Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 13」

615 23 0
By lazilazuli

A/N: Hope everybody is having a wonderful New Year's Day! Here you all are the first update of the new year.

When you arrived at Jungkook's house, you rang the doorbell and waited for someone to come to the door. The door then opened up and standing before you with an adorable grin on his face, was Jungkook.

"Hey, Jiyeong."

"Hey, Jungkookie," you waved. "Is everyone here?"

"Yeah," he took a quick glimpse back at them before reverting his vision back to you.

Jungkook's eyes wandered from your hair that was swept to one shoulder; to your face, where only a very light shade of pink lipstick covered your lips; and finally to your entire outfit.

"You look really pretty tonight," he blushed in saying.

You then started to blush yourself. "What's gotten into you," you gave him a playful shove to his chest.

He chuckled, "are you blushing?" He then reached out and grabbed onto your cheeks, stretching them out as far as they could. When he saw the look on your face, Jungkook burst out into laughter. "You should see your face right now!" The more he stretched your face, the less he was able to keep himself together.

"Lemme go~" you whined, and so he did.

Before he knew it, Jungkook's bewitched dark orbs could see nothing else but you. Being that he was getting lost in your beauty, he hadn't counted the seconds that had gone by when he stood there, gawking at you.

"Jungkook?" you waved your hand and snapped your fingers a few time, making sure that he was still with you.

About a second later, he shook his head, pulling himself back from the minor trance he was in. "Yeah?"

"Can I come inside now? It's a bit chilly out here."

"Oh, sorry about that," he chuckled nervously, "come in." He stepped back and pulled the door back wider. As he watched you walk past and go inside, Jungkook accidentally inhaled the perfume you wore. It only took but a whiff of you to get his heart up and pumping.

When you walked inside, you saw the boys alright, but of course, they weren't alone. Half of them were sitting comfortably on the couch, while the rest were standing by the kitchen, accompanied by a girl each.

"Look, Jiyeong is here!" You heard Hoseok announce to the rest of the room. After he did so, everyone's attention became ripped away from what they were doing and centered on you.

"Hi, guys, sorry that I'm a bit late," you waved to them all.

"Took you long enough." When you looked over to the couch, you saw Taehyung, who wore an unamused expression to his face. He was sitting next to a girl, who was in a super short skirt, yet cuddled up to Jimin. Though the comment was directed to you, his eyes seemed to be locked onto the television.

You rolled your eyes, "nice to see you, too, sunbae."

When you saw him, you unconsciously started to scan his outfit. A casual black sweater with a pair of dark pants; but to top it all off, a snapback. Normally, seeing someone wearing a snapback was no big deal at all, but there was something awfully fetching about seeing Taehyung wear one backward. You had to admit, it complimented his forehead well. Very well.

"Why're you staring at me like that?" he snapped you out of your trance with his sudden words. "Is there something on my face?"

"N-no," you quickly turned your head away, feeling your cheeks heat up slightly in embarrassment. Of course, you couldn't examine anyone without getting caught.

"Jiyeongie is finally here!" Jimin shouted. "And might I say that she's looking pretty, too." As soon as Jimin said so, the other girls started sending slight scowls in your direction on account of their jealousy.

"You're right about that one," Yoongi nodded in agreement.

"She does, she does," Hoseok joined in. The more the boys continued to throw compliments your way, the deeper the scowls from the girls got.

"Taehyung," Jimin leaned over to looked his way, "you're the only one who hasn't said anything about how Jiyeong looks. Don't you think she looks pretty tonight?"

"Why're you asking me?" he locked eyes with him.

"Because ever since the doorbell rang and Jiyeong came inside, you haven't been able to keep your eyes away from the damn door." Jimin snickered like the little bastard he was, seeing as how he caught his friend red-handed.

Taehyung became speechless and didn't know what else to say or do, but roll his eyes in annoyance. He finally took a glimpse your way, and then at your outfit.

"She looks fine," he said, looking back over to the t.v. He was hoping that he wouldn't have to continue on with what seemed like a meaningless conversation any longer.

You then smiled, "thanks. You look fine, too."

"Alright," Namjoon clapped, "since Jiyeong is here now, let's get going." He, along with everyone else, got on their feet and gathered anything they had taken off or rested on the side previously. Just as everyone was gathered by the door, and ready to head out--

"Hold on," Jungkook had everyone stop and turn towards him, "I almost forgot my wallet upstairs. I'll be back in a sec."

"Hurry back will ya!" Jimin shouted as he ran up the stairs. "There won't be rooms available forever y'know!"

As you were waiting, you decided to take the chance to observe the girls accompanied by the boys. In total, there was five. You were guessing that there was another girl that was going to meet you all were there at the bar as Taehyung's "date".

While observing them, you couldn't help but notice some similarities between their outfits. Very short bottoms, whether they be skirts or shorts, and tops that tried to emphasize their top half off their figure. It just made you wonder if these girls were actually cold or not?

It surely wasn't Winter at the moment, but the warm nights of Summer weren't present anymore either. Being that it was Autumn and the weather was starting to dip practically almost every day, you thought that they'd want to bundle up a bit more than that. Then again, knowing the fact that they were going to be going out with the boys must've blinded their senses of dressing accordingly to the weather.

"Alright, I've got it!" Jungkook came jogging down the steps, while shoving his wallet into his back pocket. "Let's go."

As you all arrived at your destination, a private room was requested for your large group of 13. Once you got to the private room, you were all seated in the following general order. Those who came with girls sat next to them, while you, Jungkook and Taehyung were sitting with each other, with you in between.

"So, when is the other girl going to arrive?" you asked them.

"Other girl? What other girl?" Jimin asked.

"Well..." You looked over towards Taehyung.

Feeling your pair of eyes on him, he turned to you. "What? You think I invited someone here? You really think I'm that shallow?"

"Well, duh."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, "don't worry, there isn't another girl coming."

"What do you mean 'don't worry'? Don't make it seem like I was worried about you bringing someone."

"I hear you, little mouse," he reached over and ruffled up your hair.

Your brows narrowed before smacking his hand away. "I'm not a mouse!"

Not long afterward, the waitress came by and handed you some menus to order your snacks and drinks. After some time of deciding, she returned and started to take orders. Everyone started to put in their individual order for snacks while ordering 2 bottles of soju to share.

"Hey," Taehyung turned to you, "you sure you can eat all of what you just ordered? We're not going to have to roll you home by the end of tonight, right?"

"Will you shut it! I might not look like it, but I have a good appetite. Besides, it's just some snacks."

"If you say so."

"And what will you be having, sir?" As soon as the waitress got to Taehyung, she was biting her bottom lip while looking him up and down as seductively as she could. It was plain to see that she had taken some interest in him.

"I'll have the same thing as him," he pointed over to Jungkook.

"Will that be all?" she asked, to which he nodded.

"Oh, excuse me," you spoke up to catch her attention before she turned and left. As you looked to the waitress, you saw an annoyed expression plastered on her face. Thinking about it now, she only reserved that face for all the girls, but not the boys. "I forgot to say so before, but I'd like to order a glass of water, please."

"Okay," she flashed a smile before walking out. You didn't have to see her face to know that there was a nasty scowl on her face when she walked away.

"Tae, did you see the way she was checking you out?" Jimin looked over at him.

"And? Am I supposed to walk up to her and suggest we head back to my place? No way."

"You wouldn't?" Hoseok raised a brow. "Are you blind? Didn't you see the ass on her?"

"I saw, but I'm just not interested."

"You're out of your mind," Namjoon shook his head.

Taehyung only shrugged, "I guess I am."

After talking for a while and waiting for the snacks to come, it finally came back and was served. Everything looked good, but as you looked at everything, you noticed that there was something missing: your water. As soon as she laid down the last bowl down, she turned on her heal and quickly made her way towards the door. Just when she was about to leave, you went to call her once more.

"Um, exc--"

"Excuse me, miss," Taehyung stopped her before she walked out the door, "a drink seems to be missing. This little mouse over here ordered a water, but didn't get it," he pointed towards you. You couldn't tell if he was trying to help you or tease you at the moment.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." she glanced over towards you. "I'll be right back with it." The way this girl sized you up and down, was enough for you to confirm that she definitely left behind it on purpose. But it hadn't taken her long to bring it back for you, along with a forced smile.

While Hoseok was flipping through the song choices, you managed to pick up a few more things about the girls. Both their actions and behavior towards the boys.

Giggling every few minutes, even though nothing they said was funny; twirling their hair with a single finger until it almost knotted up; batting their fake lashes at the boys, and not to mention the amount of make-up.

When the snacks and drinks arrived, they barely even ate anything, or if they did, they were super dainty about it. All of this while trying their damn hardest to seem as pretty and appealing to their oppa as much as possible. If you think about it, it's a bit sad that they have to do all of this just to be noticed by someone who wasn't going to bother about them the next day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 3.7K 65
You're finally here; your dream vacation spot has been South Korea for years. You and your best friend finally get the adventure you've been craving...
9.2K 340 42
"Agonizingly slow you lifted your head up to meet the eyes of your consoling stranger. A dark brown gaze filled with light golden specks met yours an...
1K 112 14
Taehyung smiles and cups her face teasingly " I'm happy to know you're finally worrying about me. Who knows you might fall- " Instead of smiling she...
541K 22.6K 49
"They can't touch what's mine. They can't stand beside what's mine. They can't have you, darling." he whispers darkly in his ear, smiling like a mani...