Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 2」

1K 35 1
By lazilazuli

"Oh, Taehyung sunbae." As soon as you saw--No, felt his presence, you started to lose it. You tried to think of something to say to follow up with your words and ended up saying, "welcome back from the bathroom."

Taehyung's eyes narrowed, a complete look of confusion had taken over his features. "'Welcome back from the bathroom'?" Did he really hear that right?

"Uh, well..." you looked elsewhere. 'How embarrassing...'

'Who the hell says that to someone they just met?' As soon as the thought crossed his mind, Taehyung felt holes being burned into the side of his head. When he looked over to the next table, he found Park Jimin glaring at him. Uninterested by his dirty looks, Taehyung just rolled his eyes.

About a minute later, Sumin returned from the bathroom. She noticed that you were there and flashed a smile in your direction. "You're here, Jiyeong," she said, taking her place next to Taehyung. "What caused your delay?"

"I was stuck in traffic."

"Well," she smiled happily, "it's good that you're here now."

"Yeah," you returned her smile with one of your own.

Sumin, another friend of yours, was actually one of the first few people to come up and talk to you after you transferred. It was also around the same time that you reunited with Jungkook. Since then, you've gotten along really great. And even though you both like the same boy--well, you and a few hundred other girls at the university--you decided to make it into a friendly competition.

Seeing Sumin right beside Taehyung, you couldn't help but think how lucky she was.

"Sorry I took so long, oppa," she grinned. "I had gotten a call from a friend. I hope I didn't make you wait long."

"Mm," he hummed. He took up his chopsticks and took some meat from the grill, wrapping it in some lettuce and shoving it into his mouth.

'She's gotten so close to him that he's letting her call him oppa already? How lucky.' You hadn't noticed how loud your gasp was until you felt every eye at your table on you. After clearing your throat, you looked down towards your lap. It was certainly awkward now.

"You okay, Jiyeong?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. It's just that the meat looks so good." An awkward chuckle came out.

"That's all?" Jungkook giggled. "Here, let me cut some for you."

"Oh no," you waved your hands. "There's no need for you to do all of that." But Jungkook wasn't taking no for an answer and started cutting away. All you could do was thank him anyway. "Thanks, Jungkook."

"Oppa, have you been working out lately?" she asked, giving his arm a good squeeze. "You look so toned."

"Mm," he hummed before shoving more meat and rice into his mouth.

When you snuck a glance up at Taehyung, he had a blank look on his face as he hummed a response to her. From the looks of it, he seemed to be more focused on the food rather than Sumin. You had hoped for her not to get discouraged from his seemingly uninterested attitude.

As time passed on, the meat and everything else was soon gone. It was just about time to order another set of meat, lettuce, rice, a new bottle of soju and a few other things. So, Jungkook called over a server and had her bring them a fresh order of what they needed.

"Um, excuse me?" you stopped the waitress before she could walk away. "May I have a glass of water?"

"Sure thing," she said.

"Thank you."

"So, oppa," Sumin began to strike up another conversation at him, "I heard that you like to go skateboarding."

"Mm," his eyes were glued to the empty grill with a blank expression.

At this point, you were beginning to think that this guy didn't know any other sound aside from that one. Although, you would never have thought that he would be the type to go skateboarding. Then again, everyone does have an unexpected hobby.

"I've never ridden one before. They must be fun, huh?"

"Mhm."

Sumin then looked up, locking eyes towards you. You had the feeling that she was going to do what she had planned on doing for a few days now; ask Taehyung out on a date. With a nod, a smile, and a brief fist for cheering, you let her know that you were rooting for her.

"Um, I was thinking that maybe we could get together this weekend and you could teach me how?"

As Taehyung finally stopped shoving food into his mouth, he turned towards her, causing you and her both to hold your breaths.

"Sure, why not," he replied.

Your eyes widened up. 'He said, 'yes'!' Sumin had been wanting to ask him for days, and finally ended up with the answer she hoped for. Although it was a bittersweet feeling, you felt happy for her nevertheless.

The ends of her lips curled up right afterward. "I can't wait until the weekend then!" she grinned.

When Taehyung glanced up in Jimin's direction, he saw a shocked look on his face, causing him to smirk.

Since everyone was still waiting on the food, Taehyung started glancing around at the other people in the restaurant. Eventually, he got tired of looking at them and realized that he had yet to fully check out the new girl. His eyes wandered over towards your direction so that he could sneak a glance. To his surprise, and slight annoyance, he found you laughing and carrying on with Jungkook.

'What's wrong with this chick?' Is she not even going to attempt to have a conversation with me? She's just sitting there talking to Jungkookie.' Yet, he's the same one who was hoping that you wouldn't talk to him.

As discretely as he could, Taehyung started to review your entire profile without getting caught staring. 'I'm not going to lie, she's actually really pretty. It doesn't seem like she has a hundred layers of make-up on either. It looks natural on her. Then again, that's the power of make-up.'

Before he was caught up in a misunderstanding, Taehyung made sure to look off again; though that didn't last for too long. His eyes were soon drawn right back to you. Out of the many types he's slept with, you definitely seemed like one who would show their true colors in bed.

Finally, when the server girl came back, she placed the items on the table and left the rest up to you all. While waiting for the meat to cook on the grill, instead of looking off to other people, Taehyung found his eyes slowly wandering off to you, who was stuffing your cheeks and filling your belly like no tomorrow.

But when you felt a pair of eyes on you, you looked up, yet saw no one staring. Sumin was daydreaming, probably about her date, while Taehyung was watching the other people in the restaurant. Since no one was looking, you continued to eat.

Knowing he shouldn't, because of that really close call, Taehyung decided that he would steal yet another glance, but this time with something to say. "How come you're not drinking any alcohol?"

When you looked up, you were confused as to why Taehyung was staring at you, at least that's what you thought. 'Is he really looking at me? No way, he must be looking at someone else.' '

When you looked back, to see if any girls were looking over to your table, you were surprised to find no one doing so. 'No way.' When your head snapped back in place, you found him still staring. Your eyes went wide, and your mind started running. 'Is he really talking to me? Right here? Right now?' Then again, you were the only one who was drinking water.

You definitely did come to try and get to know him better, but it's still shocking to see that he was the one to initiate a conversation with regular ol' you. Taehyung was just one out of the 7 boys that many girls wanted to date. Just becoming close to him, or any of them for that matter, would be a dream.

"I'm talking to you."

Your heart started to flutter, and your cheeks started to warm up. It was official. Kim Taehyung was talking to you. How could you not become even the slightest bit flustered, knowing the fact that a pair of charming dark eyes, was staring back at you? If he wanted to, he could bewitch anyone with those things.

"Are you going to answer my question or just keep staring at me?"

"Oh, no," you shook your head, with a slightly nervous laugh. "I'm not a drinker."

"Why not?"

Your eyes were nearly bulging right out of your head. 'He's still talking to me? Is this a dream or what?'

"I--I have a very low tolerance for it. Alcohol, I mean." Being that you couldn't handle the intensity of his stare, you slowly looked off someplace else.

"Hm," you heard him respond. At least he knew how to hum differently.

"So, you guys ready to go to karaoke later after this?"

"Yeah, I am," you turned to him with a smile.

"I'm not." Taehyung bluntly answered. "As a matter of fact, I'm going to get going." He took up his jacket and stood up for the last time. "Thanks for the meal." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. He pulled out a 20 and placed it down on the table. "For my share of the bill." He closed up his wallet and placed it back in his back pocket.

"Hyung, you're going to leave already?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah, I'm stuffed. Plus, I'm getting tired."

"Alright, see you then," Jimin waved. Jimin was too busy flirting with the girl beside him, to really look over to him.

"Uh, bye Sunbae." Once again you were unable to look him in the eyes.

"Bye-bye, oppa! See you this weekend for our date," Sumin waved to him.

"Yeah, bye," Taehyung said not another word and left the restaurant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 340 42
"Agonizingly slow you lifted your head up to meet the eyes of your consoling stranger. A dark brown gaze filled with light golden specks met yours an...
2.5M 141K 37
«Kim Taehyung helps your boyfriend cheat» au «"You shouldn't be with him!" Taehyung says, chest heaving from screams. "Then who should I be with?" Y...
327 52 24
Lee Y/N loved felt torn between two men, her boyfriend and his best friend. Kim Taehyung wasn't the one to be jealous but as he got closer to Y/N, he...
844 104 13
"in dizzying memories that feel like dreams. the rain pours whilst i dance alone. its beautiful, isn't it? when this mist clears i will run toward...