Beyond the Doubts

By DiaTheLit

My works #14 //. Set in Los Angeles of the early 2000's, Adonte Jackson - an average junior high schooler is... More

c o p y r i g h t s
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o

t e n

6.9K 599 693
By DiaTheLit

❝Side Effects ❞
____
10

Adonte and Isla tongues kept roaming each other's mouths as they leaned farther into the bathroom door. Isla held the back of Adonte's neck with not much of a tight grasp. The door to the bathroom opened quickly and Adonte caught Isla as she was fixing to fall backwards.

"Excuse me." Chelsey said as she looked at them strangely but not wanting to make eye contact with Adonte -one because of her earlier actions and also getting him in trouble.

She headed her own way back down the stairs as Isla looked at her then back at Adonte. He glanced at Chelsey then down into Issy's face. She chuckled embarrassedly as she stepped back from his grip, pulling her hair into a ponytail form with her hands then let it go behind her back.

Don returned the shy chuckle and rubbed the back of his back, thinking what his next move should be. Isla tucked her lips as her eyes travelled around the small hallway before she pushed the bathroom door back open and flipped the light on. "Um, I'll be out soon." She said briefly before entering and shutting the door behind her.

She leaned her back against the door and inhaled deeply then eyed the toilet, getting ready to use it quickly. Adonte didn't have time to respond before she was already in the bathroom with the door locked. However, he was proud of himself for stepping up and making a move ; tonight he had kissed his long-term crush and she kissed back! Nothing could either ruin or better his mood.

"Adonte! Yo, D." Adonte turned to his left and saw his friend, Kain, rushing up towards him with a different look in his eyes -a look he knew he had when he was about to do something he had no business. "Aye, try this with me."

Don faced downward as Kain did a handoff with him, dropping a small, white pill into his hand. Don furrowed his eyebrows and observed it closely before looking up at Kain. "Fuck you just give me?"

"Obviously it's a pill."

"But what does it do?"

"I said try it with me for a reason. I don't know, I've never had it. "

"Well did you think about asking the person you got it from what it does?" Adonte continued to fuss, resulting into Kain giving him an unamused face and sigh deeply. Kain flashed the colored pill that was between his fingertips, up.

"Are you going to try it or not? Stop being a pussy."

Adonte shook his head, looking around as the music still blarred loudly from down the hall. He thought long and hard for those couple of seconds, at least he thought. He looked back down at the pill and thought about his confident night, thinking why not take the risk this once. Besides it's a pill, he could always just make himself regurgitate it, right?

"I need some water or something." Adonte murmured and Kain grinned widely, smacking his arm then head nodded towards the center of the party.

"It's some bottle of waters in the cooler. C'mon."

Just as they walked away vanishing into the crowd to get to the kitchen, Isla unlocked and opened the door noticing Adonte wasn't there anymore. She knitted her brows together in confusion and looked both directions then went on and stepped out since a girl walked up needing to use the restroom.

Just as she was considering to go look for him, Rhonda rushed up to her. She looked at her panicky friend, wondering what the problem was. "Your dad told my mom he was about to come pick you up. We have to leave, now!" There it was.

Both girls rushed through the huddles of teenagers with subtle excuse me's as they headed for the door quickly. They had to get back to Rhonda's house not too far from there in a matter of minutes to keep down the suspicion of Isla's strict policeman father. Isla had passed Adonte quickly, not even noticing it was him.

Coincidentally just as they rushed passed him, he turned around to face forward with Kain not noticing them leaving either. "On three. One, two, three!" Kain counted down before he threw the pill back with the water following while Adonte slid the pill to the back of his tongue with his finger then drunk the water for it to wash it down.

"Whew shit! I'm nervous." Idiotically Kain stated afterwards and laughed. Adonte sent him a side glare as he took a breath. Why'd I even do this, he asked to himself. Peer pressure would have you doing just about anything.

The few minutes that had passed made the drug evident in their system. They both could feel their heart rate speed up as the scene before them seem to blur to the slightest bit. Adonte clenched his teeth and grabbed his forehead, evening his breathing.

"I feel hype man. I could go run a marathon." Kain yells for no particular reason as he rubs his arms quickly from the chill he had just caught.

Adonte scolded him with disgust before he could feel his blood rushing to his fist. He clenched them, wakening an boxing urge as he stood before Kain in his face. "You're fucking stupid bro! This was the dumbest shit." He spat, feeling his head spin.

"Bro, back the hell back! Stop being a wuss all the time."

"Aye, what's y'all problem?" J.T just so happened to see her friends in each other faces after making out with two girls for the night and rushed towards them, pushing them away from each other. Marcus popped up and stood back, overseeing their odd behavior.

Adonte shook his head and plopped down on one of the stools that just so happen to be behind him. He felt moisture to his skin as he had just noticed he was sweating. The guys that gave Kain the pill overlooked and smirked, continuing to blow smoke into the atmosphere while taking the two youngsters, newbies to drugs altercation as entertainment.

"Hell is wrong with y'all? Are y'all high?" Marcus finally spoke up and questioned.

"Stop being a pussy, pfst. At least I can get pussy." Adonte thought he was mumbling to himself but due to his new, unknown level of drug use he was saying it louder than he thought. Instigators ooo'd his statement as his muscles tensed up.

"What pussy nigga? You're still a fucking virgin cause you're waiting on little miss Isla! She don't want you nigga. She's probably getting bent over by some college nigga who speaks fluent fr-" Kain was knocked down to his back as blows was sent to his face repeatedly.

Adonte didn't hold back a blow that went flying to Kain's T area of his face, his main goal being to break something. Anything. He didn't really see Kain however, he only saw red and he saw everything that angered him but remain built up. He saw his parents neglect, he saw his uncle's death, he saw his rejections, he saw his own flaws, he saw Jeremy. Marcus and J.T yanked Adonte off Kain after a couple failed tries.

The crowd went wild with cheers and fight! fight! chants. Marcus helped Kain up as he groaned in agony, feeling the broken feeling of his nose and the swelling of his eye. Adonte laid back on the floor, placing his palms in his face as the blood from his knuckles dripped on him and he felt his skin burning up while his clothes drenching from sweat.

Adonte mumbled to himself trying to calm himself down and to clear his mind. He had never done anything like that and he never thought he would. He felt bad for doing his friend like that dispite of what was said. Just when he thought he had himself calm, he heard laughter erupt from Jeremy causing his muscles to tense again.

"Aww virgin Mary hit his boyfriend." Jeremy teased and burst into laughter again as a few others voices carried along with his. J.T pushed a napkin up to Kain nose as he held his head upward-not even bothering to retaliate against Adonte though he was still high. Adonte sat up from off his back and tried to make out Jeremy's face in the crowd as his vision still blurred in and out.

"You're a bitch Jeremy." Adonte stood up to his feet and leaned against the wall. He threw him the bird. "You can suck my dick."

Jeremy clenched his jaw as they finally cut off the music. Jeremy walked up slowly to Adonte and stood a couple feet from him thinking he was intimidating him like usual but due to his sky level at the moment, Adonte had little to no fear of anything right now.

"You better watch ya mouth junior. Before I have to do you like you did your little ass fucker."

"You would know right?" Adonte burst into loud laughter and leaned his head up against the wall, looking up at the ceiling. "I bet Rhonda don't know you were openly gay in eight grade with your homies before moving to this side of town. Or that you get those Jordan's on your feet from the janitor. Or that the only reason you're even getting scholarships is because your slut ass mom stays on her knees. You suck at football! Just like you suck at boxing!" Adonte spat as everyone was quiet.

He would laugh between some words but he was stating nothing but facts. Jeremy was in such mere shock he knew, he didn't even find himself throwing a punch. J.T, Kain, and Marcus was just as surprised that he blurted out confidential information they had all found out overtime and from some computer lurking Marcus had dug up. Adonte pushed himself off the wall and stood faced to face with Jeremy, staring at him with hooded eyes.

"Be ready for that match because I swear I'm not taking it easy on you. Just remember this isn't eight grade and I'm not ya boy Danny over there so try not to kneel down and suck me off afterwards. Bitch." Adonte threatened, causing eyes to go to Danny as well -a friend that hung out with Jeremy and his posse. J.T couldn't compose herself as she hollered a laugh.

Adonte pulled the front door open and walked out, exhaling then inhaling as the night's coldness cooled his heated state. J.T held her fist over her mouth as she looked at Jeremy. He looked back at her, clenching his jaw before she turned on her heels and walked out the door behind Don. Kain clenched his teeth in a yikes way, glancing at Jeremy while still holding the paper towel to his nose. He walked out also before Marcus handed Jeremy a napkin.

"Here. Try not to cry too much."

Jeremy spat,"Fuck you." Marcus glanced behind him and pointed his finger.

"Aye Danny, keep ya' man happy alright?" Marcus joked then scoffed a laugh before leaving out the door as well and slamming it behind the four friends. Marcus ran up behind Adonte and jumped on his back, patting his head out of proudness.

"Where the hell you come from bro!! You left that nigga jaw on the ground brah."

"Did you see the look on his face? " J.T added in as they all walked away from the house, on their way to their homes. Marcus was now off Adonte's back.

"You just better win that match cause you've talked too much shit now to not to." Kain butted in. "Damn nigga did you have to beat my ass though?"

"My bad bro." Adonte mumbles first then said additionally."-I'm just ready to get in bed." They all nod in agreement. Kain pulled the rest of the Molly pills out of his pocket and shoved it in Adonte's.

"Seem like you're going to need these for a further time."

- · -

Adonte scrubbed down the dirty tables with the wet rag as he leaned over to get the far end of it. He pushed his eyebrows together as he worked on one stain that seemed to not want to get off.

After a long night of waiting for the side effects of the drug to wear off, he finally got some sleep. He woke up to the most nauseas feeling along with painful stiffness in his fists. Once regurgitating before and after his hot shower, he did his hygiene and was off to school. Now, it was after school and he was working the end of his shift before he had to study with Isla.

He had hoped she didn't hear about the altercations last night that was completely out of his character. He didn't want to be known as someone like that especially from her -he blamed the drug which was a good excuse.

Adonte finally finished wiping down the current table and placed the usual items back in the middle of it before dumping the rag into the bucket that had dirty dishes inside. He gripped the side handles of it and trailed off to the kitchen. He pushed the door open with his foot and walked in, heading straight to the dishing washing station as his grandmother was on the phone taking an order and his grandfather worked on a Now Hiring sign.

Don stayed quiet and to himself as he pulled each plate out carefully, rinsing them then washed them carefully before he placed them on the drying rack -you push it under the machine and it dries the last of the residue water in a matter of minutes.

He was done in approximately thirty minutes, once all of the dishes were dry and stacked them up where they needed to be. His shift was over so he grabbed his bag and skateboard from the employee room. He headed for the door before his Leroy stopped him.

"Put this on the front window on your way out." Leroy told him to do as he handed him the completed sign along with ducktape. Adonte nods in answer and grabs it in his unoccupied hand. He pushed the kitchen's door back nearly hitting his grandmom with it.

"Oo, sorry grandma!"

"It's okay Don. Stop being in a rush all the time." She joked and thumped him. He simply smiled and continued on his route to the door. He placed his skateboard on the ground before turning towards the building's window, starting to tape the sign to it neatly. He was just about done when he heard a car pull up behind him and a window roll down.

He finished his short job and turned to the car, noticing it was Isla. "Hey." She smiled big underneath her shades and he returned it, throwing up two fingers as a waving gesture. "I was just about to stop to grab something to eat but I see you're ready for our study. You need a ride?" He shrugged and jogged over to her car with his skateboard and tape, pulling the passenger door open.

"You can still go get something to eat, I can wait." Adonte insisted as he pulled his book bag from off his back to between his legs with his skateboard, putting the tape inside of it to give to his grandad later.

Isla shook her head in disagreement before pulling off from the side of the block. "How about we just order some pizza?"

"That's fine."

"Your place or mine? "

Adonte thought about how it was his turn to have it at his house though he wasn't on the best side of town like hers. He also thought about how both of his grandparents were at the restaurant working so they'll have peaceful quietness. "I believe it's my turn for it to be at my place."

Issy replied with a simply okay before he gave her directions on where to go. She was surprised to know where he lived but she wasn't the type to judge. Even though it wasn't the greatest neighborhood, their house stood out from the neatness and well maintenance. Isla parked in front of the house along the curb and shut off her ignition.

"Not much but here it is." Adonte welcomed her as he looked up at the house with a shrug. She faced towards him and smiled, nodding.

"It looks great Don. I can't wait to see the inside. " She replied in honesty.

It wasn't long before they made their way inside and Adonte showed her around the main areas. She found herself admiring his younger photos and the picture of his family but saw the distant look on his face when she turned towards him to ask about them-therefore she didn't ask. They got to his room and he called in the pizza order for them both so he would be able to give them the address.

They sat on the bed beside each other with their world language books open. They shared a few laughs here and there as they went over a couple words -Adonte's way of pronouncing some words being funny.

"No, je suis génial."

"Jesus gentials." Adonte grinned as he chuckled. Issy threw her head back laughing and clutched her chest. She looked back at him with a giggle and shook her head.

"C'mon Don, say it right." She whined.

"je suis génial."

"Great. Remember love? "

"Amour."

"Now what's beautiful? "

"You." Was Adonte's response as he looked at her from the side. She grinned while looking at him then faced down, feeling her cheeks heat from the compliment. Adonte pushed her hair to behind her ear as it had fell to the side of her face.

He placed his hand underneath her chin and turned her face towards him slowly and gently, staring intently at her full, uniquely shaped lips. "So about last night. ." She trailed off causing him to grow nervous slightly but he didn't let go of her. "You're a great kisser." She continues softly.

Adonte took it upon himself to lean his lips into hers, planting a sweet kiss on them but not pulling back. Isla reached over and sat her hand on his cheek, pushing her lips farther into his before rolling her hands down his clothed chest. "Can you take your shirt off?"

Not hesitating, Adonte grabbed the hem of his uniform shirt and pulled it off over his head, dropping it onto the floor as their lips joined back together. Both of their eyes was closed as their lips gapped slightly with each movement. They were in synch as Adonte rested his hand on her knee, beneath her book.

"Can you take yours off?" He asked and eased his eyes open to look at her. She opened hers a little after and looked into his, stopping the movement of their lips as they separated. Isla glanced down at her shirt then back at him, pulling it up over her head and off her body. She forgot she went without a bra for the day but once the air hit her nipples, the memory came flooding back.

"Oh my god." She shrieked covering herself with her arm as she laid her shirt on the floor as well. Adonte swallowed and tried not to stare but his eyes kept going back downward over her chest, admiring her upper smooth body that held a good thirty four c-cup size. "You're still beautiful." He blurted unknowingly.

Isla grabbed his book and her own, sitting it to the side as she stood up. Her arm still wrapped around her breasts as she unbuttoned her shorts, pulling them downward as she faced her back towards Adonte. He faced forward at her as she had them down to her ankles, flashing her round ass and white thong that came between each cheek.

"Uh I-Isla." He found himself stuttering as he felt his other self stirring in his pants, wanting to stand. She turned to him and placed her arm down beside her.

"I really want to be a model along with a singer."

"You could totally do it." Adonte inquired as he looked down over her.

"Would you do it with me? Like take pictures?"

"Would that make you comfortable? " He asked and she nodded. Gulping down another load a spit, he agreed."Then yeah, I could try it out."

"I would also be comfortable if you were like me right now." Adonte got the hint and slowly reached for the button on his jeans, pushing it through the slit to undo. He slid the zipper down then his jeans off his torso and legs with nothing but underwear on just as Isla.

Isla opened his arms wide and climbed into his lap as she sat on top of him, straddling him. She let go off his arms and gripped his face as he looked into hers with uttermost surprise. "I don't want to do anything Adonte but. . . if it ever was to lead to that, I don't want to regret it. Okay?" She speaks to him in a soft, calming tone where he could only nod.

He finally mustered up and said, "I promise you won't regret me."

Beyond the doubts in her mind, she believed him and he meant what he said. She bobbed her head before pressing their lips back together, kissing him. He wrapped his arms around her small frame and added the same amount of force into the kiss, enjoying the feeling and the sounds their lips made when together. He couldn't help the feelings that brewed through his body as one of his hands rubbed up and down her back while the other found their way to her ass, gripping her cheek firmly.

Things were beginning to instinctively get heated between them. Isla adverted her head to each side so their mouths could gain more access to the others. Their tongue explored each other's mouth like that of a lost being but before any major decisions were made, the heat cooled and ceased once they heard the doorbell.

"Pizza delivery!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 2.5K 89
Alisha's life had never been normal. Having adoptive, overprotective brothers, who also happened to be superstars guaranteed that. She dealt with hat...
828 386 45
"Beyond Reflections" is a poignant and thought-provoking novel written by Nelboy Arriola Aguaviva. With heartfelt storytelling and compelling charact...
3.5K 362 66
(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong language and other mature themes. ...
19.2K 716 43
started: 11/17/22 finished: 6/17/23 Sequel to "I'll wait forever and a day" Khalil davis, 17 year old junior in high school. Trying to his best to...