Mission Jasmine » Kickin' It...

By ShayWritesFanfics

❝You really want me to go in there and tell him there's no hope? That the practical love of his life is no wh... More

DISCLAIMER
1. It Will Never Be Okay
2. We're Not a Drug Task Force
3. Bathroom Break, Please
4. Soul Taking and Soul Breaking
5. Empty Notes and Empty Rooms
6. Rowdy Rudy
7. Three Sides to a Person
8. Sometimes, You Need a Break
9. Thugs, Thugs, and Oh Right, Thugs! Part 1
10. Thugs, Thugs, and Oh Right, Thugs! Part 2
11. Thugs, Thugs, and Oh Right, Thugs! Part 3
12. Thugs, Thugs, and Oh Right, Thugs! Part 4
13. The Aftermath
14. Jerry Rigging
15. I Am In...
16. New York Times Part 1
17. New York Times Part 2
18. Back to the Beach
19. Something Happened Twice
20. The Great Escape
21. Lighthouses Can Be Dark

22. The Funeral To End It All

129 3 0
By ShayWritesFanfics

Original Stats:
224 Views. 11 Votes. 2 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

The Funeral To End It All

━━━━━━━━━

Some say that kidnapping changes you. They say that it's one experience that you'll never forget. That one thing, was true for Jasmine Kang.

After the many who moved back to Seaford graduated from high school, their real lives began.

Jack and Kim still own the Wasabi Warrior's dojo to this day. They reign as national and worldwide champions in karate as well.

Jerry and Mika, stayed in Seaford along with their two best friends. Mika becoming a language teacher, and Jerry, running the bowling alley he took over from Phil.

Garrett and Delia, got married halfway through college. Garrett graduated with a degree in sports medicine, and Delia, a degree in physiology. They moved to San Francisco, California. But still visit Seaford as often as they can.

Milton and Grey, took over the teen spy program, moving to DC right after high school graduation. They now hold a more careful screening process.

And last but not least, Ricky and Jasmine ended up famous. Not only doesn't Ricky hold many award winning albums under his belt, but Jasmine is now a world famous fashion designer. She was also able to write a book about the groups' experience towards the end of the high school years. The two now reside in Los Angeles.

But before we jump ahead of ourselves, let's see how the story really ends.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.

"Today we gather..."

That was the last thing she could remember about the funeral.

The rest of the time she spent there, she had tuned out the man reciting Shane's incredible life. Some statements were indeed true, Shane was a stand up guy before entering into the spy program. The rest of the man's words about Shane, were anything but.

He spoke of how Shane had helped people while away in Arabia. He helped put at hospitals, saving a mere three out of five people's lives.

Jasmine chalked it up to Shane giving them steroids.

There was one portion where he muddled up the kidnapping. Leaving Shane in the good as taking Jasmine to protect her from the bad to the bone, Ricky Weaver.

There were tears shed, but none from the group of Seaford and Evanston. They stayed silent as they stood, watching the body closely. Jasmine could feel the eyes on her as the priest spoke of the last of Shane's life. How he had been involved in a whirlwind romance. How he had truly lived life to the fullest.

As the group broke along with the end of the ceremony, Jasmine swiftly shoved the note she had written to the others into the casket, brushing away a small tear as she jetted off towards the road behind the cemetery. That, was where the limo was waiting.

Kim watched as Jasmine stopped just in front of the limo door, almost staring at herself as Ricky raced after the girl. Kim shook her head, pulling her boyfriend into her side as the group of six walked in closer towards the open casket. Jack held Kim close as the six peered over the side. This would be hard for them all.

The six stared down at the lifeless body, the one that the last time they had seen, held an evil look in his eyes. How he looked to know exactly what he was doing. The one now dead, would not be missed by any of them.

"You think he's alive in there?" Delia ventured with a twisted grin.

"Delia!" Garrett hissed. Kim's face twisted in disgust as Garrett swiftly elbowed Delia in the side.

"What! I was kidding. You know you were all thinking it." Delia brushed off as she crossed her arms over her chest. Garrett shook his head as he let his arm wrap around his girlfriend's shoulders, trying to ignore her statement. These two, along with Kim, were the only ones to have never known Shane fully.

"He's not alive, is he?" Garrett asked quickly as the worry rose within the boy. Delia broke a small smile as she patted Garrett on the chest, watching as Kim shook her head.

"No! Why would he be alive!" Kim groaned, resting her head back against Jack's chest. Those two could be quite the handful. The group stayed quiet until another consultancy was made towards a family member about forty feet from the casket. Grey huffed in anger.

"I can't believe how many people showed up to this thing! It was a joke!" Grey scoffed with a small head shake. "Shane was sick, twisted, and was a horrible spy. Not to mention, all of that stuff in the ceremony, wasn't true. They made it sound like Shane didn't torture Jasmine, or try to kill her!"

"Don't be rude." Milton mumbled, receiving a few glares from the others. "What?"

"Are you defending him?" Jack asked, his left eyebrow cocked in suspicion of his friend. Milton swiftly shook his head.

"No! Trust me when I say I hate him as much as the rest of you, but at least I keep in mind that his family's standing right next to us." Milton huffed. The five warily glanced from side to side, catching the evil eye from about ten different people, all who seemed to have known the better version of Shane. They didn't exactly want to her a rehashing of the kidnapping and drug dealing that the papers across the U.S. depicted.

"Sorry." The five muttered in union.

Jasmine smoothed out the bottom of her dress, glancing herself over in the reflection of the limo. She could feel Ricky's arm snake around her waist, holding her close as the fingers from his other hand smoothed over the tattoo still resting in her arm.

"The ceremony sucked." Jasmine mussed, her words almost bringing a smile to her own face as she watched Ricky nod in agreement.

"Well, he sucked too." He said, his eyebrows furrowing as he took a closer look at the artwork. "It's fitting."

"The tattoo or the sucky ceremony?" She asked, getting right to the point. If she had learned anything from her time with Shane, it was to get right to the point. Life was short, you could die at any second. So why waste time beating around the bush with issues so small.

"The ceremony. Why would the tattoo be fitting?" He asked, sending Jasmine a small frown as he pulled her around to face him fully. The others were still standing above the open casket. They all had to see it for themselves that the kidnapper was truly dead. He could see the look in Kim's eyes on the drive over from the hotel. She needed to see it for herself that the monster was gone.

"I don't know, you were looking at it." Jasmine shrugged as she began to play with the collar of Ricky's shirt.

"You should get rid of it." Ricky finally spoke. He had been holding those words in since the second he had seen the thing while Jasmine was in the hospital. It had been almost two weeks since. The authorities had had far too much trouble moving Shane's body back to DC for burial.

"I don't think so." Jasmine said as she shook her head, getting one of the weirdest looks from Ricky she had ever seen.

"Why the hell not?" He asked in disgust. "After all that you went through?" Ricky could feel himself slowly but surely getting worked up yet again. Just hearing the stories made his stomach turn, let alone standing at the boy's funeral. Why did they even have to come today? Other than the fact that they had to see him go deep into the ground.

"Well for one thing, it would hurt, probably worse than actually getting the thing." Jasmine reasoned. "And second, like you said, it shows all that I went through. If I'm going to be known for the rest of my life as the girl who lived, why not have something to show for it. Yeah, it sucked, and I'm still living with the nightmares. But this, reminds me that I'm back with you." Jasmine said with a smile. "After all that, I couldn't ask for anything better." She watched as Ricky's face slowly grew red with embarrassment. He was still the reason she survived, and he always would be.

"So you liked the necklace, then?" Ricky teased as his fingers reached up to clasp around the small object. Truth be told, Jasmine hadn't taken it off since the second she found the object.

"Yes." She laughed, throwing her head back a little before hearing someone clear their throat at their side. Ricky's arms suddenly left her as her boyfriend slammed back into the limo with a push from a middle aged man.

"You!" He yelled angrily. "You killed him!" He continued, pointing his finger closely at Jasmine Kang herself. Jasmine's face scrunched up in confusion before all the pieces of the puzzle were put together. This man, struck the same fear in her as Shane had back at the warehouse, apartment and lighthouse.

"I did kill him." Jasmine agreed simply, crossing her arms over her chest as she did. The whole funeral party, those who had yet to disband anyways, turned to watch as the scene played out. The scene between Jasmine and Shane's father. "But if I didn't, you would have had to live with the fact that your son, was a living drug dealer, drug ring leader, kidnapper and two time killer. Now, you only have to live with the fact that he was, all those things. He isn't anymore, because of me." Jasmine bit back, feeling Ricky appear at her side as he reached down and locked their hands together.

"You should be thanking her." Ricky continued for her. "You never liked him, anyways." Ricky finished just as security came around and pulled the man away. Jasmine turned to watch as the six swiftly made their way over to the limo, forgetting they felt the need to watch Shane's dead body for the time being.

"Jas, are you okay?" Kim asked worriedly, ripping her hand away from Jack for only a second as she looked over her friend. Jasmine nodded numbly, wishing deep inside that what had just happened, wouldn't have. She was so done with all the attention she was getting.

"Yeah." She breathed warily as Ricky pushed a stray strand of hair out of her face.

"Say what you want about that guy, but I've never seen you that mad. You, were awesome." Delia congratulated with a pat to the shoulder. Jasmine smiled, shaking her head at the group as Milton and Grey leaned back against the limo along with them.

"Is anyone hungry?" Jack ventured, getting a laugh from Milton.

"I could go for lunch." He teased, sending a high five his best friends' way. Ricky rolled his eyes as he popped open the door to the limo, ushering the others inside. He turned to see Jasmine looking off towards the slowly lowering casket, a lost look in the girl's eyes.

"You ready Jas?" Ricky called, bringing Jasmine's attention back to Ricky once again. Everything was going to be okay now. She could start her senior year over again with the people she loved, and stay as far away from the east coast as possible. What more could she ask for?

"Yeah." She said as she strutted back over to the limo, interlocking her fingers with Ricky's. "Thanks for asking."

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either this profile or Smilie254 when you can!

~Shay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 655 22
Addison Mitchell is a 16-year-old, gay, young man who was kidnapped by a single, childless woman while at the local park with his Nanny. The Nanny wa...
69.1K 2.4K 32
Sequel to Choosing Wrong. (Strongly suggested to read Choosing Wrong first.) ***** "Logan Miller, you are under arrest for several criminal convicti...
91.7K 3.3K 39
[Can't be read as a stand alone] A sequel to Mate? Mate. You should probably read that book first or this book won't make any sense. Jasmine Thomas...
116K 4.9K 38
Sequel to.... A Kidnapper's Love if you haven't read A Kidnapper's Love do so.... THIS IS THE SEQUEL A Yandy and Emily Story Book 2