Holding Onto You (boyxboy)

By ArmchairPhilosopher

"So you're blind?" "Yes" "Well just so you know, I'm hot." Hunter has been blind since he was two and has be... More

Holding Onto You (boyxboy)
Holding Onto You Chapter 1
Holding Onto You Chapter 2
Holding Onto You Chapter 3
Holding Onto You Chapter 4
Holding Onto You Chapter 5
Holding Onto You Chapter 6
Holding Onto You Chapter 7
Holding Onto You Chapter 8
Holding Onto You Chapter 9
Holding Onto You Chapter 10
Holding Onto You Chapter 11
Holding Onto You Chapter 12
Holding Onto You Chapter 13
Holding Onto You Chapter 14
Holding Onto You Chapter 16
Holding Onto You Chapter 17
Holding Onto You Chapter 18
Holding Onto You Chapter 19
Holding Onto You Chapter 20
Holding Onto You Chapter 21
Holding Onto You Chapter 22
Holding Onto You Chapter 23
Holding Onto You Chapter 24
Holding Onto You Chaper 25
Holding Onto You Chapter 26
Holding Onto You Chapter 27
Holding Onto You Chapter 28
Holding Onto You Chapter 29
Holding Onto You Chapter 30
Holding Onto You Chapter 31
Holding Onto You Chapter 32
Holding Onto You Chapter 33
Holding Onto You Chapter 34
Holding Onto You Chapter 35
Holding Onto You Chapter 36
Holding Onto You Chapter 37
Holding Onto You Chapter 38
Holding Onto You Chapter 39
Holding Onto You Chapter 40
Holding Onto You Chapter 41
Holding Onto You Chapter 42
Holding Onto You Chapter 43
Holding Onto You Chapter 44
Holding Onto You Chapter 45
Holding Onto You Chapter 46
Holding Onto You Chapter 47
Holding Onto You Chapter 48
Holding Onto You Chapter 49
Holding Onto You Chapter 50
Holding Onto You Chapter 51
Holding Onto You Chapter 52
Holding Onto You Chapter 53

Holding Onto You Chapter 15

53.2K 1.7K 1.2K
By ArmchairPhilosopher

Brian's pov

We entered the dining room and I kept my eyes glued to the cream tiles the whole way to my seat next to Vince on his left. When I did risk a glance up I got a glimpse of Vincent's brother who sat across from me and was starring at me with questioning eyes. I plunged me gaze back down keeping my eyes fixed on my trembling hands.

"Evening dad, how was your day?" Vincent spoke to his dad who sat to his right at the end of the table, breaking the silence that had formed around his family who were eating and giving me strange looks.

"Evening son. My day was like every other day thanks for asking. You normally only have Finn over, who's your friend?" His dad replied, his voice rough and terrifying even as he spoke calmly.

"Yeah Vince who's your friend?" His brother who sat to my left at the other end of the table asked.

Vince took my right hand in his and placed them on his leg under the table causing me to calm down just a tiny bit.

"Guys this is Brian Harvey. We go to school together. Brian this is my dad Richard." He introduced us pointing to his dad. "This is my mum Bree who you've just met." He said pointing at his mum who sat opposite him. "And these are my brother's Steven and Jamie." He said pointing at Steven across me and Jamie next to me.

"Hello." I spoke my voice deciding to take a hike and leave me with a soft whisper so I just smiled at all of them and looked back down.

"There's actually something you all should know." Vince started and I crossed my fingers hoping for the best. Of course luck is my number one enemy.

"Brian." Jamie pointed out and I was ready to bolt from here by the look on his face. "Vincent aren't you always complaining about a guy named Brian always bullying everyone and getting you into trouble with Mr. Smith because you have to fight with him everyday and that you hate him and he belongs in jail and that you want to hang him upside down and shove a chainsaw down his throat. That's what you told me a few weeks ago when I called you and you were in a bad mood."

I looked at Vince with a raised brow and he sheepishly smiled at me rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

"At least I was talking about you." His voice wavered a moment and then he regained control. "Yeah and this is the same Brian but like I said, there is something you all need to know."

"Vincent what is he doing here?" Mr. Stone questioned Vince who's hand that was holding mine shook a little. "Do you know how much of embarrassment I've had to endure every time John calls me to complain about you and you actually brought the cause of this problem home, to dinner. Why? Answer me." This time his dad's voice was anything but calm.

Vincent stood up and I got dragged up with him since his grip on my hand had tightened.

"Dad Brian is anything but the cause of this problem, Kevin is. If it wasn't for Brian, calling this whole situation a problem would be putting it mildly. Brian has sacrificed so much and I was ignorant enough to not see it. Dad you won't believe it but Brian deprived himself of having real friends and pretended to be Kevin and the rest of those shitheads friends so he could be their leader and not let them cause any real harm but only do little damage which left the kids with not more then a blue eye or bust lip instead of trauma and suicide attempts. I've said it before, dad and I'll say it again. I'm not the real hero for stopping Brian and hitting him. He is the real hero for giving up so much for the sake of others. And for that you need a big heart. Which just so happens to be filled with love, for me.Brian is my boyfriend dad. We're dating." Vincent finally finished, taking in a much needed breath. My wide shocked eyes shifted from him to his silent family.

Steven and Jamie stared at us with their eyes wide and their mouths hanging open completely speechless. His mum looked stunned beyond words and his dad's face remained neutral as he starred at Vince and I.

"Are you guys planning on saying anything or are you just going to stare at us with shock for the rest of the evening?" Vincent asked, sounding a little worried.

"When did you find out about this?" Mr. Stone continued his questioning in a slightly more toned down voice after several minutes of complete stillness, the food even getting abandoned.

"Last Monday." Vincent replied sitting back down and pulling me down with him not once leaving my hand.

"And when did you start dating?"

"Last Tuesday." This time my boyfriend turned to look at me with fondness and I smiled at him.

"Well son I'm not so sure, I mean what makes you believe what he is saying is the truth? He could be fooling you." I couldn't believe my ears. Was his dad really saying that.

"Dad he is sitting right here. And I believed him because I could see in his eyes how honest he was being. He has never once hit me back when I so carelessly hit him everyday for so many years. Dad if you just spend a few minutes with Brian you'll know why I want to be with him." Vince argued, a slight plea lacing his voice. "He told me he loves me dad."

"Vince I always thought you'd come home one day and tell us you got a chick pregnant, or a few chicks." Jamie chuckled. "But I never thought you'd ever announce that you're gay. And dating the one person you never failed to hate."

"That's right Vince you cannot expect us to just accept so much just like that with no questions asked and with no doubt." Steven added. "I mean if you brought home Finn perhaps, we would have understood because you're really close to him. Or even that new kid Hunter who you talk about every opportunity you get. We haven't even met him yet but we know how great he is thanks to you. Mum and dad met him and they think he's great. But to suddenly bring home your enemy and say you're dating him."

"Haven't you guys been listening to me. Brian is not the enemy. I know that I only know this for less then two weeks now but after what Brian has been through because of me, I don't even deserve him. Finn is the best and I love him to bits but he's my best friend. And Hunter, what can I even say about Hunter. He's perfect, which is why I don't deserve him. Just like how I don't deserve Brian because he's amazing and caring and breathtaking. Quite literally actually. But what can I do, I'm falling for him." The youngest of the Stone's said and I squeezed his hand, shaking my head when he turned to look at me. He deserved only the best and he has no reason to think otherwise. "Mum what do you have to say about this? Do you agree with dad, Steve and Jamie or do you approve of our relationship?"

"Honey I'm happy as long as you are happy. Your coming out provided a shock, nothing more. I accept you wholeheartedly. Brian may have caused you trouble in the past but he had a very good reason behind it and what he did was not easy. I'm really proud of you Brian." Mrs. Stone turned to me with a bright genuine smile and my heart melted.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Stone. It means a lot to me." I told her smiling back.

"Thanks mum I love you." Vince grinned before turning to his dad. "Dad why can't you just accept it. I promise Brian won't give you any reason to complain. He's perfect dad."

Mr. Stone turned to me with a hesitant look and I decided to give my two cents.

"Mr. Stone with your permission may I say something?" I asked him, my eyes raising to meet his. He nodded and I cleared my throat taking a fat chance.

"Sir I know that I've been a nuisance to many people in the past and I apologize for any embarrassment and problem you've had to bear because of my doings. And I know that no amount of apology can suffice for how I handled the situation because going to Mr. Smith with the truth instead of trying to handle it myself would have been the right thing to do. But I guess we all do stupid things and try to be heroes when we know it's impossible. However I understand where you're coming from. Vince is your son and you just want what's best for him. You don't want him getting into any situation where he'll get hurt and heartbroken. You want to keep him happy always right?"

"Yes of course." He said, true belief in his words.

I smiled and leaned in closer to the table. "Sir today I found out something about Vincent that made me understand him and his family life better. What I learned made my love for him grow triple in quantity. And with that love came respect and trust. Because after he confided in me about this I realized that he knows the importance of family, the value of relationships. And this bit of information made us more compatible then anyone else. Mr. Stone I'm adopted." There was a collective gasp from everyone except my boyfriend and I nodded continuing. "I have two dads. They adopted me with obvious reason the day I was born. They told me that my parents gave me up because they were still in high school and they didn't want a baby to come in the way of their future. Well actually I had to force the truth out of my dads. But I didn't feel bad. I didn't cry or get angry or even blame them. This is the life that was meant for me and I love it. If I had the world to choose from-- including my biological parents-- I'd choose my current and only family. And although I abide by those words and I would do the same, that same sentence was told to me by your son not even thirty minutes ago. And with that love for our parents comes respect, obedience, trust and loyalty. You want to give your son the world. You want or perhaps even need to give him the best of the best. Your families happiness is your number one priority and I understand and respect that completely. Sir if you feel and believe that I'm not right for Vince then I'll leave, no questions asked, no begging, nothing. I as well as Vincent will accept what ever you decide and I will leave him alone. Because being disrespectful and disobedient to the parents who gave us the world will be far worse then parents who abandon their children." By the time I finished speaking I was starring into a pair of glossy eyes that belong to Vincent's father and before I looked down I saw the tears spilling. I looked at Bree when I heard a sob and saw that she was full out crying. I turned my gaze to her two older sons to see that their look of shock that they had gotten when Vince announced being gay had returned but this time they looked perplexed.

I finally turned to the youngest son and he was starring at me with admiration. With all the attention directed toward me I felt flabbergasted and shifted my chair closer to Vincent hiding my face in his neck trying not to blush.

What Mr. Stone did next made me sit up and have my share of shock.

He started off by smiling which after a few seconds turned into light chuckles vibrating from his chest and soon he was full out laughing. I looked at Vincent puzzled and he pulled me into a mind blowing kiss making me forget my surroundings. I kissed him back just as vigorously feeling as if I hadn't felt his lips on mine for years. When I heard Bree clear her throat I pulled away and the threatening blush finally escaped from behind my skin turning me redder then the bowl of sauce in front of me.

"Vincent." His dad began once his chuckles subsided. "You keep this boy happy. You make him sad or trouble him even once and you'll have me to answer to you hear me?" He ordered.

"Oh thanks dad I feel the love. You're suppose to tell all that to Brian and you're defending him. That's not fair." Vincent whined.

"Vincent this boy is the perfect son, I'm sure he'll be the perfect boyfriend as well." Mr. Stone explained.

"Hey!" All three brothers said at once causing their parents and I to laugh.

"Welcome to the family son." Mr. Stone blurted suddenly and I turned from looking at the pride and joy of him and his wife as they argued with each other on who's the best son, to stare at him bewildered.

"Tha-- thank you Sir." I managed to let out and shook his outstretched head.

"Call me Richard please." He said firmly and I didn't dare argue.

"Welcome to the family honey. From today this is your second family and Richard and I are your second parents. Now come and give me a hug." Bree said lovingly, standing up and opening her arms.

I turned to look at Vincent and he nodded his head. "Go on."

I stood up and went around the table to where Bree was standing and I hesitated for a second or two before hugging her.

And it was amazing. She was so gentle and warm. She smelt really nice and I felt safe in her arms. I didn't want to ever let go. After a few minutes she whispered something in my ear.

"I know that I told you to call me Bree, but when ever you want you can call me mum okay." She said close to my ear and I promise those were the best words I've heard in a long time. And with that came the tears that wanted to fall from the moment I entered this room. First out of nervousness but now out of pure happiness. I pulled away to wipe my face and was suddenly pulled into a tight hug by Richard.

"I'm sorry I said all that about you son." He apologized hugging me firmly before releasing me.

I shook my head stepping back. "Please don't apologize Sir, you have every right."

He smiled at me and sat back down and I turned to walk back to my seat when I bumped into Steven and Jamie who had stood up from their seats.

"What about us?" Jamie asked and I lifted my eyebrows in question.

"Sorry?"

"Don't we get a hug?" This time it was Steven who spoke and before I could reply I was squashed in the middle of the two brothers who didn't leave any room to breath.

"Vincent help." I croaked trying to break free and gasping as they tightened their hold.

My apparent boyfriend and his parents laughed which caused the two college boys to do the same and I took that as an opportunity to push their hands off and get out.

I was immediately hauled into the arms of the boy I fancy and his stupid irresistible pout returned to his pink lips.

"This my dear family is how I get to embrace Brian." He announced and smashed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes melting into his affection and placing my hands into the back pockets of his pants pulling him close. When he tried to part my lips I pulled back and he protested pulling me back. I playfully punched his arm much like how I did up in his room and he pulled away to rub the spot. "You see dad, you said he's the perfect boyfriend and I must not hurt him but he's the one abusing me. I have the bruises to prove it. And he thinks by saying three magical words I'll forgive him but he's wrong."

"You're an ass." I joked and he glared at me.

"Touché." His brothers chorused much to his displeasure.

"I don't want him anymore. Who ever wants him can have him." He said and I fake gasped crossing my arms.

"Fine. Tyler fancies me quite a bit so I'll just date him. You know he even made a move on me once and he's not bad looking he's actually..." I was yanked into his tight grip and I stopped talking to chuckle at the look on his face.

"Finish that and I'll feed your chopped up limbs to my dog." He threatened.

My eyes lit up at that. "You have a dog?"

"Yeah I do. You have to meet him you'll just love.. Hey don't try and change the subject. You're going to date me and no one else you hear me?"

"Yes boss." I agreed.

"If you boys have finished locking horns with each other can we please eat before our dinner gets any more cold." Vincent's mum said and we nodded taking our seats and enjoying a delicious dinner while the Stones questioned me on everything.

After dinner Vincent and I ran up to his room to escape his parents cooing over us and decided to play some video games. Although with him looking at my lips every five seconds I'm pretty sure video games was not on his mind.

"I can only stay for one more hour before I have to go home." I informed Vincent who stopped selecting a game and turned to face me with a scowl. "Don't give me that look. If we want to meet my dads on Saturday and bury the hatchet once and for all then I need to start buttering them up from now. I told them I'll be home by ten tonight so I will."

"Fine but then let's forget playing games and make out for an hour." He suggested as if the thought had only just crossed his mind.

"Oh I don't know. I really want to play." I joked watching as his scowl deepened. "I'm not really in the mood for kissing. I mean I understand that you love it but my lips need a break once in a while you know." It was taking everything in me not to laugh.

"But..." He seemed to be completely out of it not knowing at all what to do or say.

I decided to mess with him just a little more. "My nana always told me 'Brian honey if you do too much of something that you enjoy then the value of it goes away.' I guess this is what she meant. Don't you agree with her?"

"Yeah Fine, whatever. Like I care. We don't have to kiss. You can rest your lips or whatever shit." He mumbled going back to his game.

I crawled over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck placing a soft kiss below his ear. "I was kidding Vince. I love kissing you. If I could I would never stop for even a second. Why do you get so serious about everything?"

"Hunter told me the same thing, that I get serious about silly things but I just.." He breathed in running his hand through his hair.

"You're doing it again." I told him and he turned to look at me.

"Doing what?" He asked and I huffed.

"Pulling the 'I don't deserve you' act on me again." I noted and it was his turn to huff.

"It's not an act. I seriously don't deserve you."

"And why is that?" I asked, sitting in his lap.

"Because Brian I've hurt you so much. And not just physically. I'm nothing but mean and heartless. I don't know why you love me. I mean you have a heart of gold. There are so many better guys that are worthy of your love. Why settle for someone who doesn't even consider the feelings of others. I know that even though they consider me their hero, a title that rightfully belongs to you, they all wish that I could be less of an asshole and be more kind and friendly and caring. But I can't be more caring, I can't be more kind because it's not who I am and because of that I'm not able to fall in love with you. I'm not able to fully accept you because my heart is made of stone that will never melt." He stopped talking, and the look in his eyes broke my heart. "I've forced you into this relationship Brian. I didn't even ask you to be my boyfriend I just cornered you in an empty classroom and told you that we're together. Who does that? Only someone as..."

"So do it." I cut in, halting him from saying anything else.

"Huh?" Came his intelligent reply.

"Ask me." I said in an obvious tone.

Realization dawned on him and he sighed in frustration. "Have you not been listening. I don't deserve you. I am not right for you. You need someone better who will love you completely and be able to express their feelings. Someone who will be worthy of your kisses and your body and won't just consider it as their property that they can kiss and hold any time they want. I know that my family has already accepted you and they really like you but don't worry about them. They'll understand. I'll make them understand. And don't worry about me, I'll--" he paused and I was about to talk when he spoke again. "But I'll still come with you on Saturday to speak to your parents and tell them what a great son they have. I won't let you down."

"Are you done?" I asked, keeping my face neutral.

"Uh well I guess." He answered, his right brow creasing.

"Now I don't want to hear a word until I'm done." He nodded and I went on.

He was feeling insecure and I hated it. "Vincent listen to me. You are not a bad person. You're amazing. The way you care for all the kids in school, how amazing you are with your friends. And Hunter, I mean no one could have done what you do for him and you don't even ask for anything in return. I hate it when you say that you don't deserve me or anyone because you do. You deserve all the happiness in the world. You need to stop doubting our relationship. And you need to stop thinking that I don't want to kiss you or even be with you because you're not going to get rid of me that fast. I'm onto you. I told you that I love you. Guys don't use such a big word if they don't mean it." I told him and he just looked down pulling away from me. "I think you've got it mixed up. I don't deserve someone as great as you. We don't deserve each other, which gives us all the more reason to be together."

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused.

"Because we feel that we're not worthy of each other, we will work more hard in making this relationship work and become more deserving of one another. We will put our heart and soul into our relationship and give it our best. And tell me Vincent if you could with so much determination put your heart and soul into looking after Hunter then what's stopping you from doing the same for me. For us."

He's eyes cast down and fixed itself on his soft black carpet. He only took it in for a few seconds before he was back to looking at me and in that handful of seconds the look in his chocolate brown eyes turned from unsure to full-on determination. He pulled me close to him and held my cheeks in his rough yet gentle hands.

"You're right. My behaviour is ridiculous. There's no need to jump the gun. I can't say that this relationship is not going to work because of my negative mind set. I need to stop thinking that I'm not worthy of you and start thinking of all the reasons why I want to be with you. But before that there is something that needs to be done." He said and sat up pulling me to my knees in front of him.

"And what's that?" I asked, my smile growing.

He took my hands in his and cleared his throat. He was about to speak but stopped himself to look out his window at the rain that started to fall after thunder roared through the night sky. He stood up and ran to his closet, exiting a minute later with two jackets. He threw one to me and pulled on the other one.

"Put it on." He told me when he was done zipping up his.

I didn't question him as I pulled mine on and zipped it up as well. He took my hand and started leading me to his door opening it. "Where are we going?" I finally asked as we left his room.

"To make this perfect." Was all he said and after a few minutes of going down the stairs and through the house we were standing on his front lawn, rain completely drenching us.

"Vincent why are we in the rain?" I shouted over the thunder and he pulled me close.

"I promise never to hit you again. I promise never to say I'm undeserving of you. I promise to always take care of you and never let anyone harm you. I promise to put my everything into this relationship and make it work. Brian will you be my boyfriend?" His amazing voice could be heard over all the noise coming from above and I was left starring in his eager eyes not able to respond.

Another roar from the sky snapped me out of my trance and I brought me hand up to cover my gasp. "Yes Vincent." His whole face lit up at my response. "I have a condition though." I added and the fuse on his face blew.

"What condition?" He gulped.

"When I meet your dog I can love him just as much as I love you." I affirmed and the invisible electrician that had been working on fixing the blown fuse did his job and Vince once again sparkled with happiness.

"With pleasure." My official boyfriend smiled pulling me even closer.

"I love you." I proclaimed.

"Good because if you didn't I'd have had my whole neighborhood gang up on you." He threatened emanating chuckles from me.

He laughed a hearty laugh and just when I thought this moment couldn't get any more perfect, he kissed me in the rain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.5K 3.8K 81
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
298K 8.2K 137
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
38.4K 2.5K 61
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
36.2K 2K 32
Come and join the family of Kim. See how the Kim family spends the day, including the cool Dada Jin, strict Appa Joon, calm yoongi, overactive hobi...