Unconditional (Book Two)

By airplanelover52

Jim Parsons Fanfiction 'Unconditional' is book two of 'Time & Time Again' fanfiction duology. After a long fi... More

Prologue
1. Distraction
2. Threat
3. Impossible
4. Forgotten
5. Wrong Possibility
6. Impediment
7. One Remains
8. Curiosity
9. Reverse Story Teller
10. Inquires
11. Eyes
12. Yet
13. Dreams
14. Clues & Suspicious Guesses
15. Proof
16. Sunken Hearts
17. Golden Flames
18. Unrecovered Recovery
19. Risks
20. Nostalgia
21. Where Our Memories Lay {Pt. One}
22. Where Our Memories Lay {Pt. Two}
23. Where Our Memories Lay {Pt. Three}
24. Letting Go
25. Unexpected Listener
26. Emotional Mixture
27. Pictures on the Walls
28. Not to Expect
29. Lies
30. Unconditional { Part One }
32. Unconditional { Part Three }
33. All Can't Be Miserable
34. Thunderstorms to Sun Rays
37. What About it All?
36. To Love You Again

31. Unconditional { Part Two }

139 6 6
By airplanelover52

Jim's POV

Colin gasps for breath as I grab on his neck with absolutely no mercy. How dare he sleep with my wife!!! How dare he abuse her the way he did!! There is absolutely no mercy over this, absolutely no forgiveness or tolerance. At least not on my part. And this is without counting everything else he has done to us.

"HOW DARE YOU?!" I snap without control, as he fights for a breath. "SHE IS MY-"

"Jim?!" I listen to a familiar, female voice from the outside of the house asking for me. She opens the door, and that's when I notice who she is, and that she is not alone, but with two other women. "Jim are you-"

"Let him go!" shouts Clarisse, approaching me, but without having any success. "Jim! You have to reason! You can't kill him!"

"JIM!" snaps Danielle, and also trying to get me to let him go as Colin keeps fighting for breath.

"Jim please! You can't kill-"

But I listen to them and let him go, dropping him to the ground as he takes in a huge breath and starts coughing without control.

"THIS FUCKING BASTARD FORCED AMELIE TO SLEEP WITH HIM!" I shout.

"We know, we know.....We remember who he is now," says Beth, looking down at him with disgust. "But you can't kill him, what if you end up in jail for killing the man? You can't give Amelie that kind of trouble."

"Where is she by the way?" asks Danielle.

"I have no idea." They sigh. "All I know right now is that she escaped from Colin, and nobody knows where she went."

Clarisse kicks Colin with her high heels, as he stays weakly on the ground. "How dare you do everything you did?!" She isn't really expecting an answer, but I can see that all she wants is to rant at him and punish him for what he's done. At the end of the day, there is no way Colin could bring his voice out at the moment.

"Jim we have to go look for Amelie." It is Danielle's voice sounding with worry.

"Yes we do," I continue. "But I won't be leaving until this bastard is taken to jail by the police." I make a pause, sensing the suspense feeling in the room, specially coming from Colin. "Somebody call 911. I left my phone in L.A."

"But Jim," says Danielle. "The police doesn't remember Colin as being one of the most wanted people. It will be hard to get him to jail immediately."

"I remember, Amelie remembers. If we both have our memories back then everyone else does, that's why you have them back and the cast at L.A has them back too. That's the way it works so Colin is once again one of the most wanted people by the police in the United States...Call 911."

Clarisse takes her phone from her pocket, as I approach Colin's weak person to check his every move, and she dials 911. Informing them that we have Colin Smith, it is he the one who tries to fight us, but he can't anymore, he is too weak. Thus what I listen to Clarisse say is that they should get here immediately.

And immediately is an accurate word, because in less than 10 minutes or so, about 5-10 automobiles from the police and FBI are violently parking in front of the house and slamming the door open. The loud sound of sirens is undeniable, the red and blue lights blinding, but all of this means that we are putting an end to all of this madness.

Colin, who is still lying on the ground, indeed makes an attempt to escape. How would he not? He fights to stand up from the floor and run, still unable to bring his voice out. But just as he tries to take the dart, I don't let him. With his existing weakness, it was as simple as grabbing him and knocking him to the ground. Enough.

"Colin Smith," starts the officer as he takes him and handcuffs his hands at the back of his body. "You are arrested for the murder of miss Tania Johansen, for escaping mental therapy by shooting the guards with an illegal gun, for the murder of Mr. David Smith, your brother; the murder attempt of Mr. Jim Parsons; and the kidnap, rape, and murder attempt of Mrs. Amelie Parsons."

Finally, Colin is taken by around fifteen officers and FBI forces to a car, and for once....I can't even explain with words the relief that I finally feel. Just like if a huge weight was removed from my chest, and I could finally breath. As I see the car in which this horrible, life-destroying man is fade away into the shadows of the city; tears start falling down my eyes by the means of relief. And Beth approaches me as I let a big breath out in unbelief that the madness is over. Well, it won't really be over until I find Amelie, and of course...Karen is still out there. Not that she is that harmful really, but at the end of the day she IS allied to Colin, and I wouldn't even want to imagine that she manages to help him escape.

"Mr. Parsons," says an officer, approaching me along with another. Several of them stayed here to investigate the place and most probably to ask questions. "Are you alright?"

I take a look at my bleeding hand, which I most probably injured when Colin threw me to the ground, and then make a slight movement with the shoulder which hardly impacted against the solid floor, sending a horrible shot of pain all up to the nape of my neck.

"I'm fine," I lie, wearing a serious face.

One of the officers makes a gesture with his hand, signaling one of the paramedics outside to come in. "Take care of Mr. Parsons' bleeding while agent Williams asks him some questions. I'll be assisting at the station."

"Yes, sir," he replies, and immediately invites me outside to take a seat on the back of the ambulance.

It is only a few seconds later that a woman about forty years old, elegantly dressed joins me behind the vehicle.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Parsons," she starts as she sits besides me. "I am FBI agent Rebecca Williams and I am here to ask you some questions about criminal Colin Smith."

I shake her hand, just as my other one is being examined and bended. "Okay," I state willingly.

And I talk to her for about thirty more minutes as my shoulder is being examined next. Agent Williams asks me questions about meeting Colin, his behavior as a teenager, what happened between us three that made him act the way he does, what he did to Amelie, to me, etc.; all of it being written on the notebook in which she is taking notes.

"Okay," she states as she records the last things I said. "Thank you very much. You are now free to go. We will be searching around the house for several days so I don't know if you need a hotel or...something?"

"Oh," I say a little surprised. "No, no. Actually, I should head for the airport now. But thank you."

"No, thank you, Mr. Parsons. Any additional information that we receive regarding Mr. Smith and, more specially, Ms. Nelson who is still free, we will immediately let you know so that you may be alert."

"Alright. Thank you," I state, and after receiving a slight smile and nod from the agent, I finally join the three ladies waiting for me in their car. "I need to go look for Amelie, girls. So can you take me to the airport please?"

"Yes," says Beth, who is in this case the driver. "We've been trying to call her for the past fifteen minutes, but she probably has her phone turned off to stay protected from Colin. Do you know where she is now?"

I look down to the ground a little. "No," I state with a little sigh. "But I might have an idea."

"Really?" she says. "Where?"

I can't help but smile a little at the remembrance of this beautiful place, let my mind wander for a few seconds about those happy times that I would absolutely love to relive. "Paris," I state after a pause, and looking back up through the window. "I have to go to Paris."

Time Later

Amelie's POV

As I exit the beautiful hotel Napoleon right next to the magnificent Arc de Triomphe, I can't help but smile at the contemplation of the beautiful city that Paris is. Even though I wish Jim was here with me, I know that it is not long until he hopefully actually is. I decided that I will be calling him once I am out of the doctor with which I have an appointment right now, just to quickly check that our baby is fine, and also to give Jim a chance to sleep instead of waking him up in the middle of the night.

Since the hospital where the doctor will be checking me is not far away, I simply decided to walk and enjoy the wonderful winter scents of the big city. Indeed this is Paris in winter...snow, cold, and beautiful decorations are all applicable, some of them to enjoy and some other to suffer a little bit, but certainly never snatching away the beauty of this place.

It is not long until I've crossed the fascinating streets next to Champs-Elysées, and finally get a view of the hospital I am searching for. Once I am standing two steps before the door, I take a deep breath, close my eyes, and proceed to open it, greeting the two nurses at the counter.

Up I go in the elevator to the third floor of the building, where the consulting room of the gynecologist is found.

"Bonjour," I state, as I walk inside the waiting room.

The secretary smiles, turning her attention to me. "Bonjour."

"Um, I have an appointment at 10:30...." I say with a grin, speaking once I am standing before the counter.

"Yes, of course. Amelie Parsons, right?"

"That's exactly it." I weakly smirk with an obvious nervousness that I feel inside me, and it is eating me all the way out. Last time I came to the gynecologist being pregnant, I didn't have the best experience as you all know.

"Alright, take a seat please. The doctor will be with you shortly."

I thank the woman, and proceed to take a seat at the waiting room after removing my heavy, black coat. And just as I turn my eyes towards the TV at the wall in front of me, a pair of gorgeous and familiar blue eyes shine and smile towards me as I fix my stare on them. It is then that I realize that the Big Bang Theory is playing, and I can't help but feel a peculiar warm feeling in my chest as I feel the sudden urge to cry. Here I am, at the waiting room of a doctor that is about to check my baby, a baby I am having with the beautiful man acting before me, but who is unfortunately not with me, and doesn't remember me as the way things actually are.

I chuckle a little bit at the sound of Jim speaking perfect French. It is a weird thing to see, even if it is not his actual voice. It just fits so perfectly that it could even actually be, yet it is not really something Jim would do...not with the way he stumbles on words when he tries to mimic my French.

"Mrs. Parsons?" says the secretary, catching my attention. "The doctor is now ready to receive you."

I stand up from my seat, grabbing my coat and tote bag. "Thank you," I reply, as I take a gulp and try to control the feeling of anxiety that is eating me all the way from inside....I just really hope the baby is okay.

"Mrs. Parsons," says the doctor with a French accent, as he notices me walk in. "A pleasure to meet you." He stands up, and shakes my hand as he invites me to sit down on the chair in front of him.

"Oh, thank you, doctor. Pleasure to meet you, too," I reply politely, and sit down.

As he takes a look down at the paper in front of him, he clears his throat. And once he is done he puts them back down at the desk, removes his glasses, and looks at me with a kind smile.

"Alright, so...what's up? What can I help you with today?"

I grin a little bit, trying to hide the obvious worry in my face. "Well...I came here for a checkup. I just found out that I am pregnant, and I want to make sure that the baby is okay."

"Very well," he says with a sympathetic chuckle. "Any reason why you are so nervous?"

I look down at my lap for a moment, unable to hold the surprise. "Oh, is it really that obvious?"

He nods, looking at me with a pair of slightly concerned eyes.

"Well..." I start with a little hesitation at not wanting to relive the remembrance. "I had a miscarriage some time ago. And I am just terrified I'll be getting the same news."

"Why have you been having symptoms?"

"No," I state, shaking my head. "No no not really. But....still."

The doctor just nods again, this time throwing me a comprehensive look. "I understand your worry," he states, and just looks at me with understanding for a moment and making a slight pause. "Alright." He stands up from the chair, me following him. "The nurse here will be assisting you over at that room so that you can put on a robe. I'll be with you in a few minutes."

I thank him and smile as he walks away, entering another room, and I proceed to where the kind-looking nurse is standing so that we can walk into the area he signaled.

I remove all my clothes and put on the hospital robe that the nurse just handed me, then proceed to lay on the medical bed where I notice all of the machines and equipment being ready.

"Okay," says the doctor walking in. He sits down on a chair with wheels; and moves around the place to take some white, doctor gloves and wear them on his hands, as the nurse stands right besides my bed. "I am going to start the checkup now, and I will be pulling your robe up a little bit if that is okay. Now...I know this is not a nice part. Just remember I am a doctor and I do this everyday. But still...if you feel uncomfortable just let me know."

"Thank you," I state with a smile smile. In all honesty, it indeed is a form of exposure that is uncomfortable, though necessary. And I just wish Jim was here with me so that I could feel safer, as it is not the same having a nurse I don't know standing besides my bed than my husband. At the end of the day though, I don't care about the exposure or the company, all I want to know right now is that our child is okay.

It is unexplainable how my heart beats as the doctor moves the camera around. How the horrible feeling on my chest multiplies as the moments go by and he doesn't see anything. I try to control and settle my angst down, but it is almost impossible as we get no result.

"Everything okay?" I say with a little anxiety, and trying to hold the tears of worry back in my eyes.

"Give me a minute," he replies, concentrated in the monitor in front of us, and pressing his lips on a tight line. But it is suddenly when I see him smile, that I feel an abrupt relief and hope shooting all across my limbs. "There it is Mrs. Amelie....That's your baby," he says pointing at a small spot in the monitor. "And he/she is absolutely fine."

My eyes shine and I am absolutely speechless as I look at my beautiful child on the monitor. No words can explain what feelings go through my being at this moment. And I can't help but do nothing else than pour tears of happiness and smile uncontrollably, then switching to something that's between laughing and crying, and keep my eyes fixed with complete love on the screen before me.

"Thank you very much," I say, referring to the doctor and wiping some tears away.

He smiles at me, and nods twice. "You may get changed now," he says, switching the monitor off. "I'll be waiting for you at my office."

I nod, and proceed to jump down from the bed, immediately getting changed once he leaves the room. I hand the hospital robe to the nurse when I am ready, and walk to his office to take the seat I took before.

"Okay, so your baby is fine, you are fine, and you may now leave in complete relief," he says, removing his glasses.

I chuckle. "Thank you, doctor."

"Oh, it's my pleasure. Here...I hand you the first pictures of your child," he continues, giving me some still images of what we saw earlier in the checkup-all black, white, and gray as they usually are-and I take them with a sincere, appreciative smile.

"Thank you very very much," I say with relief.

"Again. It is my pleasure. Congratulations on your baby, and please...greetings to your husband from my part. I am a big fan," he says, as we both stand up and he walks me out the door.

"Oh, thank you," I say surprised. "Thank you. Have a good day."

"You too," he says, and he closes the door of his consulting room.

I stand for a moment with the entry closed behind, letting the relief and happiness take control of me. And as I smile with the pictures of my child in my hands, I recall how much I can't wait to give my husband the news...even if he doesn't remember things the way they are. This won't be in any place though....It has to be in Trocadero in front of the Eiffel Tower. This is the place we call 'the place of new beginnings', so this is definitely the place I will be calling him to let him know he should meet me here....since this is definitely a new beginning...and a very bright one...that's for sure.

Jim's POV

I can't help but smile as the airplane descends, and as a magnificent view of the beautiful Eiffel Tower is witnessed from the sky by my eyes. All the ground is white and covered in snow, just like when I came here to ask Amelie to marry me. But even when I smile at the absolutely amazing and nostalgic views, I can't help but keep biting my nails in apprehension as I can't find Amelie; and still knowing that Paris is a place she would most definitely fly to-it is not guaranteed that she is actually here....Or that she is here alone. Yes...for some reason the words Colin spoke back at L.A. keep jumping to the front of my brain even when I don't believe them. They are an absolute ridiculousness and nonsense thing of course. But still a part of me is a little scared of actually finding Amelie with another man-deep deep in my subconscious-and proving Colin's words right...even when I am throwing them to the trash. Well honestly...it doesn't even matter. First things first, and the first plus most important thing is finding Amelie.

It is only about ten minutes later that the plane lands smoothly on the familiar airport of Paris, France, and I dart out of it quickly...then through customs...and finally out of the place and in search for Amelie.

"Good morning," I say to the taxi driver, as I get in.

"Good morning, sir," he replies with a heavy French accent. "Where will I take you this morning?"

I ponder over the question for a moment, digging inside my brain. Where in the world am I supposed to start looking for Amelie?! With no phone all of this is getting twice as hard...obviously. "I think...Just...." But I stumble upon my words, and attempt to think how Amelie would think. Although as I have absolutely no clue, I just decide to go to a place where I would love to go before initializing the pursuit. "Take me to Trocadero, please.".....And that's where he takes me.

Jim and Amelie's POV

As the taxi driver drives closer to the historical center of Paris, Amelie is exiting the hospital where she just received the very good news that the baby is okay. It is such a huge contrast how she felt before entering and how she feels now, full of hope and excitement, and ready to walk to Trocadero to call Jim. She can't deny that she is nervous and still confused on how she is supposed to be explaining everything to him. Not really about her pregnancy-that is pretty straight forward, as Jim was also obviously part of the process.....-but about them being married and then separated by Colin's cold heart. It just sounds so crazy, ridiculous, and made up in her head that she is afraid that Jim is going to believe she is going insane. But Amelie just figures she must try at least, do everything in her power to convince Jim of what reality is. At the end of the day, he IS her child's father.

Over at the cab, the driver is finally nearing what Jim recognizes is the area around Trocadero, where Amelie would walk along his side every single day they stayed in Paris. He can't help but smile a little at the remembrance, but then bring his head down as the devastation fills him in. It is the fright of not being able to find Amelie what has him so down. The fright of finding out that something happened to her...Or maybe even the fright of-deep down in his subconscious-finding Amelie with somebody else.

"Thank you," says Jim, as the driver stops in front of Trocadero. He gets out of the car and pays; just as he later turns around, takes a deep breath as his eyes meet with the beauty of the Eiffel Tower, and walks forward to the spot where, he recognizes, is the place where he and Amelie first kissed, later on getting engaged. And just stands there with his elbows leaning on the rail made of rock, witnessing the beauty of the city and thinking about what he is supposed to do next, he lets his mind finally take over the moment.

Over at the beautiful streets of the city, Amelie walks gracefully with a smile on her face and her hope to the end of the world. She happily swings her tote bag as she walks, and with the chirping of the birds she can finally say that she hasn't felt this good since the day before Colin took her again and snatched all the memories from her loved ones. The only thing that is stopping her from the ultimate happiness is Jim not being there with her to share the moments.

As she nears the magical place of Trocadero, Amelie takes in a deep breath of air to prepare for what she is about to feel. These feelings will be a mixture of nostalgia, sadness, and emptiness, though also hope and aspiration, as she is about to make the call that could be changing everything for good.

She takes one step forward on the first footstep to Trocadero, then another and another until she is slowly walking on the creme and brown colors of the place's floor. Without hesitations she paces to the spot she loves though misses the most. But it is when her eyes pull up from her feet that she sees a man...a man standing on the exact same spot she was walking to. The man is leaning with his elbows on the edge of the monument...but Amelie doesn't wonder, doesn't think...as she doesn't even doubt about who the man standing on that spot is.

"J-Jim?" she shouts slightly with tears of unbelief already falling down her eyes.

And it is when he listens to his name being called with that undeniably sweet and familiar voice that he turns around immediately. He can't even believe his eyes as he sees his wife approaching him at a fast pace...And without a word, Jim starts pouring tears of happiness and disbelief, takes Amelie in his arms, and kisses her likes he's never kissed her before..........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

911K 38K 69
This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' first. • "I vow to always be there, to alway...
288K 14.7K 84
Natasha has been in love with Collin since elementary school. But when Collin's random bursts of anger turn into even more frequent bouts of violence...
1.3K 90 20
"Oh, so you really are becoming your dad then?" 'Yeah, maybe I am. Got a problem with it?' ... This married couple is having some issues, like all ma...
836K 19.3K 41
[Small Town / Second Chance] When Jennifer heads back to her hometown after ten years to celebrate her grandmother's 70th birthday, she knows she'll...