The Baby Stand (Completed)

By Cooler_Than_You_101

One night stands are tricky. Especially when there aren't any condoms involved. ... Stila: the 24-year... More

Prologue
CHARACTER CHART!
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Four: Version 2.0
Chapter Five: 2 Months Later
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen!
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Seventeen, Part 2
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter THIRTY BITCHES
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three Part One
Chapter Thirty-Three Part 2
Chapter Thirty-Four
Epilogue
Authors Note :)
New Book!!!

Chapter Eighteen

82.2K 2.3K 61
By Cooler_Than_You_101

PLEASE VOTE, FOLLOW, AND COMMENT!!

Chapter Eighteen

Week 21- The baby's fingers and toes are completely formed, including finger and toe prints. Jerking movements can be noticed, that is the baby hiccuping.

__________

"Clyde!" I yelled, sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn on my lap.

"What?" He yelled back to me, behind the closed doors of the bathroom.

"The movie's starting! You'll miss it!"

"Oh, darn," He yelled back sarcastically, opening the bathroom door.

It was my night to pick a movie, and so I chose The secret life of pets. Clyde was more into dramatic action and said that we should wait to watch the kid shows until our little peanut came.

"Stop being such a drama queen and come here," I told him, a grin taking over my face.

He walked into the kitchen and came out with a glass of water, handing it to me while I groaned.

"I'm drinking enough water, I promise," I told him, taking a sip.

"Just to be sure. I want you and our little guy safe, just let me help you," He replied, settling himself next to me and moving his arm around me.

We began watching the movie, and although Clyde was reluctant on watching it, he seemed to be enjoying himself. About halfway, we paused it on the evil rabbit so that I could quickly use the bathroom.

"Ugh, stupid pregnant bladders," Clyde mumbled, letting me out of the safety of his arms.

Quickly using the bathroom, I walked back out to see Clyde leaning forward texting on his phone, with a small wrinkle on his forehead.

"Hey, whats up?" I asked him, settling back on the couch.

"My mom wants to meet you. She's insisting we go to dinner with her and my sister tomorrow and she's refusing to accept my no," He said, looking up at me with begging eyes.

"So then say yes," I replied.

"Are you sure?" He asked, excitement clouding over his features.

"Yeah, it's also a good time to tell her the gender of the baby," I said, relaxing back into the crack of his arm while he hastily made a quick reply to his mom.

"Thanks, babe," He said, pressing play and we went back to our relaxing, movie night.

⬤⬤⬤

"Stila, for god sakes, you don't need makeup to make you beautiful. You already are! It's making us late to everything," Clyde said, standing in the doorway and glaring at me.

So maybe we're a little late to go and see his mother and sister. But it's all because of him. We had a steamy makeout session, and if his mother hadn't called him, we would have probably gone further.

We were supposed to meet them at 6, and it is now 6:07 pm.

"Maybe if you weren't so distracting, I would've been ready," I said, glaring right back at him.

I just finished putting on my mascara, and now the only thing left to do was put on lip gloss. Going with my trusty Maybelline, I applied a thin layer and walked into my closet, quickly picking out an outfit and getting dressed.

"Okay, let's go!" I said, walking out of the closet and putting my shoes on before we both left and got into his car.

By the time we arrived at the restaurant, it was already 6:30.

"She already hates me. We're 30 minutes late!" I told him, grabbing his hand and walking with him to the entrance.

"She won't hate you, I promise babe," He said, opening the door and gesturing me in first.

"Hello, do you have any reservations?" The hostess asks, looking greedily at Clyde.

"Yes, I believe my mothers already here. Under the name Lyles," he told her while kissing the top of my head.

"Right this way," She said with a forced smile.

We began walking, and I couldn't help to move into Clyde's chest every step we took.

"Stop being so nervous," He whispered to me.

We rounded a corner and instantly I was greeted with the sight of two faces that replicated Clyde's. They both had blue eyes and bleach blonde hair, and were seated at the table and were quietly arguing over something.

We got the older one's attention, and instantly she gave us a beaming smile. "Clyde, my baby!" She said, getting up from the table to show us her 5'6" height, and hugging Clyde.

"And you must be Stila," She said, moving Clyde over so that she could give me the same crunching hug she gave Clyde.

"Hello," I said, awkwardly hugging her in return.

"You can call me Janie. And this is my daughter, Julia," She said, sitting back down next to her daughter and gesturing me and Clyde to sit across from her.

"So, Stila. What do you do for work?" She asked me, taking a drink from her glass full of water.

"I'm an assistant to Telecable CEO, Craig Tele," I reply, smiling.

"That must be torture!" She gasped dramatically, putting her hand over her heart.

"Sometimes it is, but the pay is amazing," I tell her.

"May I get you two something to drink?" The Waitress asks, coming over and putting her hand up so that it was poised over her notepad.

"Yes, please. I'll take whatever wine she's having," he said, pointing to Julia's wine glass.

"And you?"

"A lemon water, please," I tell her, opening my menu to browse food selections.

"I don't think they have Nutella and pickles here," Clyde says, smirking.

"Nutella and pickles?" His mom asked, with a perplexed expression.

"That's her pregnancy craving, god knows why."

"When I was pregnant with you, mine was McDonald cookies. It was really unhealthy, I'd eat at least 6 a day," she said, laughing.

"Well, now I'm thankful."

Finally settling with chicken alfredo, I closed my menu and grabbed Clyde's seeking hand under the table.

"So how was your cruise?" I ask Julia and Janie.

"It was amazing! Although, I do wish it wasn't over thanksgiving. I missed seeing my beautiful sons face," Janie replied, reaching over the table and squeezing Clyde's cheeks.

"Mom," he said, blushing and swatting her hands away.

"I'd miss him, too," I told her, staring at Clyde's face dreamily.

"Here are your drinks!" The waitress interrupted, plopping them down and taking out her notepad again. "Are you guys ready to order?"

We all listed off our orders, and the waitress happily left us again.

"We've got something to tell you, guys," Clyde said bringing our interlocked hands on top of the table. Julia, who was quiet until now, started getting antsy in her seat and kept asking what it was. "Well, we found out the gender of the baby a few weeks ago..."

"A few WEEKS ago?" Julia shrieked, glaring at her brother menacingly. "I told you I wanted to know right away, you butthead."

"Julia, stop shrieking. You're a 22-year-old college senior, for fuck's sake," Clyde muttered, using his other hand to rub one of his ears.

"You should've told me soon," She quickly said back, crossing her arms and sticking out her tongue.

Instantly, from that moment on, I knew I'd like her. She was serious or she was childish, and I loved her for it.

"Would you like to know now? Or should you find out at birth?" Clyde snarkily said.

"Clyde, for fuck's sake, just tell us!" Janie said excitement laced in her eyes.

"We're having a boy," he said, beaming down at me.

They both got up, screeching, and hugged each of us, congratulating and making plans for the baby's future.

Our food came, and we ate while talking about the baby. They talked about getting in touch with my mother to plan a baby shower and talked about all the things that were going to be needed, including lots of toy cars.

When we left, I was satisfied with how meeting Clyde's family for the first time went. I couldn't wait to see them again, they were a really amazing team and the way they couldn't stop rambling about the baby made me feel welcomed as if I didn't have a one night stand with their son/brother.

Giddy with impatience, I put my hand on my stomach and rubbed in small circles, excited for what was to come. 

___________

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN DONE! 

Song This Chapter: In The name of love by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha

I still need boys names!! Pleeeeaseeee comment them. Seriously, like I can't make an upcoming chapter without a name and I'm bad at names so Spout them off!

Xoxo, Cooler_Than_You_101

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 117K 54
[Editing] He's the grumpy CEO of the company she works for. The very boss, no one gets enough words with before he pushes them far away. And then Sie...
94.2K 12.7K 48
Too old. Too tall. Too rich. Too out of my league. That's Aryan Arora, the billionaire CEO for me. But apparently, he is the perfect marri...
266K 9.9K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
5.6M 158K 48
Aidan, a billionaire and CEO of Empire is known for the title 'Top 5 Hottest Bachelor' for two reasons. He is extremely good-looking and for not want...