Last Year Troubles

By pointlesstests

Starts off after the war, and students are returning to Hogwarts. How will our heros and villians cope with t... More

Dinner with the Family
Awkward Morning and Awkward Classes
Drinking Games and Being Exposed.
The Next Morning
The Daily Prophet and Insults
Family Dinner and An Invitation
A Christmas Dinner with the Malfoys
Christmas Day and A Ring
School Duel and Swimming
Duel for Victory
The Next Morning
Quiet Classes and Minerva's Intrusion
The New Daily Prophet and A Full Moon
Animagus
We Need to Tell Mum and The Ministry
Full Moon
Tricky Bathroom Time
What the Fuck are You
DADA
Going Home
Busy Day
Working Day
Work
Last day and A House Warming Party
UPDATE
Interview, Meetings, and Accidental Magic
Opening Day and A Surprise
Going to Work
Wedding Plans
Birthday and Negotiations
Waking Up
UPDATE: ONLY ONE OR TWO CHAPTER LEFT
Wedding
15 Years Later...

Train Ride to Hogwarts

33.5K 1K 2.5K
By pointlesstests

I have a really good feeling about this story. I think its gonna be cool.
btw come someone draw the scene in the train. I really want to see how draco looked, and I cant draw for shit.

~Alex

"I'm going to miss you so much!" Molly exclaimed over the crowds of people. She kissed and hugged Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Ginny goodbye. They left their trunk and animal cages with everyone else's, and boarded the train. Ginny broke off to find her other friends. The trio looked around, trying to find an empty compartment. Once they found one, they placed their smaller bags on the overhang, and sat down.

Soon the train was moving. Destination; Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The trio were talking, when they saw a cloaked figure pass by their door.

"That's pretty odd. Who would wear a cloak on the train?" Ron thought aloud. Harry just hummed in response. It looked just like Draco's from the book store. They turned their focus away when they saw the cloaked figure, come back to their door. He lifted his face up, and knocked on the glass door.

They all looked at each other. Harry got up and opened the door. He then realized it was Draco.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but would you mind it if I sat with you. No one else will let me." Draco whispered. Harry nodded.

"Um sure, come in." Harry said. Draco went to the corner closest to the door, and sat down. Harry closed the door, and sat down next to him.

Draco pulled his hood back, and untied it from his neck. He placed it on the ground in a pile next to him.

"Thank you." Draco said meekly. Hermione and Ron were very surprised at how Draco was acting. The three also noticed that he had a cut on his face, and some bruising around it. They also noticed his new haircut, and different 'style' of clothing. He wore a comfortably loose black long sleeve shirt, and grey sweatpants. He took his shoes off, and pulled his legs up to criss-cross. He then took a book out, and started to read, as to not disturb the others.

Everyone was really quiet, in awkward silence. Harry stood up, and reached for his small bag in the carry on. He pulled it down, and looked through it. He pulled out a book labeled, Healing for Beginners.

He looked through the pages until he found what he wanted.

"Malfoy. Can you look at me?" Harry asked. Draco got very nervous, but he put his book down, and looked at him. He flinched with surprise when he saw Harry's wand aimed at him.

"Don't worry, I'm just going to fix that cut." Harry assured Draco. Draco nodded his head, and stayed still.

"Episkey!" Harry casted. The spell landed on Draco's face, and the wound started to mend together in seconds.

Draco lifted his hand to touch his cheek, and was relieved when the cut was gone.

"Thank you again." Draco thanked. He continued to read his book. Harry put his book away, and placed his bag back on the overhang.

The rest of the train ride home was exceptionally boring after that. Everyone mostly read, or had a couple short conversations. Along the ride, Hermione left so everyone could get dressed into their robes. Draco didn't speak for the remainder of the trip.

When the train stopped, the trio gathered their things, and got ready to leave the train. Draco got his things ready, but remained seated. The others were leaving the compartment, but Harry waited a moment.

"Aren't you coming?" Harry asked. Puzzled at why Draco wasn't walking out of the compartment.

Draco twiddled his thumbs. "I think I'll just wait for the train to become less crowded, and then leave." Draco answered. Hermione and Ron stood there.

"We've got to go, Harry." Hermione insisted. Harry looked back to them.

"You guys go on ahead. I'll catch up with you." Harry smiled. Hermione and Ron were hesitant, but they nodded, and left with the crowd. Harry sat back down in the compartment, across from Draco.

Draco sat there wearing his Slytherin robes, and Harry in his Gryffindor robes.

"I'll walk with you to get a carriage." Harry said. He made eye contact with him. Draco gave him a thankful smile in response.  

Once the majority of the students left, Harry and Draco exited the train together. They found a carriage, but it was occupied by Luna Lovegood.

"Don't be shy. There's plenty of room." Luna said in her ever dreamy voice. She took some new colorful glasses out, and put them on. Harry and Draco stepped onto the carriage, and away it went. Harry watched the Thestrals joints move about. It caught the attention of Draco.

"What is that?" Draco asked, looking at the Thestral. Luna and Harry looked at him.

"Those are Thestrals. Every carriage is pulled by them, but not everyone can see them." Luna said casually.

Harry straightened his back. "Yeah. You can only see them if you've seen someone die, and remembered it. Most of the students should be able to see them, sadly." Harry added. He dazed off, looking at the Thestral.

Luna's glasses started to blink lights. "Both of your heads are filled with Shallons. Are you worried about something?" Luna asked. Harry laughed a little.

"I'm always worried." Was all Harry had to say. Draco nodded his head to that.

The rest of the carriage ride to the castle was quiet in comfortable silence.

When they got there, they noticed that just about everyone was congregated outside in the courtyard. The three exited the carriage, and focused their attention on Minerva, who seemed to be gathering everyone.

"Thank you all for staying out here. I just have a couple new announcement before you walk in. We had to remodel 76% of the school, so there has been some changed. The dungeons have become flooded, so we created a new tower for Slytherin, in the east wing. A lot of the classrooms have been relocated, so there are signs all around the school to help you get where you need to go. Also, as the new headmaster, I have gotten rid of the four tables in the dinning hall to create more unity, and I have instead added circular tables. There's a limit of 8-9 people per table. And while I have you here, let me remind you that Forbidden Forest is forbidden, and anyone walking about after hours will get points deducted, and detention. You are now dismissed to the Dinning Hall." Minerva concluded. She moved out of the way, to let the crowd of students walk in. It took a moment, but everyone realized the Dining Hall was still in the same location, and they all made their way there.

"Let's go." Harry said. Harry, Draco, and Luna lagged behind the group, and were one of the last people to enter the dinning hall. Most of everyone had found their group of friends, and took a seat at a table.

"Harry! Over here!" Ron shouted. Harry heard him, and followed his voice to a table in the corner. Harry started to walk over to them. So far only Hermione, and Ron were there.

He looked back, and noticed Luna and Draco seemed a little lost. Harry turned back to the two.

"If you want to sit with us, you're more than welcomed. There's enough room." Harry said.

"Okay." Luna said happily. She started to follow Harry.

"Are you sure the other's wouldn't mind?" Draco asked timidly. Harry turned back, and smiled at him.

"You'll be fine." Harry said. It wasn't very reassuring to Draco, but he followed anyways. The three sat down at the table. By then, Neville had joined them. Harry sat down, then Draco sat to his right, and Luna to his left. Neville sat next to Luna, and Hermione was next to Draco. Ron was in between Neville and Hermione.

Harry's back faced the middle of the room, while Ron faced the room. As soon as everyone sat down, the food appeared before them. Ron immediately dove in.

"Eat slower, and chew your food. You're going to choke at that rate." Hermione scolded.

Harry laughed at their antics, and he went to pick up the plate of turkey. Funny enough, Draco had also reached for it at the same time. Draco blushed, and muttered an apology.

"It's alright. Here." Harry said. He used the tongs to pick up three slices of turkey, and he placed them on Draco's plate. He then placed three slices on his own plate, and set the turkey down.

"Thanks again." Draco said. The two started to eat. Luna took her glasses off, and set them down.

"Do you think your mother is a good influence?" Luna asked randomly. Draco took a bit of salad and placed it on his plate.

"I'd like to think so, yeah." Draco answered. He was getting a little nervous. He hoped she meant it in a good way, and not a condescending way.

"That's good. Harry thinks so as well." Luna added in a dreamy voice. She just continued to place food on her plate.

"Really? You think so?" Draco said. He looked to Harry. He just shrugged.

"What can I say. I admire her." Harry said. Draco just nodded in response.

"What have you been up to, Luna? Is your father continuing with the Quibbler?" Neville asked. Luna shook her head enthusiastically.

"He finally started to write again. Once I graduate, I'm going to work with him on it." Luna said happily.

"Malfoy, what are you going to do when you get out of school?" Hermione asked.

Draco wiped his mouth before speaking. "Maybe work in an ingredients garden for potions. Or maybe become a potions master." Draco answered. "What about you?"

"I was going to continue my Arithmancy lessons, and try to become a Curse-Breaker." Hermione answered simply. She always did have high expectations for herself.

The rest of dinner was filled with light chatter, and a little banter between Ron and Luna. Draco even added a couple things here and there. Once Minerva saw that everyone had finished, the food and dishes disappeared from the table.

Minerva rose up from her chair, and caught the room's attention, once more.

"It almost slipped my mind to tell you. The people who are here to finish their 7th year have a special temporary area of the castle that contains their dorms. There will be two students per room. Boys with boys, girls with girls. Whenever you found your room, just ring the bell on the dresser, and the house elves will bring your luggage. You are dismissed." Minerva concluded. Everyone left the dinning hall to find their towers and dorms.

The group of 7th years followed the signs placed on walls. Soon everyone got to the designated area.

They looked around, and noticed that not a lot of students decided to come back. Draco noticed that the majority of the 7th years comprised of red, blue, and yellow robes. There were only a couple Slytherin students here and there.

The area was a large space. There was a common room in the middle, and surrounding the common room were many doors. Behind the doors were the rooms.

The group split up, and tried to find a room that didn't already have occupants. Draco looked around, and didn't notice any other people he knew that liked him. He noticed more stink eyes, than any.

Harry noticed Draco's distress, and placed an hand on his shoulder.

"You can room with me if you like?" Harry offered. Draco smiled, and nodded. They found an empty room, and pressed the bell. A couple moments later, their luggage appeared at the foot of their beds. Ron walked into the room.

"Oh. There you are, mate. I was looking for you." Ron said. He looked around the room, and noticed their bags were already ready.

"Never mind mate. I think I'll try to find Neville. Later." Ron said. He left the room, and closed the door. Harry and Draco started to unpack everything. Draco ventured around, and opened another door that was in the room. It lead to a double bathroom, with two showers, two sinks, and one toilet.

"At least we don't have to walk through the common room to get a shower." Draco commented. Harry giggled at that.

"Hey Potter. There's been something bugging me. Why are you being so nice to me? All I've ever done to you was be horrible and make fun of you and your friends." Draco said. Harry stopped packing, and smiled at Draco.

"I didn't expect you to apologize to me, yet you did. And you even hugged me. The other Malfoy I knew before now would never do that. You changed. I noticed how scared you were to come back. I also think you've been getting into trouble. Something told me to help you out. So here I am." Harry said.

Draco kind of just stood there. "Thank you for giving me another chance." Draco thanked.

"No problem, Malfoy." Harry said.

"Call me Draco." Draco said. He just hated being called a Malfoy now a days. Harry nodded.

The two finished unpacking, and took a shower. When they were done, Harry dressed into pajamas, and walked out to sit in the common room with Hermione and Ron. Draco just stayed in bed, and read a book.

"Harry. Over here." Hermione called. She flagged him down to a seat next to her and Ron.

Harry sat down, and made himself comfy.

"Spill your guts, Harry. Why are you acting so buddy-buddy with Malfoy?" Ron accused.

"Yeah. I mean it's great and all that you're getting along with him, but why now?" Hermione asked. Her voice a lot more calmer than Ron's. Harry sighed.

"I don't know. I mean he apologized to me. Sincerely if I may add. And obviously he's getting punched by some of the other students. The cut was made by someone that punched him while wearing a ring. I felt like I needed to comfort him a little. He almost had a panic attack just trying to find a room with someone." Harry explained. Hermione nodded her head. Ron wasn't satisfied.

"Ok I get it, but do you have to room with him. He could've gone with Neville. I know Neville wouldn't mind. It's almost as if you like the bloke." Ron said. He calmed down a little. Thankfully for Harry, the lighting was too dark for the others to see Harry's face. He had a deep blush. When Ron mentioned him liking Draco, he just started to imagine his face.

'Now that I think about it, he does have pretty eyes.' Harry thought. 'And his new haircut suits him well. He looks like a hipster.' Harry shook his face a little, and concentrated.

'You do not think his eyes are pretty. They're grey. Grey is boring. Yeah.' Harry tried to convince himself. Although he still secretly thought his eyes were gorgeous.

Draco sat in bed, reading a book. Although he was having a hard time concentrating.

"Why does he have to be so damn nice?" Draco said to himself quietly. "And the nerve he has to keep eye contact with me and smile. Damn perfect teeth, perfect eyes, perfect lips-." Draco stopped abruptly. His face flushed, and he covered his face with his book in shame.

'No.' He thought. 'He's just plain and normal. He's not perfect. He's just ordinary. Ordinary eyes, Ordinary smile. Ordinary lips. All ordinary.' He thought to himself.

Just then, Harry walked into the room, and sat down on his bed. He got into his bed, pulled the covers over him, turned his light off, and placed his glasses on the nightstand. Draco followed, marking his place in his book, laying it on the stand, and turning the light off. He pulled the covers over, and rolled onto his left side. Unfortunately, Harry is very used to sleeping on his right side, so the two faced each other. There was just enough light from the moon shining through the window, that they could see each other.

"Goodnight Harry." Draco said meekly. He turned onto his other side to face away from Harry. He started to close his eyes when he heard Harry.

"Goodnight Draco." Harry said back. Draco smiled to himself.

The two fell asleep somewhat soon after.

yoyoyo I made this chapter softly gay. the gayness will intensify, so keep reading.

~Alex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 1.3K 19
[takes place after the war] Students at Hogwarts have been given the chance to redo their seventh year at Hogwarts after the war, among them is Harry...
37.7K 362 20
It's been one year and three months since the second wizarding war and no one knows the whereabouts of Harry Potter, the hero of it all. What will h...
318 22 16
With everyone returning to Hogwarts for their final year after war, things start changing. (I'm bad at this so..)
126K 3.1K 9
What will happen when Granger and Malfoy are paired together in their final year. Head Boy and Head Girl. How will they cope?