Mónéy Matters

By cakeyree

Mónéy is a 17 year old girl who has lost herself after the death of her brother. Left to deal with her indiff... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Book 2

Chapter Thirty-Six

16.9K 460 442
By cakeyree

|Icy|

"Aye you called Yoshi yet, his ass was 'pose to be hea' a hour ago," Kree stated as he handed a few of the corner boys duffle bags. I shook my head and continued to put the last of the white brick like substance in the duffle bags. After I fuck Toni's ass to sleep, I decided to start distributing the rest of my drugs on the street. Carlos wanted his money within the next month, and I was a man of my word. I needed to get this shit sold, so I could make my money.

"Nahh, not since earlier. The last time I talked to him, he told me he was on his way. I tried to call his phone but it's going to voicemail. What about that nigga Tech, you spoke with him," I asked as I leaned back in the chair and took a puff from my blunt.

"Oh yea I called his ass earlier. He said some'um bout Stephanie tripping on him, or some shit like that. As for business wise, that nigga said everything's good. He already got the yayo on the streets of Baton Rouge. That nigga told me to tell you that he should have it all gone by next week. I'm guessing that's gon be the next time we see him," Kree replied before passing the last bag to G, the youngest corner boy on our crew.

"That's a bet," I stated as I watched G, leave out the trap. I made a mental note to stop by the warehouse to see how things were going. Myles walked up to us and threw the duffle bag on the table. Kree and I looked at each other, then at the duffle bag, before looking up at Myles. We had just given him the drugs six hours earlier and he was now back with a duffle bag full of money. This one of the reasons why I like this kid.

"Damn, you sold all that yayo already," Kree asked surprised. Myles stood in front of us with a smirk on his face. Kree grabbed the duffle bag and went through the bundles of money.

"Yea, it's all there. It ain't shit for me to sell three bricks in four hours. That shit is like taking candy from a baby, to a nigga like me." Myles stated as he watched us scan through the bag. Kree nodded his head with a smile. I knew all the money was there, just by the way he was smiling.

"Damn, it's all here to Icy. This nigga got all the money sitting in the bag. Nigga tell me how the fuck you pull this shit off," Kree asked. I looked at Myles and waited from him to answer. He just simply shrugged his shoulders. I was about to put my two sense in, but my phone started to ring. I sighed and pulled my phone out my pocket and looked at the screen to see my moms calling. I got up and walked to the back of my office. My mother rarely called, the only time I'd hear from her was on holidays.

"Hello?"

"Hi Tyree, how are you? How's my baby girl doing and when will she be coming back home. I miss her desperately," my moms said through the phone. I rolled my eyes and retrieved a blunt from the desk drawer. I always had a pre-rolled blunt for times like this. Sometimes my moms could be a pain in the ass.

"Ma I don't know when she plans on coming home. I hope she go back sooner than later. Lately all she's been doing is showing her ass. But wadduhp ma, what you and her dad got going on," I replied as I lit my blunt up. Danaë and I had different father's. My dad died and when I was three. Danaë's punk ass dad came along and married my moms. I never did like his fuck ass. First he came in my pops house trying to run shit, then he got my moms pregnant, and lastly this fool tried to take my moms and the baby away to Alabama.

"Language young man! And Franklin and I are wonderful, thank you for asking. Oh and uh we have a surprise for you my love," my cooed. I blew spoke into the air before responding.

"Ma you know how much I hate surprises. Whatever it is send it back ion want it and I ain't gon' like it."

"Well you're going to love this one darling. It should be arriving on your doorstep in about thirty, forty minutes or so. And I advice you to be there when it arrives," my mother said before she hung up in my face. I smacked my lips and threw my phone on the table. My moms was a trip. When her and my pops was together she was his ride or die. Now that her and Danaë's bitch ass dad kicking it, he got her and my sister all bouji and shit. I wasn't mad though, because I know they straight.

A knock sounded on my door causing me to frown my face. Kree and I were the only two here and that nigga never knocked, so I knew this wasn't him. I quietly opened my drawer and pulled my 9.mm out. Whoever this was, was about to get fucked up. My day been going too well for somebody to come and try to fuck it up. I crept to the other side of the office and turned my surveillance cameras on. I smirked and shook my head once I realized it was only Myles. I had forgot the lil nigga was still here. I walked over to the door and swung it open. He looked down at the gun and threw his hands up.

"Aye Ice, I didn't mean to disturb you, I just wanted to talk to you man to man," he said. I looked down at the gun in my head and smirked. This lil bitch really did have some power. I love my gun more than I love Danaë's annoying ass. If her and my 9 were to switch places, I think my life would be a lot more easier. I pushed the door open for Myles to come him. I saw his chest go down, like he had been holding his breath or some shit.

"So wadduhp young blood," I joked as I sat back in my chair and lurked on Chanel's Facebook account. I was logged in under Asia's account, so I decided to see what Chanel was posting on her page. She really ain't have shit that was interesting on her page. She did have a lot of sexy ass photos though. She had me blushed out over there, making a nigga proud to be her baby's father.

"You ain't that much older than me Ice. But I wanted to talk to you about something, well in this case, someone that I'm feeling. She's a very special female, to both you and I. I guess what I'm trying to ask you is, will you allow me to take her on a date tomorrow night. I would take her Friday but you know I gotta make this last drop with G," he stated. I looked up from the phone and glared at him. I was trying to find the words to let him down easy because there was no way in hell, I'm letting him take Mónéy on a date. I just fuck the grouchiness out of her, and I be damn if any other nigga get a taste of what I had.

I chuckled and looked him in the face. Myles had heart but not enough to handle Mónéy. Mónéy would blow him down if he ever stepped to her like that. I would love to see his Chris Brown looking ass get rejected by Mónéy. That shit would be crucial to laugh at.

"Iight, I'll allow you to take her out. Under on condition tho," I stated as looked down at the text I had just received on my phone.

"What's that?"

"You gotta ask her ya self, and you gon' have to do in front of me. As a matter of fact, she should be at home right now. You wanna catch that ride with me and Kree," I asked holding in my laughter. He quickly shook his head up and down with a smile on his face. Too bad Mónéy was gone knock it right off.

_________________

We pulled up to my mansion a little over an hour later. I knew my moms surprised had arrived a long time ago, but I wasn't sweating it. She didn't know what time I was going to call and thank her for it. Myles, Kree and myself exited the vehicle. Myles had a wide grin on his face as we walked up to my front door. Kree, on the other hand was looking at a suspicious looking car that was parked on the side of the road.

"Say Ice, you know anybody that drives a red 2017 Tahoe," he asked as he pulled his gun out. I shook my head no and did the same. Myles ass was too busy ringing my doorbell and smiling to realize what was going on. That's one of his faults, he don't pay enough attention, like my nigga Kree does. Just as I was about to warn him, the front door swung opened and my mother's smiled faded when she saw the gun in my hand.

"Boy put that damn gun up. That's Franklin's truck, get y'all asses in here now. I done put this food on and all y'all bastards getting a plate," she scold before turning around and walking away. I smacked my lips and threw my hands in the air. So this was her fucking surprise. If it was I want a fucking refund. My moms is cool and I love her to death, but I can't deal with her for to long. Kree and Myles quickly walked in the house while I took my time.

Right before I walked in I saw Yoshi's car whip in the driveway. I stood in the doorway and watch everybody get out. Mónéy ass shot right pass me, without even making eye contact. I thought that shit was weird, but I didn't linger on it too much, I just follow everyone inside. I looked around the den and saw Peanut staring at Danaë, who was on the other side of the room talking to her bitch ass dad. I mugged him and walked towards the kitchen.

"Hello Tyree, how's life treating you," Franklin asked before I could make it in the kitchen. I turned around and was about to flash out but Danaë looked sad, so I simply ignored him and checked on my baby sister.

"Aye Nae what's wrong wit' yo eyes, you been crying," I asked. She shook her head and hugged her dad. I looked over at Peanut who was avoiding eye contact with me. Well damn, it must be 'don't look Icy in the eye' day, today or some shit. I walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the table while my mother stood at the stove cooking and talking to Tiana's crazy ass.

"Well if you just had a full course meal, then why do you want another," my moms asked Tiana as took the casserole out the oven. The while kitchen smelled like different varieties of foods. My mom loved to cook, any and everything. I guess since she never had to work a day in her life she got bored, and the only thing she actually needed to do was cook and clean the house. She was an expert at cleaning and her food was always the bomb.

"Ma'am, I get really loaded, like a lot, so after there's enough smoke in my lungs, I be hungry. Does that explains your question or nahh," she asked. My mother turned around and looked at her like she was crazy. She hated incorrect grammar, and everything Tiana just said was incorrect. Luckily her little ass was saved by Chanel. When my mother saw her she took her cooking mittens off and put her hands on her hips.

"Well if it isn't the lovely, elegant Chanel number 1. Girl get your behind over here and give me a hug," my mom squealed. Chanel happily walked over to my mom and squeezed her tightly. I watched the two as they encounter. They've always been close, my mother loved Chanel more than I did. She use to say she was a perfect match for me and I used to believe it, that is until I met someone else.

"Oh my goodness Mrs. Davis how are you. I haven't seen you in forever. Wait, wait a minute, is that a Marc Jacobs top and bottom that was in this year's catalog," Chanel asked. My mother nodded her head and twirled around for her. Tiana pulled out some money and started throwing one's at my mother like she was a stripper. My mother immediately stop twirling and gave Tiana a dirty look.

"Little girl, will you stop with the foolery and get this table set so we can all eat. I have no time for your games and what not. Tyree darling make sure she doesn't have a seat next to me," she whispered the last part but Tiana heard her.

"Oh baby fu-," I walked over to Tiana and covered her mouth before she said something disrespectful to my moms. I would hate to have to shoot Yoshi and Mónéy's friend. My mother and Chanel left out the kitchen talking about fashion week and all the rest of that bouji bullshit. Tiana bit my hand and I slung her ass forward.

"Fuck is wrong wit' yo crazy ass. Don't be biting me, you might've have AIDS or some shit," I semi yelled as I walked over to the sink to wash my hand off.

"Nigga you got me fucked up. I only fucked one nigga and that's Rakim Allen and that shit was amazzzzzing. Yassss lawd, you might know him by his stage name PnB Rock," Tiana screamed. I smacked my lips before throwing the paper towel roll at her head. She turned around and flipped me off.

"Aye fa' real tho', you seriously know PnB Rock," I asked. She nodded her head. "So what if I wanted to get him to perform for Mónéy's eighteenth birthday party. You know like a surprise, would you be able to let him know I wanna book him," I informed her. She rolled her eyes and waved me off before leaving out the kitchen. That bitch!

My mother walked back into the kitchen and smiled at me. I looked at her weirdly before taking a seat at the table. She walked over and sat across from me before looking back at the doorway of the kitchen. She was real life creeping me out.

"Ma what's wrong wit' you. You looking back and smiling like you trynna kill me," I stated bored. She rolled her eyes and waved me off.

"Oh nothing dear, I just can't wait to spend the day with you and Chanel tomorrow. We are going to have a jolly day." She said tapping her fingers along the table.

"Tomorrow? You staying in New Orleans tonight?"

"Yes I was going to spend the week here. Since Danaë is gone I get kind of lonely. Franklin is always busy with his work and I rarely have company at all. Franklin will only be here for tonight, he has to go back to Alabama tomorrow morning to make sure his clientele is still good. I explained everything to Chanel and she invited me to go to a special place with the two of you tomorrow," my mother stated.

"That's cool ma," I said. She smiled and got up from the table. Danaë walked in looking all sad and shit. She sat at the end of the breakfast bar and played on her phone.

"Danaë honey would you inform everyone that it's time to eat," my mom asked as she placed the Creole gumbo in the middle of the table. My stomach growled at the smell of the food. I was hunger than a motherfucker, I had smoked a lot of marijuana and I only ate six times today, that shit ain't keep me full. Danaë walked in and everybody else followed.

"Ooouuu Mrs. Davis it smell good as a mug in hea'," Yoshi stated as he and Tiana took a seat next to each other. My moms and Franklin sat on either side of the table like they were the king and queen of us. Chanel and Kree sat to the far side by my mom and Peanut stood and waited for Danaë to choose where she wanted to sit.

"Nae I got you a seat right here. I saved it just for you," Myles said as he pulled the chair out for her. Everyone at the table look confused except my moms, her ass was over there smiling like she had one a metal. I mugged Myles and made a mental note to check his ass. Just earlier he wanted Mónéy, and now he was trying to come at my sister, that shit wasn't happening. Danaë smiled weakly before looking at Peanut and walked over to the chair that Myles had pulled out. Once they were all seated I noticed the empty chair that sat next to me.

"Where's Mónéy," I asked. Everybody shrugged there shoulders and got prepared to say grace. As soon as I got up Mónéy walked into the kitchen. She looked at the empty seat and reluctantly sat in it. I frowned at her. She been acting weird every since she got back here.

"Ok now is everyone here," my mother asked looking around the room. "Bow your heads and let's say grace. Before we start since it's a lot of us we each or going to go around the room and say a little short prayer once Franklin starts us off with God is grace, God is good. Is everyone OK with that?" We nodded and said yes before bowing our head and closing our eyes.

Franklin bitch ass cleared his throat before talking. "God is grace, God is good."

My moms went next, "Let us thank you for my food."

Danaë went next, "Bless the hands that prepared this delicious looking meal."

Then it was my turn, "Bless everyone who eats this meal and allow it to fill everyone up, I guess." After I said my little prayer the rest of the guest started being petty and saying stupid shit.

Take Tiana for instance, this female said; "Let the hands who prepared this food burn. Since they wanna talk to me any kind of way."

Then they had Myles who was all in his feelings. "Bless the soft hands that I am holding to the left of me." I opened my eyes and looked to the left of this nigga to see Danaë blushing and shit. I frowned and looked over to the right to see Kree's ass stealing a piece of chicken during grace. His stupid ass had no home training. He quickly stuff it in his mouth and then closed his eyes like nothing happened.

"God bless Mrs. Davis for making some good chicken, that shi-, I mean that stuff good as hell," Kree stated. I sighed and shook my head at his childish ass.

"Bless Mr. Davis for buying Mrs. Davis a knew Jimmy Choo bag. Can you bless me the way you blessing her. If not will you at least help me out with a negative tomorrow," Chanel prayed. I smacked my lips and peeped at her, she was dead ass serious too.

"God I ask that you bless Danaë daddy over here. This nigga walking 'round wit' a $20.000 Rolex on, he just begging to get jacked," Yoshi joked, at least I think he was joking.

"Bless all the people who remained the same since day one. I wanna give a shout out to you God first. I wanna thank Icy, my brother Kree, Chanel sexy ass, Mónéy crazy ass, Tiana violent ass, my nigga Yoshi, Mrs. Davis and her man. Oh yea I guess you cool too Myles, I guess," Peanut stated.

"Uh........ Amen," Mónéy said. Everyone opened their eyes and looked at each other like we all had lost our minds.

"Would you all like to explain something to me," my moms asked looking at each of us. I shook my head and reached for the rice but before I could get it Mónéy placed her hand on top of mine on an accident. She quickly snatched it away, still avoiding eye contact with me. I was getting sick of this shit and today was the day that I got to the bottom of it.

"Did I do something wrong," I whispered. She quickly shook her head no and continued eating her food. I decided to leave it alone, but I was going to see what's up with that later on.

"Oh dammit, I forgot the wine," my mother said as he hopped up from the table and walked over to my pantry. I looked over at Peanut who looked pissed to the max, whatever he was looking at was about to die. I scrunched my face up and followed his eyes right to where Danaë and Myles were sitting having a conversation. I chuckled and shook my head. Peanut had nothing to worry about because Myles wasn't feeling my sister, he wanted Mónéy, at least that's what I thought.

"Here we go, I'm back with the drinks. Now all of you who are under twenty-one can't have any liquor. I know young kids like to lie so I need to see some ID first," my moms demanded as she walked around the table. Tiana groaned and stabbed her fork in her chicken, I knew her and my moms would bump heads. Before my moms was all bouji and shit, she was just like Tiana, a loud, unwanted, obnoxious girl who kick it with drug dealers for acceptance. That's why Yoshi fuck with her the long way, she cool as hell.

My moms poured alcohol in everybody glass, except Peanut, Danaë, Mónéy, and Tiana's. Peanut lil hard-headed ass didn't care, he'd sip out Myles wine glass when he wasn't looking. I was enjoying the fuck out of my food until my phone started ringing. I looked down and saw Toni calling me. I smacked my lips and hit ignore. For a while the rest of the dinner was quiet and cool. It wasn't until Peanut got a little tipsy, Myles made a stupid ass announcement, Tiana exploded, and Chanel confessed, them motherfuckers ruined the whole dinner. It all started with one simple command from my Franklin.

"Someone pass me the potato salad. My sweet sweet Regina made that, and I can't wait to gobble it up," Franklin cooed as he blew kisses my mother way. Out of nowhere Mónéy's phone started to ring, her ringtone was Single Ladies by Beyoncé. Peanut though that shit was so funny.

"Raise your hands if you single at t-this table," Peanut asked. Tiana point her fork at my mom's before talking out the side of her neck. These two motherfuckers started with this petty shit.

"Regina's ass needs to be single. Franky my boy I don't know how you deal wit' her bitchy ass. No offense to ya moms Icy but she is annoying as hell, Chanel too," Tiana said before stuffing her mouth with greens.

"So y'all ugly asses just gon' ignore my question. Who the fuck in here is single," Peanut asked again. Everyone looked over at him with raised eyebrows.

"Well ok, since Anthony wants to play a game let's play it. I don't need him using that kind of language at the dinner table, and Tiana it would be nice if you kept your pretty little mouth closed," my moms snapped. She nodded her head for Peanut to continue on with his game. He smiled and got up from his seat, with the help of Myles.

"Iight, so this how it's gon go. We all gonna go around the table and state if we single or not and why. If you ain't single, then you say the name of the person you with. Alright let's start with me. I'm single as fuck and it's because these lil thots ain't loyal. First they talk down on you to they stupid, hoe ass friends, next thing you know you making them moan in the back of the car. Well that proves my point single is the best way to be," he stated as he fell back in his seat. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and then looked over at Danaë who was biting her lip nervously.

"Ok........Franklin and I will go next, we are happily married and in love. We've been married for twenty years and I couldn't be happier. We have a beautiful daughter together and Franklin helped me raise Icy when he was a little boy. I love him because he's an extraordinary man," my moms announced. Franklin smiled and stood to his feet.

"Regina, you are my lady and I love you. I love her everyone, she's given me everything a man can ask for. We have amazing children together, Tyree might not be mine biologically, but I love him just as much as I love Danaë. Regina has brought so much light into my life. She made me a better man. I love you Regina more than anything in this world," Franklin said before blowing a kiss his way. I mugged him while all the females in the room cooed and clapped.

"Iight, that's cool and all but Danaë it's yo turn. Tell everybody if you single or not," Peanut stated. Danaë cut her eyes at Peanut before shaking her head angrily.

"Ok I'm single! I'm very single, you know why. Because boys aren't nothing all they wanna do is break girls hearts," Danaë snapped. I shook my head and quickly finished my food.

"We all ain't like that Nae, but I'm single because I haven't found the right one," Myles said. Danaë blushed at him before rolling her eyes at Peanut.

"Can we all just finish eating," my mother asked. We did as she asked and ate in silence for the rest of the dinner. Once everyone was done we all pitched in and help clean the kitchen​. After we were done we gathered around in the den and held conversations. Chanel walked out the kitchen holding a glass filled with red wine. I frowned at her but she ignored me as she stood in the middle of the floor.

"Attention, attention, I need everyone's attention up here please," Chanel order as she clinked a spoon up to her glass. Everybody stopped what they were doing and looked at her.

"Ok, so I have an announcement to make. As you all know Icy and I use to mess around. Well we just recently linked back up, long story short I might be somebody's mommy in about nine months," Chanel said. My eyes widened and everyone around me gasp and stared at me. Chanel smiled before walking into the kitchen. I just sat there looking dumb as everyone around me gave me questioning looks.

"All y'all need to get the fuck out, now," I growled. I walked up the stairs and slammed my bedroom door. I don't even know why I'm upset I guess cause everybody staring at me like I'm wrong. Damn and Mónéy ain't even know shit about this she probably hates me right now. What the fuck was Chanel thinking?

____________

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

Questions

1. Myles is feeling Danaë. Do you think they'll be a thing in the future or nahh?

2. How do you like Icy's mom and stepfather?

3. Do you have an idea of why Mónéy's avoiding Icy?

Author's note: I have no problem updating when y'all ask but I would really appreciate it if I got more comments and votes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 4.7K 12
(Previously Loving the Thug Life) 16 year old Ariela never had an easy life. People always said she had it good but they were just looking from the o...
7.4K 134 20
"He made me believe I was worthless and alone, I felt I did something wrong, and I deserved it." Those were the quotes to Nia's everyday life while b...
210K 5.6K 42
Diamond had a fucked up childhood which turned her into a thug. She starts falling for a boy but he doesn't know how fucked up she is and neither doe...
839 25 23
After building the courage to escape her long-term abusive relationship Naomi Banks hits the road running and finds herself back in her hometown for...