Surviving The Mafia

By coinikee

I closed my eyes and waited for the pain. I knew I was going to die. Die at the hands of my captor. ~~~~~~~~... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42

Part 20

73.4K 3.2K 799
By coinikee

Part 20

When my feet touched the floor for the first time in seven days, I felt like I had been reborn. The coolness of the marble underneath the soles of my feet was refreshing, and when I walked all the way to the bathroom, I felt like I had woken up from a week's worth of sleep. All my life, I had never appreciated my legs...until today.

"Good morning, me!" I said to my reflection as I grinned at her through the mirror of the bathroom. My reflection grinned back at me, with hair resembling a rat's nest and eyes puffy from so much rubbing.

Quickly brushing my teeth, I emerged from the bathroom, but what I saw had my smile turning into a frown. Severon stood in my room with a small smile on his face. His face brought back memories of what he did to me, and the fire of vengeance inside me glowed anew. Now that I had the use of my legs once again, it was now time for revenge. Severon attacked me with snakes, I just had to find something equally horrific to get back at him.

"Good morning, dragonfly," he greeted.

"The morning is never good when you are the first thing I see," I retorted, marching over to the cupboard for a change of clothes.

I should wear something colorful today.

"Oh but my morning is wonderful when I see you," Severon said while I rummaged in the closet for a colorful shirt.

"Really? Then how were you living before I came in your life?" I did not bother turning my head to look at him, I had way more important things to look for, like a colorful shirt.

"La mia vita era piena e grigio," he responded. (My life was dull and gray)

"Can you speak in English, unless you teach me your language, then I might allow you to blabber in your language," I stated.

"How are legs now?" Severon questioned, ignoring my statement.

"Fine. No thanks to you." I nearly growled.

"Do you know how to cook?" He enquired, once again not taking the bait.

I paused my search at his question. Why was he asking me if I knew how to cook? What was he planning next? Did it involve me standing in fromt of a stove? Was he planning to burn me?

Not if you burn him first. My subconscious told me.

Trying to keep a straight face, I answered, "Of course I know how to cook. Maril never knew how to cook, so I did the cooking for the both of us."

"So, you mind fulfilling a request of mine?" He queried.

"Sure. If it involves me killing you and burying you, then sure," I replied before going back to my search for a colorful shirt.

"Actually no. My request is a little more...civilised. I want you to cook lunch for me," he stated.

Hearing this, I turned to face him. "Is that a request or an order?" I asked.

"A request," Severon answered.

"And what if I don't do it?" Without knowing it, Severon had given me the perfect opportunity to extract my revenge; I was only asking this so as to appear normal.

Severon shrugged. "Well, there are other ways I can make you do it."

"You clearly need to read a dictionary, you sir, have no idea what the word request means," I snapped.

He chuckled. "Tell you what, you cook me lunch and in return I'll read a dictionary."

"Why are you being so...nice to me?" I asked suddenly.

This time he smiled. "Good question. I just think that this...feud between us...is childish. So I have taken the first step towards maturity and from now on will do my best to act civil with you."

"And you thought of this overnight? Just like that?" This man was crazier than I was.

"Yes."

"Why?" I raised my eyebrows.

Severon strode forward until he was standing just a couple of centimeters from me. The close proximity had my heart racing, and it was not out of fear, it was something else entirely.

"Perchè non mi piace vederti nel dolore," he muttered, stroking my cheek. (Because I don't like seeing you in pain)

"Would it kill you to speak in English?" I asked, exasperated.

He chuckled. "No. But anyways, what are you cooking for me?"

"What do you want to eat?" I tried my best to prevent myself from grinning like an evil witch. Severon had fallen in my trap without knowing it. He put me in bed for a week, now it was my turn to return the favor.

"Surprise me," he responded happily.

"When do you want to eat?" I turned back to rummage in the closet, grimacing as my hands touched a brown shirt. Ugh, I hated monochromes.

"How about in a few hours." The joy in his words almost had me feeling guilty about my actions; but the fact that he enjoyed seeing me in pain was the only thing that kept my resolve from breaking.

"Alright. I'll cook something for you." I told him, already rejoicing over hearing him scream. Oh Severon, you were going to pay.

"Thank you, dandelion." With that, Severon sauntered out of the room, leaving me cursing him and his choice of monochromatic clothes. Once I had Severon in bed, I would steal his credit card and order colorful clothes for myself; those companies better be shipping to this island!

~*~*~*~*
I hummed as I stirred the pot containing my spicy chicken. Picking up the peppers, I added a generous amount, making sure to make it as hot as possible. I was going to burn Severom inside and out; hopefully, I would get a reprieve from him for a few days after this, God knows I could use the break. The man was like a never ending storm and I yearned for some peace and quiet. Hopefully after all this was over, I would get my wish.

"Hello Kelsey." I stiffened upon hearing Renzo's voice. It was the first time he had spoken to me since I told him we were no longer friends. And I hated how much I had missed his voice. Fuck my custard!

"Renzo," I acknowledged. Even though I wanted throw my anger out of the window and hug him, I stayed put.

"How are you?" He sounded unsure.

"Fine, thank you," I responded evenly.

"You look good." He told me. I still hadn't turned around to look at him.

"Thank you," I replied crisply.

"What are you doing?" Renzo enquired.

"Making lunch for Severon," I answered.

"What? Really?" I did not need to turn around and look at him to know his surprise was bordering on shock.

"Yes." If he only knew what kind of a lunch I was really preparing. I thought as I added more peppers.

"Th—That's great! That is wonderful. Severon will be so happy." The excitement in his voice had me fuming. He was my friend and he wanted Severon to be happy?! I could not believe I was actually jealous of my captor, and yet I was.

"I'll be happy when he's dead," I murmured. But strangely enough, the thought of Severon dead had me feeling uncomfortable. The thought did not brought the usual thrill of happiness like it normally did. Holy crackers! What was happening to me?

"What did you say?" Renzo questioned.

"Nothing. Why are you here?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted to see you," he answered.

"Great. Now you have, you can leave now," I shot back, stirring the pot with more force.

He is my friend. My friend. My friend!

"Come on, Kelsey. Don't be this way. I miss you," Renzo stated, causing my heart to balloon with joy.

"Go hang out with Severon, then you won't miss me. You obviously care more about him," I responded sullenly.

"That is not true, Kelsey. I care about you. It's just, Severon has more power and authority than me, which means I have to respect him and his decisions, but that doesn't mean I don't care about you. You are my friend and if I wasn't in such a compromising position, I'd tell Severon to shove his orders up his ass!"

Okay that's it. He won my heart.

"Oh why do you have to be so nice?!" I turned and threw myself at Renzo, who caught me and wrapped me in his warm embrace. We stayed like this for a few minutes. I was happy that I got my friend back, and felt like an utter beetle for being mean to him.

"I'm sorry for being so mean to you," I apologized.

"I'm sorry I can't be your partner in crime," Renzo responded.

I chuckled. "It's okay."

"I got you a present." Renzo told me before releasing me from his hold.

"Really? What?" I queried, grinning with excitement.

In response, Renzo handed me a box wrapped in colorful paper. Not being able to contain myself, I ripped the paper and opened the box, and what I saw had me gasping in surprise.

There, folded neatly inside the box were shirts, and not just any shirts, but colorful shirts that had me thinking of rainbows and gummy bears. Grinning, I pulled out the shirts and looked at each of them individually.

The first shirt was plain with colorful stripes running horizontally. The second one was white with emoticons of every color scattered across in a clustered pattern. Next came the shirt that had me hugging the fabric to myself, there were flowers and caterpillars all over it. After that, I picked up the shirt that had me squinting my eyes due to the neon colors. And the last one was the least colorful, with a white base and the word FRIENDS written in rainbow colors.

"Oh my God! Are these for me?!" I asked Renzo who nodded.

"Yes. You only have boring plain shirts in the your closet and I know how much you hate them, so I thought I'll get you some colorful ones," Renzo replied.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I dropped the shirts on the counter and hugged him once more.

"What the hell is going on in here?!" Severon's voice boomed across the kitchen.

Renzo and I broke apart. "Severon look! Renzo got me such pretty clothes." I picked up a couple of shirts and showed it to him, totally ignoring the thunderous expression on his face.

Severon stormed towards us and snatched the shirts from my hands before turning to Renzo. "Lei è mia." (She's mine)

Renzo nodded. "Io so." (I know)

"Non lascerò che la porti da me," Severon growled. (I won't let you take her from me)

"Lei è mia amica. Niente di più. Io non romperò mai il codice," Renzo replied. (She is my friend. Nothing more. I will never break the code)

"You know, English is such a nice language, ever tried speaking?" I smiled at the Italian hunks standing in front of me.

"You are not going to wear the clothes he gets for you," Severon ordered.

I snatched my shirts from him. "Yeah I will. You have awful taste in clothing, so I'll wear what Renzo got me."

Severon snatched the shirts back. "You want colorful clothes, I'll bloody get you colorful clothes, but you will not wear clothes given to you by other men," he growled.

"Okay grumpy! You need to chill and give me my clothes back. Renzo is my friend and friends give each other gifts," I argued.

"Uh Kelsey, you might want to check on the food," Renzo suggested. Immediately, my eyes snapped towards the pot on the stove and I hurried over to stir it, sighing in relief when I saw that nothing was burnt. Putting the pot on low heat, I turned back to my crabby captor.

"You sir are not going to get any food today." I told Severon.

He frowned. "Why not? I told you to cook for me."

"You nearly burnt my food, and you are not giving back my shirts," I answered him.

"You are not wearing these shirts. I'll burn them," he stated.

I'll burn you.

"Alright. Keep the shirts. I have to get lunch out," I conceded, and turned around to take out the food in a dish.

"Good. I'm glad you see it my way," Severon uttered before grabbing the rest of my shirts and striding out the kitchen.

"Well that was weird," Renzo commented once Severon was gone.

"I know right. He is such a sour candy," I agreed.

"It's okay. I'll get you another present," Renzo said as I watched the red gravy flowing in the dish, enjoying the wisp of smoke emenating from it.

"You are too kind. But right now, I must give my captor a present." Grinning, I placed the lid on the dish before I went to the cabinets and took out a couple of plates and spoons.

"Where is the dining room?" I enquired.

"The first door on the left," Renzo informed me.

"Thank you." I smiled at him before marching out of the kicthen and opening the first door on the left.

Severon was sitting on a small table which seated four. With a small smile, I walked over to him and set the plates down. I could not wait to extract my revenge.

"Lunch will be right out." I could not believe I managed to say that in such a submissive manner.

Turning around, I hurried out of the dining room and into the kitchen. Grabbing the dish containing my weapon, I gave one last smile to Renzo, who for some unknown reason was still standing in the kitchen, before gliding out of the kitchen and back inside the dining room.

"Here is your lunch," I said to Severon, placing the dish in front of him.

The smile on his face had guilt stabbing my heart, but I remained firm. I needed to tell him that he could never boss me around, and I was not below him, rather I was his equal.

Severon placed a healthy serving of the chicken gravy in his plate, before picking up the spoon and taking the first bite. I grinned when he spit the food out, glaring at me.

"What the hell is this?!" He fumed.

I laughed. "You know, they say revenge is a dish best served cold, but I disagree. I like mine extra hot." And with that I picked up his plate and dropped the contents all over his chest, and when he growled in agony as the gravy burned his skin, I smiled.

My revenge was complete.

"You put me in bed for a week. Now it's your turn." Was all I said before I turned and sauntered out of the room, leaving my captor in agony.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author's Note.

Hi guys,

Happy Mafia Monday, I hope you all like this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share, it would mean a lot.

Thank you for reading.

Until next time.

Take care.

Ciao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776K 24.7K 53
Book 2 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Niccolo De Luca, now 26 years of age and next in line to take over as The Don of the notorious De Luca family Maf...
6.6K 172 23
What happens when two people with the same conceit are forcefully bound together? Both Blaque and Heath are forced into an arranged marriage by their...
601K 22.3K 33
WARNING‼️This book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Toxicity, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel fr...
1.8K 101 23
°I am obsessed, I am obsessed with seeing you in pain, seeing you suffer° -Yoongi °People like you have turned me into a murderer° -Maeve •••••••••••...