Her Adopted Baby's Daddy

By JaneLanett

Jules Jenna hates the fact that she's trying to hide in her work to avoid grieving her parents' death. She ne... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 (Part 1)
Chapter 1 (Part 2)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
New Era
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilogue
Edited Version Up!
Epilogue (Extended)
HER (Humane, Exceptional & Resilient)
Love & Serenity
Just The Right Black
Burning Touch
Lingering Kiss
Unforgettable Feelings
BLM
Book Recommendation
Wattpad Book Recommendation
First WBR
For Upcoming Wattpad Writer

Chapter 27

132K 5.7K 429
By JaneLanett

You know that feeling when you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar?

Not that Ceaser ever had...who was he kidding.

He was caught off guard but then, he should have expected it. He had no other option than to tell her the truth. The whole truth.

"Ceaser?" Jules pulled away from him and looked at him.

This was it. No turning back.

"Jules, I'm..."

"Mama?" Ivy's gentle voice interrupted him.

Jules and Ceaser turned to the bed.

Jules' face lit up as she took the seat Ceaser had pulled out for her and took Ivy's small hand in hers. Ceaser sat at the foot of the bed.

Ivy noticed Ceaser and smile
"Dada." Ivy said and Jules gave Ceaser a glance and he hadn't failed to notice the questions that still remained unanswered in her eyes.

"Hey, honey." Jules turned back to Ivy.

"Mama." Ivy's wrinkled her face and Jules frowned.

"I'll get the doctor." Ceaser said before he got off the bed and left the room.

Jules watched Ceaser walk out of the room and let out a sigh.

He would be a great dad someday.
Jules thought.
What? Where the heck did that come from?

"Mama?" Ivy called.

Jules smiled at her
"Yes, honey?"

"Dada." She pointed at the door.

"He went to get a doctor, honey." Jules held Ivy hand in hers till Dr. Kelly was back.

"Well, well. Looks like our little patient is in a hurry to go home." Dr. Kelly said as she walked in with Ceaser behind.

"I'm not sure about that." Jules said

Dr. Kelly went around to the other side a smile on her face as she examined Ivy. She pressed Ivy's stomach and watched her reaction until Ivy's face turned into a deep frown.

"Does it hurt?" Dr. Kelly asked her

Ivy's face scrunched up.

"Ok." Dr. Kelly said after she examined and wrote some things in the chart before she faced Ceaser and Jules "The pain she has isn't all that bad, and it'll go after a while. As I said, all she needs is rest and a lot of water and she'll be back to her old self in no time."

"Thank you so much." Ceaser said

"Just doing my job, Mr. Jenna."

Mr. Jenna?!

Jules stared at Dr. Kelly in shock just the same way Ceaser did.

"Can we take her home now?" Jules asked before she let her thoughts stray further.

"Of course." She said before looking at Ivy "Take care little one."

"Mr. Jenna." Ceaser said to himself after Dr. Kelly left and Jules tried to hold back her laughter as she bit on her lip, but a giggle slipped out.

"Dada?" Ivy called.

"Hey, munchkin." He walked over to Ivy "We're going home, right away." He smiled at her and kissed her cheek as Jules just watched them, all sense of humour had vanished from her.

After they had checked Ivy out, Ceaser got into the driver's seat after he had closed the door after Jules got in. He didn't want to drop Jules off at her house but what could he say.

I would like it if you and my daughter stayed at my place?
Ceaser thought.
That's not weird at all.

"Ready?" Ceaser looked at her

"To drop to sleep?" She asked, "As ready as I'll ever be."

Ceaser scoffed a laugh as he started the engine.
"You're tired?" He asked no one "Uh! It's hard to tell, you're still beautiful."

Jules felt her cheeks heat up and she looked away from him and out the moving car to hide her blush. Ceaser glanced at her and smiled. He could see her face from the side mirror.

They were silent throughout the entire ride which wasn't long but Ceaser made it as long as he could by driving slow enough not to raise her suspicion. He wanted to spend as much time as he could with both of them, even though there weren't any conversation or baby talks involved, being around them made him feel happy and content.

He glanced at Ivy who was sound asleep in Jules' arms and he looked up at Jules to find her lost in her thoughts again. She had her head against the headrest, turned towards the window. He noticed her eyes were droopy.

She was tired.

"You ok?" He asked

Jules turned to him and smiled a tired smile which made his stomach twist.

Damn. She was beautiful.
Ceaser thought as he imagined waking up to that.

"I will be." She said, "Once I get a couple of hours of sleep in." She stifled a yawn and the crinkle of her nose made her look very adorable.

"We're here." He said as he made the turn into her street.

"My hero." Jules had no idea what she was saying or doing, she was sleep-deprived and needed to get Ivy and herself to bed.

Ceaser would have replied to that if he wasn't busy staring at whatever was up ahead. Jules followed his gaze. She sat upright when she saw what he saw.

"What is that?" She asked

Ceaser asked himself the same question as he pulled up in front of Jules' house. He clenched his jaw when he realized what was going on.

Fucking VON.
He cursed.

"Is that what I think it is?" Jules asked

"Journalists hounding your neighbours?" Ceaser asked, "I can only guess why that is." He turned to her.

"It's almost midnight." She said

"They have no time when they want a story." Ceaser said, "I can't let you stay here all by yourself."

Flashing cameras all around.

"I'll be fine."

"You don't understand Jules." He said, "They would be here night and day every day till the story dies down which I'm certain would take a while seeing as they're trying for another story."

Jules was quiet.

"Ivy is not safe in this."

That got Jules giving up.
"Andy and Sofi have done enough for one night. I can't..."

"Stay with me." Ceaser's offer was out of his mouth before he could stop it.

Jules looked at him.
"I-I can't."

"Why not?" He asked, "We're friends, right?"

"When you put it like that..." Jules said.

Ceaser knew he had won that.

"But wouldn't you have the same situation at your place?"

"No." He said as he pulled out into the road. "There was this particular paparazzo that used to follow me everywhere and I got tired of it and ruined his life in the city and he had to leave. Every one of those flies got the message loud and clear. They hound me, they lose their shot."

Jules stared at him.
He wasn't one to take shit from anyone.
"Amanda said someone showed up at the restaurant asking questions about me." Jules said before she could stop herself.

Ceaser snapped his gaze at her and back at the road
"And you're just telling me now?"

"I didn't think it mattered."

"Christ, Jules!" Ceaser said, "Why tell me now?"

"Seeing them at my house speaking to my neighbours." Jules sighed. "This is what I was trying to avoid."

Ceaser glanced at her knowing what she meant.
It was his fault.

"Can we stop at a department store?" Jules asked, "I need to get a few things."

"Of course." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 731 47
Jet Wesley learned early on in life that family doesn't always imply unconditional love and happily ever afters. He well and truly received a thoroug...
73.4K 3.8K 31
[COMPLETED] After being almost killed by a hunter, Amelia meets the werewolves who saved her life, and now they have some life-changing news for her...
46.6M 1M 41
Grief-stricken over the death of the boss who was like a father to her, Olivia Bailey is left to deal with the aftermath--the arrival of his dashing...
34.9K 2.1K 37
Henrie Archibald is Ceo of several corporations he is hard working, but his biggest stress of all is his family so much drama all over there seems li...