Creatures from the Ocean (Sci...

By paris_girl22

Stiles Stilinski has been living in Beacon Hills for quite some time now. He's made great friends who have be... More

1: Everything Changes
2: A Secret to Hide
3: A Dumb Decision?
4: Weekend Getaway Disaster
5: Alone
6: Lesson Number One
7: The Siren's Song
8: A Strange New Feeling
9: New Threats, Nostalgia and Surprises
10: Dangerously Close
11: Stilinski Reunion
12: The Movies
13: Loyalty
14: The Hunters
15: Trapped
16: Saving Stiles
17: Pep Talks
18: Missing Home
19: Theo's Threats
20: Concern
21: Suspicion
22: Moving out of Scott's house
23: Pack Sleepover Fun
24: Nightmare? Or something more?
25: Kira Knows
26: The Discovery of Merpeople
27: Getting to know Kara
28: The Aquarium
29: Setting Up a Date
30: The Truth
31: Standing Strong
32: New Revelations
33: The New Girl
34: Disagreements and Disappointment
35: Jealousy
36: The Darker Side of Samantha Worthington
37: Making Up?
38: Not Alone
39: A Fatal Shot
40: Melissa and Stiles
41: The Whole Truth
42: Poor, Unfortunate Souls
43: Finding the Cure
44: Saving Scott
45: An Important Heart to Heart
46: Dread Doctors
47: Shock and Disbelief
48: What it really means to have a best friend
49: Danny's Party
51: Uncertainty
52: Love Hurts
Exciting Announcement!
CROSSOVER - Part 2
CROSSOVER - Part 3
CROSSOVER - Part 4
CROSSOVER - Part 5
CROSSOVER - Part 6
CROSSOVER - Part 7
CROSSOVER - Part 8
CROSSOVER - Part 9
CROSSOVER - Part 10
CROSSOVER - Part 11
CROSSOVER - Part 12
CROSSOVER - Part 13
CROSSOVER - Part 14
CROSSOVER - Part 15
CROSSOVER - Part 16
CROSSOVER - Part 17
CROSSOVER - Part 18
CROSSOVER - Part 19
CROSSOVER - Part 20
CROSSOVER - Part 21
53: A Wendigo?
54: Stiles' Anchor
55: Sleep Deprivation
56: Something Suspicious
57: Manipulation
58: Just Like Strangers
59: Betrayed and Heartbroken
60: True Love
61: Confessions and Discoveries
62: Planning
63: First Date - Part One
64: First Date - Part Two
65: Filling In The Blanks
66: The Perfect Hybrid
67: Hybrids and Tridents
68: More 'Nightmares'
69: Stiles Through the Looking Glass
70: Journey to Atlantia
71: Childhood Friends Reunited
72: The Beginning of the End
73: The Final Battle
74: Success
75: The Aftermath
76: Stiles' Birthday
77: Ceremony Preparations and Jitters
78: Celebrations *FINAL CHAPTER*
Important Announcement!
THE SEQUEL IS UP

50: Hallucinations

3.5K 166 77
By paris_girl22

Kira POV

I don't understand. One minute I'm dancing with Stiles and now I'm in the middle of a graveyard! "Hello?" I call out into the darkness. Of course, no one responds. All I hear is the rustling of the leaves blowing across the ground. For some reason, I have an urge to walk forward, so I do. However, at the same time, a feeling of dread washes over me. I walk up to a gravestone. Curiosity consuming me, I get out my phone and turn on the flashlight. I gasp and stumble backwards. "No!" I yell in denial as I fall to the ground. On the grave, it reads: In loving memory of Scott McCall. A kind friend, a loving husband, a caring father and a precious son. My heartbeat starts speeding up. Slowly, I shine my phone's flashlight on the other graves in the area. To my horror, they all read the names of my friends and family. Mom, Dad, Stiles, Lydia, Malia, Isaac, Kara, Liam, Derek and Deaton. All of them are dead. Flowers litter the graves. I start to hyperventilate. No, this can't be happening, no! Tears roll down my cheeks. I feel so lost and confused. Only a couple minutes ago I was at a party, dancing with Stiles. How could life have gone so fast? How long has it been since the party? How old am I? How could I forget so many years of my life between that party at the loft and now? When can I join the people I love again? I quickly get to my feet and walk to my mom's grave. I place my hand on the stone. "I don't know what to do, Mom. I wish you were here to help me." I admit in a small voice. After a few moments, I crumble to my knees, place my head in my hands and start crying.

Suddenly, I feel someone place a hand on my shoulder. Music booms loudly around me. I gasp and open my eyes. I realize that I'm kneeling in the corner of Derek's loft. I look up to see the person who grabbed my shoulder. It's Stiles. "Kira, you're okay. You're safe," Stiles assures me over the loud music. I quickly stand up and pull Stiles into a hug. "What was that? Why did I see that? What happened to me? What happened?" I ask desperately and shakily as I cry into his shoulder. Stiles hugs me tightly and comfortingly, assuring me that everything is going to be okay. Once I have calmed down, I break away from him. I wipe my eyes and sniffle. "What happened?" I ask again.

"I'm not sure exactly, but I have a feeling that there was something in the drinks that made us see one of our greatest fears." Stiles explains. I nod my head in understanding. It makes sense. It felt like I was living in a nightmare. Stiles grabs my hand. "Come on, we have to find the others." Stiles tells me before he starts to pull me through the crowd. We shout out our friends' names and search desperately for them.

Isaac POV

"No... This can't be happening. You're dead." I tremble in fear and cower in a corner as my father looms over me. He holds an empty beer bottle in his hand. "Believe me, I am not dead. You're a disgrace, Isaac. You're a filthy, monstrous mutt. I wish you weren't my son. You need to be put down." Dad tells me with an evil glare. I slide down the wall, all of my bravery gone.

"Please don't hurt me again," I whimper, tears forming in my eyes. He doesn't listen. He grabs me by the collar of my shirt and throws me across the room. He starts kicking me repeatedly in the stomach and smashes the beer bottle down on my head. I squeeze my eyes tight shut and cry, wishing that all the pain would disappear. Suddenly, I feel someone shaking me and shouting my name. I open my eyes and gasp. I am not in my house anymore, I am back at Derek's loft. I look around me at all the partying teenagers, loud music playing over the speakers. Suddenly, my eyes focus on Kira. She's looking at me with worry. I stop shaking. It wasn't real. I breathe a sigh of relief, but I am still confused. "What... What happened?" I frown. Once Kira explains, the two of us split up to search for the others. I find Kara amongst a crowd of teenagers. I push past them and hold onto Kara's shoulders. Her eyes are glazed over and unfocused. She looks devastated for some reason. "Kara! Kara, wake up! It's okay! You're okay! We're okay!" I shout at her. I squeeze her shoulders tightly. After a few seconds, she blinks rapidly and starts to look around in confusion. I can hear her heartbeat going through the roof, even with all the loud teenagers and music. Tears form in her eyes. "Isaac?" She asks uncertainly.

"Yes, it's me." I reply. Kara runs into my arms and hugs me tightly. I hug her back, trying to comfort her. I wonder what she saw. Once we break apart, she looks up at me with distraught eyes. "I... I watched you die... You fell in the water... I-I couldn't s-ave you in time..." She stutters.

"Shh, it's okay, I promise. We are okay." I tell her. I hold onto her hands gently. Kara nods and calms down a lot more.

"Come on, we need to find the others." I say as I start pushing through the crowd. Kara follows me in pursuit.

Third Person POV

One by one, the pack manages to regroup. As they are found, they are all utterly confused and terrified about what has just happened, but when someone else explains the situation, they manage to calm down. Everyone is themselves again and are standing by the front door. Well, that is everyone except for Scott. Stiles scans the room worriedly. He sees other teenagers start to freak out randomly in the room, so he assumes that the drink is affecting everyone who had it. "Where is he?" Stiles shouts over the loud music.

"I don't know, there are too many people in here to pick up his scent!" Liam shouts back. Kara holds onto Isaac's hand for comfort. She is worried about the True Alpha. She is also worried about Stiles. He doesn't seem to be showing it, but Kara can tell that he's freaking out on the inside. Samantha on the other hand is definitely freaking out and letting everybody else know it. "Where is my baby? Is he okay? What is happening to him? Has he been taken?" Samantha asks in a loud, panicky voice, her heart hammering against her chest. "He should have been found by now!" Samantha exclaims as she starts to cry. Kira rolls her eyes. "Shut up, Samantha! It's hard enough to think with this loud music, but your unnecessary babbling is making it worse!" Kira shouts in annoyance. Surprised by Kira's outburst, Samantha falls silent. Everyone continues searching the room. That is, until Stiles has finally had enough. "That's it, we're not having any luck here, so I'm going back into the crowd to look for him. Maybe he snuck past the DJ and went outside, so I'll check there too. You guys keep watch from here. I'll be back soon." Stiles states before running towards the crowd. "Why haven't we found him yet?" Malia asks as she bites her lip.

"We haven't looked hard enough, I guess. It's a big area and it is quite dark. We could have easily missed him or he managed to slip by us." Lydia suggests.

"How on earth did you lose him?" Liam turns to Samantha, raising his eyebrows.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe when I started freaking hallucinating!" Samantha retorts sharply. Liam sighs and looks away.

"There is no need to yell at us, Samantha. We all want to find him." Lydia points out. Samantha bitterly thinks to herself that there are definitely some here that want to find him more than others. "I know, I'm sorry." Samantha replies almost immediately, but doesn't actually feel any sorrow at all.

Scott POV

As I'm dancing with Samantha, I start to feel weird. She asked me what was wrong, but I told her it was okay, I just needed a bit of air. My head starts to ache and the world starts to spin as I stumble past people. I grip onto the DJ's desk to stop myself from falling over. I almost feel like I want to throw up. I close my eyes for a moment, hoping it'll make me feel better. Once I open up my eyes again, I stand up straight. I notice the DJ looking down at me. "Are you alright?" He asks me over the music. I nod in response. The DJ shrugs and goes back to concentrating on his job. I duck under the chain connected to the wall and the table where the DJ is and run out onto the balcony area. I don't think I'm supposed to be out here, but I don't care. I close the door behind me. I can still here the faint sound of music. I take deep breaths, inhaling the fresh air. I sigh in relief, already feeling better. However, the relief doesn't last. I turn around a little and stare in horror as Stiles and Kira make out with each other. Kira has Stiles pushed up against the wall. A sudden anger courses through me as I see Stiles playing with Kira's hair and Kira running her hands down Stiles' torso, but I am still too shocked to move.

"If this is wrong, then I don't want to be right. You're my whole world, Stiles." Kira whispers, into Stiles' ear, loud enough for me to hear between their passionate kissing. "And you're my world." Stiles replies with a smile. My heart drops and feels like it is being shattered, but I don't know why. I'm not in love with Kira anymore. We broke up. I'm with Samantha. I'm in love with her. One of Stiles' hands slips down onto the back of Kira's skirt. I notice his hand grab her butt. A low growl builds up inside of me. I want to move, but my feet seem glued to the ground. As a response to Stiles' actions, Kira pulls off his shirt and starts to leave a trail of hickeys down his neck. The light purple bruises show up quite quickly. Finally, I seem to find the motivation to move. I growl and run forwards, anger pumping through my veins. I pull Kira and Stiles apart. I glare at both of them with anger and betrayal. "What the hell are you doing?" I shout at them. For some reason, they don't seem very surprised to see me or that I'm really angry.

Stiles smirks and Kira chuckles. I frown, now suddenly feeling uneasy. "Oh, Scott, Scott, Scott. Why are you so mad? You had your chance. Now you've lost it." Stiles says.

"What do you mean?" I ask, my anger being replaced with confusion, sadness, worry and a hint of fear.

"I gave you the chance to find your true love when I broke up with you, but I guess you took too long in deciding what you want, so I lost patience." Kira shakes her head in disappointment.

"So, how long have you two been together?" I ask, unsure of what Kira's comment is implying.

"Long enough." Stiles smirks again.

"Your loss is my gain." Kira grins.

"What?" I ask, feeling extremely confused.

"Look at you. I might not be a werewolf, but jealousy and betrayal is practically radiating off you." Stiles points out with a slight sneer. I don't say anything. As much as I hate to admit it, there is a part of me that is jealous. Maybe that's why I feel so angry, shocked and betrayed. "But the real question is what are you jealous of?" Kira raises an eyebrow. My heart misses a beat.

"I'm jealous of Stiles and feel betrayed by him because he is with you, the girl I used to love, the girl that used to be my world. What other option is there?" I answer with an uneasy laugh. Stiles and Kira exchange a knowing look, leaving me more uneasy and confused. Something seems wrong here, but I can't put my finger on it yet.  "No, that's not why you're jealous and getting so worked up. Guess again." Kira tells me mischievously. I look from Kira to Stiles, trying to work out what's going on.

"You don't want me. You want someone else." Kira adds.

"Samantha?" I ask, but I have a feeling that is not the answer that Kira is looking for.

"No, Scott. You are so stupidly oblivious. I guess that is going to be part of the reason why you have missed the opportunity. You'll never have him how." Kira laughs.

"Him? Who's 'him'?" I squeak. I'm pretty sure I'm straight, so why would Kira think that I want a guy? Kira then holds onto Stiles' hand. He looks at her affectionately. Stiles walks up to me and now he is right in my face. For some reason, it makes me really nervous; my heart rate starts speeding up. "Maybe I did love you once, but not anymore. Not ever again. I realized something, Scott. You're a horrible person. You've put me through so much pain and suffering. I've held myself back from my own happiness for you. I won't do that anymore." Stiles tells me. There's a dark look in his eyes that is hard to describe. Kira the walks closer to me as well. She runs a hand across my chest for a moment. "Who would ever want to be with you, a monster that only thinks of himself and can't even work out his own thoughts and feelings?" Kira asks as she places her hands on Stiles' shoulders.

"I can't believe I was even your best friend." Stiles says in disgust. My eyes widen in horror.

"How... How can you say that? How can you two be saying any of this?" I ask in disbelief and fear. I am almost on the verge of tears. Stiles steps up to me again. He is so close I can feel his warm breath blowing into my face. I stand my ground, even though I'm very tempted to take a step back. He places a hand on my shoulder. He leans closer to my ear. "Come on, Scott. Use that brain of yours." Stiles whispers to me teasingly. He leans backwards a little, smiling in satisfaction. I look between the two. I shake my head in denial. "This can't be real. Any of it." I decide. Stiles steps away from me and joins Kira again. They link hands. "What makes you so sure of that?" Stiles asks with a curious tone.

"Because I know that the real Stiles and Kira would never act this way or be saying the things that you two have." I answer as I back away a little.

"Even if we aren't really Stiles and Kira, we are still your biggest fear. I am your biggest fear." Stiles tells me.

"How?" I ask in a shaky voice.

"You might keep on denying who you really love, but the feelings won't ever go away. You're afraid that you'll lose Stiles forever. And guess what? You will, if you continue down this path." Stiles tells me with a smirk.

"What... What would I lose him to?" I ask, not sure if I really want the answer.

"It could be anything. Maybe he will die. Maybe he will start to hate you. Maybe you will betray him. Maybe he will betray you." Kira replies. Suddenly, Stiles crashes his lips against Kira's and they continue ripping each other's clothes off, not caring if I'm there. I watch on in horror. Their bodies start to dissipate into smoke. Now I can only see the top halves of them as they continue to kiss each other. That's probably a good thing, since they don't have any clothes on anymore. I hear a voice whispering around me. You'll lose him forever... My breathing hitches a little and tears form in my eyes. "Scott!" I hear a faint voice call out from somewhere far off, but I don't listen to it. I can't help but watch my best friend and ex-girlfriend through the smokey haze, which fills me with anger, sadness and betrayal.

Stiles POV

"Scott!" I yell as I duck past the DJ.

"Hey, you're not allowed out there!" The DJ calls out angrily, but I ignore him. I burst through the door and out onto the balcony. I see Scott staring out at the distance. "Scott!" I call out again as I rush forward. I grab onto his arm

"Scott, can you hear me?" I ask worriedly. Slowly, Scott turns around. I unintentionally take in a deep breath. Scott's eyes are watery and are full of sadness, betrayal, shock, fear and confusion. His lips quiver slightly. "Stiles?" Scott says questioningly, almost as if he didn't believe that I was really me. "Yes, it's me, Stiles, your best friend." I nod, still extremely worried for the werewolf. He still looks very distraught, his eyes finally spilling over a couple of tears. "What did you see?" I ask, fear lacing my tone. Scott doesn't answer, he just turns his gaze away from me.

"Scott, what did you see?" I ask again, knowing that whatever it was has really rattled him.

"J-just the whole pack lying dead. That's all." Scott lies. I can tell it's a lie because even though seeing all of us dead would be horrible, I don't think it would be so unsettling to the point where Scott is struggling to talk or even look at me. If he really did see us dead or dying, I would assume that he would be more than happy to see me. Also, I can usually tell when he's lying because he either always stutters or hesitates before he speaks. "What happened?" Scott asks when he can finally look at me again, but there's something off about his gaze. "There was something in the drinks. It showed us one of our worst fears." I explain. Scott swallows nervously.

"Could you tell it wasn't real? The hallucination, I mean." Scott asks me. I shake my head.

"No, I thought it was real. Everyone did. Even though the scenarios were completely impossible, we all fell into the traps of going with it." I answer. Scott looks more worried.

"Why? Could you tell it wasn't real? Why are you so freaked out then?" I frown. He looks like he wants to say something, but nothing comes out of his mouth. "Please, Scott. Tell me what's wrong. I want to help you." I ask gently, finally letting go of Scott's arm. Just as he opens his mouth to say something, the rest of our friends burst out onto the balcony. Scott and I turn to look at them. Samantha rushes up to Scott and crushes him with a hug. "Oh my god, I'm so glad that you're okay, honey!" Samantha exclaims in relief. I roll my eyes, annoyed that she had to interrupt our conversation. I doubt Scott will want to tell me anything now. Scott hugs her back and smiles with relief. I notice tears run down his face. "Well, I'm glad you're safe, Scott..." I mumble. Kira and Lydia walk over to me.

"What happened out here?" Lydia asks me.

"I don't know, Scott didn't tell me." I shake my head. I look around at everyone else. Isaac and Kara are holding hands, Liam is looking anxious and Malia is leaning against a wall. I turn my attention over to Scott and Samantha. They start kissing again. I watch as Scott's hands wrap around her waist and Samantha's hands wrap around his neck. "You're safe now," I hear Samantha mumble to Scott. I sigh under my breath before turning back to Kira and Lydia again.

"That doesn't matter right now. What is important is that we find that drink woman and demand some answers." I explain to them. Kira and Lydia nod. "We'll go with you." Lydia says. The three of us then head on inside. I'm happy to get away from the snogging couple outside. I look around the loft. More and more teenagers stop dancing, a vacant look spreading onto their face, meaning that the effects of the drinks are starting to kick in. I rush over to the drinks table. I slam my hands down onto it angrily. The lady stares at me with fake surprise. "What's wrong? Didn't you like the drink?" She asks in a polite voice.

"Of course we didn't like your drink. What did you do to us?" I growl.

"Nothing, I don't know what you're talking about." The lady replies with a creepy smile.

"That's a load of shit and you know it. My best friend is still very distraught and disorientated, but he won't tell me what he saw. Whatever you did to him really shook him. It shook us too.  So, tell us what you did, bitch!" I snap. I notice Kira and Lydia walk right up next to me on either side. The lady raises an eyebrows at me. "Well, this is new. I've seen gold eyes, purple eyes, blue eyes, red eyes and even orange eyes, but I have never seen green eyes like yours." She comments. I realize that I must have accidentally let my eyes glow. I quickly make them fade back to brown. "Who are you?" Kira asks suspiciously. "Me? I'm just someone that offers drinks at parties." The lady smiles.

"Cut the act, will you?" Lydia snaps in frustration.

"Fine, you got me. I work with this girl that feeds off people's fear. I was always great with making potions and such, but I was never that greats at spells. That makes two of us the perfect combination." The lady tells us. My heart starts beating faster and I start to feel more nervous. "What are you?" Kira asks curiously.

"Isn't obvious? I'm a sorceress and so is my... business partner, you might say." The lady smiles.

"I wouldn't call this a business. You're just sick." I mutter with distaste.

"Why does your friend even need or want to feed off fear?" Lydia asks.

"For fun, silly. Being an immortal sorceress can get boring after a while, so you might as well make your own fun. Besides, feeding off fear makes us stronger." The lady answers. I shake my head.

"You can't get away with this," I tell the sorceress. She just laughs at me.

"Oh, but I can," She smirks.

"We have travelled through towns for many years now, causing fear and then soaking up its power. No one has caught us or stopped us." The lady informs me.

"You can't hurt people." I say.

"We aren't hurting anyone and we definitely aren't killing them. All that happens is that people see their biggest fears. It's no more than a nightmare. When it's over, people will just believe it was a nightmare or a hallucination. And really, that's all it was. A hallucination. Your mind playing tricks on you. In fact, sometimes seeing your fear can actually help you. Maybe it can stop bad things from happening. Maybe it'll help you learn more about yourself. I think we are doing everyone some good. Everyone needs a good scare to keep them alive." The lady replies. I am at a loss for words. In some ways, I can see the lady's point of view. The music continues to blare from the speakers. I take a quick glance at the teenagers around the loft. It looks like most of them are going back to dancing again or are deciding to leave. I watch as a group of friends run out of the loft in a hurry. I turn back to the mysterious sorceress. "See? We are not hurting anybody." The lady tells me.

"Where is your friend?" I ask suspiciously.

"Oh, she's somewhere in the crowd. But I think we are done here, so we will probably leave now. You don't need to go after us. As I said, it's not our intent to hurt or kill people. We're just bored and need something to do, so why not increase our powers? Besides, it'll probably make everyone learn more about themselves." The woman comments. Her eyes glow purple for a moment. Lydia, Kira and I watch with fascination and caution. "What are you doing?" Lydia asks curiously.

"Signalling Elena. It's time for us to go. It was interesting meeting you guys. You don't seem at all surprised by the supernatural, but I guess you shouldn't be that surprised, considering the boy is supernatural himself. Maybe we will see each other again, maybe we won't." The sorceress answers the banshee.

"You can communicate telepathically?" Kira questions.

"There are many things I can do, young lady. Telepathy with other magical beings just happens to be one of them." The lady smiles mysteriously. "Farewell," She says before disappearing into thin air.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 7.5K 25
During the summer before his senior year, Stiles decides to create a new chapter in his life. He comes out to his friends and is taken aback by the o...
504 12 29
What if the whole story line for 'Teen Wolf' never happened. Scott was never bitten and everything that has happened, didn't. Mylia has just recently...
85.4K 1.8K 82
Y/n a little witch living in beacon hills with a veterinarian. After her mom went missing Y/n finally started to have a normal life or she thought bu...
297 21 21
Danielle Stilinski's town of Beacon Hills is packed full of supernatural creatures, so what happens when more get added to the mix? Will the McCall p...