Shatter ✔ #TheWattys2017

By Wowchilee

HIGHEST RANKING: #1 IN WEREWOLF [[*COMPLETED*]] Nova is the daughter of a Beta. And her mate? The Alphas firs... More

➸ 1. Shattered Soul
➸ 2. Sorry
➸ 3. The Pull
➸ 4. Selfish
5. Heart❤
6. Damage
7. Sorrow
8. Homecoming
9. Twisting Knives
10. Skin
11. Matter
12. Desire
13. Home
14. Rules
15. Attack
16. Last Time
17. A Gift
18. Brother, Oh Brother
19. Lying Games
20. Eden
21. Pain
22. Agony
23. Intoxicated Lust
24. Disgrace
25. Savage☠
26. Loophole
27. Thrash
28. Beware
29. Instincts
30. Gracie
31. Night of Terror
32. Discovery
33. Alpha Conrad
34. The Meeting
35. Bitch Fight (literally)
36. Secrets (part 1)
37. Secrets (part 2)
38. Secrets (part 3)
39. Alpha Blood
40. Two Roads Diverged
41. Insidious
42. Heat.
*PRIVATE CHAPTERS*
43. Regrets
44. Broken
45. Proposition
46. Fire
47. Loose Ends
48. Runaway
49. Monster
50. Gone
51. Unsteady
52. Down We Go
53. Strong
54. Pack
55. Warrior
56. Beast - part 1
57. Beast - part 2
58. Alpha
59. Running With Wolves
60. Realities (re-edit)
61. In - Dependence
62. Free As A Bird
63. An Alpha's Command
64. Coming Home
65. Tongue Teeth & Claws
66. Heart & Soul
67. Painful Memories
68. Strength
69. Vicious
70. Undiluted Pleasure (MA)
71. Hot and Cold
72. United Front
73. New Beginnings
74. Scent
75. The Moon's Will
76. Prepare
77. Packs of Wolves
78. WAR p.1. (edited)
80. Bloody Meadow (word edit)
81. Gemini Moon ♊
82. Alive
83. Blessings
84. Death
85. Funeral
86. Letters || 86.2 Mates (additon)
87. Fireworks
88. The Change
89. Powers
90. Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde (edited / re-read new material)
91. Savior *[the finale]*
Epilogue I - "I Do"
Epilogue II. Birth-Daze
.:*Cover Contest Right Here!!!*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD. P2*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD P3*:.
Epilogue III - Winning
COVER FINALS!!!
Epilogue IV - All Grown Up
EXCITING NEWS ABOUT SHATTER!
[[rachelle]]

79. WAR p.2 (edited)

204K 7.2K 5.3K
By Wowchilee

Wattpad has me edit this story bc i missed a few curse words so please ignore if you have read this chap already.

Shouts to midgexoxo and ForBetterAndForWorst for figuring out who the incoming pack was!! Good job!

This is unedited and sloppy at the end. Im gonna republish it once i fix it so dont freak of you see an update tomkrrow

Nova

The air was still. Quiet. A quivering nervous silence.

All agression that had surfaced and vibrated around, evaporated in am instant and was replaced by shock.. by curiosity. This wasnt what we expected. Not a territory breach.

The blare of the whistle the surrounding scouts sounded off still rang in our ears, leaving us in shock.

Dazed and Confused.

Wolves stood around dumbfounded, peering around for something.

Anything.

And for just a few moments it was as if time stilled. Even the Alphas just stood, not believing what they had just heard.

"Now who would be stupid enough to breach territory." A male mumbled close by.

"Everyone! To your stations!!!! We have guests!!" Zaryn, now in his role of Alpha X, broke the silence with his deep voice that cut through the thick sheets of silence like a razor blade.

At the sound of his voice, wolves began to scatter, spreading out so that they could form our front lines while Conrad and Maxim shouted orders to their lead commands. 

Hands were grabbing me up, my mates bright blue eyes gazing into mine with so much intensity.. "I need you to stay back. Your dad will hide you.. i need you safe. Promise. Me." His words were rushed and he was breathless.. the wolf inside him breaking. He searched my face with desperation, pleading with me.

As much as i had planned to run off and do my own thing... i couldnt. Not when he was standing here pleading with me this way.  This hurt my soul to see him fear for me.

Nodding profusively, my wide green eyes danced around his features. Without another word, he crushed me to him, lips smashing against my own in a hurried kiss, his tonge tasting me only for a second before breaking away, a lingering look in his eyes.

"Stay safe Nova. I'll come for you after." His deep voice rattled me as he turned, running toward Maxim and Conrad while they continued to shout out orders to their packs. pack members only listened to their Alphas and we had three total.

The way wolves were running, you'd think there was an all you can eat buffet, only fear struck their hearts amidst their run..

for others... the Dark Moon pack who lived to go down with a fight, they were ready. The males putting their weaker females in the back lines while they stood front and center, the issue of purity long forgotten. They were protecting what was theirs now. The entire front mainly consisted of Dark Moon mixed with Blue Moon males because they had better training than we. Blake had never been a killer.

We needed killers.

That would all change once Zaryn and I began to change things around. We would be a feirce pack . A force to be reckoned with.

"Nova come on, lets go." Dad's voice sounded harsh behind me as his hand gripped my shoulder but i was entranced.. curious.. i needed to see who this was.. who was coming to our land.

"Wait! I need to know who has come!" I shouted over my shoulder to him. Ignoring my request, he began pulling me toward him but i couldn't let him hide me just yet. I would keep my promise to Zaryn but i needed to know.  For my own curiosity.

Using the advantage of hundreds of wolves running wild, i shook him off and ran forward.. losing him amongst the bodies i brushed against.

I saw Eden run towards the rows of trucks with Grace where they could clearly see the action. Without another thought, i ran to them, startling them with my approach.

"Come on." I took their hands,  bringing them with me between the rows of other trucks.. i just  needed to see.

"Sh!t, my heart is about to fall out of my ass!" Eden hissed. She sounded just like Nic sometimes and I could hear the hammering of her heart... her pulse erratic.

Grace held my hand, "What's going to happen? Whose coming?" Her words were rushed, her worried eyes widening.. lip pulled between her teeth.

I shrugged, remaining calm, while my wolf was snarling at me in my head to protect the pup. And i would.  My wolf cant fight my battles since i can't shift because of being pregnant.. now i have to rely on her senses and my strength.  Hopefully it wont come to that. Once i could see who the idiot dumb enough to encroach our territory with two visiting packs here could be? Then i would take the girls with me back to Zaryn's truck where my dad, im sure, was frantically searching for me.

We watched, ducked off between two trucks as males and females from all three packs ran back and forth.. shouting commands to the warriors who stood front.

X, Maxim and Conrad stood front and center.. each Alpha exuding dominance.. agression.  All the worries that were once there were now gone as they banned together to sort out these problems we now faced.

"Im fùçking scared!" Eden whispered. "What if Conrad gets hurt!?" A slight whimper could be detected through her voice and i felt the urge to comfort her. The once overly confident seductress party girl was now a one male kind of female, dressed down and worrying over a male she decided to share her heart with.  I realised then that she really does love him. But i had to ask.

Turning, my eyes met her bright green ones. "Do you really love him?"

Tears filled her eyes and she nodded. "Yes. I do. I know its crazy but-"

"Its not crazy. I want you to close your eyes and focus on your power. You haven't used it at all and usually that is your first go to. Use that strength.  Use it to calm our surrounding wolves and to calm yourself. Let whoever is coming smell that power .. let them think we have four Alphas instead of three." My words were steady and she nodded, wiping her tears away.

Closing her eyes, she began finding her strength... fueling off of it. I could feel the tentacles of her the calming affect she could create, wrapping around us.

Chocolate eyes widened on me. "Nova.." Grace seemed so scared.. guilty. "Nic is out there.. i . I never got the chance to..."

Determination in my gaze as i gripped her shoulder. "You will get your chance. And when you do? Dont hold back. Dont wait like i did. He loves you theres no doubt.  Just run with it." Hard words hit her ears but her breathing calmed. "Eden getting pregnant was a mistake. Him sleeping with her hurts i know but you were pregnant with another male and even though you didnt know of him when you did it, and he knew of you... dont blame him. Eden has this power that attracts Alphas and sucks them in. He really had no chance.  No one would have. Okay?" I held her eyes with mine.. her features softening, realising she had reasons to be okay now.

"Okay." She nodded, attemping to smile but failing . Shes trained yes. Shes good too... but her worries are always a constant.

I need to be strong for them.. Its time for me to take my role as Luna but worrying about Zaryn and my parents.. my brother.. it was like a live wire inside of me, snapping around to and fro with electric energy. I should have stayed with dad but then i would never know who had come. It may be more difficult to get back to my parents from over here but i will make it. I trust in my abilities.

The sound of pounding feet against the ground,  stampede of wolves,  could be heard by my capable and able ears... a gift from the moon. I stood from my suatted position, looking toward the wooded forrest and my mouth fell open with what i saw.

Hundreds of wolves spilled out of the woods, some in fur and some in skin. Snarling, they branched out to the length of the tree line, eyes glowing. Ill intent clearly written on their expressions; both skin sides and furs.

I frowned, not understanding what this actually was. Who were these wolves??

All three packs at the Mate Picnic were gathered, waiting, ready. Half shifted and half in skin- standing ready for a fight.

X, Maxim and Conrad were waiting in the front, their stance of dominance clear from afar, even where all those wolves stood snarling yards and yards away, i knew they could clearly see what they were mistakingly dealing with.

A figure encroached, walking steadily towards the front of the offensive wolves with a steely gaze. His eyes darting around, a surprised expression on his features at the realisation what he had his pack walk into.

The tall broad frame.. elderly wolf. White thinning hair.. bulky from too many carbs. Hard set lines on his face....

I'd know this wolf anywhere.

Alpha Reynold. From Moon Stone.

X was still present in Zaryn's place, his wolf a totally different entity than himself. He stepped forward.. an incredulous look on his gorgeous  face.. blinking.  Not believing what he was seeing.

"Alpha Reynold!?" His tone was of disbelief and soon crescent moon was growling out their discomfort but Maxim growled the loudest, his hands fisted at his side.. he looked as if he would burst at the seams.

He knew this wolf personally.

Reynold, which i found out was what he was referred to as opposed to Renaldo, stalked forth with his beta and son, as did our three Alphas.

"What is the meaning of you bringing your wolves on my territory without consent, Reynold?" X growled out while Maxim's eyes flashed dangerously on the elderly Alpha.

Reynold stood tall, though doubt shone in those cobalt eyes, assessing the two wolves beside X.  "What are Dark Moon and Blue Moon doing here? They arent supposed to be here." He eyed Maxim and Conrad carefully, the wolves beside him tensing up.

Maxim stepped forth, growling, ready to rip this alpha, in his fifties,  to shreds. "We are having a mate picnic. Answer Alpha X's questions before we decide to act first and ask questions later. We have three packs of well trained warriors feeling extra possesive over their mates." He snarled.

Alpha Reynold chuckled as his son, i presume, glared menacingly.  "Still upset over the loss of your mate, eh Max?"

Maxim snarled, lunging forward but X grabbed his arm as he remained calm.. it was a sight for anyone. Three hulking Alphas in their most agressive state.. masks of anger.. only for one to be holding back the other.

"State the reason you have trespassed on my land before you're  punishment!" X roared, both Conrad and Maxim huffing and puffing beside him.

At that moment Reynold seemed unsure.  That doubt is always something another wolf can feel which only made the three Alphas puff up more, Conrad glaring hard at Reynold, lip raising.

Reynold stood, head high and shoulders back.. his watch never wavering as they locked with Zaryn's.

"I've come to get what i deserve. What's owed to me. Your previous Alpha hid the murder of my daughter.. his sons own mate.. murdered by the one male she should have been able to trust. She was my only heir. My only one!" He roared.

Zaryn rose a brow, "For trespassing on my land? Yes. You'll get what you deserve. And you lie. This is your son, no?' My mate took a defensive stance, ready to make the first move.

Reynolds gaze shifted to Maxim for a moment. "He isn't mine. He is my nephew, Ryan..raised by my hand.  My daughter was my only heir. I've come for retribution." His voice was deep but slightly shaky with age.

Zaryn, which i cant seem to call him when he's in this state, more like X, chuckled darkly as the the Alphas beside him growled low in their throats. "I gave you your retribution the night i fought my father and won! Then you were so graciously invited to watch his punishment!" X roared, his face turning red, the alpha wolf in him tired of talking and ready to fight.

Reynold laughed dryly. "That didn't bring my daughter back and my good for nothing mate couldn't reproduce! We had ten miscarriages and only one survived! Laurel's mate would have been the next Alpha!!!" He spat.

Maxim snarled, "BECAUSE SHE WAS NEVER YOUR MATE!!!!!" his voice was loud and threatening. It even semt shivers down my own spine. "SHE WAS MY MATE!"

Gasps from my lips along with hundreds of other wolves filled the air at the realisation.

Maxim's true mate.. what Gabriel said about her being sold off like a whore .... she was sold to Reynold!!!

How couod that be? Why would someone do that!? How could anyone let their mate go through that?? It explained Reynold's statement though.  It was difficult for females to become pregnant by any male aside from their mate. Grace and Eden were proof. Miscarriages always happened in that instance..

Reynold glared at Maxim. "Shes been no help to me.. couldnt even give me a son! Shes worthless! I would say if you want her, you could have her... but shes dead. Killed herself after we discovered our Laurel's body. She always was a weak wolf." The disgust on Reynolds face made me angry.. how dare he.. "plus.. you are a new Alpha. Young. This is prime land.. and i want it." His sickening smile had a growl tumbling out of my chest.

Maxim growled in anger, his teeth sliding out and X let go of his arm, giving his permission.  Maxim snarled, letting his wolf out,  grabbing Reynold by the collar and bringing his face to his.. veins coming out of his thick neck. "Consider this war. I will kill you myself!" Furious words spat at his face.

I felt a fire inside me light. Starting in the center of my chest, it expanded.. igniting my entire being. My wolf felt protective over Maxim for some reason. All three of those Alphas, she saw as her pack mates despite them having their own packs. My anger was surging.

Poor Maxim... what had he been through.. it sounded to me that obviously he never wanted his mate to be in that predicament just from the way Reynold said the things he did..

I whipped to face Eden whose jaw was clenched in her own anger, clearly she felt a kinship with Maxim as well. I could see it in the way she narrowed her green orbs at Reynold from afar.

"Eden." She met my stare with hard eyes. "Release your energy, fully. Game on." My words were rushed and confident.

She nodded, closing her eyes and thats when i felt it...

Tangible tendrils of Alpha sized energy.. a copious amount of Dominance radiating from her as she pushed it... towards the wolves on the field.

I could tell everyone sensed it because their eyes all darted around... searching. Reynold did not shake or shy away from Maxim's grip or from his threat but asked, "is there another Alpha here?" His voice quakey.. unsure of himself.

Conrad's eyes widened and he scanned the field, recognizing that Alpha energy.  Maxim and X recognized it too as they smirked at each other knowingly..

"You never know." Zaryn winked with a smirk. "Prepare for war, Reynold. You will die today." He leaned over to whisper in his ear while Reynold's son and beta both raised their hackled at my mates threat.

Ive never felt so attracted to him than when he's like this.. so.. in charge.

Maixim shoved the Alpha backwards, sending him stumbling. He, Conrad and X stood in front of the decrepit old Alpha like three greek gods.

Untouchable.

Reynold was now seeing his mistake, slowly backing away but it was too late to back out. They easily could have gone ahead and taken him out but it's sort of a big no no to do that. In wolf culture, if there is war and the Alpha wants words first.. you give each other the notice of when its time.

And X just gave him his notice.

The three Alphas turned abruptly, storming toward the sea of wolves like hurricanes.. barking out orders to ready themselves as Reynold, his son and beta rushed back to their own warriors.. no females from what i could see.

X boomed, giving orders to our pack as Maxim and Conrad did the same with theirs. Once everyone had their orders, all three Alphas shifted into fur along with other pack members who had waited for this moment. Bones crackling and material ripping filled the tense atmosphere.

Here's what we have all been waiting for.

We watched as Reynold commanded his pack, yelling things i could no longer make out over the shifting of wolves. More of his wolves began to shift, fur replacing skin. Some in skin form, others in fur. The strongest of warriors always stayed in skin to fight.. That was the advantage. The Alpha's usually shifted with their wolf warriors... fighting alongside them.

Everything began to blur and my heart sped as Grace, Eden and i watched the scene from between two trucks. It felt suddenly hot, my body being wrapped in Edens cosmic energy. Sweat trickled down my neck almost as if she was breathing fire..

Wolves began charging toward each other from both sides.. hundreds and hundreds of wolves from three allying packs, maybe three hundred all together with the warriors included, charging toward a pack with maybe two hundred. Reynold's entire male warriors. The odds would not be in his favor.

I quickly found Zaryn's, his grey wolf with white markings, so large and muscular, in the center of the trio. They ran side by side; a slightly larger black wolf, Maxim.. and finally the other dark gunmetal grey wolf, Conrad.

They were pumping their muscles a hard as they could, ears flattened, hackles raised. This was not like a challenge.  It was all out war... They snarled, rushing toward the Moon Stone pack with an urgency.. warriors, some in wolf and some in skin - charging right behind them. Skins were screaming war cries as they drew their weapons and released their wolves to the surface, eyes glowing with malice, bearing teeth and claws

Alpha Reynold led the Moon Stone pack in his wolf form, a Tawny colored wolf with greying spare fur..not as large our three Alphas.

His warriors were rushing behind him. They were faster than he, but with Reynold being the Alpha, they slowed their pace as to not surpass him and leave him behind.

I felt confident in our wolves. It made me laugh slightly on the inside to see this elder Alpha starting a fight he wouldn't win.

Don't count your chickens, Nova

The moment the two warring groups clashed, there were roars, growls..  blood. Teeth immediately finding fur as wolves rabidly attacked each other. Skin sides swiping the necks of other skins using sharp claws that had seen more blood than this.

My pulse was thumping in my ears.. hammering.

"Shit!" Grace whisper yelled, clutching my arm. I whipped my eyes toward her and saw that her chocolate orbs were locked onto the scene, wide. "Nic.. theres nic!" She said in horror and i turned in time to see my brothers wolf be attacked by a warrior from Moon stone. A ruddy colored wolf, large but not as large as Nic's dark brown one.

Nic turned his wolf onto him, snarling as he began advancing on the wolf.. lip raised, teeth snapping. That ruddy wolf realised he picked an unstable male to mess with. Nic dove onto the wolf, jaws lunging as he snapped any part of that wolfs body he could. Tearing flesh off shoulders... flanks... an ear ripped off as blood poured before finally lunging for the throat, wasting no time in savagely sinking his teeth in and shaking his head, ripping the throat out of that rusty red wolf who collapsed instantly, blood spewing from arteries as it coated my brother.. making him look like a feral monstrosity.

I felt Grace's grip relax slightly as she gasped. She hadn't seen my brother in action sinc his wolf became more powerful. He was out for any blood he could get.

I knew i should have made my way back to my dad by now but my heart was telling me to stay. To keep eyes on my mate but i itched inside to know if my parents were okay.

I searched the field once more looking for Zaryn. His grey wolf, easy to spot as he ripped his way through throats, snapping bones in half, leaving the wounded wolves for the others without finishing them off.

That was his strategy. To wound as many as possible.. leave them helpless for the warriors who came in behind him to finish while running on, finding the biggest wolves to rip to shreds alongside Maxim and Conrad who's wolves fought the same exact way.

Afterall, Zaryn was trained by Grabiel who was trained by Maxim who was trained by his father Maximus who also trained Conrad. The three Alphas were inadvertently trained the same exact way.. by the ruthless and cunning abilities of the most feared Alpha in the world. The deceased cruel Maximus; an evil man.

I felt a rush of adrenaline seeing my mate rip through the tide of oposing warriors.. he was in good hands. These three packs would dominate and I could feel that but worry still flooded my mind, my wolf pacing, wanting to shift and fight, craving the blood but at the same time , knowing she couldn't come out because we had the pup. Her first instinct was to protect the pup and once you are pregnant, as a wolf.. a shift is impossible.

I turned to the girls, noticing Eden's eyes glazed over and darkened. . She was having a vision from the moon which made me antsy. Was something new going to happen? Had things changed?

I closed my eyes, i haling deeply.. letting my wolf's instincts flood to the surface of my mind. She was a Luna wolf.. she would get me through this.

It's time to act like a Luna.

I opened my eyes, seeing clearly now.. it was almost as if she was sitting right behind my skin, driving my brain and using my mouth to voice her thoughts.

Grabbing Grace's shoulder, she snapped her head in my direction.. looking at me with question.

I felt that motherly instinct for my pack as i spoke. "You both stay here. Infact, get insde the truck. Grace i know youve been training and i hear you are good." I rushed through my words, my wide eyes on hers. "But you arent meant to be apart of this. Not yet.  Dont make my brother a mateless wolf." Her tiny frown appeared but she nodded her head.

Eden's bright green irsises came into view and i knew she had finished her vision the moon had given her.

"Eden.. Ive never in my life even seen you shift so you stay here with Grace. Out of sight. I need to find my mom and dad.. make sure they are okay." There was power in my tone. One of authority but not one they were subjected to. They werent apart of Crescent moon anymore.  They didnt have to listen.

Eden gaped at me, outraged, shaking her blonde curls.  "Are you crazy!? No! Im not letting you go anywhere! You are pregnant and zaryn will lose his sht if anything were to happen to you!" She argued at me in disbelief.

I shook my head, narrowing my eyes. "I know what im doing Ede. I had a vision of this.. i will be okay and im the Luna. Im not going to look for a fight. Im going to take care of my pack.. don't worry." Looking up, the sky was darkening with clouds while screams and ferocious growls filled the air, the atmosphere becoming slightly cooler.

Eden grabbed my hand in hers, a desperation in those green eyes of hers for me not to go but i had to find my dad. I needed to keep watch.. see if anyone needed my help too. Like I said, i wouldn't go out there and fight but if someone needed my help, i would be on the side.. watching.. waiting. Ready to help.

"Eden. Tell me what the moon showed you.." I galnced at the battle field, tucking a piece of long chestnut hair behind my ear before turning back toward her earnest gaze.

She held my stare, a sadness in those bright green eyes. "This pack we are fighting is still a strong one despite the numbers. We will suffer great losses. I dont know who... i just know there will be many." Her voice croaked.. a tear running down her cheek.

Taking a deep breath, i prayed that the moon would keep my family safe once more. That everything would end up fine but i felt it in my bones that wouldn't happen.  My steely determined gaze fixed onto her saddened one. "I have to do this. Stay safe." I pulled both of them into a hug before sprinting away toward my original spot in front of Zaryn's tailgate toward the east side of the clearing, away from the fight.

I could hear Eden calling my name but i ignored it, my gut telling me to find my dad. My wolf was growling and snarling in my mind.. urging me to take out whoever intended harm toward our pup and for a moment i felt panic rise inside me.

But it wasn't my own.

My sprinting stopped suddenly and i turned to face the feild.. eyes searching for my X frantically.

There were so many dead wolves already, lying in heaps on top of the grass.. blood soaked the earth like warm paint.. pain. I could feel pain surge through the bond and instantly i tried to link Zaryn.

Are you okay!? Whats happened!?

No response.

I couldn't see him.. the battle was in full our war at the moment. Wolves dancing on hind legs, clawing into another as teeth ripped away precious fur.  Skin sides were fighting, snapping necks of wolves, fist fighting other skins.. everyone was coated in blood. I couldn't tell who was who anymore. This worried me. I felt real fear for the first time in so long.. but as long as i could feel the bond.. i knew he was living.

Shaking my head out of a daze, i sprinted onward.. my teeth clenched. I had a mission.. to find my dad, make sure he and mom were okay.. then i would find somewhere to sit, not hide, and watch. Watch and wait. Helping anyway I could. Someone would need assistance eventually if things got out of hand. Right now we had the upper hand but all that could always change.

The female warriors from our pack, i noticed, were on the last line of battle, picking off injured wolves, as they weren't as well trained as the Dark moon females.

Those females were fighting claw and tooth, ravaging as many bodies as they could, keeping up with the males.

"Nova!" A loud deep booming voice snapped at me and i jerked my eyes up to see my dad, standing over by where we had all been sat moments earlier, covered in blood that was not his own.. my mom nowhere in sight.

I ran to him with a swiftness, using muscles that i hadnt been able to use in a week. I missed the fight.

Skidding to a stop as i approached him, my lungs pulling in air greedily, "Dad wheres mom!? Where's Zaryn!? Have you seen him? Is mom safe?" I gushed while he narrowed his eyes down at me.

"Your mom is safe inside the truck.  I made her hide and thats exactly where you are going too, missy. Lets go!" He grabbed my wrist but i lurched out of his grasp.

"No! I have to help my pack! Zaryn is hurt. I felt his panic and pain! Anything could go wrong. I wont actively go out and fight but i need to watch! I need to make sure no one will need help, dad! Im the Luna!" I screamed out over the roar of the battle cries behind me.

His face morphed into disbelief, "You cant shift! Stop this! Stop! We all need you safe! You cant just go help your Alpha mate! He is plenty capable now stop acting like a juvenile and lets go!-"

My wolf peered out, growling out her frustrations that her dad didnt see us as a warrior since we were pregnant. I just wanted to help. I needed to help. If i wasn't pregnant, they would be asking me to help.  Being the moons warrior hadnt gone to my head at all but i was sure of my skills. I was sure with my own fighting ability added to the mix, lying in wait for a wolf who needed my aid,  i could save my family. I couldnt sit idly by and hide! Thats the weak way and im not going to let a male tell me i cant do something.

"Nova! Stop this! Think about Zaryn.  Think about your pup. All this happening and you are being selfish, wanting to risk your life. Its admirable sure but your mate would be devastated if anything happened to you. You didnt see him last time! He is nothing without you!! Dont do that to him!" He roared angrily.

I was taken aback by his speech.. am I really being selfish? We were wasting previous time here!

He is right. My father is right. 

I have a gift and i wanted so badly to be useful.. to help.

But maybe the only way i can help is by making sure Zaryn knows im safe. He is a very capable warrior... the moon let Deacon tell me we would be fine. That he would be fine.

"Okay." I nodded solemnly, taking a step towards him in defeat.

Just as i took that step, a growl sounding behind me, a snarl from a wolf that wasnt one of ours.  My dad's eyes snapped over my shoulder as i whipped around, taking my stance. My training kicking back in.

In front of me was a cream colored wolf.. his scent of Moon Stone. His hackles were raised, intent made known, teeth showing long and sharp.  A sense of power radiated from him and i realised that this was Reynolds beta. This beta that could smell that i was carrying a pup. This beta was going to attack me.. knowing Im pregnant.

My nostrils flared as the wolf, right under the surface of my skin, jumped into action. A feral growl came out of my own mouth as i watched this wolf.

He lunged for me before my dad could attack, but i was ready, claws protruding, teeth descending.   I stepped to the side as he lept for me..my hand swiping outwards, slicing his underbelly midair with my claws.

My dad shook in rage as the wolf fell before his feet..a whine coming from his pathetic muzzle as dark eyes found mine. He closed his eyes and i wondered to myself, why would the beta of all wolves, come for me? That kill was too easy.. he should have been better trained. Did he want to die?

My wolf was still out as she stared through my eyes up at dad who just looked at me as if i were the best kept secret he has ever known..

"Alright pup." He approached me, eyeing the field before his green eyes fell back to mine. "Come on. Get in the truck."

Beforr he could take my hand, once again i felt that pain inside me from the bond. Zaryn was out there somewhere behind me in all the bloodshed and i was too afraid to look back. I stumbled, hunching over from the pain in my side..

"Are you okay Nova!?" Dad shouted, trying to pull me up.

A high pitched scream tore out from the direction I had come which sobered me up instantly.

I knew that scream.

It was Eden.

Turning, i scanned the area of the parked trucks and to my disbelief, saw males advancing where i had left Eden and Grace. My wolf was running off instinct and without a word to my dad, i ran.. as fast as i could toward the area whence i came and could hear my dad cursing, running behind me, hot on my trail.

Sparing a side glance to the battlefield, i noticed the fight had thinned out. Many wolves had lost their lives and thankfully most of them were Moon stone but there were some of ours as well. That angered my wolf to no end as I felt that pulse of adrenaline, running up on the four males who had trapped Eden and Grace. The dumb females never got in the car.

Grace was fighting one of them off while Eden pushed her power out but it was still no use. Not bothering to slow down, i sped through, grabbing one of the males by the neck and jerking him back with me. He fell on the ground and i pierced my claws through his hard with a wicked punch to the chest. Dad handled the other two which left one who had managed to turn our way to see the intrusion only for Grace to let her wolf out on him, swiping her claws through his neck. Those claws came straight out the front of his windpipe , blood squinting in my face and the males eyes going wide before she jerked her hand back and the male wolf fell to his knees.. face planting into the grass gasping while lungs began to fill with blood.

Her eyes were wide and frantic, her blonde hair lowlighted with dark bkonde a matted mess ith blood in it.

"Get in the truck!" I shouted.

She complied, pulling a terrified Eden with her but she wrenched out of her hold.. eyes directed behind me as she screamed in horror.. tears flooding her eyes. She took off toward the field and i mentally cursed, turning to chase after her with dad once again on my heels.

My steps faultered as I saw her run over to a naked body lying on the ground... she stumbled, collapsing beside him on the ground and i realised then...

It was Conrad.

------------

Bodies lay everywhere.. Moon stone almost completly obliterated.

I had found X and he was fine. Wounded. But fine. Large gaping holes in his sides that had forced him to shift back into skin and take on the rest.. fighting naked. He was a god..covered in blood.. wiping out every wolf he came in contact with.

His eyes were furious when they landed on me.. but i quickly sent through the link that i had chased Eden out here.. my dad still with me on the field. That Conrad lay bleeding yards away. Two warriors had dragged Eden kicking and screaming back to the truck where my mother was hiding and locked her inside. She was safe for now.

I had gotten caught up.. helping other wolves on our side and my dad gave up trying, instead opting to have my back as I fought with him.

My wolf was in full on beast mode.. claws and teeth getting into anything we could get our hands on and i could see the amazement in my own dads eyes from the way i was ubstoppable right now.

The heavy ache in my heart for conrad though.. i just hoped he was okay.

Somehow more warriors figured out where grace was hiding and ripped the door off the truck to get to her so now she was on the field with us.. standing between my dad and i with our backs to her as we rotated in a circle. She was fighting.. and doing a decent job now that she was over the initial shock.

If we could just get to Alpha Reynold and take him out, this entire battle would be over with.. the warriors no longer having an agenda or a command to follow.

A shrill scream came from behind me and our circle rotated. I watched in horror as one of the Moon stones warriors had Penelope by the throat.. a feral roar coming from somehwere on the field in return.

Gabriel came out of nowhere, charging the wolf who held her while in skin form. He attacked.. throwing the wolf off of her but another male came in.. a wolf.  He jumped high in the air, his teeth going into Penelope's swollen belly, ripping the flesh away rabidly as she screamed in agony. My eyes shut tight as bile rose in my stomach. I couldn't..

I just couldn't watch.. i felt like i was going to be sick as the sounds of the wolf tearing into her pregnant belly continued on, Gabriel screaming and roaring so loud it shook the ground before a loud crack came and the snarling sounds of the wolf were gone.

"Dont look. " dad muttered

Blake was in our sights fighting as i kicked a male to the ground, gouging his eyes out, leaving him blinded on the ground before Blake was sent to the ground by no other than Alpha Reynold himself.. his wolf trying to bit into Blake.

This was getting painstakingly hard to watch.

---------

What seemed like forever went by.. blood coating my body.. dripping down me from many many different wolves.. 

Zaryn and Maxim were on their last males..

Gabriel had went insane.. taking out his wrath on whatever moved..

Nic was still on the field with more warriors..

And we still had most of our initial warriors .. Moon Stone had maybe fifteen wolves left.. one being Reynold, the old bastard.

"Ahhh!" Grace screamed, she was jerked out fron between dad and I.. a male snarling in her face.

Nic was on him in seconds.. ripping his head off his body as Grace continued to scream.

Dad and I moved forward.. still circling and taking out whatever came our way together. It was.. different.

Blake came towards us, dancing in circles.. going toe to toe with two males and i blanched as the males claws sank through his heart.. his body dropping to the ground.. but he was still alive. I cringed.. not wanting Zaryn to see what has happened to his parents. I only hope Blake makes it..

Penelope... she was gone. The moon took her away.

Alpha Reynold's wolf lunged at me but i kicked him in the face as hard as i could. He yelped and Maxim was in front of me in seconds, naked in his skin form. His eyes were mirderous as he snatched the Alpha  up.

"SHIFT NOW!!!" he roared in his ear, causing everyone on the battlefield to stop and look towards us, Zaryn dropping the male he just murdered to the ground as he raced over.

Reynold's wolf tried to shake him off but it was no use.. Zaryn came up.. naked and sexy.. punching the wolf in the gut. Reynold howled, realising he was beat before shifting into the wrinkly obese wolf he was.. huffing as Maxim threw him to the ground and pressed his weight down on top of him..  glaring cold and hard.

"Ive been trying to get to you this whole time! But you slink away.. picking off the weak ones.. letting your warriors do all the dirty work!" He laughed darkly, his wolf just under the surface.

Dad and I had stopped rotating and the wolves had all stopped their fight, seeing their commanding Alpha was caught.

"Are you ready to die, Reynold, you old fuçkīïng skeeze!?" Maxim spat as a circle began to form of wolves i knew were on our side. What little was left of moon stone had grouped together.. off to the side. The rest of the wolves were all naked, those that had once been in fur. Blood soaked into their skin.

Alpha Reynold spat blood at Maxim's god like form, his eyes narrowing. "Do it! Do it you pathetic pup! But it will never take away from the fact that i had what was yours!! Your own father... selling your true mate off because she had no honor.. to another Alpha! Dont get me wrong. She was a great piece of ass but couldn't bear pups for shįtt!" He chuckled, looking Maxim in his wolfs eyes. "How did that feel? Your dad making you watch as he sold your precious mate off to an Alpha whose mate had died... a wolf much much older than she? You were only a juvenile at the time.. sitting by idly while he sold her to me for one hundred dollars! A hundred dollars." He shook his head. "I rode her hard and put her up wet. Just like the whőre she was. Ever wondered who she screwed? Hm? Ever wonder who took her virtue??" Maxim was breathing hard.. trying to keep the beast containd for his last moments but i could see he was breaking.

"Who!" Maxim bellowed.

"Your own cousin!" He leaned up, whispering menacingly. "Conrad fuçkěęd your mate before you ever knew she was yours!" He laughed.. and laughed.. until Maxim screamed out, reaching down to wrap his hands around Reynolds head and sqeezed with all his might before jerking up hard, severing the head from the body.. the spine sticking out and blood  spewing around all the wolves including me.

I gaped, unable to remove my eyes but my stomach felt sick.

Looking up, i caught Zaryn's gaze whose eyes widened in panic and he lunged forward which confused me until i heard the crying out behind me and then something sharp pierced through my back.

My lips parted in surprise and i felt warm liquid, flowing down my body.  I was only half aware of Zaryn rushing behind me as i looked down to see a spear sticking out of my chest and the weight of my dad slumping onto my back.

The spear had went through his back, out of his chest and through mine.. spearing us together.

"You took something i loved so i take something of yours!" A voice shouted from behind before Zaryn's growling and snapping of bones followed by a whine echoed through.

The weight of my dad had me dropping to my knees and the blood rushed faster. Frantically my hands reached to the center of my chest and i looked up to see Maxim kneeling down and Zaryn falling on his knees right in front of me.. his eyes wide and full of real fear.

"I love you." I croaked, my hand cupping his cheek before my body began tingling and my head felt light. Darkness encroached on my vision and i let it take me.. my head falling forward onto a hard warm shoulder.

The screams that came from just above me were not heard.. my soul feeling light..

My pup.. oh godess my pup..

Everything went black.

Dun dun dun!!!!!

OMG THAT WAS SO HARD TO WRITE MY GOSH!

yall... penleope.. her death tho...

I hated writing that but i had to. That was too horrible.

And dont blame eden bc nova would have gone out there anyway! Eden loves conrad!!!! He may be okay! We have to see!!

Blake.. lets hope hes okay too!!!

Reynold is dead. He was the one that had maxims real mate. Next chap gets into that. Omg yall 😣😣😣 i love maxim.

And Reynold son or actually nephew, is the one who speared Jack and Nova....

But werewolves heal fast..

Right?

Right????

ERMIGERRRD!!!

***FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @ AUTHORWOWCHILEE ! Link is on my profile . We can do fun stuff!!

Eeeeek

Until next time

Xoxo
Chilee 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.8K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...
18.6M 557K 86
Highest Ranking: #1 in werewolf as of 10-12-15! "Please...don't do this." I whimpered as he took a step closer. He narrowed his black eyes, "Sorry no...
222K 6.3K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
634K 15.1K 44
Broken by soul, broken by heart. Valeria is Alpha's daughter who has been through lot of loss. She's in no rush finding her mate, so you can imagine...