Mission Jasmine » Kickin' It...

Από ShayWritesFanfics

❝You really want me to go in there and tell him there's no hope? That the practical love of his life is no wh... Περισσότερα

DISCLAIMER
1. It Will Never Be Okay
2. We're Not a Drug Task Force
3. Bathroom Break, Please
4. Soul Taking and Soul Breaking
5. Empty Notes and Empty Rooms
6. Rowdy Rudy
7. Three Sides to a Person
8. Sometimes, You Need a Break
9. Thugs, Thugs, and Oh Right, Thugs! Part 1
10. Thugs, Thugs, and Oh Right, Thugs! Part 2
11. Thugs, Thugs, and Oh Right, Thugs! Part 3
12. Thugs, Thugs, and Oh Right, Thugs! Part 4
13. The Aftermath
14. Jerry Rigging
15. I Am In...
16. New York Times Part 1
18. Back to the Beach
19. Something Happened Twice
20. The Great Escape
21. Lighthouses Can Be Dark
22. The Funeral To End It All

17. New York Times Part 2

51 3 0
Από ShayWritesFanfics

Original Stats:
127 Views. 6 Votes. 1 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

New York Times Part 2

━━━━━━━━━

The two had ridden in complete silence back to the hotel. Neither of them saying even a word about what had just happened, but Kim had seen it. She had watched it play out both up on the roof, and when they were in the car. She could even see it right now as they were walking back to their hotel room.

Ricky was mad. He was so furious that he probably couldn't come up with a clear thought. He had been stomping up the stairs, refusing to take the elevator, and never looking back. But it wasn't only the anger Kim could see, it was the sadness. The utter heartbreak he was going through all at the same time.

Jasmine had completely rejected them. She had shot down Ricky seemingly before Kim had even gotten onto the roof. She could only imagine the things she had said to him. If it had hurt fro Kim, it was sure to have hurt Ricky even worse.

The pair stopped just outside of their hotel room, a room they hadn't yet been in. They had been so preoccupied with saving Jasmine, they had let the driver take their things to the hotel. What a bust of an idea that was. Kim still couldn't wrap her mind around what had happened.

Ricky tugged the key card out of his pocket, shoving it against the sensor and pushing the door wide open. Deep inside, he was ragging, his heart was wrenching with the pain of losing Jasmine. Especially with how long they had fought to bring her home. He was about to blow.

"Why!" Ricky yelled as he threw his phone at the wall, the case flipping off and the glass screen shattering with it hitting the ground. Ricky forced out a breath as he tried to contain himself, only for him to blow up even more. "Why would she pick Shane?" He continued to yelled, slamming his hands down on the desk in anger as Kim quickly made her way inside, shutting the door behind them. She walked in warily, not knowing what to do as she could hear the panting coming from Ricky. He was still mad, angry to the point of no return, but Kim understood that much. This was insane. The love of his life had already fallen for someone else? That someone else being their very own rouge teen spy that had kidnapped her only a few months ago.

Jasmine never considered the love she was letting go.

"She doesn't even know what she's doing." Kim huffed as she brushed her hair into a high pony tail. Her hair had been getting in her face the entire time they had been up on the roof. "Who could she ever think she's in love with Shane? You were right there in front of her!"

Ricky shook his head, half not wanting to talk about it. But the other half of him, had to get it out. Yes, the wound still stung very deep, but Kim was practically the only one who knew what he was going through. Even if she hadn't gone through it herself.

"Maybe it's true." Ricky huffed in aggravation. "Maybe she really does love him. I mean, look at her. He got her new clothes, they live together in this fancy apartment, and he even got her a gold necklace. What the hell was that anyways? Some kind of promise? And he kept calling her my flower." Ricky went on. "My flower, my flower, my flower!" Kim shook her head, a memory flashing over her vision.

"I don't know what the necklace meant, but Jack said that Shane secretly wanted to be a florist. The spy kids used to tease him about it when they were up there in Washington. His dad wasn't okay with it either, so he went into the spy program and tried to forget about it. Apparently everything got messed up when he did join, though. He wasn't evil until then." Kim explained. "No wonder he calls Jasmine that. She's like the light of his life in some twisted way. Just like his old career dream."

Ricky bit hard into his bottom as he held back the many curse words that threatened to escape his lips. Everything felt as though it was piling on top of him all at once. He just needed a minute to take it all in.

"She choose him." He muttered, almost scoffed. "She choose the guy that she should be most afraid of."

Kim sighed, watching him closely as he tossed his jacket over and onto the large bed to his right. He still look angered, and she could only think of one way to stop it. She quickly made her way over to him, placing her hands on either side of his face before shoving her lips onto his.

The kiss seared into both of them, heated and loving as Ricky pulled Kim in closer. He kept his hands on her hips as his fingers dug dangerously deep into her skin, his short nails somehow feeling as though they would leave marks.

Ricky swooped her up, placing her roughly onto the desk at his left, pulling her into him as he wanted her to be closer to him. But that was all before he registered what he was doing. What he shouldn't be doing, as a matter of fact.

He pulled away quickly and spun around, not wanting to face her as Kim simply sat there, dumbfounded by what had just happened. Just a mere second ago they had been kissing.

"That meant nothing." Ricky muttered, running his hands through his hair. He knew deep down that the kiss, had done nothing for him. Kim was his friend, and that information had finally caught up to him. Kim had been right back in Florida, he was putting his feelings for Jasmine onto her. And now, just now, he only had gone through with the kiss because he was upset. Kim had seen that, and had acted even without running over her own feelings. The feelings he knew she didn't have for him.

"What do you mean, nothing?" Kim whispered warily, half hoping his words were true. The little bit of Kim's middle school self had been dreaming of this moment since back then. Kissing the one and only, Ricky Weaver. But then her self, the one she knew now, finally realized what she had done. She didn't want this. She didn't want any of this.

"I mean I felt nothing. Like I don't have feelings for you in that way." Ricky finally reviewed as he turned to face her. "You're my best friend, the one person who means the most to me right now. Especially after what just happened up there. I have no one, but you. Excluding Garrett and Dels for the time being." Ricky went on, small tears coming to his eyes as he spoke. Kim shook her head, wondering just what was underneath his words.

"What do you mean?" She asked as she played with her hands. "You have millions of people that adore you. Nonetheless, a family that loves and supports you. How else would you have made it this far?"

"My parents are dead too, Kim." Ricky spit out, the words widening her eyes a bit in shock. "They died last year in some freak car accident. Sometime after I got involved with the guys in Arabia. I wouldn't be surprised if those two incidents were connected." Ricky huffed, letting his sight fall to the ground as Kim began to feel the shame piling onto her shoulders. No wonder Ricky didn't talk with her for an entire day after he kissed her. Now she knew how it felt to be on the other side of things.

"So this entire time, you've really-"

"Just had the four of you?" Ricky finished for her. "Yeah. It's just been you, Jas, Dels, and Garrett that have been there for me. You guys are my new family, the ones I wanted to continue my life with. But then Shane had to come in, and ruin everything again. Just because I made one, stupid little mistake. One that I know, is going to haunt me for the rest of my life." Ricky got out, feeling a small tear slip down his face as it really hit him. Jasmine was gone. He only had three people left, and he had lost yet another person that he had cared dearly for.

He just needed to stop caring about people.

But even though he had lost her, it was the worse kind of loss. The kind where they're still there, still in the world, but you can't do anything about how they feel about you. Like you could be in love with them for the rest of your life, and never be able to tell them simply because they have killed you off in their own mind. The kind of loss where you have to make them dead to yourself as well.

"I'm so sorry, Ricky." Kim breathed, internally cringing at what she had just done. She had thrown herself at her childhood crush simply because it was the only way she could think of to make him feel better. That was the only way she thought she could reverse what kind of wrong Shane had done to her best friend. She had done exactly what Ricky had done to her the other night.

"It's fine." Ricky brushed off, just as he brushed away the tears on his face. "It's not like you knew."

"Well, not only for that." Kim continued, the guilt building inside of her. "I'm sorry for kissing you. There was no reason I should have done that."

"And I'm sorry I kissed back." Ricky teased. He could feel the guilt from the night they found Eddy begin to diminish. It would never really go away, leave him completely, but he could finally start to get over what he had done to Kim. At least now she understood what mindset he was in at that moment.

"So what can I do instead?" Kim ventured warily. The two had been through so much lately. It almost seemed impossible to help the other heal anymore. These were wounds they would have to live with forever.

"You can be there for me, in another way of course. Not that I didn't appreciate the kiss." Ricky teased, sending a small seductive wink to Kim as he pulled her into a hug. He had gotten the past and present confused, the lines blurred to the point where he didn't know which was which. But now he knew, even though he had lost Jasmine, and his feelings for Kim had been mistaken, he was just glad he had her as a friend. A best friend even. One that would stick with him through this horrid story of a life he was now forced to live.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.

Jasmine could feel a wide smile hit her face as she raced into the apartment, the thug stopping outside the door to fix it as he allowed the two a moment alone. Apparently Kim and Ricky had been a little overzealous when trying to find her.

Jasmine spun around, her eyes meeting Shane's happily before she bounded into his arms. Jasmine could hear a small grunt come from him as he picked her up and twirled her around. Nothing could beat this moment. Everything seemed right, almost perfect. This, right here, was where she was meant to be.

"I can't believe we did it." Jasmine breathed, feeling all the weight being lifted off her shoulders. It was as if nothing could get in the way of her mood right now. Nothing could ruin how right everything had been going. It could only go up from here. Just like it had been.

"You, did it." Shane corrected. "My flower, it was you. You sealed the deal. If it wasn't for you, I would be locked up, and you, would be taken back into the custody of those..." Shane left off as he gently set her back down onto the ground. Jasmine landed soundly, her eyes looking straight into Shane's as he shook his head. "Nonetheless, we are here. Safe and sound, just like I had hoped. We have to celebrate!" He cheered before racing off towards the kitchen.

"How so?" Jasmine wondered aloud as she strolled in with him. She stood back as he glanced around the cupboards, trying to find something.

"New plan, we'll go out to eat! How else would we make a moment out of such a joyous occasion." Shane said with a loving smile before he took Jasmine's hand into his own. He sent her a wink before leaning in and placing a kiss to her cheek.

It felt as though nothing could get better. Shane was giving her freedom, the two were getting to stay together. Everything was going to be okay.

But Ricky's face continued to play across her vision, the face of the broken boy that had shown love and admiration for her up until the end. The ending where Jasmine ripped his heart to shreds and kept the pieces for herself.

That was one feeling she wasn't sure if she would be able to live with.

"Come, my flower." Shane called, pulling her over towards the door. "We must celebrate what you've done."

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either this profile or Smilie254 when you can!

~Shay

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

174K 2.1K 90
The title of the book says everything what this book is about.Requests are open and u can request them by Instagram.It makes it easier for me since t...
J + J Από Miss_Durst

Εφηβική Φαντασία

787 56 47
COMPLETE Two lovers. Deeply in love with each other. Will they confess their undieing love for each other or not? Jose, Jesse's older brother, soon...
64.4K 3.4K 42
(COMPLETED) Book 2 of the It Just Happened Series. This is the continuation to It Just Happened. I would advise you to read that first before reading...
15.3K 811 31
Book 2 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. **** 🌟🌟I do not own rights to the song lyrics in the book. All rights go to the writers. 🌟🌟 Shaneil...