Deal With It

由 Aysha07

Tyler Lawson. The hottie in town. The "bad boy". My best friend's brother. The guy I absolutely despised. Eve... 更多

Deal With It
introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
epilogue
author's note

twenty seven

3.2K 107 8
由 Aysha07

This chapter is dedicated to Rushba .

Chapter 27

Arissa's POV

I bumped into Heidi halfway up the staircase and Tyler quickly held onto me so I wouldn't fall. Happiness took over her and she pounced forward to embrace me. "I've missed you so much!" she exclaimed. I had missed her too.

I was a terrible friend. So much had happened to her, and a new problem had arised as well, but I was too involved in myself to even be there for her. She was my best friend since forever and it was about time that I had a nice, long catch-up. This would be the perfect distraction for her.

"I've missed you too," I squeezed her then pulled away and smiled. I held her arm and headed for her room, which could practically be mine, and vice versa. Both of us comfortably sat on her bed and Tyler followed us in, lazily leaning against her wall. Heidi frowned. "Get out, Tyler."

He smiled but didn't comply to what she had asked of him. "Leave! Now!" she yelled, throwing a pillow in his direction which he single-handedly caught.

"Okay," he said and Heidi sighed in satisfaction. "Come on Arissa," he finished off.

I opened my mouth to speak when Heidi took over. "No! I haven't seen her for ages but you have so piss off!"

"I'm not going without her," he said stubbornly.

So I guessed I had no say in this. Every time I tried to get a word in I was interrupted. Heidi stood up and walked over to him, trying to shove him out of the door. "You've had her for hours to do your 'inappropriate' things," she used air quotations and made a disgusted face, "Now it's my turn!"

Tyler raised an eyebrow and laughed sarcastically. "You're going to do inappropriate things to my girlfriend?" he teased her and I laughed.

"I meant I was going to talk for hours.. now shoo!" She huffed and he agreed to leave.

She made her way back and sat down as her red cheeks were beginning to regain their natural colour.

-

Tyler's POV

I passed Mum's room and was about to head downstairs when I heard voices from inside. I pressed my ear near the door and carefully listened.

It was the sound of a female. A bitch to be more precise.

"I saw how Keith looked at you and I'm not risking him leavi—" she pushed the words back into her mouth without finishing the sentence. "I'm telling you now, either you tell Keith to leave or don't return yourself. He wants to build a relationship with his kids but I am not having you around. That son of yours is enough to deal with. I'd be so humiliated if he was my child."

Even without seeing her vile face I knew she was smirking at my Mum, mocking her, hurting her, making her feel like she was bad for us.

"It's a damn good job that he isn't then. I'm sorry but I'm not telling Keith to leave nor am I leaving for good. This is my house and these are my kids. Kids I'm proud of, kids who will definitely make something of themselves. You have absolutely no right to slam Tyler, especially since you don't know him."

I opened the door slightly, happy that my mum stood up for herself and us when I saw her reach for a cigarette and lighter, just after she had put her alcohol down. I frowned but realised it would take her more than a day to let go of her habits.

Laura knocked the lighter out of her hand, demanding attention. "Your kids? Make something of themselves?" She laughed. "Tyler has finished college hasn't he? Do tell me what he's spending his time doing. Which University does he attend?" She asked. When Mum remained silent she spoke again. "Sorry, I forgot that he won't have even gotten the grades. If it was my Kyle—"

I stepped away from the door, not wanting to hear her brag about her angelic son again. Her words held some truth though, what was I actually doing? Wasting time. On the other hand, she was wrong because I received great grades and even applied to two Universities, except I didn't get a response from the one I actually wanted to attend; Warwick University.

I brushed my hands over my face, it was November now so too late to begin the year. I'd have to re-apply next year and find a way to make some money, legally, for now. After all, how long would I last with what I had?

I didn't understand why they hadn't accepted me though. I had the grades I needed for the Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training course. I'd have to check my e-mails and letters again. It didn't make any sense to me.

Laura walked out and was surprised to see me. I glared at her and didn't move so she circled me and rushed downstairs. Mum followed, her eyes red and cheeks wet. God knows what else that bitch had said.

"Mum," I said but she didn't listen, obviously affected by Laura's words. She shuffled past me and headed straight for the bathroom.

I went to my room and opened all the drawers and cupboards, rummaging through letters I had received. No sign of anything from the University of Warwick. I opened up Hotmail to look through my mail, still nothing. Sighing, I sat on my bed. There were probably too many people who applied so not everyone was accepted.

Just my luck.

I'd have to settle for less. Although this degree wasn't essential to have a career as a pilot, it would have certainly made me stand out and given me a greater chance of getting a job. "You called me before," I heard Mum's small voice. I turned around to find her stood in the doorway, a smile painted on her face. "What did you need?" she asked when I didn't bother answering.

"Nothing. Isn't it time for you to go?" I rudely said. My words seemed to hurt her  but I was so used to releasing my stress and anger on others that I wasn't even bothered.

"I'm leaving in an hour actually," she tried to prolong our conversation. I didn't know why though, it most likely wouldn't end well and she knew that. "So what was it that you wanted?"

Couldn't she let it go? Then again that's where I got it from. "I wanted to ask if you had seen any letters addressed to me... ones I might not have opened?" I was so hopeful for the answer to be yes.

She held a finger to her temple as if that would help her remember. "I don't think so," she said and my gaze fell. "There was the one Arissa dropped, but she left it on the table I presume."

I stood up at once.

"What? When was this?"

"I don't think you were together then but it was from a University, I know that much."

"You're sure? Because you're usually drunk so-"

"I'm sure," she snapped, not meaning for it to sound so harsh. "But it must still be here because I don't see why she would need it," she said and left the room. I couldn't fathom why she would need to take it either. Unless... no. She wasn't the type to take 'revenge'. Right?

I barged into Heidi's room and caught the end of their conversation.

"...but he's gorgeous!" Arissa exclaimed and I raised an eyebrow.

"I really hope you were talking about me, baby girl," I warned playfully, forgetting what I really came here to discuss. She giggled and shrugged her shoulders, obviously not going to tell me who they were really talking about. "Anyway, I need to talk to you."

"Uh oh," Heidi chimed in unnecessarily and I shot her a glare to quieten her. A confused Arissa followed me out without question.

"What's up?"

"Did you take any letters from this house? A letter meant for me to be more specific? From Warwick." I got straight to the point.

She furrowed her brow, seemingly thinking, then shook her head. "No, I didn't," she said almost confidently.

"Are you lying to me?" I took a step closer. She looked into my intimidating eyes and gulped.

"I, no, I mean... yes I am," she admitted timidly, crossing her arms and cowering into a corner of the corridor.

"Why?" I kept my voice calm despite the unhealthy temperature my blood was boiling at. "Why did you take it, Arissa?" I pressed.

"I just, I wanted to, I don't know."

"You wanted revenge. I ruined your chance so you decided to ruin mine. I said I was sorry and you still did it."

"No! I took it before we were even together!" She fought back.

"So that makes it so much better, right?"

-

Arissa's POV

Tyler was unbelievable. He was so quick to blame me and judge me after everything he had done. "I never said it makes it better, you need to realise that you've done wrong too, Tyler."

He chuckled in disbelief. "I know I have and I'm sorry for it, I really am. But I also know you're going to constantly bring it up no matter how many times I apologise or even try to make it better!"

"Excuse me? I only brought it up now because you were accusing me of sabotaging your chance at University! At the time when I took the letter, I despised you and I had no idea you were actually sorry. The way you behaved towards me certainly didn't show any regret or remorse!" I defended myself. I wouldn't stay quiet when he was clearly in the wrong.

"Where's the letter?" He changed the topic when he knew I was right.

"I don't know," I muttered honestly. I had tried to find it several times with no success.

"What do you mean you don't know? Don't you mean you ripped it up and threw it away? Or maybe you burnt it?"

"I did no such thing! I must have misplaced it."

"Well that's convenient isn't it?" he sarcastically remarked, still believing that I had destroyed it.

"What does it matter anyway? It's too late to enrol so you have to wait until next year," I informed him.

"Maybe I wanted to know if I was actually accepted, ever thought about that?" he questioned.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, I'll try to find it again but I really don't like that I'm being blamed for everything," I pouted.

"Just forget it," he snapped and turned away from me, heading downstairs. Seconds later I heard the front door slam, the sound of it and his harsh words resonating through me.

When I reached the landing downstairs I heard a voice to my left. "Everything OK?" Kyle was poking his head through the living room door. I nodded and walked off, only to be stopped right before the front door. "You don't look okay," he shifted himself around so I was fully visible.

"I'm fine," I responded bluntly.

"I heard some of what he said," he told me and I quickly gripped the door handle to leave but he rested his hand on top of mine, tightly holding on. "You deserve someone who'll treat you better, speak with more respect-"

"You mean like you?" I interrupted sarcastically. Tyler may have spoken rudely to me and I was certainly pissed at him but nobody else had the right to interfere and basically tell me who not to date.

"Exactly like me," he winked and I scoffed.

"I appreciate your concern Kyle," I said truthfully, "but the truth is I'm in love with Tyler and have no interest in anyone else." I opened the door and stepped outside, but made sure to look back and finish what I was saying. "Especially not someone I just met," I grinned.

"He's going to break you," he said as I approached the gate which would lead me out. I halted and squeezed my eyes shut, ignored his comment and left.

-

Tyler's POV

Hours later I returned home, well, a place which didn't feel like home anymore. When I got inside I realised I hadn't even seen my mum off. Such a great son I was.

"Can I talk to you?" Kyle asked me.

"Probably not, the last time I talked to someone it didn't end well," I said, thinking of Arissa. If I was talking to this piece of shit, God knows how the conversation would end.

"I'm guessing that was your fault," he said. "Yeah, I heard what happened between you and Arissa."

"You nosey little twat-" I stepped forward but he held his hands out.

"Hey now, I'm pretty sure even the neighbours heard you, no need to rearrange my face," he smartly answered, grinning.

"Why the hell are you even telling me this?"

"Jeez, I'm getting to it. Basically I told Arissa you're not good enough for her and she should leave you for me and guess what?"

"What?"

"She agreed," he smiled cheesily. I rolled my eyes, as if she'd leave me for this guy. "Joking," he laughed as if he was the funniest person to exist. "In actual fact, she told me she didn't want me because she loved you, only you."

This, I knew was the truth. It made me happy, also relieved, to know she had said that but I didn't want to show it. "Good for her."

As soon as my foot landed on the first step Kyle stopped me. "Don't you see what an asshole you are? I don't know what you two were arguing over but you were being a jerk, she still defends you and you're not even bothered! How the hell did you manage to get her?"

This dick had been here for a day and was already acting like he knew it all, was already dictating my life for me.

"You'll only appreciate her when she leaves you," he said as I continued up the stairs. His words hit me and I realised how right he was. I was taking her for granted, yelling at her, blaming her for mistakes I had made, forgetting she could leave me at any given moment.

I turned around. "You're right."

"I am?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, yes. What should I do?"

I couldn't believe I was asking him for fucking advice.

"Go to her and apologise obviously!" He ordered. Easier said than done. I agreed and hurried to Arissa's house.

-

Arissa opened the door wide and the white light from the full moon shone on her beautiful face. She was dressed in her hideous red pyjamas that never failed to make me laugh.

"You look great," I smiled awkwardly and she looked to the ground. "Look, I'm really sorry for shouting at you and accusing you before. I should've listened to you and understood that what I've done to you is so much worse than anything you've done. You took responsibility when it wasn't really your fault and I was still being such a dick. Please forgive me."

"You can't keep doing this," she whispered.

"I know," I cupped her cheek and held her closer to me. "I don't like hurting you, baby girl. I promise I'll control my anger, especially around you."

I leaned down and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

Please leave your thoughts down below! Vote and comment

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

2K 232 23
Avery Turner, a perfectionist with a double life, and Kyran Drake, a charismatic boy with secrets, find their fates intertwined when their secrets th...
Broken 由 Claire

青少年小说

5.3K 215 40
Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years went by, and just when Grace feels it's...
629K 18.8K 28
Please note that this was my first story EVER written when I was 12 years old (5 years ago to the current date) and it's not good. There are some ver...
737K 16.9K 23
(WARNING! Don't read this peace of crap! I made it up when I was.. like... 14? Still, it sucks 'cause I didn't give a shit about grammar but now I do...