PeridotxMale Gem reader ( Def...

By XiaoShiao

Topaz is an irregular gem, made in the natural way that a gem is created on Earth but the process is unfamili... More

Author's Note
Chapter 2 ( Gem mine)
Chapter 3 ( Spoils of war)
Chapter 4 ( Rock People)
Chapter 5 ( Things like me)
Chapter 6 ( Gempathy)
Chapter 7 ( Personality Pop)
Chapter 8 ( Concepts of sorry)
Chapter 9 ( One track heart)
Chapter 10 ( Percy and Pierre)
Chapter 11 ( Mars on Earth)
Chapter 12 ( Edge of the Universe)
Chapter 13 ( Peridaz)

Chapter 1 ( One Lone Peridot)

8.3K 118 8
By XiaoShiao

Peridot's P.O.V.

I was feeling rather questionable at the barn. Lapis took notice and asked me what's wrong without looking up from the magazine she was reading.

Peridot: Once again, my...stature has proved to get in the way of my effectiveness on missions.

Lapis: Are you still bummed about that gem monster  beating you up?

Peridot: It didn't beat me up. It surprised me is all. I still have lots of work to do to perfect my metal powers and I want to be able to help Steven when we are on dangerous missions. He helps me a lot so I want to repay the favor.

Lapis: Your over thinking it. I'm sure Steven will understand. Your still new to all of this....I know I am.

Peridot: Yes, your right but of course you always have great advice Lapis. I couldn't have asked for a better roommate.

Lapis, hummed at me in response, still indulged into that human magazine of hers.

Peridot: I never really had time to practice my abilities besides building but metal seems to be something I work with on a daily basis, I must master my metal powers, it's only practical.

I say before leaving the barn. Going towards the junk heap of metal in the back of the barn, I took a huge breathe and concentrated really hard. Putting y hands up in front of me, I strained to lift a metal bar. It wavered in the air shakily. It didn't get more than 5 feet in the air before plopping back into the ground. Perhaps that was too heavy to start with. I decided to go with something easier and as on the pounds and I improved and tried my hardest to pick up a metal blade instead. Given it was much lighter, it soared in the air much better since the blade acted as a propeller on the plane of the "Uncle Andy" character that came to visit us.

Though, perhaps I became overly excited at my progress and I hadn't even realized that I sent the blade flew towards the barn, putting a massive whole in the roof.

Lapis: Don't forget I'm in the barn.

I heard Lapis shout out to me.

 I sighed. Much practice is still need. Holding my head down, I perked up when I saw Steven running towards me.

Steven: Hey Peridot!

Steven said as he came closer to me

Steven: Where's Lapis?

Lapis: Right here.

Lapis said as she flew out of the newly created hole in the barn and landed next to us.

Steven: You know, you guys barely get to hang out with us and I know you can really be a big help on missions. I won't rush you but you can come along on some mission too if you want Lapis.

Lapis: Hmm, I'll think about it unless you need me too Steven.

Peridot: That....sounds wonderful.

 I say turning away from him.

Steven: Is something wrong Peridot.

Peridot: No, it's just that, perhaps I should go on solo missions.

Steven: What? Why?

Peridot: Just until I can perfect my powers, it's safer that way for the both of us.

Steven: But you can use your bots and stuff.

Peridot: Yeah but I wouldn't want to rely on them all the time, this would just be temporary until I become a better crystal gem.

Steven: I hope it isn't too long though, I like when we go on missions together. It's fun to see us working together. But there hasn't been a lot of gem activity lately. That's no fun.

Peridot: Hmm, perhaps I can build a device to seek out corrupt gems. It will make our work much easier.

Steven: That sounds cool. You should do whatever you feel you need to Peridot. However, I respect your decisions, just don't forget that you can always count on our help if you need.

Peridot: I'll keep that offer in mind.

Steven: It was nice catching up. I have to go now, Amethyst wants to see if people will give her freefood if she goes around shapeshifted as a poor lost puppy. Bye Lapis, bye Peridot!

Steven said as he waved us goodbye. He really does see the hope in me and yet sometimes that blinded even me. I turned around to begin working on my new device right away, however, I found my self tripping over something and fall face first into the ground as my ears flailed in a failed attempt to balance or catch myself.

I heard barks come up from behind and saw that our pumpkin pup was licking my face. He was such a fascinating creature regardless if he was a pumpkin. I still didn't understand human agriculture yet but it's another thing I'm still working on. Just as I was about to turn and go into the barn, I heard a distance sound that came from a location I could not pin point. It sounded like a distant explosion or the sound of something huge collapsing though the sound was severely muffled Lapis Lazuli had came out of the barn in curiosity.

Lapis: What was that?

Peridot: You heard it too?

Lapis nodded.

Peridot: I have no idea but I'm about to find out. As far as I know, this area isn't prone to earthquakes but perhaps it's gem monster activity.

I had good intentions to tell Steven and the Crystal gems about this but I figured I could handle the situation myself. Steven believed in me and so I had to believe in myself. After all, it as a strange feeling to bubble up your own gem after defeating a gem monster. I remember my first bubble, in fact it's still here, right above were Lapis was sitting. It's a great glow of green light and it does brightens up the place but soon we'll have many more gem bubbles both green and blue from Lapis and I as reminders of our every success. I know she'll get into the crystal gem mood eventually. We even make a great team partners, I just know it but for now, there were more pressing matters to attend to. I thought as I looked around. Now where did I put that drill......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 6.8K 61
During the gem war the diamonds ordered the creation of a powerful gem to turn the tide of war, the Dragonstone, a gem that was used to destroy and r...
179 5 3
Twoie has always been very cautious about the future. He's scared of changing the past too much, so he does his best to only tell the Crystal Gems th...
1.6K 53 18
Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl have been captured! Join Steven and Connie in their goal to get them back and defeat Homeworld! DISCONTINUED
5.8K 201 50
This story has a popular ship in Steven Universe. and a new ship with Peridot with me (Blue Topaz) This story is a twist among the popular steven x s...