Beyond the Doubts

By DiaTheLit

My works #14 //. Set in Los Angeles of the early 2000's, Adonte Jackson - an average junior high schooler is... More

c o p y r i g h t s
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o

f i f t e e n

5.3K 540 262
By DiaTheLit

Good Boy
____
15

"A junior by the name of Kain Douglass was arrested for a rape charge. He attended David Starr Jordan High School and the victim says she was taken advantage of in the girl's locker room shower after a school's tennis game. Douglass has been sent to Juvenile Jail until he is of age for federal prison. That is, depending on if he's found guilty in his trial in four weeks."

Adonte kept his head down as he swept the floor carefully, listening to the news broadcast about his friend. It, along with the other things that's been going on, has been hard to swallow and believe. He kneeled down and held the dustpan tightly as he swept the trash into it then stood to throw it away. He looked up at the TV as the woman was still discussing Kain.

"The victim wished for her name and face to not be revealed but she is truly traumatized. It's sad that young men think they can do this and get away with it. I've personally have had a lot of women in my life who has been victims, or should I say survivors. It is no joke or laughing matter, it's sick. I'll praise the day when President Bush makes it an illegal act. In other news.."

Adonte reached up to the buttons of the tube television and flipped the channel to a soap opera -having enough of news for one day. He had a very, very long shift and the last thing he wanted to hear was continuous negativity. He looked around and none of the customers seemed phased by the switch so he was good.

"Don!" Adonte carried the broom and dustpan with him to the back as he pushed the swinging door open with his foot. He placed the items in their rightful place before coming to his grandmother's aid. She pointed up above her, which was out of her reach, to heavy boxes on top of the cabinets. "Get those for me please. Need to roll some more utensils."

Vivian stepped to the side as Adonte took her spot, grabbing the box with both hands and slid it forward first as the weight fell into his hands. He grumbled slightly at the heaviness but still held it in his arms and sat it down gently on the table. Don grabbed a box cutter and cut the tape so he could open it up to both silver and plastic silverware. The subtle sniffling got his attention quickly as he turned around.

His grandma wiped her sudden tears as she continued to cry silently. Adonte sat the cutter down and wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly for comfort. "We're going to get through this grandma. I promise. I'm going to be here for you." He whispered in reassurance as stroked her hair with his hand.

She nodded and seemed to still not be able to stop her crying as she grabbed a nearby napkin, dabbing it underneath her eyes. "I remember when he used to lift heavy things to impress me with his strength. He was such a good person." They remained in this position until she had finally got herself together. Adonte let her go and wiped the remaining tears with his thumbs, smiling sightly.

The bell was dinged upfront so Don patted her shoulders gently and left out the doors as she took a seat and started to carefully wrap each three utensils in white napkins. Adonte came up behind the counter slowly as Isla stood there. He cleared his throat, almost feeling the same nervousness he did when she came that first time. "Hey, how can I help you?"

He asked professionally. She understood and held her umbrella tightly as she raised a finger slightly. "Um pickup. Tate." Don simply nodded as he trailed into the back again, found her orders and placed them in bags. He clutched two of the freshly wrapped, plastic silverware and tossed it in the bag.

He returned to the front counter quickly and sat the bags on top. He glanced down at the ordering sheet and faced her again. "Uh, it wasn't paid for yet." She groaned and reached into her purse, fishing for her wallet. "Really mom." She mumbled.

Adonte stood there with his hands in his pockets as she kept digging. She finally found it so he announced the price and she gave him $25 -reminding him of that stupid bet as he took it slowly. He stationed it in the cash register and thanked her. She tilted her head to the side as a sad expression begin to form over her face.

"C'mere." Issy said softly and Adonte made his way around the counter, up to her. She reached up around his neck and hugged him tightly as he returned the gesture but around her waist, bending to her level. "I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's hard." He simply nodded, squeezing her tighter and tried not to think about it too much to withhold tears.

It was hard not to think about it however when everyone is apologizing on their behalf or is something that reminds him of Leroy or just simply seeing the story on the news. Adonte took a deep, easing breath and leaned his forehead against her shoulder. "Thanks Is."

They pulled apart slowly and he stood up straight, side smiling. "Um I passed my French test Wednesday. Thanks to you." She gasped and smiled wide, putting her hands together.

"Oh my gosh Don, I'm so proud of you. No, you did that all by yourself. You just needed a little motivation." She smiled up at him as she had his hands in hers now. She bit down on her lip as an idea came to mind. "How about you come over tonight for dinner? To celebrate."

"Um. ." He trailed off, looking back. He thought about his grandmother and leaving her home alone the night before Leroy's funeral probably wouldn't be too smart.

Then again, it's just for dinner not a sleepover so he'd get back in time-he'd just have to tell her where he'll be at so she won't worry. He turned back to Isla. "Yeah sure. My shift don't end until eight thirty so what time?"

"Okay well nine will be fine. I'll come back by to pick you up so you won't have to walk." Adonte nodded in agreement and they had their plans set. She left with her food and he resumed his working.

- · -

The front door was opened before Isla had a chance to dig for her key. Michelle stood in the doorway and smiled. "Oh hey Adonte. How are you?" Adonte cleared his throat as his eyes skimmed over her body that was clothed with a fitting black dress.

The cleavage v-cut came low as she had her hair bouncy with curls. She tilted her head to the side with the same smile as Isla turned to Adonte, nudging him a bit. He snapped out of it and looked back in her eyes, replying. "Oh hi. .Mrs.Tate."

"Please. . call me Michelle." She sidestepped behind the door to let them in as Isla went first. Adonte came in once Isla was already near the kitchen. "Do this body look old to you?" He heard Michelle mumble of retaliation against being called Mrs.

He cleared his throat and walked faster, following Isla as she was doing last few touches to setting up the table. The front door was heard being shut as Michelle entered the dining room, taking a seat on the right side.

"Come on Don, sit." Is giggled at the fact he was just standing there. He went behind the table and took the middle seat since it seems she was going to be sitting on the left end, across from her mom. He pulled the chair back and took a seat, taking a deep breath as he looked between them both.

"Aw come on, take off your jacket. Get comfortable. That's a rule in this house." Michelle teased as she reached over and tugged on his jacket. She couldn't help but fantasize about what she knew was underneath. He looked at her and took off his coat slowly.

Adonte could feel his stomach begin to rumble at the smell of the food that was scattered over the table. The aroma kept blessing his nostrils as they all grabbed hands to pray. Don could feel himself tense up as Michelle begin to rub her thumb over his hand softly.

"Amen." They all finally said as Isla finished delivering the prayer. They fixed their plates right there from the table and begin to eat as soon as possible. Adonte was surely hungry from not eating much of anything after a long, hard day of work.

He paused from putting the pasta in his mouth as he felt a foot rub against his leg. He looked towards Isla as she had a slight smile knowing what she was doing. He resumed his eating, comfortable with what her flirty actions .

That was until he felt another foot begin to do the same to him on his other leg and he turned to Michelle. She smirked behind her wine glass as she took a sip, not breaking their eye contact. Now he was uncomfortable as he faced back to his plate and drunk from his glass of water.

"So Don, was the test hard?" Isla asked to strike up conversation between everyone enjoying the dinner. He shook his head no, composing himself between the two women caressing his leg.

"Not as hard as it used to be." Adonte cleared his throat. These choice of words probably wasn't the best at the moment. He glanced at Michelle as she slurped her pasta into her mouth, licking the sauce from her lips.

"Oo that reminds me, I got you a present." Isla said excitedly as she stood up. Adonte raised his brows surprised she did as she rushed up the stairs. He still looked in the direction she left in until he felt Michelle's hand traveling up his thigh and brushing over his crotch area. His reflex kicked in and grabbed her hand quickly.

He looked at her with his eyebrows furrowed as she batted her eyelashes innocently, sipping from her wine glass again. Some slipped from the side of her lips and down her chin as it dripped from the edge on to her breasts. Of course, Adonte's eyes followed and Michelle pulled his head back up by his chin with her index finger.

She folded his bottom lip back with her thumb as she looked at his lips hungrily. "Be a good boy and I'll let you lick it off." She teased with a laugh, moving her hand from his face and folded her legs, finishing her food just as Issy came back down.

"What's so funny? Did you tell a joke while I was gone?" Isla questioned Adonte as he looked at her, shocked her mom was really coming onto him. Michelle waved Isla off and pointed her to her seat.

"Quit being nosey girl and give the boy his gift." Isla brushed off the laughing and smiled, handing Adonte a small, rectangular box. He grabbed it and opened it slowly as his eyes widened to the sight of a boxing gloves golden necklace and bronze Eiffel tower keychain.

"Woah. . Isla. Thank you! This. . is crazy. Where'd you get this necklace?" He asked completely fascinated as he pulled it out and unclamped it. She trailed behind his chair and helped him put it on by grabbing it and clamping it on him. It hung over his chest as he looked at it.

"Don't worry about all that." She joked and sat in her seat, leaned towards him and patted it down to his chest. "It looks great on you. .I know your passion is for boxing so I thought why not." He nodded and looked at her.

"Thank you. Really. I ..love it." He said as he looked down at it again then back at the keychain, smiling a bit. He grabbed his key to his house and slid the keychain on with it as Isla nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't get you anything."

"No, I wasn't looking for anything Don. This was for you cause ..I know you've had a lot going on around you." She blinked, looking at him sincerely as he sighed, nodding.

"Yeah." He mumbled low as Michelle stood from her seat.

"Well you kids enjoy the rest of the night. Think it's time for me to get a bath." She announced as she looked between the both of them and headed towards the stairs. "Oh and thanks for coming Adonte." She close -mouth smiled and went upstairs. Adonte and Isla finished their night with eating, conversation, and shared a kiss once she dropped him off at home later.

~~~~~

Inspired by Trevor's video in media. 😂Everyone have a good and safe holiday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

690 23 42
... that changes everything Sarah was starting her junior year of high school. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a pretty average blonde hair...
49.6K 2K 60
Girl x Girl / Teacher x Student DISCLAIMER: This book contains drugs, trauma, violence, and both physical/verbal abuse! I will do my best to put disc...
505K 7.3K 6
ALERT!!! READ CINDERELLA MY ASS FIRST. BELIVE ME GUYS, IT'S BETTER THAT WAY. But then you can just ignore me and then regret it later. _____ Insom...
9.7K 146 13
HALF-WRITTEN AND WILL NOT BE CONTINUING. READ MY NEW STORY - REBOUNDING WITH RAIN. CW/TW - CONTENT/ TRIGGER WARNING: Avery is a popular girl who has...