That Should be Me: A Larry St...

By foreveryoung31

Larry Stylinson: A bromance that causes a physical pain in your chest because you know in your heart, there's... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 1

36.5K 572 534
By foreveryoung31

Chapter 1

Louis' P.O.V

Sitting at the table alone, I slowly started sipping my hot tea. As I placed it down, I let out a huge sigh. Why couldn’t things go back to its simpler days? I sighed again as I shook off the memory from a few weeks ago, when Harry was still there.

Still with me.

My best mate.

Now Harry has found someone, but I didn’t know who she was. Harry wouldn’t tell me or the boys anything. And I used to be the one who knew all his secrets, like he knew mine. But Harry was smiling a lot lately. So who was she? How can she make him smile like that when it was what I used to do all the time?

I’m happy for him, I really am but…my thoughts trailed off as I let out a frustrated grunt. Harry is never at our complex anymore, and if he was, it’ll be past midnight and he’ll reek like cheap perfume, smiling like an idiot at the door because he would forget his key. I still remembered staying up the first few days, desperately calling his mobile just to see where he was. Each time the same girl would pick up and say that she’ll be taking care of Harry for the night. So the only time he would come home is if he needed more clothes or if she was away.

What scared me the most was the voice of that woman. It was oddly familiar. 

Though I’m glad that the boys came over frequently or else I would go crazy! Liam assured me that things will go back to normal in no time. Harry’s been known for giving his entire world to the girl he loves even if it leaves him broken at the end.

But I couldn’t let this go on.

Harry was mine. She can’t have him unless I approve of her and judging by the way she sounds and smells she’s not passing so far.

But how am I going to meet her? I started to think and a plan soon popped into my head. Grinning evilly like a mad scientist, I nodded to myself.

Yes it should work. Harry loves me, he would do it.

They didn’t call him Louis Tomlinson for nothing, well it is my name but still, I have to say, I’m an awesome young lad.

Well let the games begin, mysterious lady, because I’m going to win.

 ***********************************************************************************************************

I reached for my cell and dialled Harry’s number. It starting ringing and I hope to the Lord above that she won’t pick up this time.

“Hello? Louis?” It was Harry!

“HARRY! COME QUICK, I NEED YOU!” I yelled into the phone and before he could ask anything, I ended the call.

Smiling to myself, I went to my room to wait for Harry to come.

I didn’t know I doze off until I opened my eyes and saw a frantic Harry at the door, breathing heavily.

“Louis? What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” He ran over and started running his hands throughout my body, checking for any injuries.

“HARRY! STOP IT, YOU’RE TICKLING ME!” I was in a fit of giggles, gasping for air. With a confused look on his face, Harry stepped back.

“Lou, why did you call me then?” Did he seriously just ask me that?

Momentarily forgetting the plan, I glared at him. “Well, I don’t know Harry. Maybe it’s because I don’t see you anymore, and the only time I do is around midnight and then you leave right away before I wake up in the morning!” He noticed my anger and the guilt started to appear on his face.

“Lou, I—”

“No, Harry, shut up and listen to me!” I was more than angry now, I was furious. I don’t care who she is, she can’t take my best friend away from me. “Who is she?”

“I can’t tell you that yet” he answered, looking at the ground. I could tell he was uncomfortable but I don’t seem to care at the moment.

“And why not?” I walked up to him and jabbed my index finger to his chest.

“I-I—I just can’t” he whimpered. He suddenly looked up at me, with pleading eyes. I was about to become hysterical again at his nonsense, but I remembered my plan.

Taking in a deep breath, I smiled. I took a step back to give us some space to talk. “I was just joking with you. Look Harry. I’m sorry I overreacted. If you like her this much, then maybe she’s lovely and great” I continued smiling so that he couldn’t see past the lie.

Harry was too blinded by his happiness at my sudden response. He let out a huge smile. “Thank you Louis.” He inched towards me, getting ready to pull me into a hug. "You really think so?"

"Yeah of course I approve. I only care about your happiness young man. I don't care who she is." Or what she is, I thought, cackling to myself.

Harry nodded eagerly.

“So Harry, let’s double date!” He stopped in midtrack, smile slipping off his face. I grinned; my plan was set into motion.

“What are you talking about Lou? What do you mean double date? You don’t even have a girlfriend!” I guess he really didn’t want me to meet his mysterious girlfriend.

“Harry.” I stared at him, my eyes slowly getting watery, lips quivering, and I knew that I had him.

“Fine.” Harry just couldn’t resist my piercing, blue eyes. I smiled and walked over to him. Hugging him tightly, I felt like I was at home. And then reality had to ruin it.

“Ok well I have to go now, meet you and your “date” tonight?” He air-quoted, apparently he thought I was lying, which I was but I can always get someone. "But don't tell the boys who it is when you meet her. Alright? I'm only doing this because you're my best friend."

Which means I know her. I clenched my fists at my sides. Who was it?

Still, I rolled my eyes, hoping he didn't notice anything was wrong.

“Yeah whatever. So you want to go to the usual place?” Liam had taken us to Cosmo a year ago, his favorite Chinese all-you-can eat restaurant. Even Niall gave his approval, saying that their food was one of the best he ever tasted. I chuckled at the memory. We were supposed to go for Harry’s birthday a week ago when he turned 18 but he was out with HER.

“No. How about we go to her house?” I can’t believe he suggested that. I’m going straight into the lion’s den already?

That’s even better. I smirked to myself. There will be pictures.

“Won’t her parents mind?” Not like I cared but…

“Well no, you’ll see Lou. Can you promise me you won’t judge her?” What? Does she do drugs or something? Oh no, she can't possibly hate...carrots..could she?

“Sure Harry, I promise” I answered after I realized I took too long imagining what could be wrong with her. Hopefully not a carrot hater.

“Thanks, well I’ll text you her address then. Bye Louis.” He walked out my room, and before I could shout bye, he was out the door.

I hope I can get Harry back tonight.

Well, time to find a lady friend.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 Harry’s P.O.V

Why did I agree to Louis’ request? I must be out of my mind! He won’t approve. I don’t even want to date her; we’re merely friends with benefits. I walked down the stairs and called her.

 “Caroline? Hey bebz, I’m done, come pick me up?”

“Sure Harry, right away. I missed you a lot” she purred.

“Really? Well me too” I smiled. I ended the call and waited awhile. Soon, I could see her red Ferrari pull up next to me. As I got in, she smiled and leaned in to give me a kiss.

The only thought as we returned to her house was: I’ve missed Louis, and tonight the secret will be out.

I didn’t know if I should be scared that Louis will know or hopeful that he might somehow accept this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 18.3K 34
Louis could feel Harry behind him, the hot breath on his neck and the soft hands upon his waist. "You know I do more than tutor, don't you?" Harry w...
14.8K 443 10
~Sequel to That Should Be Me: a Larry Stylinson Fanfic ~ It wasn't like Niall Horan had an unrequited love over Liam Payne for years. Heck, he couldn...
82.3K 3.5K 43
"You've got my devotion, but man I can hate you sometimes." In one year, Harry Styles' entire world flips upside down. With his father and sister gon...
561K 6.5K 26
Larry Stylinson... The mash up name that drilled its way into Harry Styles' head. He never hesitated to admit they would fake romantic scenes and kis...