Last Year Troubles

By pointlesstests

Starts off after the war, and students are returning to Hogwarts. How will our heros and villians cope with t... More

Dinner with the Family
Train Ride to Hogwarts
Awkward Morning and Awkward Classes
Drinking Games and Being Exposed.
The Next Morning
The Daily Prophet and Insults
Family Dinner and An Invitation
A Christmas Dinner with the Malfoys
Christmas Day and A Ring
School Duel and Swimming
Duel for Victory
Quiet Classes and Minerva's Intrusion
The New Daily Prophet and A Full Moon
Animagus
We Need to Tell Mum and The Ministry
Full Moon
Tricky Bathroom Time
What the Fuck are You
DADA
Going Home
Busy Day
Working Day
Work
Last day and A House Warming Party
UPDATE
Interview, Meetings, and Accidental Magic
Opening Day and A Surprise
Going to Work
Wedding Plans
Birthday and Negotiations
Waking Up
UPDATE: ONLY ONE OR TWO CHAPTER LEFT
Wedding
15 Years Later...

The Next Morning

14.9K 525 476
By pointlesstests

hope you get the yuri on ice refrence

~Alex

The next morning, Draco woke up to someone moving around and groaning. He sat up in his chair, and looked at Harry. Harry was starting to wake up. Draco squeezed his hand.

"Harry, wake up." Draco shook. Harry shook his head a little, and opened his eye.

"Where am I?" Harry groaned. He tried to sit up, but he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, and fell back down.

"Don't move too much. You're in the hospital wing." Draco told him. He tried to help Harry get a little comfortable. Madam Pomphrey noticed the noise, and came to check on Harry.

"Hello Mr. Potter. How do you feel?" She asked. Harry groaned.

"I feel like I have a knife in my shoulder." Harry strained. Madam Pomphrey unwrapped the bandage a little to check the bite. Draco snuck a peek, and saw that it was nearly healed.

"You're lucky Mr. Potter. Werewolves have extremely exceptional healing abilities. I'd say we can release you very soon." She told him. Harry thought for a moment. He was a werewolf. No changing it. Harry laid there, and stared at the ceiling.

"At least you won't have to visit the hospital wing anymore." Draco laughed awkwardly, trying to lighten up the mood. Draco noticed what he was saying wasn't helping. Draco straightened his face. "Why did you think it was a good idea to fight it? Haven't you had enough. I could've helped you. Screw the challenge, I just want you safe." Draco told him seriously. Harry held Draco's hand. Draco twiddled Harry's ring a little.

"I just didn't want it to go after you and the others. I didn't want you hurt. If I let it go, and it hurt one of you, it would be completely my fault. I couldn't live with myself." Harry said. He was tearing up a little. Draco got a little angry.

"Yeah, well what if Professor McGonogall hadn't gotten there in time! What if you died?! How do you think I would feel?! I left you with it because you said you could handle it!" Draco exclaimed. He was starting to break down. "You could've died." He said quietly, more to himself. Harry sat up, ignoring the pain.

"I'm just glad that I'm still here." Harry sniffed. Draco stood up, leaned over, and gave Harry and deep kiss on the lips. Of course, Minerva walked in on them, so they stopped.

"I'm glad to see you're awake Mr. Potter." She smiled. "Mr. Malfoy, you have a tournament in an hour. I'd suggest you get changed into a bathing suit, and go eat some breakfast. He will be waiting for you." She told him, then left the room.

"I don't want to leave you." Draco said. Harry kissed Draco's hand.

"Go and win. I'll be here waiting." Harry told him. They kissed again, and Draco left to go get changed.

When Draco finished changing, he met Hermione, Ron, and Luna in the dinning hall. Everyone had bags around their eyes from lack of sleep. They saw Draco walk over, and they immediately started asking questions.

"Is he okay?" Hermione blurted. Draco sat down at the table.

"It depends on what you mean by okay." Draco said. "He has a deep scratch down his face, and over his eye. Oh, and he's a werewolf. Is that okay?" Draco asked sarcastically. He started to eat some food. He was hungry from skipping dinner the night before.

"Cut the shit, he's going to be fine, right?" Ron asked impatiently. Draco nodded.

"He's going to be fine. Although I don't know how his eye is going to heal. He got a nasty cut on it." Draco told them.

"He will be fine. Harry has been through so much, this is only a small obstacle in his eyes." Luna said confidently. Neville agreed.

Everyone finished eating, and headed outside to the black lake. Hermione, Ron, Luna, Draco, and the last contestant, David Daniel, all gathered in front of Minerva. Everyone who was watching sat in the same viewing towers that they used for the Tri Wizard Tournament.

"Okay. Obviously today you will be battling underwater. The objective is to eliminate each other until one if left. Everyone is being provided Gillyweed so you can breathe underwater. You have one hour to win. If you take longer, then you'll need to fight while being on limited oxygen. The mermaids will be watching, and make sure no one drowns or anything. If you're knocked out, they'll take you until your Gillyweed runs out. Now, get into the water, eat your Gillyweed, and duel to win." Minerva told them. Everyone quickly took off their clothes, revealing their bathing suits. They charmed their bodies to stay warm, ate their Gillyweed, and jumped into the water.

Everyone waited the hour, anxiously, for the contestants to surface.

Madam Pomphrey was tending to Harry. She took the bandages off to air out his wounds.

"How do I look?" Harry joked around. Madam Pomphrey smiled, and handed him a small mirror.

"I think you look good. The scar adds character. Don't be alarmed by your sight. It will go back to normal in a couple days." She said. Harry felt his face a little. He didn't look bad at all. He placed the mirror closer to his face, and looked at his eye. It looked normal, thankfully.

An hour passed, and the contestants surfaced. Minerva kneeled down, and spoke to the Mermaid. She stood back up, and announced the winner.

"The winner is Draco Malfoy!" She announced, her voiced echoed through the stands. Many people cheered. Everyone got out of the lake, and dried off. Minerva gave Draco a Gold Medal.

"Congratulations Mr. Malfoy." She congratulated him. Draco nodded his head to her.

Madam Pomphrey gave Harry a potion to deal with the pain. She slinged his arm, and helped Harry get into a clean shirt. He started to walk back to his dorm to take a shower, and meet Draco in the common room.

Draco, Hermione, and Ron rushed inside with everyone else. Luna left to find Neville. The three went to the hospital wing first to find Harry.

"You missed him. He headed to his dorm to shower and change." She told them. They thanked her, and went to their common room. When they opened the door, they saw Harry sitting on the sofa. Harry smiled when he saw them, and got up to hug them.

"Mate." Ron greeted as he hugged Harry hard. He winced and pulled away. He jiggled his slung arm a little.

"Gotta be careful with the shoulder." Harry winced. Hermione and went to hug him, but were more gentle on him. Draco rushed over to Harry, wrapped his arms around his waist, and gave him a deep kiss. Harry kissed him back happily. They parted, and Draco started him worrying.

"Are you in pain? Can you see from your eye?" Draco asked. He guided Harry to the sofa, and sat down next to him. The others followed.

"No and no." Harry answered. "I got some pain reliever, and I can't see out of my eye right now. It's going to take a couple days before I regain vision." Harry told them.

"That's great." Hermione beamed. Harry grabbed the medal around Draco's neck, and kissed it.

"I'm glad you won." Harry told Draco. They kissed each other again.

"Let's not forget a crucial question. What are you going to do next month?" Ron asked him. Everyone got really quiet.

"We can lock you up in the shrieking shack." Ron suggested. Harry nodded.

"I can just do what Remus always did." Harry said. Hermione stood up.

"And you know what? We will do what Sirius, James, and Peter did. We'll keep you company every moon." Hermione stated confidently. Harry smiled.

"You would really do that for me?" Harry asked thankfully. Everyone nodded their heads.

"So are we really going to become animagus?" Ron asked everyone again. Everyone agreed.

Hermione stood up and clapped her hands. "Great! Let's get started." She said. The group had a couple hours until dinner, so they headed to the library to start searching for the correct book. Harry brought his cloak of invisibility just in case.

"I doubt we will be able to find instructions in anything that is not in the restricted section." Draco told them. They agreed. Harry looked around the corner, at the librarians desk. No one was there.

"The librarian isn't there. You can sneak into the aisle." He told them. Hermione took Harry's invisibility cloak, and placed it over her.

"I'm going to look around for the book. I have a better chance at finding it since I've looked around the restricted area multiple times, and I think I have an idea of where it is." She said. She walked away and sneaked through the restricted section. Everyone waited at a table for her to come back.

An hour later, and Hermione came back with a small torn book. It resembled a journal almost. Hermione took the cloak off, and sat down.

"I found it." She said. Everyone gathered around her and the book. She opened it, and read the instructions to everyone.

"To become an animagus, you must keep the leaf of a Mandrake in your mouth for a month, then use it in your potion. Then recite the incantation 'Amato Animo Animagus,' on a daily basis. Once the intial training is over, the wizard or witch will be able to change into the animagus designed for them." Hermione read allowed. "It's not quick enough for us to be with you for your first transformation, though." Hermione added.

Draco rubbed Harry's back. "As long as I have some Wolfsbane, I should be able to control myself." Harry said. "But making Wolfsbane is extremely hard, and catastrophic if made incorrectly." Harry said. He dropped his head on the table. Draco thought.

"No. No we have Wolfsbane! I remember collecting it!" Draco exclaimed. Ron shushed him to make him quiet. He lowered his voice. "When we were in Snape's classroom, I took a whole bunch of potions and ingredients from his cabinet. I remember finding a potion bottle labeled Wolfsbane. It's in our dorm." Draco whispered excitedly. Harry had hope again.

Everyone made their way to the common room. Some people were sitting in the common room, but everyone was mostly outside enjoying their free day. Hermione stashed the book away in their dorm, and Draco went to check on the potions. He came back, and gave everyone a thumbs up.

"I've got it. Everything is set. We have enough to last a couple moons. Then we can buy some more from an experienced potion maker." Draco told them. Harry stood up, and left to go get something from their dorm. He came back holding their necklaces. They agreed to put them back on after the tournament was over. He handed Draco his, and he clasped his own on. Draco did the same.

"When should we start the transformation?" Ron asked.

"After dinner. Then we have all night to figure out how to eat in the morning. We can't remove the leaf for any reason. Which means we can't talk excessively." Draco answered. They all brainstormed ideas on how to eat, and soon it was time for dinner.

They all headed as one group to the dinning hall, and sat at their normal table. Neville and Luna were there waiting for them.

"There you are. Wonderin' where you've been." Neville said.

"We were in the library for a bit. Just got back." Harry told Neville. Harry tried to move his slung arm towards the plate of food, but recoiled in pain. "Son of a bitch." Harry muttered to himself. Draco chuckled, and put some food on his plate. He started to cut it into pieces. Draco tilted Harry's chin up, and fed him a piece of food.

"You do know I can eat with my left hand, right?" Harry smirked. Ron groaned from across the table.

"You're like a married couple." He moaned. Hermione laughed. Harry took his fork, and ate his food with his left hand. Harry looked around as he ate. He noticed many people staring at him.

Harry leaned towards Draco's ear. "Why are everyone staring at us?" Harry whispered. Draco shook his head.

"They're not looking at us, they're looking at you. They all know you're a werewolf." Draco told him. Neville nodded.

"We all heard the audio of you getting attacked. And we saw McGonogall carry you in on the Thestral. We saw your bite-mark as well." Neville told him. Harry became self-conscious at the moment.

"And knowing some of the people in this school, the Daily Prophet will be all over this. I'll make headlines in the worst way possible." Harry thought aloud. Draco rubbed his back.

"Don't worry about it. Everything will be fine. School will be over soon, anyways." Hermione comforted.

Everyone left the dinning hall, and started to head back to the common room. Everyone crowded into Harry and Draco's dorm, and they closed the door. Draco rummaged around his bag until he found the bottled Mandrake leaves. He gave everyone a piece except for Harry. They all placed the leaf in their mouths, and tried to speak.

"Can you hear me okay, Hermione?" Ron asked, although it sounded as if he had a lisp.

"Yeah, but I can see the leaf when you talk." Hermione told him. When everyone spoke, they all had lisps, and the leaves were visible. They tried to hide the leaves under their tongues, but it was extremely uncomfortable. They wedged the leaf between their cheek, and their teeth. This proved the most successful.

"I think we can eat like this as long as we take small bites at a time." Draco said. He sounded a little different, but not too much. Everyone headed back to their own dorms for the night. Harry and Draco changed into pajamas, and packed up the ingredient bottles.

"Do you really want to do this?" Harry asked Draco.

"Of course I do. I'd do anything for you." Draco told him as they cleaned.

"But you don't have to do this. You don't really have to do anything for me." Harry said. "If you want to leave me, you can." Harry blurted out. Draco dropped what he was doing.

"Why would I ever leave you? I love you." Draco told him. Harry was getting a bit emotional.

"This is a permanent thing. I'm always going to turn into a horrific monster every month. I am a monster." Harry sniffed. He was tearing up. Draco pulled Harry into a hug; Harry's face was nuzzled into Draco's shoulder.

"You are not a monster. You are anything but a monster. And I still love you the same. This is just a small obstacle. Remember." Draco said. He separated from Harry, and held onto Harry's left hand, with the ring. "Death is but the next obstacle. I'll always be there for you, Harry. Till death, and then after." Draco smiled.

They both climbed into bed, and got comfortable. Harry nuzzled his head into Draco's chest, and Draco held onto him. This was the first time he had to comfort Harry this year. Usually it was Harry comforting him.

The two fell asleep easily, and quickly.

hope you liked the chapter. I sure did, I suck at ending chapters I know

~Alex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 12.8K 24
TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of SELF HARM, EATING DISORDERS, offensive language towards LGBT+ (Check for more before reading new updates.) Hogwarts is b...
209K 4.9K 21
Harry Potter is going back to Hogwarts for his fifth year. But how will he cope with his worsening depression, especially with Voldemort back and out...
318 22 16
With everyone returning to Hogwarts for their final year after war, things start changing. (I'm bad at this so..)
23 7 7
A year after the war, Hogwarts has been rebuilt and the students have returned, including a temporary 'eighth year' class to make up from the time lo...