Saving Lyrics

By Ladyknight1

Camden Daniels' passion is his music. He has worked hard to obtain a scholarship to The New England Conserva... More

Saving Lyrics (Based on a True Story)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 23

5.1K 70 16
By Ladyknight1

Please Vote and Comment

 © 2011 Carol Nieves

Maybe not my brightest idea, but I was now inside Nick's car trunk. It was the only way to get passed the security at the Ellison's house.

It wasn't easy to convinced him, he follows Danielle's wishes to the tee. "I'm only doing this because I know how much you care for her and I have seen all you have done, she was doing better." Nick said before he stuffed me, my guitar, an amplifier, and a microphone inside his trunk. Definitely not my brightest idea!

When the car came to a stop, I felt like singing an "alleluya", Finally!

I tried to jumped out as soon as he opened the trunk, but my body wasn't responding. I tried again one more time."Can you give me a hand? I can't even feel my ass, everything is numb!"

He pulled my hand and started to get the sound equipment,"We have to go inside quick!" he shoved my guitar into my hands. "They have security patrolling along the premises of the house."

I started to get nervous when he rang the doorbell, "Martha will let me in right? She has a soft spot for me, I think."

Nick was about to say something when the door opened, and to my surprise it was Mr. Ellison. I wasn't expecting him to be here. My plan just went down the drain. He wasn't going to let me in.

"Please Mr. Ellison, you have to let me in, just give me a chance just one, Please!" I was ready to get on my knees and beg if needed. Forget my pride, when you love someone you do whatever it takes to be with that person. If begging on my knees or even kissing Mr. Ellison's shoes was the price I had to pay, I was ready and already puckering my lips to do so. Ok, a little over dramatic Camden, I told myself .

"Why wouldn't I let you in? What is going on kid,"

"She doesn't want to see me. She gave orders to the security people not to let me in. But I can't do that Mr. Ellison. I know that it is her crazy way of protecting me, but I can't, I'm not giving up on her!" Mr. Ellison nodded his head and moved out of the way so we could get inside.

I set up the amplifier and the microphone at the bottom of the stairs , plugged all the cables in their respective places. Now that everything was ready, I didn't know how to start. I was scared.

My hands were sweating and my heart was beating a little bit too fast. Not just because I had an audience, Mr. Ellison, Martha, and Nick decided to stand a few spot behind me to "Watch the show", I heard Nick say. I was nervous because I knew that this was it.

If after all of this she decides not listen, I was going to lose her forever, even before I really had her. This was my one and only shot.

I looked at my so called audience one more time, and their faces gave me the courage that I needed. Martha was smiling with one of her hands over her chest. Mr. Ellison sent me an reassuring nod, and Nick, well he didn't looked very happy but whatever it was he was feeling I couldn't see because he was looking at the floor and not me.

Rising the microphone I said "Dani, I'm not leaving this house until you hear me! And if you don't get out here soon, I going to start singing and dancing to The Fork in the garbage disposal, Nick will have to be my KiKi and I don't think he is going to like that"

I didn't have to wait long, I heard a door opening and a few short seconds later she was at the top of the stairs. She looked confused. She didn't came down, she just stood there at the top, hundreds of steps away from me.

Guitar in hand, I strummed away and started to sing for this girl. The owner of my heart.

"It never was your fault, you never were the one to blame, the shame was never for you. You were just a child who's trust was so betrayed, afraid but this is how you'll be saved.

Let go it's the hardest thing to do, let go of the fear inside of you, let go and learn to live again. Let go, let peace come in. Let peace come in.

Confused and alone, as you try your best to live, to give but never to you. It's time to take a chance and reach out to those who care, and share your journeys starts when you declare

Let go it's the hardest thing to do, let go of the fear inside of you, let go and learn to live again. Let go, let peace come in. Let peace come in.

You know is not too late, there's so much more to gain. The pain will slowly leave you. Don't wait another day, now is the time for you to start, to find the peace that is in your heart.

Let go it's the hardest thing to do, let go of the fear inside of you, let go and learn to live again. Let go, let peace come in. Let peace come in."

I looked at her from the beginning of the song until the end. I saw the moment when the lyrics started to make sense, I saw when she started to understand the meaning behind the song.

There were tears running down her face by the second verse. and when I sand the part about the pain slowly leaving you, she smiled and nodded a little.

Now that I was done and was just there waiting, I wasn't a pessimist but for a moment I thought that she was going to go back to her room without saying a word, but she came down the stairs.

She stood in front of me looking straight into my eyes. She was so serious that I honestly thought she was going to slapped me or pushed me out the door. Oh crap did I screw this up even more?

But after what felt like hours she smiled, gave me a kiss on the cheek, and jumped on top of me and hugged me.

I lost my balance. I don't know how I managed to remain standing but I did. I was still holding my guitar in a very awkward position to the left side of my body, and holding onto her for dear life with my free hand.

How many days have I dreamt of hugging and holding her? And it was happening now. And the most amazing part of it was that she hugged me first. Well not just hugged, she literally jumped on me and was holding me so hard, like she never wanted to let go. Not that I was complaining. I was on cloud nine. No. Let me rephrase that, I was on cloud one thousand.

My body was on fire. The infamous butterflies in the stomach that people say you are suppose to feel when you are in love? Well that was just a big fat lie because I wasn't feeling butterflies, I was feeling freaking dragons jumping inside my belly, trying to escape and eating my guts out.

When she let go of the embrace it got even better because she actually kisses me. She was kissing me! It started as an innocent kiss, but it got deeper and more intense by the second. I knew we had an audience behind us, one of them being her dad, but I just couldn't stop.

I know she was afraid. I could tell by the little trembling of her lips. She was trying to be brave, overcoming her fears.

I didn't wanted to let go, but when I felt her hands that were now pressed against my chest shaking, I knew that It was time to stop.

Almost grudgingly, I eased up the kiss and just look into her eyes. At first her eyes were closed, but when she opened them I lost it. "You are so beautiful Dani! I look at you and I like you, I look at you again and I like you even more, not just physically, cause you know you are gorgeous and hot and sexy and..." I stopped because she bursted out laughing.

"Besides the physical, what do you like about me? You barely know me." I bit of sadness was making its way into her eyes. I wasn't going to let this perfect moment be spoiled by anything.

"Dani, I've liked you since I met you when we were kids, even before calling you spaghetti, I was just a follower. But In the past couple of months I got to know you, not the fake "Ice Princess", but the real you. The girl that cares so much for others that she'd rather isolate herself and create a hateful persona to keep people safe. A girl that is so brave and strong that when there shouldn't be a reason to go on, she still finds the courage and valor to get out of bed and go through another day. You are amazing and I could spend a whole day here telling you every single thing that makes you exceptional, but it won't be enough because honestly I could spend giving you reasons why you are amazing"

She looked down, and I knew that she didn't believed my words, because deep down she was broken almost beyond the point of repair. " Camden I..." She started to talk but I pressed my finger to her lips.

"Let me finish please. I know that you don't want to believe me, but deep down you know it's true. I love you!" There I said it. Her eyes watered, "I, Camden Daniels am in love with you, Danielle Ellison. Even if it takes months or even years, I'm not going to let you go. Let me help you pick up the pieces of your heart, we can do this.I know that together we can make it happen"

she was having a battle. She wanted to take the chance, but alt the same time she didn't. "Let me be your strength when you are weak, let me be your voice when you can't speak, let me be your eyes when you can't see."

Danielle laughed again. "Because you Loved me by Celine Dion? Seriously Camden? Do You know that Diane Warren wrote that song for her dad, it's not a couples love song."

"I was hoping you didn't know that song, I Didn't know what else to say, but really? It was for her dad? Because......." that was when our three spectators decided to joined us. Nick put both of his hands on my shoulders and patted them a few times.

"I'm going to have to teach you a few pick up lines my friend, cause you really suck!" Nick said, and all of them started laughing.

I looked at all of her family laughing. All of their worries gone there for a moment. This was how it was supposed be every day. Not living in constant fear, pain, and regrets. "I like this!" I voiced my thoughts.

Mr. Ellison nodded his head "Me too son, me too!"

Weeks pass by. DaniCa was an item at school. People started calling me the Human Torch, because I melted the cold hearted Ice Princess. In all honesty, I thought they were all just a bunch of immature conniving spoiled brats.

Danielle was attending her therapy sessions three times a week. She was improving again after that big set back a few weeks ago. In one of her sessions, Dr. Bailey made the suggestion to Dani to talk to other victims because it was very helpful. She thought she wasn't ready to do that yet, but after talking to me and her father she decided to give it a try.

Our relationship was getting stronger. She hasn't said that she loves me but I could see it in her eyes.

As for me, in Matt's words, I had a serious case of blueberries! I even considered going on a date with my hand like him.but I had good self control. And since when did I follow Matt's crazy ideas? Never. I was just a faithful partner of the cold shower.

I spent most of my time with Danielle. We have gone out to a couple of public places. But we were still under police vigilance, and Mr. Ellison has personal security and escorts for us. It was pretty annoying trying to get a little bit hot and dirty with some oversized guys looking at your every move. Not that it was going to get hot and steamy, because we have kept everything PG. But there was that time that.. PG-13 to be more accurate. It was like taking baby steps with her. I didn't care how long it was going to take, I was willing to wait for her because I know that one day she was going to be mine completely, mind, body, and soul. I can wait!

The police and the FBI didn't have any clues or leads to get to Dante. They believed he left town since all the authorities were on high alert. I still get the feeling sometimes that someone is watching me. Maybe I was just paranoid, but what can you expect when your life and the life of the girl you love was at risk.

The school basketball team made it to regionals. And we were now in the State competition. We made it to semifinals but lost that game. tonight was the game for third position or bronze medal. Danielle went with me to all of the games, and I was happy to have her on the sidelines cheering for me. She was always surrounded by Nick, Matt, and Nicole.

This game was scheduled to be played at the NYU( New York University)facilities. I was really excited because after the game I was going to spent the night walking around New York City with my girl. She told me once that she loved the city and she hasn't been there in years. First, for security reasons and second because of her phobia, the city was always crowded.But with both issues under control, I was planning to make the night special for her.

I had a new routine on. Going to the sidelines and giving my princess a kiss before starting a game. I was talking to them at the bleachers while holding Dani's hand. The place was packed, school rivalry and stuff , people cheering for both schools. I was nervous, I wanted to at least get bronze for the school.

Danielle's cell phone rang and she gave me"give me a second" signal with her finger.

"Hello... hello?" She looked screen and puts it back to her ear before saying hello one more time. "I think it was a wrong number, there was no one on the line."

The coach called all the players to the bench. I kissed my girl one more time, because she was mine and I was damn proud of it, before joining the other players.

The game was excruciating but we managed to win by three points. My heart swelled in my chest when I saw Dani jumping up and down and screaming in excitement. Everything was just perfect. I couldn't not ask for more.

We went to the locker room to take showers and to celebrate. Danielle, Nick, Matt, and Nicole waited for me in the hallway by the locker room. Holding her hand and giving her a quick peck on the lips I asked, "Did you have fun?"

"Yes." We just look into each others eyes. It was something that we did a lot. As if we can have extensive conversations without saying a word out loud but just by looking at each other.

"You guys are so sweet that I want to puke! Barf, barf..." Matt said receiving a slap on the back of his head from Nicole. "Shut up Matt! They are cute, don't be a Danny downer. I don't want to think that you are jealous or something."

"I knew it!" said Nick. "I knew you were secretly in love with Cam, Matt. You don't need to hide your feelings any longer. You can come out of the closet now, I will always support you no matter what, that's what friends are for."

" I will show you how to come out of the closet!" Nick started to run, with Matt following behind trying to catch him. Nicole looked at us apologetically. "I'm going to catch them before they kill each other."

"Let's go then love, I have a full schedule for us. The City is waiting!" Ugh, when did I became this cliché, sappy, girly guy?

"I want to tell you something before we go." she was fidgeting with the hem of her shirt. Something she did when she was nervous.

"What is wrong? You are scaring me, don't tell me you are backing out of our date now?" I lowered my head to be at her same level.

"No, it's not that. I have known for a while now but is not easy for me to say." She looked up at the ceiling putting one of her hands over her mouth. Then she looked back down at me, "You have been so good to me Cam, and little by little you have made your way inside my heart. I tried to fight against it but I couldn't, and I can't wait anymore."

"What is it Dani?"

"Camden I.." she sighs, "Camden I lov..."

I felt something cold against my left temple. And Danielle went from nervous to terrified.

"Well, well, well. We finally met again my sweet!"

 Please take a few minutes and watch the video on the side. Some readers my think that Cam's song is stupid but for me they are my Saving Lyrics. You can find more info at WWW.LETGOLETPEACECOMEIN.ORG.

Thanks for reading and for the votes and comments.

If you havent seen "the fork in the garbage disposal" go to youtube its hillarious so imagine Camden singing and dancing that. Thanks to Kay aka @darknessandlight that song was stuck in my head for weeks.  If you havent read her stories you guys are missing out she is awesome.

Thanks again Carol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25K 29
"You should really tell him soon," Austin said as he walked closer to me. "It's complicated," I sighed, avoiding eye contact with the greek god stan...
1.4K 76 6
Ashley Sylvester is beyond happy when she gets accepted into Caden's School of Music. At 17, she's a senior there. She is happier about the fact that...
346K 6.7K 33
*MUST READ PC BEFORE ITS SEQUEL* 4 years. 4 long cold years. You'd think after PC, this group of friends have seen it all. But that's far from the...
34.2K 2.3K 90
[Thornton Boys - Book 3] __________ Drake. Friends. Family. Basketball. Music; the four most important things in my life. That other thing? The thin...