Sincere

By darealkp

Your trust? It's deep, it's clear. Your hope? Look at it, we're still here. Your heart? I got it, no need t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Note
Sin City (Book 2)

Chapter 5

23.3K 704 270
By darealkp

Deandre Martin

Rolling through the city, today was the day to start the new grind off fresh. I had to look nicer than a bitch to get these new inquiries that I needed to get my business running through the city before anybody else could really get their shit stable.

"So, what you trying to buy out first. The strip joint down in the bricks getting shut down, maybe you can remake that shit?", AJ sat in the front seat of the car, puffing on the blunt we had in rotation.

"I wasn't really tryin' to fuck around with the bricks. That shit to ratchet fa' me. That's where the work gon' be movin'. Never mix ya' business with ya' dirty work, it would be too much of a call fa' me. Maybe I could buy out some otha' shit that's already up and runnin'.", I shrugged, lighting up another blunt as we waited outside of the house that sat on the outskirts of the bricks.

The projects was where all my niggas came from, and we grew up in these streets. Ten toes down out here with these niggas since I stepped my peanut head ass in middle school. We knew these streets all too well, and now that I'm back, my niggas and I are going to dominate shit whether these other niggas approved or not.

"Man, where the fuck this nigga at?", AJ commented. I groaned, rubbing my hand over my clean head of hair that was now shaved into a low cut.

A nigga regretted cutting his shit at first, but after my shorty seen it, that was water under the bridge. The low cut had her feening for this dick, and I been getting some great mouth and lip service without have to butter her up into doing it. I would've done this shit a long time ago, had I known the results were going to look this nice.

"Ion' know, call that nigga man.", I puffed on the blunt before blowing the wavy O's out of my mouth.

AJ fumbled around for his phone as I slipped mine out, going through all the damn notifications that sat vividly on the lock screen. The only message that stood out to me was the one from shorty with attachments. I smirked, already knowing what the situation was and refused to open it until I was by my lonely. That's rule number one in the book of G shit, what ever goes down with you and your jawn, stays between you and your jawn. These niggas and even your niggas ain't got shit to do with the situation.

"Hoe ass nigga ain't even answering the fucking phone, but if we leave his ass, he be ready to shoot some shit up.", AJ complained, finishing off the roach to the first blunt.

"This nigga all over the snap and shit with these broads he be rockin' with. Let's dip.", I told to AJ as he put out the roach, tossing it from the car.

"Choppy ass ain't never in place. He gon' be calling me in fifteen. I can see it already.", he shrugged, laying out in the passenger seat of the car.

Placing the car in drive, I pulled off from outside his house, heading for the first dealer of the open establishments. Twenty four hours and seven days out of the week, this is what I do. I chase money, and at least one of my niggas be on my right chasing it with me. We were the trio, and wasn't nobody in these blocks topping us.

"He prolly somewhere getting some of that ratchet cat around hea'. You know that nigga got a dirty dick.", AJ laughed out, causing me to tip over in laughter.

"Swea' I was just talkin' shit to his ass 'bout that yesterday. He gon' get that shit out hea'. AIDS is real.", I chuckled, shaking my head in disapproval.

"You saying that shit like you ain't a whole hoe out here.", he reached for the aux cord in the car, plugging it into his iPhone after removing the converter piece that I used for my 7.

"Nigga you know I'm crazy 'bout my shorty. Y'all niggas been hoein' since ya' mamas shitted ya' out. You was probably a hoe in the womb.", I laughed, as he mugged me.

"Nigga, you was a hoe in the ball sack. Asking all the sperm cells you thought were gon' be females can you hit it from the back. Waxing that ass left and right.", he joked, causing both of us to tip over in laughter.

"You ain' even funny my G.", I stated, before he finally selected a song from iTunes.

Sniper gang, ra ra
Kill nigga
My nigga slayed a nigga
I just came from hangin' with em'
Don't know what really happened
I think he home invaded nigga
You'll never catch me out here clubbin'
Unless you paid a nigga

"Why the fuck I chase a bitch when I don't even chase the liquor.", we both mumbled along with Kodak as I continued on into down town, where the streets really got crazy.

In the city, down town was where shit happened and I needed my establishment to be placed dead in plain sight so no one will actually know the history behind it. A nigga needed a club, bar, or something productive, just to get shit kicking and back on board. My work in Cali was done, but it was time to branch off, and what better way to start than from my roots?

"So, you real live getting shit situated for the business or you doing the dirt?", AJ questioned, prying around for an answer.

"You know I always get down with the dirt no matter the circumstances. A nigga need that income more than anything. This other shit just a cover story.", I shrugged, finally pulling onto the highway to head downtown.

"You looking for some new work, or you already got the connections?"

"My plan is to have them niggas in Cali ship us half the incoming product, we sell here and there, which makes it move faster. More income each year.", I rubbed my hand across my then goatie as I put everything into perspective within my mind.

"You seen ma dukes and em' since you been back?"

"Nah, they don't even know a nigga touched down. I plan on goin' to see em' tho. I faithfully call ma dukes every day, but I don't really talk to the rest.", I shrugged.

"F.O.E.", he smirked, before finally ending the conversation.

By the time we made it down town, in search of the bar that I wanted to buy out, it was nearing three in the afternoon. A phone rung out, with the Apple ringtone which I knew couldn't be mine. AJ fumbled around for his phone, sucking his teeth at the caller ID.

"Nigga where you been at? We almost at the spot.", he spoke into the phone, turning his face up in aggravation.

"Aight, well we'll be thea' in five."

He ended the call before turning his head to me, shaking it with a chuckle. I already knew it had to he Choppy on the other line.

"That nigga said he already at the spot.", he shook his head.

"It would've been nice of his brick forehead ass to pass the message on to our looney tunes ass. We sittin' outside the nigga house for half and hour and his ass was already on the way hea'.", I groaned, finally pulling into the spot.

Grasping my phone into my hand from the cup holder, I slipped it into my front pocket for safe keeps. My key chain was gripped in my hand as I cut the car off, allowing for the doors to automatically unlock, letting AJ and I out. Clicking the beeper to lock the doors, we situated ourselves before heading inside where many people sat out with them drinks, watching football or just having a good time. Females paraded around in short, skimpy ass shorts with the crop tops tied to accentuate their bra less breasts as they passed out refreshments and appetizers.

My gaze went over everyone in the bar before it finally landed on Choppy, sitting in front of an unfamiliar frame. Motioning for AJ to follow me, we headed for where he was, looking at the nigga that say plastered in front of his. Pulling up a couple chairs, we took our seats, before getting this meeting started.

"So, you are Deandre and these are your companions?", the short, stubby ass white man asked, rubbing his fingers through his chin hair.

"That's correct.", I decided to keep shit short and simple. No need to carry conversation if I'm not getting what I came here for.

"You wish the purchase my establishment?", he asked, nodding his head in understanding.

"Well, I wish to better your establishment. Expand it, market it, and put it on the map. Purchasing it would just make the process smoother.", I shrugged, looking him dead in the eyes.

If it's one thing that I was sure of, it was that my appearance was definitely an intimidating one. Anyone could look at me as a handsome ass devil, because I was, but the devil part is what characterized by persona. Niggas could never take me as a joke, I had a deep voice, chiseled features and I wasn't a friendly nigga. If it ain't about my money, fuck we talking for?

"How much are you offering on the table. I've invested 50,000 dollars into this damn bar, and I refuse to just sell it to someone who doesn't plan to put it to use.", he ranted, causing me to let off a chuckle.

"Well, with all due respect, let's weigh the options. You've been investing into this bar for how many years?", I questioned, about to throw the bait out, positive he's going to take it.

"Fifteen years, and still pending. It's taking a lot out of my pockets, but it fills the money back in plus some."

"Well, selling it to me would fill your pockets with 100,000 dollars, in which you could purchase another establishment that doesn't break your pockets. Not only, but you'd be making 50,000 dollars of a profit.", I shrugged, knowing that 100,000 dollars was chump change in my book. If I had a kid, that could be their fucking allowance.

"I see what you're getting at, but what do you plan to make of this place?", he asked, peering over the slightly old fashioned bar.

"That, is my business. You'll see in due time, so with that being said, do we have a deal?", I questioned, holding my him out for him to shake.

Without hesitation, he grasped my hand in a firm hand shake, nodding his head in approval. Rising from my chair after releasing his hand, we discussed the matters of him mailing me the deed and signing off the property to me. By the end of this week, I shall meet the employees and decide who will be fired and who will continue to be used to further boost this establishment. The money train starts here.

§•••••§

"Man, we need to celebrate, this make our shit back on the grain.", Choppy stated, as we walked into the foyer of my home, heading for the living room.

Placing myself down on the couch, I pulled out my phone, finally deciding to open all of the important messages that were placed on my phone. With word from around the city, many of my family members had finally heard that a nigga was back in town, and they were blowing my shit like no tomorrow. I knew the ones that were just hanging around for the money, and the ones that were as real as they came.

My Lady 💍 :

This shoot is going to take all damn day 😩 . Don't miss me too much 😘😏 .

My eyes grew low and a smirk played on my face as I texted her back my words of appreciation for the picture. It was time a nigga changed his home screen anyway. The one I had now was from about a month ago when she finally let me take a picture of her in our matching Calvin Klein attire.

"Nigga what you ova' thea' smilin' at?", Choppy asked, squinting his eyes at me in confusion.

"Mind ya' damn business ocho cinco.", I laughed, finally deciding to scroll through the awaiting messages that sat on my phone.

Ma Dukes 👑👩‍👧: I'm going to beat your damn ass Deandre Zavion Martin and you should already know why! 😒

Aunt Mel : Nephew, I'm helping your mama beat your ass.

Unc Darell : Why these women over here ready to beat you the hell up boy? 😂 Come through when you have the time nephew. It's good to have you home.

Whole Heart ❤️👫 : You already know you better call me when you get this. I'm not mama , I'll find out where you stay Deandre.

Chuckling at all the messages as the came through to my phone, I shook my head as I replied to my baby sister first.

'I'm sorry, I'll call you in about fifteen. I'm hangin' with the boys right now.'

After responding to her, I apologized to my mom and my other relatives, promising to come see them before the week is out. Looking over at Choppy and AJ, they were both intently doing what ever the hell they do on their phones, before we all made eye contact.

"Y'all niggas hungry?", I asked, letting off a sigh as my stomach growled.

"Hell yeah, a nigga could go for some Wing Stop or maybe a lil' Arby's.", Choppy stated, rubbing his hand through his beard.

"Stop playin' with that shit in my house before you get lice every damn where.", I stated, grasping the keys to my car as he removed his from his pocket.

"Shit, Wing Stop.", AJ said, as we all headed out the door for the cars parked out front.

"Nigga, when you got the update on these rims?", peering over the rims that had Choppy's Camaro sitting higher than my Hummer.

"Lil jawn spunt out on a nigga 'bout a week ago fa' a early birthday present.", he smirked, wiping a scuff mark off the side of the front, right tire.

"Nigga since when did these broads start buyin' yo' ugly ass shit? Damn, she must be dyslexic.", AJ joked, causing us both to look at him in confusion. "What?"

"Boy, getcha' retarded ass in the damn car.", I stated, popping him in the back of the head.

AJ was the youngest nigga out of all of us, but our parents were hella' close so he was always a part of the gang. Choppy didn't exactly have family, but I met him as a youngin' through detention because our asses could not stay out of trouble. We ended up linking and my mom loved him so much, she practically took him in and treated him as one of her own. These were my brother, F.O.E.

Family Over Everything.

"Ma dukes and nem' ain't blowin' yo' shit yet?", Choppy asked, sliding into the driver seat of his car.

"Yeah, I was gon' slide on em' some time this week, but I held off fa' today since I'm with y'all niggas."

"I ain't ya' ol' lady bitch. You ain't gotta' blow shit off fa' me."

AJ tipped over in laughter before tripping on a rock in the driveway, causing all of us to burst out in a fit of laughter. Shaking my head, I headed over to my car, awaiting AJ to get in the front seat. Once I pulled off from the curb, Choppy came pulling up next to me, letting his passenger window down.

"So, we seein' the fam today or ya' holdin' out?", he asked, playing with the radio in his car.

"Shit, I guess we can slide through after we eat and shit. I'll call ma dukes and tell ha' to have shit put togetha'."

"Bet that up.", he rolled the window back up before pulling off.

§•••••§

I stood outside my mom's house ringing the doorbell for damn near the tenth time today awaiting her presence. She told me not to come over out of anger of me not telling her I was home, but I showed up anyway, thinking she would let a nigga in with open arms. This was my outcome.

"Man, Mama Gina buggin'. She betta' come open this damn doe'.", Choppy stated.

"Boy, I'll beat your ass cursing at my damn door step like that!", I could hear my mother's voice coming from the other side of the door.

"Sorry ma!", he yelled back, chuckling afterwards.

"Ma, I'm sorry, can you open the door please?", I asked in the sweetest voice I could muster up.

AJ let out a fit of laughter causing me to punch him in his arm. He quickly shut his fucking mouth just as someone started fumbling with the locks of the door. As it slowly crept open, I was met face to face with my mother, and I couldn't be happier to see this woman. Pulling her into an embrace, she refused to hug me back as her arms dangled to her sides.

"Come on nie' ma. Don't be like that.", I mumbled into her neck before she gripped me into a hug.

Once I left for California, I never came back home. I'd been gone for a count of three years, and she hasn't seen me since the day I cursed my pops out on her door step. California was a big move for me, but it was what a nigga needed to get away from all the negativity in his life. Now, I got a girl, I'm making money and I can finally give back to the people who made me who I am today. Starting with this lady right here.

"I missed you baby.", she mumbled, tightening her embrace on me.

"Well dang mama G, you ain't miss us?", Choppy asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

This nigga here was a fucking handful. He got on the last nerve that I had left in my damn body, but regardless, Choppy was the shooter out of the three of us. He didn't take no shit from nobody, and he lived by the motto of kill first, think later.

"Boy, hush up and come give mama some love.", she stated, walking over to him with open arms. "Y'all negros act like y'all can't be around the family no more."

"I'm sorry mama.", AJ stated, pulling her into an embrace.

"Ahh, my youngest baby, how have you been?", she asked AJ, playing with his cheeks.

Ma dukes always had a soft spot in her heart for AJ because his mother and her were the closest of friends. She loved us all equally, but it was just something about AJ. Most niggas would be in they feelings about the shit, but I loved it because it came with perks. Back in the day, if I told mama I was going some where with AJ, she didn't hesitate about letting me go because out of us all, AJ was the most innocent. He's enrolled in college and graduated high school with honors, but don't let the shit fool you, AJ is a real street nigga.

"I'm good mama, how have you been?", he asked, kissing her cheek.

"I've been good baby.", she said, as we all headed into the living room of the house.

"How has those chest pains been treatin' you mama. Don't think I forgot about them health issues. They don't be around here runnin' yo' blood pressure up, do they?", I asked as we all took our seats on the couch.

"No, I've been fine baby. It gets me down sometimes, but I've been great.", she smiled back. "On the other hand, how have you been since I haven't seen you in I don't know, three damn years."

I let off a chuckle causing her to give me a straight, emotionless face. My mother to this day was still a beautiful thirty nine year old woman. I couldn't be more proud of her, even after fighting her every day battles, she still brings a smile to my face every time I lay my eyes on her.

"I kept in touch with you mama, and you know it. I probably called you more than anybody who was actually hea' with you.", I said, scrunching my face up at how she was trying to chew me out.

"Yeah, but you never came to visit. Not for holidays, your birthday, my birthday, not even for Bre's birthday and y'all are tighter than the Virgin Mary.", she stated.

Choppy let out a few laughs, causing me to give him a look in disgust. AJ soon started laughing along with him as he caught on to the little joke my mama had threw into the air. I swear this lady was a handful, but she was definitely my First Lady and I loved everything about her. Ain't nobody have shit on my mama.

"I'm sorry mama, I promise it won't ever happen again. You got me hea' for good.", I stated, kissing her cheek.

"I better because Deandre Zavion, I will actually beat your ass if you pull this shit again. Excuse my language.", she gave me a stern face, causing me to nod my head in understanding. "Now are y'all boys hungry?"

"No mama, we ate before we came.", Choppy said, playing around on his phone.

"How's that girlfriend of yours Jermaine? You always talking about her, where she be at?", my mama asked, causing AJ and I to let off a few chuckles.

"She fine mama.", Choppy smirked, throwing his middle finger up to us.

"Don't think I forgot about you Deandre, how is your little hooker?", she asked, causing my smile to drop.

"Mama, how many times I gotta' tell you India is not a hooker. She's not a bad person mama, she just isn't as friendly as most girls.", I stated, licking my lips in the process of thinking about my girl.

As a nigga, I hate a friendly ass hoe. My ol' lady was far from it, and that is what I admired about her the most. She had a straight forward, no fucks given attitude, and she told a nigga what it is and what it ain't. She was a savage in these streets, but a cry baby behind closed doors.

"Hm, mama knows best baby. I'm telling you, something off about that girl.", she scrunched her face up, shaking her head in disapproval.

Letting off a sigh, I let the conversation linger with that, just as the front door was opened. Within less than a few minutes, my Aunt Melody and Uncle Darell appeared in the living room, bearing different welcomes.

"Did you beat his ass yet Gina?", my Aunt Melody asked, mushing my forehead with her middle finger.

"Nah, he got away with it this time, but we talked.", my mom stated, tooting her lips up.

"Now ma, why you bein' fake? You were just givin' me love. Aunt Mel, you got my mama out hea' actin' fake.", I stated, causing her to giggle.

"Your ass should've came home.", she placed her hands on her hips, sizing me.

"Y'all leave my damn nephew alone.", Uncle Darell stated, gently moving my aunt out the way so he could dap me up.

"How you been Unc?", I asked, giving him a dap as he took the seat next to me.

"Tryin' to make sure AJ ass finish college. I don't see how he made it, his ass ain't got a lick of damn common sense.", he stated, as AJ turned his face up.

"Pops, why you always hatin' on me?", AJ asked, smacking his teeth.

"Smack em' again, I'll knock em' out ya' head.", Unc put up his set.

We all let off laughs as everyone took a seat making small talk, happy about my arrival.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 6.6K 48
Love is where the heart is. Doesn't matter if its long over due. Its still love. Even if you go through...... The Thick Of It!
881K 26.9K 27
778K 18.2K 32
"I remember his face, his eyes that begged for forgiveness, his body as it shook with anger and emotion. I remember how my world fell apart right bef...
20.2K 1.3K 23
Just Read!