3. Impossible

Amelie's POV

It doesn't even take me one second to make my decision to Colin's question. My answer is obvious, though I am full of complete rage and horrification.

"Ten, nine—"

"Where of you want me to meet you?" I interrupt with a harsh tone of voice, not doubting whether my decision is right or wrong.

I know I would do anything for Jim, so I know that even though he rather die than let me go with Colin, I am making the sacrifice this time...because the question is being asked to me, not Jim.

"Good girl. I knew you would do the right thing."

I scoff and roll my eyes at his obnoxious tone of voice.

"Meet me in the middle of Time Square," he continues. "I swear that if you are not here in fifteen minutes Jim will die, understood? So you better hurry up...Oh, and shut your mouth as well. If you say a word...I'll kill Jim in front of you."

Following this horrifying and hurtful words, Colin hangs up, leaving me with tears in my eyes. I wipe them away with my finger, and then grab my bag, which is now laying on the chair of the kitchen table.

Otis and Rufus run into the room with their tongues out, and I bend down to stroke their small, fluffy head.

"Wish us good luck, my sweeties," I say, as a tear falls from my face to the ground.

Jim's POV

I walk out of the stage as the clapping and shouting of the audience continues. I love to do theatre; just such an amazing and fulfilling experience that makes me never want to finish.

I walk to my dressing room, and get changed from my heavenly costume to my comfortable, everyday clothes, then walk out of the theatre, finding the fans clapping and shouting outside.

I sign several playbills, posters, mugs, pictures, shirts; greet people, and smile.

Once I'm done, I run to my car, the clapping and shouting of the people bouncing on the walls of the buildings around.

"Byee!" I shout, as I get in the car.

As the door of the car sounds when I close it behind me, Bruno starts driving to the condo. I can't wait to see Amelie. For some reason, right now is a moment when I just want to get home and cuddle with her, listen to soft music, and simply talk, just talk.

Bruno parks in front of the building, and I walk out the car, then opening the building's door, and going up the elevator.

I insert the key in the door and turn it slowly, opening it after.

Otis and Rufus run towards me as I walk in, but they look a little agitated, and that is not normal in them; they are usually pretty lazy.

"What's wrong?" I ask, my voice sounding a little worried.

Rufus starts barking, and I bend down to stroke his head, but as I do, Otis starts barking, and I am just confused.

I stand back up, and walk towards Amelie and my room.

"Darling!" I shout, though I hear nothing. "I'm home!"

No sound comes out of the room, and I open the door. There is no one inside.

I start towards the door of the bathroom, since she can be taking a shower, but there is no sound of the water running.

I knock on the door, and there is no answer. I then open it slowly, and the lights are off.