink tint to them and she smiled. "Not too bad yourself Hunt!" I laughed. "No but seriously! Why aren't you on tour?" I asked.

"We left early! Taylor's manager said that we were free to go! So, I made sure I was here on time to be your date to prom."

"How did you know that I didnt have a date?"

"A little birdy told me." I said, twitching my head in Cameron's direction.

She smiled before pulling me into another hug. I laughed as we pulled apart.

"Well Shelby," I got down on one knee, "Would you do me the honor to let me escort you to prom?"

Shelby's smile got wider. "Well duh! Of course!" She said yanking me off my knee and pulling me into yet another hug.

"Wow, you're in the huggy mood!" I said making her laugh.

"Well, that happens when you miss your bestfriend." She said sticking her tongue out.

"Okay guys! Pictures!" Shelby's mom said, whipping out a camera. We rolled our eyes, but smiled anyways. I put my arms around her waist, and she wrapped her arms around mine, then we smiled to the camera.

After a couple pictures, my parents trampled into the house with a camera also.

We all took a couple group shots, then some with just ourselves, then With our dates.

"Okay, are you guys ready to go?" Shelby's sweet voice asked.

"Yea!" The rest of us answered in unison.

I took Shelby's hand in mine, and began out the door. She looked up to me and smiled and I gladly returned that.

"I'm so happy I get to see you again, Shelby." I told her, opening my car door for her to get inside.

Once I got over to my side of the car, hopped in, and buckled up, she answered. "Ha, you have no idea how much I missed you."

"I think I have an idea."

She laughed. "So, your friend Aaron has been looking out for me."

I gave her a surprised look. "Wow! Thats great."

"Tell me about it...thanks for having people look out for me while you were gone, it means a lot."

"No problem. I just dont want anything to happen to you."

-Shelby's POV-

I smiled at Hunter. He's just so sweet, and I can get over the fact that my bestfriend is back. I missed him soooo much, and just being able to see him in person is....amazing. When he took my hand in his, a bolt of electricity went up my arm. The same bolt of electricity that I have missed ever since he went on tour with Taylor.

"So, I'm thinking that we should go out to eat before we go to prom?" Hunter told me.

"That sounds great!" I agreed.

And with that, we started firing down the road.

A few minutes later, we arrived at Applebee's. I smiled when he opened the door for me. He took my hand in his, and began walking towards the restraunt.

"Hello, table for two- Oh my gosh are you Hunter Hayes?" The waitress asked.

I stifled a laugh as Hunter answered. "Uh, yes. That would be me!"

"Wow! I'm a big fan! I went to one of Taylor Swift's concerts and saw you there! I am now completely obsessed with your song 'Wanted'!" The waitress jumped. "I'm Lucy!" The waitress greeted.

"Well, you know me, but this is Shelby!" Hunter said, gesturing towards me.

"Wait, THE Shelby? The one that you said was perfect on film?" The waitress asked.

Wait? What?!

"Uhhh, yes..." Hunter said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

I'm soooo confused!

"Oh my gosh! So are you guys, like, a thing?" Lucy asked, leading us to our booth.

"Uh, no. We are bestfriend's." I told her.

"Yep!" Hunter agreed.

"Oh, well that's a shame. You guys would be a perfect couple!" I think so too, Lucy, I just dont think he does.

"Thanks!" Hunter said.

I turned to give him a look, but he just shook it off.

"So, what can I get you guys to drink?"

"Two Sprites, please." Hunter told Lucy.

"Coming right up!" She said, walking away from the table to get our drinks.

"What was that about?" I asked Hunter.

"I have no idea. I guess she's a fan."

"Yea, but how does she know me?" I asked 100% confused.

"Uhhh, you didnt see the whole video on TV, did you?" Hunter asked.

"No, I turned part of it off...why?"

"Erm....no reason..."

I rolled my eyes, knowing that Hunter wont tell me anyways.

"Here are yawls drinks," Lucy said, sitting the drink infront of us.

"Thank you!" We both said.

"Are you ready to order?" She asked.

We quickly told her our orders and she left.

A few minutes later, our food came out. Hunter and I small talked for the rest of dinner, before heading out.

After paying for our food, we left the restraunt, and made sure to thank Lucy.

About thirty minutes later, we were walking towards the school, hand in hand.

"Are you happy to be back?" I asked him.

"You have noooooo idea!" He answered, opening the doors to the school.

As we took a step in, everybody went quiet.

"HUNTER'S BACK!" Somebody screamed, causing everybody rushing in our direction to see Hunter.

This is going to be a very long night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 39.5K 46
[ Highest Rank: #3 Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #25 Romance ] ❇❇❇ Life's hard when you live next door to the High School Bad Boy that used to be...
11.4K 153 33
This unexpected love between Hayes and Kaylah will change their lives forever. But will it be for the good or bad?
2.9K 103 19
There were two girls named Hannah and Shelby and they were sisters but there was one thing that was interesting about them ( their werewolves) and th...
5.7K 113 15
Kat and Megan go to Nashville, TN for a concert to see Luke Bryan and Hunter hayes . Little does Megan know about Hunter. Things happen to them and i...