20. Nostalgia

Amelie's POV

The sound of my alarm wakes me up at 5AM to go to the airport, and for the first time I am glad it woke me up, since I'll be away from Colin for a few days. I stand up from the bed with a yawn, and he rolls to the other side—to my bad luck—waking up as well.

"What the hell?" he says, looking at me a little irritated.

I take some clothes out of the drawer to wear, and as I close it, turn to him. "Oh, I didn't tell you, since yesterday you were out until like 2 AM with God knows who, and came home to find me asleep but I now inform you that I have to go to LA because of work. Here is the letter." I hand Colin a paper from the company, and he takes it as he sits in the bed, reading with sleepy eyes.

"Very well," he says coldly after a several seconds of staring at the paper. "Have a safe trip...and don't do anything stupid."

I roll my eyes at his words, as I unfold a pair of black leggings. "Like if I had a choice," I say with a harsh tone.

"Ohh you do have a choice, but you wouldn't like the consequences."

I don't react to his sentence, I simply continue unfolding the clothes I'm going to wear. He is right, I wouldn't like the consequences, and that's exactly why I don't have a choice.

"Amelie, I know Jim will be in LA, that's why I'm telling you not to do something stupid, and I want to tell you that I have no problem with you seeing him. Since you have to continue acting like you did before, it would be weird if after the 'amazing friendship'," he says, exaggerating the last two words. "You guys 'bloomed' when he was here you wouldn't call him to see him if you were going to LA." Colin stands up from the bed, and starts towards me with his eyes harshly fixed on mine. "But don't do anything you'll regret later. I don't care that you're suffering and crying your eyes out...you know what will happen if temptation wins and you speak a word."

I stare at Colin with the exact same harshness and authority with which he stares at me, and by now we are only a few inches away from each other. "Yes...I know," I say with confident anger. "I don't need you repeating it everyday." And turn away to face the bureau in which my earrings are on. But Colin takes my arm with a little violence, forcing me to turn to look at him again, and bringing his face closer to mine.

"I'm glad you're aware, but I'm just re-warning you. You have my word, do you understand? You have my word that he'll die if you tell him something, and you know that my word is my word and I never fail to keep it."

I stare at him with anger for a few moments, as he tightens his grip on my arm. "I'm aware," I say, using the same harsh tone I was using before.

"Good," he states with an evil smile, and letting me go, but not walking away from me. "Have a safe flight then, darling."

Colin gives me an unexpected kiss on the lips I don't give him back, and I feel the urge to pull away, but I know that if I do...it won't be pretty. He finally pulls away after several horrible seconds, and I immediately sigh, close my eyes and turn away from him, as he smiles evilly again and walks back towards the bed.

"See you in a few days," I say with a low tone, and forcibly acting nice as he goes back to sleep.

Jim and Amelie's POV

Amelie opened her eyes, as the rays of the sun on a cold morning of Quebec ran through the window of the beautiful wooden cabin they were staying at.

She searched for Jim's arms that were usually wrapped around her, but to her surprise, they weren't there, and neither was Jim.

She stood up from the bed in confusion, a shiver rushing through her body as the cool air touched her bare skin, and took her blue, silk sleeping robe from the chair, tying it around her waist.