Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 4」

869 31 3
By lazilazuli

When everyone arrived at the mall, everyone split into groups. It was agreed that everyone was to meet back up after an hour was up. Jimin, Yoongi, and Hoseok were in one group; Namjoon and Jin were a pair; while you, Jungkook and Taehyung were in the last group.

"Jiyeong," Jungkook slung his arm over your shoulder, "is there any place that you want to go?" he asked. "Maybe I can get you something."

"Nope," you shook your head, "I'll just follow you guys wherever you want to go."

"Oh, okay," he slowly slid his arm away from your shoulders. "Then let's go to Footlocker." Jungkook slipped his hands into his pockets and continued walking alongside you with an awkward smile on his lips.

As you all entered the first store, Jungkook immediately walked off to look at the first pair of sneakers his eyes caught. This only meant that you and Taehyung were to be left alone with each other.

"Um, Jungkook," you tried calling to him, but he was already a good distance away, and your voice was too small for him to hear. You couldn't believe that he just left you to stand side by side, alone, with Kim Taehyung. Before you knew it, your body began to freeze up due to the awkward silence.

'Should I say something?' You started to fiddle around with your fingers, trying to find something to say. That's when it clicked. A simple greeting should suffice. It took you a few seconds, but you finally gathered up some courage and turned to him. You were slightly taken aback when he suddenly turned your way. Never did you expect for him to suddenly give you his attention, but you pushed on.

"Hi, Sunbae." As soon as you said those words, you quickly held your breath, awaiting a response.

"Hi," he glanced at you with his reply and looked off once more.

You huffed out all the collected air and pursed your lips. 'I did good! Now it's time for an actual conversation. What to say...what to say...?'

"Um, about last night..." 'About last night? Really?!' "I was wondering if there anything that was bothering you?"

"Why're you asking?" he looked back in your direction.

"Oh no, it's just that it looked like you weren't enjoying yourself like everyone else."

"That's because I wasn't."

"Oh..." It became quiet again for at least 2 minutes. Just when you were going to let the silence continue on, you remembered Minji's words. Push for a conversation. Just before you could open your mouth again, Taehyung spoke up instead.

"You seem really close with Jungkook."

"Oh, y-yeah," you nodded, "we are."

When he looked to you, he could see how nervous you were by the way you started looking towards your shoes and fiddling with your fingers. "What's your connection to him?" It'd be a problem if Jungkook was planning on getting to her first.

"We've been the best of friends since we were small."

'A childhood friend? Well, Jungkookie shouldn't mind if I bang his childhood friend, right? Besides, I know she wants me. I've had a few of her type come up to me before. Acting all innocent and whatnot just to end up in my sheets the same night. I don't dislike girls who act like that though.'

"A childhood friend? I didn't know Jungkookie had such a cute friend like you for so many years."

You started blushing on cue. "'Cute'? Oh, thank you."

"You must be happy to be back with him again."

"Yeah, I was really surprised to find out that he was attending the school that I was transferring to."

'So she's a transfer, huh? That explains why she was acting so dumb earlier. I guess that means that she doesn't know about Jungkook either.'

"Hyung, Jiyeong, how do these look?" All of a sudden, Jungkook stood before the both of you. Being that you were invested in your talk, neither of you had heard anything he said.

"Did you ask me something, Jungkook?" You looked away from Taehyung and gave your attention to Jungkook instead. You then noticed the sneakers in his hands. "Ah, those look nice. Are you thinking about getting them?"

"I am," Jungkook looked over towards Taehyung.

"Cool!"

"You two must be getting along well," he said.

You nodded, "yeah." What were the chances?

"I'm going to go pay for these. When I'm done, we can leave."

"Okay," you replied.

At this point, Jungkook wasn't sure how he felt about seeing the both of you being so friendly towards one another. He was happy that you were able to get close to the other people but wasn't too thrilled because it was another guy, and Taehyung on top of that. He looked back at Taehyung once more before he went off to the cash register, and saw him still minding his business. But noticed the slight smirk on the ends of his lips.

Once Jungkook paid for his sneakers, the three of you left and looked around the mall until an hour was up. Jungkook kept glancing over at you every now to see you and Taehyung chatting well.

The hour was up before anyone knew it, and you three then made your way back to the meetup spot, which was the mall's entrance.

"Are we all here?" Namjoon asked, scanning everyone to see if they were. "Alright, let's go get some ice cream!"

"Taehyung, come here for a bit," Yoongi called him over. When Taehyung was near, he started whispering something into his ear. Something that made Taehyung smirk by the end of his words.

Finally, it was time for some ice cream. You were bubbling with excitement as you heard those words. When you all went out, you headed for the closest ice cream shop. By this time, night had already fallen, but who cared. Ice cream.

Jungkook and Jimin were the ones who went up to get the orders for everyone, while everyone else sat at a table near the front of the shop. You didn't so comfortable with the idea of letting the guys getting your ice cream since you weren't familiar with anyone besides Jungkook. Feeling that you should get your own, you decided to go up there with them.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jungkook stopped you in your tracks, "I'll buy you your ice cream, so go wait with the rest."

You shook your head, "no, you don't have to do that. I can pay for it my--"

"Don't worry about it," he beamed his bunny smile at you, "it's on me. Vanilla, right?"

Being that he was insisting, you just nodded and went with his decision. "Yeah, thanks." A small smile formed on your lips. You then went back to the table and plopped yourself down beside Taehyung and the others.

It took about 7 minutes or so for them to collect all the orders. Once they got the ice cream, they came straight back to the table and handed out each ice cream according to those who ordered.

"And a vanilla ice-cream for Jiyeongie," Jungkook passed your cone.

You could feel the excitement building back up. "Thank you, Jungkookie~" You took your vanilla cone and started to lick away. "Ah, it's so good~"

"You really like ice cream, don't you?"

You stopped mid-lick and turned towards Taehyung. "It's my favorite treat." You then looked down towards his hands and saw a cone as well. "Wow, the same as me," you smiled. "Is vanilla your favorite, also?"

"Yeah."

Your vision shied away to the ground, "I guess we have something in common."

"I guess we do."

Once again, you and Taehyung started to talk among yourselves again. It really made you happy that the both of you were really hitting it off, but you guys were talking so well with each other, that you hadn't noticed the stares you were getting from the others.

"Ahem!" The both of you turned and met eyes with the Hoseok, then the other guys. "Did you forget that the rest of us were here too? You guys have been acting like you're on a date for a while now."

"My bad," you blushed behind your cone.

"What, are you guys jealous that I'm hitting it off with such a cute girl?"

"No, stupid. It's just that the both of you forgot about the rest of us, didn't you?"

"Let's talk about something that we can all get in on," Namjoon suggested.

"Something like what?" You then glanced down towards your watch at that moment."

"How about--"

"Oh, looks like I'm going to have to take a rain check for this conversation." You hurriedly finished what was left of your delicious cone, and pushed your chair back.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook asked.

"I have to get home now."

"Already?"

You grinned. "My favorite show is coming on soon."

"Yah, Jungkook," Yoongi turned to him, "just let her go home already. If she has to go, then don't whine about it."

Jungkook started blushed, "I'm not whining."

"It was really great getting to hang out with you guys again, but I've got to go now. See you guys another time?"

"Of course!" Jimin grinned. "We like hanging with you too, Jiyeong."

"Even though you were talking with Taehyung most of the time," Namjoon joked. Everyone broke out into chuckles.

"Alright, get home safely~" Hoseok rang.

"And to you all as well. Bye now~" you waved to them before walking to the door and leaving.

"I'll miss you, cutie~" Taehyung called out to you before you opened the door and turned the corner. His words secretly caused your heart to flutter, but you had to keep it underway until you were out of sight.

"Did you really mean that, Taehyung?" Jimin asked him.

Taehyung scoffed, "of course not. Whatever gets me in her panties faster."

"Hyung," Jungkook spoke up in an annoyed tone, "Jiyeong's not like that. You're just wasting your time."

Taehyung smirked, "we'll see about that." He then pushed his seat back and stood up. He started to make his way over to the door, just when one of the members spoke up.

"Where are you going?" Jin asked.

"I'm going to go and walk this little girl home, like the 'gentleman' I am."

"Yah, you were planning this all along, weren't you," Hoseok asked him with a smirk.

"Hyung, come on. I'm not a bad guy. I just want to walk her home, that's all." Yoongi, Jimin, Namjoon, and Hoseok just chuckled while Jungkook continued to glare at him until he turned the corner and couldn't be seen anymore.

"Just let her down gently in the morning!" Hoseok shouted. "She looks like a sensitive one. She's going to need someone to come to when he's done."

"He just better not let this plan go to waste." Yoongi leaned back and crossed his arms.

"You're talking as if you helped him plan this." Jungkook looked onto him.

"Ahead of time," he admitted.

Jungkook's eyes nearly bulged out his head, "you seriously helped him?"

"Jungkookie, I know she's your friend and all, but so is Taehyung. I was watching them every now and then and the poor guy didn't get a chance to talk much with her last night. Especially because you were talking to her the whole time. Plus he was too drained."

"Drained from what?" Namjoon asked.

"Sumin," Yoongi sighed as he shook his head. "I felt his pain all the way from my table. And lemme tell ya, she may have big boobs, but her ton of make-up always distracts you more."

Jungkook sighed, "Hyung, that's Jiyeong's friend."

"I wasn't going to say anything, but Jiyeong's 'friend' topped me off near the park about a month ago and tried to do the same thing with Jin 2 weeks after."

Jimin's eyes widened, "seriously?!"

"You're kidding," Namjoon joined in. "No wonder she seemed to be avoiding the both of you last night."

Hoseok crossed his arms and he leaned back in his chair, shaking his head. "I knew I heard her name from someplace. So it was that girl that you were talking about a few weeks back."

"Honestly," Yoongi continued, "the only reason why I remembered her was because she wouldn't stop running her mouth before and after she did it."

"She does talk too much," Hoseok nodded in agreement.

"I can vouch for that," Jin raised his hand.

"Anyways, it'd be a waste if he never got to get the chance to bone Jiyeong, so I decided to help him out a bit."

Jungkook just rolled his eyes, with a deep sigh coming on. He pushed his cup ice-cream away from himself, and his face fell into his palm with his elbow propping him up.

"Come on," he patted his back, "you should be happy for your two friends. They both get time to have fun and relieve themselves tonight."

"You guys just don't get it," he mumbled to himself.

After walking for about half a block, Taehyung saw you still walking down the sidewalk, alone. "Target spotted." But just when he went to call and catch up to you, he noticed a strange guy coming right on up to you, stopping you from walking.

'This just got troublesome,' he thought, with the roll of his eyes. "Then again, if I save her, she'll really have no choice but to repay me with her 'kindness'." A big ol' grin then danced its way across Taehyung's face. "This just got even better."

"Yes, how can I help you?" you turned to meet the eyes of a random guy, who had come out of nowhere.

"Hey, you go to my university, right? Isn't your name Jiyeong?"

"Um, yes," there was hesitation in your nod. "Uh, who are you again?" you asked. You had never seen this guy a day in your life.

"Yeah, I knew you wouldn't have recognized me. I'm a classmate, in your economics class. You might not have noticed me, but I've noticed you."

"Is that so," you awkwardly shifted your eyes away from his hard gaze. No matter how you looked at him, this guy was super suspicious. "Is there something that you need? If not, then I need to go," you took a step away from him.

"Wait, don't go!" he suddenly grabbed onto your arm.

Yup, this guy was in no way an innocent person. His grip was tight from the beginning, causing you to wince in pain. "You're hurting me!"

"Just hear me out. I've been thinking for a while, that you're pretty cute. How about you come with me, so we can watch a movie together?"

"No, I don't want to go anywhere with you, you frickin' creep!" You began to struggle to rip your wrist out of his tight grip. "Someone help!" you shouted.

"Shh!" he quickly cupped your mouth. "Stop shouting already, you'll attract attention."

'That's the plan!' You continued to scream out, as he began to drag you away to wherever he was planning on taking you, but alas, your cries for help were futile. All the screams and cries were being muffled and being caught by the sweaty, and possibly, even dirty palms of his hand. Just when you were beginning to lose hope for a savior.

"Looking good, buddy!"

The guy immediately stopped in his tracks as soon as he heard the random voice disrupt him. He turned to look behind him and squinted at a camera's light that shone brightly.

'Sunbae?' Recognizing what seemed to be his voice, you looked over and past the random guy and saw that it was indeed him. He was standing there with his phone in his hand, which had a steady flash on the both of you.

"Oh, and don't forget to say hi to the camera."

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Aish, what are you doing? You're going to ruin the video if you keep talking to me. Look, don't mind me. Keep trying to have your way with her, while I keep collecting evidence to send to the police," his tone deepened in his threat. "Sick bastards like you need to be exposed and thrown in jail, anyhow."

"Tsk, you're annoying." The guy suddenly shoved you away to the ground and ran off. With a yelp, your butt greeted the hard concrete.

"Damned bastard," Taehyung cut off the video and slipped the phone back into his back pocket. He then walked over, grabbed onto your hand and pulled you up onto your feet. "You're okay, right? You didn't hurt anywhere else but your butt, did you?" he asked.

You quickly shook your head. "No, I'm fine," you started to dust yourself off. "What are doing here all of a sudden?"

"Uh," he looked like he was wracking his brain to find the answer. "I thought it was a bad idea to let you go home on your own, and I was right! Something cute like you will always get attacked by savage beasts like him if you're not careful at night. Next time, just ask someone to come with you when you're going home at night, got me?"

As you listened to his words, you nodded, yet there was a slight warmness to your cheeks. He called you cute, again. "I'm sorry," you bowed slightly. "Um, thank you so much for helping me, Taehyung Sunbae. You're right, I should have asked someone to come along with me."

"As long as you understand, then I guess it's okay."

"If there's something--anything--that I can do to repay you, please, let me know right away."

"Something that you can do, huh," he smirked. "I think I've got something in mind."

"Really? Well, lay it on me."

"How about letting me take you home?"

You blanked out for a few seconds. "Wait...what?" Before you knew it, you were pushed up against the side of a nearby building, with a pair of lips smashing right into yours, full force.

"Mm!" Your breath got stuck in your throat when you felt his hands slip under your shirt, sliding up and down He began to smooth it up and down your stomach. Fortunately, your wrists were free which got you ready to use your personal pincers.

"Ow, ow, ow!!" Taehyung slowly fell to his knees, completely at your mercy. "Yah, yah, yah! Take your crab claws off of me, now!" he shouted for you to release him. When you did, he looked up at you with a face that asked you if you were in your right mind. "Are you crazy? You could have taken off a piece of my ear just now!"

"Me? 'Crazy'?" your brows narrowed. "I should be asking you that!"

"You can't possibly be telling me that you don't want any of this," he showed himself off. "You've even been responding to my flirting, just like I planned."

"What?"

"Don't play dumb. I know that you're secretly like those other girls who like me. Cozying up to me and trying to get my attention," he smirked. "You want to sleep with me so bad, don't you? So why don't you just let me--" Taehyung was cut off when your hand came right on through and landed on his cheek.

"How dare you!" you retracted your hand, only to have a pair of balled up fists standby at your sides.

His eyes widened as a stinging feeling began to itch at his skin. "This little..." he turned to you with a clear scowl on his face.

You scoffed, "'I want to sleep with you bad'? Will you come down from the clouds! I am not some easy things for you to mess with! Just because a girl with a crush wants to get close to a guy, it automatically means that she wants to sleep with them?"

"Of course! It's always like that!" he barked back.

"Well, I'm not like that! Ugh!" you started to ruffle up your hair, tugging on them as if to pull them out. "I can't believe I lost my first kiss to a guy like you, and in this type of situation on top of it."

With those words, Taehyung came under a pause. "'First kiss'?" A smirk then eased up onto his lips.

"What are you smirkin' about?" You were fuming and this guy had the nerve to find the humor within this situation.

"What kind of loser hasn't had their first kiss yet?"

"This one!" you puffed out your cheeks. It annoyed you to see the stupid smirk of his continue to widen.

"So you're not going to deny that you're a loser?" Seeing that you now only caught yourself, he lowered his head in attempts of not bursting out in laughter.

"Shut up! You're the loser here!"

"Me?" he pointed to himself. "How am I the loser? Explain."

"Forcing yourself onto a kind-hearted girl like me, you're no better than that guy from earlier. You should be ashamed of yourself!"

"Alright, alright," he swatted away at your words. "I hear you, midget."

"And now you're calling me names, too? Apologize!" you shouted.

"Oh no, whatever should I do?" he suddenly masked my voice with that of a girls'. Holding onto himself, he pretended to tremble and cower before you. "An angry little mouse is squeaking at me."

"Take that back," you demanded. "I'm not a mouse!"

Before you knew it, Taehyung had burst out into laughter at your pure expense. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry."

You scanned him carefully, with squinted that held nothing but suspicion. "Do you really mean that?"

"Hm...do I?"

"Yah!"

"Relax, I'm just messing around."

You puffed your cheeks out once again, "good."

Taehyung, then, just stood there, sizing you up and down. 'So she really doesn't want to sleep with me? How unfortunate.'

"Well, bye then," you turned away from him and started to head for your original path again.

"What do you mean, 'bye'?"

"Huh?" you stopped in your tracks and turned back to find him up close behind.

"Why'd you stop walking? Taehyung started to push you down the sidewalk. "Lead the way already."

"No, wait a minute. Why are you following me?"

He sighed as he slipped his hands into his pockets. "You really are dumb, aren't you? Do you really think that I'm going to let you walk home alone after you were just about to be attacked."

"Says he, who just tried to push himself onto the same girl."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Yah, I said I was sorry. How many times do you want me to say it?"

"You should be saying it over a hundred times more, but I don't have time to stand here all night and listen to you do it, so I'll let you off with just saying it once."

"I promise I won't do anything to you anymore, Bangtan scouts honor," he placed his hand over his chest."

A smile started to inch up on your lips. "I guess chivalry isn't dead after all. Alright, I'll let your sorry butt walk me home."

That's no way to talk to your Sunbae."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 3.7K 65
You're finally here; your dream vacation spot has been South Korea for years. You and your best friend finally get the adventure you've been craving...
2.5M 141K 37
«Kim Taehyung helps your boyfriend cheat» au «"You shouldn't be with him!" Taehyung says, chest heaving from screams. "Then who should I be with?" Y...
59.4K 4.6K 61
"Because this is something that... I don't know..." he drifts off before smirking to himself as he glances down at the cement sidewalk. "I just... I'...
29.8K 1.4K 56
Taehyung ignored Jungkook's shirtless posture, the way his muscles were bending to the moves of his hands, the way the sweat was dripping off his mes...