Too Good ~ Klay Thompson

Por aria_bwrites

"I don't know how to talk to you I just know I found myself getting lost with you..." Natalie Vasquez and Kho... Más

Prologue:
Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 5
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 8
Chapter: 9
Chapter: 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 19
Chapter: 20
Chapter: 21
Chapter: 22
Chapter: 23
Chapter: 24
Chapter: 25
Chapter: 26
Chapter: 27
Chapter: 28
Chapter: 29
Chapter: 30
Chapter: 31
Chapter: 32
Chapter: 33
Chapter: 34
A/N
Chapter: 35
Chapter: 36
Chapter: 37
Chapter: 39
Chapter: 40
Cast:
Chapter: 41
Chapter: 42
Chapter: 43
Chapter: 44
Chapter: 45
Chapter:46
Chapter: 47
Chapter: 48
Chapter: 49
Chapter: 50
Chapter: 51
Chapter: 52
Chapter: 53
Chapter: 54
Chapter: 55
Chapter: 56
Chapter: 57
Chapter: 58
Chapter: 59
Chapter: 60
Chapter: 61
Chapter: 62
Chapter: ⚠️
Chapter: 63
Chapter: 64
Chapter: 65
Chapter: 66
Chapter: 67
Chapter: 68
Chapter: 69
Chapter: 70
Chapter: 71

Chapter: 38

5.1K 86 7
Por aria_bwrites

-"I finally understand what people meant when they said home isn't a place it's a person..."

The second Natalie stepped out of the plane, she was thrown back into reality. Meaning that Klay was back on the road now, winning more games, the store was opening in less than a week just in time for Christmas. But as a couple they did manage to do get some things right as the holiday season was passing through with no time to spare.

She was proud to announce that Klay and her survived their first Thanksgiving together as a couple, crashing last minute at the Curry's place. Due to the hectic holiday schedule, Natalie decided to stay in the Bay Area for the giving holiday. She will admit that it was weird not being with her family on Thanksgiving but being the supporting girlfriend, Natalie stayed behind and cheered on her man. Both of them extremely grateful for having Ayesha and Stephen welcome them with open arms since Klay's parents went on a surprise vacation, all apart of Klay's thank you gift to them. Although they did had to convince Klay's mom to take the trip and not worry about missing Thanksgiving. His dad though was excited to go back to his native Bahamas, even if it was just four days. One person that was over joyed  with their appearance on thanksgiving was Riley, never letting Klay or Natalie out of her sight and it also did melt Nat's heart watching him play with her while the rest of the women cooked. But of course being in Ayesha's house, no one but her really cooked so they were mostly gossiping in the kitchen as the men called it.

Over all Thanksgiving was a success, as Natalie sat at the large table in the Curry household looking around at the people who welcomed not only her but Klay with some much love, gave Natalie enough reason to feel blessed especially when she turn to her right and saw Klay stuffing his mouth with Ayesha's homemade mac and cheese already making a mess than the two small girls eating at the kids table boy was she blessed.

But it was at night when they went to bed, Rocco laying between their feet when Klay pulled her closer to his side and whispered, "Falling in love with you is the second best thing in the world because finding you was the first. So thank you for loving me back Natalie."

That's when she felt blessed without words, she couldn't ask for a better way to spend Thanksgiving than being with the man that always knew what to say and make her feel like she's got a school crush all over again.

She felt right at home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natalie sighed as she continued to look at the different racks of dresses for the store opening tomorrow. 2 weeks before Christmas was going to be a busy time at the store but everyone was prepared and finally after all the planning they were officially ready to open to the public. It has been a long road and both girls were excited to begin this journey after all the hard work that was put into this project.

Ayesha's laughter could be heard from the dressing rooms, as a gift for being such a great friend Natalie surprised her with exclusive never before seen dresses that was design just for the store opening.

Khloe was currently helping Ayesha with picking the right dress for the opening night although they both assured her that she could take as many dresses home as she would like.

Cutting her away from her daydream, Ayesha walked out the dressing room with a classy white dress that complimented her tan skin. A smiling Khloe following right behind, a couple of few rejected dresses in her hand.

Walking to the heels section, Nat picked out a pair nude sandal heels and passed them to Ayesha with a smile on her face. Looking at the huge body mirror that stood in front of them, all mentally agreeing that this was the dress for tomorrow's event.

Clapping her hands excitedly Ayesha squealed, "I love it, I'm so excited. I honestly can't wait for tomorrow!"

Natalie bit down on her lip, "It's all coming together."  She kept her eyes on the dress that Ayesha picked. Her mind going in different direction, double checking everything on her list for tomorrow night.

The most important thing on her list was already dealt with, which was her dress. She had it ready for days now, Khloe followed up by buying hers while she was on a quick trip to New York. The pressure was on to look as best as possible with the amount of media that was going to cover the grand opening of their store.

Ayesha came back from the dressing room, fully dressed in her normal everyday clothes with a glass of champagne in her hand.

"How are you two spending the night before the big day?" All three girls now sitting in the front of the store where the resting area was located. It was empty due to the workers being on a lunch break giving the trio some time to gossip as they as did when they were together.

Khloe shrugged her shoulder, sipping her drink before speaking. "I guess I kinda have a date tonight."

Both Natalie and Ayesha suddenly sat up their chairs, both surprised of the words coming out of Khloe's mouth.

"Woah , woah date? As in a guy is taking you out tonight?" Ayesha bright eyes wide with curiosity, tilting her head to the side.

It was suddenly quiet, waiting for Khloe to explain her sudden urge to go on dates.

"It's not a date. He's just a guy I met while I was in New York, and he happens to be in the Bay Area tonight... so I'm showing him around." Natalie's eyebrows raised at her blonde best friend, clearly amused at Khloe's way of distraction for the night. Julian was back in LA for now and Khloe was taking every advantage she had as a way to get back to herself before the drama started. A truce had been set between them ever since that night something Khloe was relieved about, she just wanted to get back to the good times.

"Is he going to be your date for tomorrow?" Natalie held back a grinned as Ayesha wriggled her eyebrows at the glaring blonde. A small laughter escaped both girls lips, enjoying the fact that Khloe was uncomfortable with the question.

"No.. Nothing's going to happen and nothing will happen." A sense of deja Vu hit Natalie as those words flowed out of Khloe's mouth. It seemed like so long ago when she herself said those exact words about Klay. And now look at them 6 months together and she was clearly wrong about everything.

Ayesha looked at the time on her watch, slightly gasping at how much the time went by. Standing up, "Well while you're going out tonight, I have two spoiled little girls to entertain while their father arrives."

The guys were on the road this past week, having games on the East coast. And of course winning most of them. They were currently on their way back home, much to Natalie's delight. She knew that they would spend tonight at home while the rest of the team except the Curry family celebrated their big win at their usual place in the club.

And with a hug and a kiss goodbye all three girls went their separate ways, Natalie leaving last giving the place one last look, imagining how tomorrow was going to be like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rocco laid on Natalie's feet giving her the needed warmth as they cuddled up on her couch. She sighed quietly, her eyes fixed on the tv, watching a rerun of the Kardashian show. It was the only noise in her apartment since Khloe had left for her "Non-date" , as she called it, a while ago.

Every time Klay leaves for away games, Rocco stays with her than his usual stay with Mychal. It gave Natalie a chance to have company, giving Klay some comfort knowing his best friend was taking care of his best girl.

The peaceful noise was interrupted by the door opening and Rocco jumping up in defense but quickly regaining his posture once he realize it was his owner. A bark and laugh was heard was the doorway, bringing a smile to Nat's face as she got up from the couch.

Once seeing her the 6'7 basketball player quickly took her in his arms, resting his chin on the top of her head. Lately he has noticed that being on the road has been tough for him knowing that she was alone back home. He has recently confined in Steph about it knowing he had it twice as hard with the girls but Steph reassured him about looking into the positive aspects. Like how he's been coming home to a house filled with love instead of it being cold and lonely like it was before he met her. And it wasn't just Natalie bring light into his life, Klay found himself receiving texts from her mom after every game congratulating him. He was used to his parents texts but somehow he grinned real hard when those texts come through.

Klay placed the clean plate of delicious food that Natalie cooked for him, reaching over to place her feet over his lap. Messaging the pad of her feet, earning a soft moan from her.

"Don't stress Natalie. Everything's going to go well tomorrow." Klay smiled softly, tonight consisted of cuddling on the couch with Rocco softly snoring next to them on the ground. They both decided to stay home, which Klay was glad.

Pressing a kiss on her forehead, Natalie rolled her eyes, " Coming from the guy who freaks out before every game day."

Klay faked a shocked look on his face, placing a hand on his chest, " Baby don't compare yourself to me" He smirked leaning closer to her face, "If you haven't heard, I'm a legend on the court."

A snort came of Nat's nose, punching his arm as well. "Don't be a smartass."

Klay laughed silently to himself, he of course thought it was the cutest thing ever to see her try and hurt him. He shook his head, taking his fingers through her soft hair.

"No but really babe I'm proud of you"  Natalie leaned up pressing her lips to his. A silent thank you that made his heart melt. He's seen her and Khloe stress about the store for the past 5 months and he's glad that all their effort was finally going to be seen by everyone else. He no doubt knew that the store would be a huge success. Though a thought has been lingering in his mind all day on his way back home. Klay wasn't dumb, he knew once the store opened successfully Natalie and Khloe would go back to LA where they actually live. And Klay didn't want to admit it but he was getting used to coming home to her waiting on him. But his mind also went back to promising her father that her career came before anything. And Klay wasn't going to allow Natalie to ditch her growing business to stay here with him. He had to be supportive like she was with him at every game.

After a long silence Klay spoke up, " I gotta get Rocco to the groomers tomorrow morning. He gotta look he's best for all those cameras."

Natalie rolled her eye, "Babe Rocco is not going to the opening tomorrow. We already talked about this."

"But baby.." Klay whined, leaning down grabbing Rocco's face putting it next to him giving the puppy dog face. The dog licked his owners face making Klay scrunch up his nose in a cute way. But she wasn't up to bring Rocco to her newly cleaned store where he can go to the bathroom anywhere he pleased. She knew that Klay wasn't going to clean after Rocco. Resisting every urge to say yes, Nat bit down on her lip and shook her head no firmly.

Groaning to himself Klay rubbed Rocco's head, whispering to his best friend, "See buddy, you love mommy more than me but she doesn't even want you to go. Let's rethink about who's your favorite parent now"

Throwing a pillow from the couch towards Klay hitting him straight on the center of his face, "I heard that asshole."

A hard laugh could be hear all over the apartment, a stupid grin formed on her face as she picked up his dirty plate walking towards the kitchen leaving behind Klay's teasing along with Rocco's happy bark.

But believe it or not, she loved staying in with her boys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun shined through the window hitting him on the face. Klay shifted in his sleep, his hand trailing up Natalie's thigh to her butt. He smiled as her usual scent filled his nose, leaning his head towards her placing a small kiss on her forehead.

"Baby, did we fall asleep watching the movie?" His deep voice filled her ears, and stomach suddenly filled with butterflies.

Natalie groaned, placing her head in between his neck and shoulder.

"You could've woken me up last night so you didn't have to sleep here with me ."

Natalie hummed in response, silently drifting back to sleep. With Klay running his hand up and down her back it was really easy. Last night they stayed in the living room watching movies, but of course Klay fell asleep first due to being tired from traveling all week. Nat didn't have the heart to wake him up so she risked having a bad neck and cuddled up to him falling right asleep next to him. 

A loud knock on the the door disturbed the sleepy couple, but neither of them made any movements of getting up. Finally the bedroom door opened, a slightly bothered looking Khloe made her way towards the front door. Right when she opened the door Mario, their hair and makeup artist, and Cheyanne, their assistant, pushed right through moving Khloe aside.

Clapping his hands together, "Alright love birds, lets get it moving. Scott's already on my ass about the girls being on time."

All three of them groaned as Mario made it his mission to get them each in the shower, even if Klay and Natalie had to share one.

"And no quickie while you're in there Thompson, we don't have time for that"

"There's always time for a quickie Mario." Klay winked at the makeup artist but was caught off guard by Natalie slapping him on the back of the head as she walked by. A laugh came out of Cheyanne who was usually quiet around the group of friends.

"Not for you there isn't." Klay stuck his middle finger out, glaring at him as he turned and followed his girlfriend to the master bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klay proudly stood beside Steph and Ayesha along with the rest of his team who showed to to support his girlfriend as well as Khloe. They all watched as both girls cut through a big ribbon with Scott by their side, a big grin on his face. Dozen of flashes from the camera were snapping away, Klay managed to keep out and stay on the sideline. He wanted tonight to be all about how hard the girls worked on, not on his relationship with Natalie.

Everyone cheered when the doors opened, leading the crowd inside. The place inside looked amazing, and Natalie looked even more breathtaking her arms filled with roses he surprised her with.

Her parents couldn't make it to see the store open but they did send someone to take their place. Klay watched as tears filled both Natalie's and Khloe's when they saw that person. A tall younger version of Julian held both girls close to him and Klay realized that it was Nat's youngest brother.

Klay's parents also sent a special gift since they had a last minute trip to visit Klay's grandparents. He sent her a quick smile when she locked eyes with him as she held the engraved necklace in her hand.

The entire night he didn't mind that everyone wanted Natalie's attention. Asking for pictures, wanting to talk to her about the designs, to interview with the different media outlets that were there. He gladly stood aside, being the proud boyfriend he was. But to his surprise, Khloe was leaning against a man he never met before but when he raised his eyebrows at the blonde, she simply waved him off.

It wasn't until later in the night, Natalie came by the group of guys he was hanging with and pulled Klay away to the photo booth. Inside Nat sat on his lap and posed for the four pictures, where they also projected on the big screen, so others can see the different pictures throughout the night. Giving him a kiss on the lips, a flash separated the couple as they leaned their forehead together.

He wasn't big on taking photobooth pictures for everyone to see but for his girl he would travel to the moon and back if she wanted too.

All she had to do was ask.

A/N: Merry Christmas Eve & Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate it!
Thank you for taking the time to read this chapter❤️ I'm forever grateful.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

46K 1.4K 55
Cover by: @itsmari-a (THIS STORY IS HELLA FETUS, it was my first story so excuse the mistakes & grammar. I'll fix them later on.) Tae And Destiny ha...
34.9K 829 21
A secret from Lauren Hill-Thompson's past comes back to her at an unexpected time. Relationships and trust will be put to the test. But wait, you did...
6.6K 85 21
Angeline Beaufort and Klay Thompson dated when they were young, but Angeline had to return to her hometown, Paris, so the two broke up. Now she wen...
78.2K 1.5K 108
Kaylee Vega, a girl you once had it all, but lost it in a blink of an eye. That's what changed her. One of Kaylee's dearest friend, Crystal new exact...