Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 14」

569 26 0
By lazilazuli

Finally, the fun could start. Right away, like the last time you all came, Jin played the same few songs that he had played last time. Though when Namjoon came on, his moves were enough to have everyone either on the floor laughing or feeling the second-hand embarrassment. But, you couldn't speak on the other girls. They were too busy, trying to keep themselves together or trying to flirt with the boys as much as they could. The same boys who, unlike earlier, wasn't worried about them and focusing on having a good time with their friends.

"Jiyeong, go up and sing something," Jungkook urged you.

"Yeah, you haven't even gone up yet," Jin said.

"Huh? Oh no, no, no," you waved your hands with a sheepish smile. "I'm fine just watching for now. Besides, I'm nowhere near you guys level when it comes to singing. I--I actually can't sing at all. Not one bit. Like, I totally suck."

"Neither can Namjoon, but he still went up," Yoongi said.

"Come on, we didn't get to hear your voice last time we came here either, Jimin whined.

"Jungkook, can Jiyeong sing?" Namjoon asked.

Yoongi smacked him on his shoulder, "that's not the point here, stupid. The point is to get her up there."

"She's lying," he looked over to you with a growing smile. "Jiyeong has a good voice, but she's just too shy to let others hear it," he told before taking in some more alcohol.

"Oh?" Taehyung raised a brow as he eyed you.

"Jungkook!" You tried to grab him to hush him up, but he was too quick and scootched away from you. "I'm going to get you for this later." The sight of you in distress seemed to make Jungkook laugh all the while.

"If Jungkookie says it's good, then we really have to hear you," Hoseok said.

"It--It's really not--"

"What are you waiting for, little mouse," you heard a deep voice rise up from next to you.

You looked over towards Taehyung, who had just finished pouring himself another cup of soju, and decided to join in on the pressure. "Sunbae, please stop talking.."

"Why? Don't you girls wanna hear Jiyeong sing?" He turned to eye the rest of them. They hesitated, but because it was Taehyung, they nodded and went along with it. "There you have it, Jiyeong. The people have spoken and we wanna hear you sing." Taehyung picked up a mic and held it out for you to take. "Get up there and let us hear those pipes already."

"I--Uh..."

"Jiyeong! Jiyeong! Jiyeong! Jiyeong!" You started to hear the boys chant out your name.

"I--I need to use the bathroom!" You shot up out of your seat and dashed out the door.

"Good going, dumbass, "Jimin shook his head. "You ran her out the room."

"Me?" Taehyung pointed to himself. "You all were the ones who were pushing her the most, so don't give me that crap." Taehyung took some chips from the bowl and popped in his mouth. "You're acting like she went home or something. She just went to go calm herself down, she should be back in a few minutes."

Well, more than a few minutes had passed, and still no sign of you. The boys were beginning to get a bit worried because of you failing to return sooner than they had expected.

"Hey, isn't Jiyeong taking too long in the bathroom?" Yoongi said. "It's been like 10 minutes now since she left."

"You guys don't think she left, do you?" Jungkook asked.

"She couldn't have left," Jimin said. "Look, her purse is still here," he pointed to your spot with your purse in it to reserve it.

"What if she bumped into some trouble out there? One of us should go and look for her," Hoseok said.

Trouble? Jungkook definitely did not like the sound of that. "I'll be right back," he rose to his feet. "I'm the one who started this, so I should go and check to see if she's okay." Just when Jungkook moved to get up, Taehyung stood up as well.

"I'll go get her," he said. "Just wait with the everyone until I bring her back," he moved towards the door.

Jungkook just stared at Taehyung's back until the door closed behind him. A small sigh escaped his lips as he fell back down on the couch.

Being that the room was close to the front of the bar, and the bathrooms were further down inside the bar, Taehyung had to go down a bit of a way to get to the girl's bathroom. As he got down to the bathroom, he knocked on the door and started calling out for you.

"Jiyeong?" Nothing. "Jiyeong, are you in there?" He called out once more, but still, not one voice was heard. Suddenly, he heard the sounds of mumbling going on between two people. His ears were telling him to look right. When he did, he saw a corner that was a few steps away from him. "Don't tell me..."

The corner most likely led to more rooms of the place. Following his instinct, Taehyung decided to follow the sounds to see who they lead him to. When he turned the corner, he found a scene that wasn't so surprising to find.

"Let go of me, you creep!" Just as you had come out of the bathroom and went to return to the others, some random guy, who had been drinking very heavily, came up to you and started dragging you away. This was the 2nd time this was happening to you. How was it that you only attracted bastards like him.

"Come on, just come hang out with me and my friends for a little bit. We won't keep you too long."

"I'm not going with you!" You tried to pry his hand off of your wrist with all your might, but his grip was too tight. Tight to the point where it was beginning to hurt you. "You're hurting me!" You beginning to get scared. Was there really no one around that would come and help.

"Are you deaf? She said you're hurting her, so knock it off already."

When you heard that familiar deep voice, your eyes switched over to the figure that stood behind the guy.

"Who the hell are you?" he sized him up from head to toe.

"Who I am doesn't matter. What matters, is that you've still got your dirty hands holding my girl."

Did you hear that correctly? You took a pause to replay what he had just said, rather, what you thought you heard. Did this guy really just call you his 'girl'?

"Pfft, look at you trying to be the hero. Stop lying, I know she's not with you."

Taehyung then looked towards you. He seemed to be telling you to play along. Unlike in the past, you didn't want to be recognized as his girlfriend, but anything to get yourself out of this situation, right? "Taehyung oppa, help me!" You shouted for him.

Taehyung smirked, "there you go." He walked up to the guy, punched him right in the face, and watched as he stumbled and fell over onto the wall before becoming K.O.'d on the floor. Taehyung then looked towards you. "Well, aren't you quite the pervert magnet."

You scoffed as you stepped over the man, "I hope you're including yourself in that category."

Taehyung scoffed in return, "you think you're a witty little thing, don't you? Is that how you talk to your savior?" You scoffed. "'Taehyung oppa, help me'!"

You heard him say with a fake girly voice attached. But, when you realized what he was doing, you felt your body start to heat up in embarrassment. "Yah! I only said that to help you out, so stop making fun of me!"

"I'm not making fun of you," he gave you a brief pat to your head. "As a matter of fact, I like hearing you call me oppa. The only thing that was missing was you running into my arms afterward."

You playfully shoved him, "as if I'd do something like that."

"Damn it!" Taehyung's knees weakened as he slowly, and dramatically, fell down to the floor. "Are you secretly harboring a gorilla inside of you?" He rubbed his arm, trying to soothe whatever pain he was faking.

"Will you stop exaggerating, you faker? I barely even touched you."

Taehyung erupted into giggles as he picked himself up. "I'm kidding," he ruffled your hair.

"Anyways," you looked over to the man who was knocked out, "he's okay...isn't he?" It seemed like Taehyung had knocked his very soul out of him as well.

"Don't worry, he's just sleeping. I think."

Your eyes widened, "you think?!"

"You're not too good at this whole joke thing are you?"

You frowned, "that's not funny."

"No, but what's funny is you coming to a karaoke bar and not going up to sing."

"I get nervous when I have to sing in front of people. It's not really my thing."

"You knew that, but still came out with us? What's the point?"

"What about you? You've just been sitting there eating and drinking this entire time while everyone else is having fun. I thought you were going to blow me away," you perfectly mocked the fake explosion he had made with his hands from earlier on in the day.

A smile eased up to his lips. "Alright then," he grabbed hold of your hand, "then what're we doing still wasting time out here for?"

You could only smile in return. The feeling of Taehyung's large hand holding your small one wasn't a bad feeling at all. They were warm, ironic for a fairly cold-hearted guy.

"By the way, you do look kind of pretty tonight," he mumbled.

"Hm?" You hummed, urging him to repeat himself, but he just kept on leading you down the hall, without saying another word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

844 104 13
"in dizzying memories that feel like dreams. the rain pours whilst i dance alone. its beautiful, isn't it? when this mist clears i will run toward...
17.8K 795 11
"Hoseok: Truth or Dare Namjoon? Namjoon: What the hell, dare me! Hoseok: I dare you to tongue kiss your crush, if they're here. If not then I dare yo...
1K 112 14
Taehyung smiles and cups her face teasingly " I'm happy to know you're finally worrying about me. Who knows you might fall- " Instead of smiling she...
767K 35.2K 49
"Just because you're my girlfriend now, it doesn't mean that I'll treat you like a princess." ... A cliché love story between a bad boy and a nerd...