11. Eyes

* Two months later *

Jim's POV

The plane lands, making Mayim wake up beside me. The city of New York rises before my eyes, as the plane slowly taxies towards the gate. I have three days to execute this crazy and hard plan. It won't be easy to find Amelie, since I don't know how she looks like, but I'll be walking around New York near the building where she works, trying my best to scan the faces of all people and match the cute, sweet voice of her's, ask names, etc. It is very important that I talk to her, and I'll come back to New York in some weeks if I have to.

The plane stops, and I stand up to quickly disembark. Because I don't have much time, I should start planning and doing things today, aaaaaannndddd I'm kind of in a rush.

I take the suitcases from the Baggage Claim area, while Mayim asks for a taxi, and once I have them, get in the yellow vehicle.

"To 36 Gramercy Park, please," I say as soon as I close the door.

The driver starts, and I turn to Mayim, who is quickly texting someone on the phone.

"So," she starts, turning to look at me. "How did you manage to come to New York without having Karen find out?"

"Bah, I simply told her I had something important to do in Washington. She doesn't have to know I'm in New York," I say with a little laugh. "And she doesn't even know you came with me."

"WHAT?!" says Mayim in a little horror. "I thought you told her about it!"

"Oooohohohoh no. She wouldn't have let me come without her. When we went to Canada she didn't come because, one: the entire cast was there, and two: we were in a huge fight, remember? If she would've known that I was coming to New York with you, she wouldn't've left me come without her, especially since that woman Amelie is here, and for what I've investigated, there is something she knows about her that has to do with me, and I don't."

"Yeah there is," says Mayim with a lot more certainty than what I expected.

"Hmm, you know something?" I ask, now sounding a little suspicious.

Mayim suddenly throws a sort of nervous look, and turns away from me. "Ohhh, no no...nothing, it just seems like the sort of thing she would do. How do you even know she's talking about this Amelie and not another in the first place?"

"I don't, that's why I have to talk to her; see if she knows something, or if I can see something that gives me some sort of clue," I say, looking around as we start into the beautiful streets of Manhattan.

"36 Gramercy Park," says the man, as he parks in front of the building where my condo is found.

"Thank you," I say, paying and walking towards the building.

I open the door of the place, letting Mayim walk in first.

"Wowww," she says looking around. "It's beautiful."

"Thanks," I say. "That door over there is my room, and that other one is yours. I hope you're comfortable."

"I will," she says with a smile. "Thank you."

I smile back, and start towards my room, not taking my blazer off as I usually do, since I'm about to leave again. I leave my suitcase on the bed, deciding that I'll unpack later, and head towards the bathroom. I turn the light on, and to my surprise...

"What?" I whisper, as I see a pink toothbrush lying on the sink. I take it carefully in my hand and scan it. This definitely isn't mine. "Mayim," I say, walking out the room.