Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 3」

1K 31 4
By lazilazuli

Right after your last classes ended, you and your best friend Minji decided to hang out inside the library, like a few other students were doing. Just like everyone else, who came here to study or just read, you and Minji were studying for the test for one of the most boring subjects known to man: Calculus.

You were trying your hardest to study, but you weren't getting the chance to intake any kind of information. Oh no, nothing of the sort would ever be able to happen to would happen with Park Minji around. Minji was the most distracted person you knew. Sometimes you would wonder as to why you would study with her, but then again, she was your best friend.

"I want to bring the person who brought Calculus into the world back to life."

"Why?" You knew the next line to come out of her mouth would be something stupid.

"So I can kill 'em the right way."

You chuckled, "but it would still exist anyways."

"Then me and you will build a time machine, go back in time, and make sure that he never gets to do anything."

You shook your head at her foolishness. She was truly something. "If you say so," you then tried to carry on with studying, but thanks to Minji, again, your focus was broken.

"So?"

"'So'?"

"So, how was last night? Did that bastard try and take away your virginity?"

You sighed and shook your head. "Minji, I told you, I only went last night to try and get to know Taehyung Sunbae better." You blushed. "But," the smile you had and laughter faded away, "that was a flop."

"Why? What happened?"

You sighed, "he left before everyone even finished dinner and went to karaoke."

"You're kidding," her eyes widened. "Seriously?"

Your hand came across your heart and you shook your head. "I tell no lies. He seemed to be the only who was not enjoying himself, and I couldn't understand why. I mean, he was out with friends and eating delicious food. If you ask me, I'd say that's a pretty good time."

"So you basically wasted your time last night?"

"Well, I wouldn't say that. We did have a conversation, kind of. And he was the one who started it."

"Really?" Minji smirked as she leaned in closer to you. "Spill it."

"No, no," you waved your hand, looking down into your book, "it's nothing serious."

"Oh, come on." Minji crossed her arms. "Your crush finally notices you, and decides he's going to strike up a conversation, how can I not be interested in what you two talked about."

"Well...okay," You finally agreed to tell her. You readjusted yourself in your chair and pushed the textbook to the side. "So, you know how I can't drink alcohol, right?"

Minji nodded. "Mhm."

"Well, I guess he noticed that I had ordered some water, because a few minutes later, he asked me how come I wasn't drinking any alcohol. I told him that I wasn't a drinker, and then," you took an unnecessary dramatic pause, leaning in closer to her, "he asked me another question!"

Minji laughed at your silliness. "What'd he say?"

"He asked me 'why not', and I told him that I had a low tolerance for it. The end."

"That's it?" She scoffed. "What the hell, Jiyeong. What kind of conversation is that? As a matter of fact, you can't even call that a conversation."

You rolled your eyes. "I told you, it wasn't anything serious." You propped your elbow on the table and let your chin rest in the palm of your hand.

"You should have pushed the conversation further."

"And talk about what?"

"You could have asked him what kind of alcohol he liked to drink or something. I don't know, but you can't just let things end there. If you really want to get closer to him, then you should push a bit more. Don't be afraid. He might be a piece of shit," she mumbled on that part, "but he's not some vicious beast or anything."

"I guess you're right."

"Did Sumin at least get in a good talk?"

"I doubt it. I came late to the dinner, so I wouldn't' know what they were talking about before, but from the looks of it, it seems that nothing exciting was being talked about."

"Do you think that he was in a bad mood or something?"

You shrugged. "Probably not, but I felt really bad for her. Sumin was trying her best to get him to talk to her, but he wasn't giving her the time of day--or should I say night. He seemed like he wasn't interested in either me or Sumin.

"What the hell," her brows creased, "it sounds like he was acting like a jerk all night."

You sighed heavily. "I don't know, maybe he just wasn't in the mood, like you said before, and was just having a bad day."

"Screw that! That doesn't excuse his behavior." She leaned back in her seat with crossed arms. "He could have at least tried to look like he was having fun."

"I guess so," you shrugged." Oh, but she did manage to get a date with him."

"You're kidding. Kim Taehyung accepted to go on a date with a girl? That guy has never taken a girls out on a date. Is this Armageddon?"

You giggled. "You're exaggerating; but I'm still curious as to why he accepted to go with her, even though he was pretty much ignoring her.

Minji rolled her eyes. "I'm telling you, Jiyeong, that Kim Taehyung is no good. Him and his friends. I'm telling you this now, since you transferred here only a few months ago and don't know about them all too well. Don't fall for that guy anymore. You're my best friend, and I don't want to see you getting hurt."

"Minji, you're exaggerating. Maybe he just hasn't found the right girl, yet. Maybe I can be that girl." You blushed.

"Yeah, that's what all his fangirls at the university keep telling themselves."

"But Jungkook is apart of their group, and he's always been a good kid for as long as I can remember. I can't imagine him playing around with girls."

"Jiyeong, people change. Him and his friends will say anything just to get laid for the night." Minji then looked you up and down before speaking again. "Speaking of 'saying something' you didn't say anything stupid last night, did you?"

"What? How could you ask something like that. Don't you know me?" You say that, but know exactly what she's talking about.

"I do know you, more than you think, and for that reason is why I asked you. You and I both know that you have a tendency to say something stupid when you're having a brain fart moment."

You looked away from her. "I might have...said something..."

Minji closed her eyes and shook her head. "Alright, I've prepared myself. Go ahead, lay it on me."

"When he came back from the bathroom," you lowered your head, nearly whispering the next line, "I welcomed him back."

Minji's eyes widened. "Wait, you really did that?" Minji nearly fell out her chair from her hysterical laughing.

"Shh!" The librarian shushed her.

Meanwhile, you just sat there, wallowing in your embarrassment about your words. "Yah, Minji, it's not funny." You sighed. "I bet he thinks I'm some weirdo or something." You started to bang your head on the table.

"What's this? Jiyeong, why are you banging your head on the table like that? You're going to hurt yourself, y'know."

Before the fourth bang, you came to an immediate halt. As you slowly turned your head, you found the whole of Bangtan standing before the both of you. This meant that Taehyung was there as well. The look on his face clearly spelled 'what the hell is this weirdo doing?'. Oh, how you wished to die within that moment.

'Somebody. Anybody. End me now. If there's even the slightest chance that a black hole could appear in the room at this moment, I won't hesitate to jump in.'

Jungkook, who was closer to you, was just standing there trying to hold in his laughter. "Has Jiyeongie finally lost her mind?"

"No, no, I was just...um..." No words could be found to explain to them the reasons as to why you were your head against the table the way you were. What would they think, if you told them that you were just talking about the little embarrassing moment you had at the restaurant last night, especially Taehyung. More than anything, you needed to keep your mouth shut before something dumb spilled from it, again.

"Such a weirdo..." Taehyung, who stood there with his hands shoved inside his pockets, muttered under his breath. Being the only one who heard him, Jimin lightly jabbed him in the side.

"What are you guys doing here?" You tried to brush off the topic in the most causal way possible.

"You're not busy right now, are you?"

"Well, I was planning on studying, but that wasn't really going to happen with Minji around anyhow," you chuckled.

"Yah!" she protested.

"Great!" Jungkook grinned. "So, how about you come out with us again? You can bring your friend," he said, glancing over to Minji.

"Sure," you smiled, "where to?"

"Yoongi hyung wanted to go pick up some bandannas and I want to pick up some new sneakers, so we're going to head out to the mall and go get some ice cream afterward."

"Ice cream?" Your face lit up like a damn light bulb. It was the only thing that you had heard, that stuck in your head. "I want to come!" You stood up from your seat and slammed the textbook closed. "Minji, let's go!"

"Shh!" The librarian came to shush your table once again.

Jungkook just stood there, watching you with a fixed gaze. "How cute," he mumbled while watching you get more excited by the second.

You unhooked your bag from the back of the chair and slipped the straps over your shoulders. "Let's get going already~" You turned to him with a wide grin on your face. Just barely keeping your excitement in, you were bouncing up and down on your toes, just like a little girl.

"I wish I could go, but I'm starting my first day of work today," she explained, before shutting her book closed. She picked up her bag and swung a strap over her shoulder.

"Aw," you started to pout.

"I know it's going to be hard," She walked over and plopped her hands down on your shoulders, "but try to not to miss me too much, okay. You've got to stay strong," she gave them a brief pat.

"Pfft, who'd miss you?" You tried to hold in a smile as you crossed your arms and shifted your weight onto your foot.

"You little--How can you not miss me? Don't you know that I'm the life of the party!"

You started laughing, "okay, okay. Get going already."

"I'll text you later, okay?" she turned to leave. "Oh, and make sure you save me some ice cream." She waved.

"Alright, see you later." You waved her off and watched as she opened and disappeared behind the doors. "Well, I guess we should get going too!"

"Okay," Jimin clapped, "let's go!"

You all then turned to head out of the library. As soon as you took a step outside, there were a couple of eyes on you. Though, it's not like you had noticed nor heard the comments that people were whispering about you. You were too focused on one thing, and that one thing only: Ice cream.

--"Who the hell is she?"

"You think they're gonna go fuck her?"

"They have to be, or else she wouldn't be with them."

"Ugh, what a little skank."--

But even though you weren't hearing the comments, BTS was, Jungkook especially. He looked around, glaring at all the girls, and few guys, that were talking behind your back. His scowling features caused them all to look the other way and put an end to their tedious chatter.

'I wonder what kind of ice cream Taehyung likes.' You wondered happily while stealing a glance at him. "Oh, will the other girls from last night be coming along?"

"What? No way?" You looked over towards Suga who was chuckling.

"How come? I thought you guys were really hitting it off with them."

Meanwhile, Taehyung was just next to you, frowning on your ignorance. 'Is this girl stupid? Does she really not know who we are? Well, stupid girls are easier to get in bed with anyhow.'

"Jiyeong, you're joking, right? Didn't you know that we only invited those girls so that we could get l-"

"--so that we could get to know them better," Jungkook intervened in Yoongi's words. There was a hint of nervousness hidden behind his smile. "Unfortunately, we weren't able to click like we thought we would," he shrugged.

"Aw, that's too bad," you gave Jungkook a pat to his back. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find the right girl; and judging from last night, you guys are all nice guys, so it shouldn't be hard at all. They're out there somewhere."

"Yeah," Jungkook nodded. He looked back and saw Yoongi staring at him with a confused face. He just smiled and shrugged, hoping that he would brush it off. Luckily, he did just that.

--'I feel like having fun tonight, but who should I have over, is the question.' Taehyung already had a little appointment with Sumin, sometime this weekend, but in all honesty, didn't feel like waiting until then.

'Maybe I can cancel it and make it for today.' It was then that he took notice of you, who was happily chatting with Jungkook again. 'Or maybe I could make an appointment for her. I could keep acting like I don't care about her for a while, and then, when she least expects it, I'll hit her with my charms.' Taehyung smirked to himself, wallowing in his devious plan.--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 83 111
What happens when you have to chose between Taehyung and Jung-kook? Or do you? Jung-kook: the playboy who is also your okder sisters boyfriend and a...
843 104 13
"in dizzying memories that feel like dreams. the rain pours whilst i dance alone. its beautiful, isn't it? when this mist clears i will run toward...
29.7K 1.4K 56
Taehyung ignored Jungkook's shirtless posture, the way his muscles were bending to the moves of his hands, the way the sweat was dripping off his mes...
59.1K 4.6K 61
"Because this is something that... I don't know..." he drifts off before smirking to himself as he glances down at the cement sidewalk. "I just... I'...