The Consort (MalexMale) 《COMP...

By HarlemDiggity

They're blood-thirsty. Every last one of them. Per the Agreement, however, all humans are assigned a vampir... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 - Bogdan's POV
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 - Final Chapter

Chapter 32

71.1K 3.6K 725
By HarlemDiggity

Chapter 32

Kelly's adoring gaze follows Fiona as she bustles around the kitchen. A strand of her red hair slips out of its messy bun while she bends over to pick up an unused napkin from the floor. Her cheeks are stained a beautiful pink, the last hour of cleaning now wearing on her energy.

My best friend mindlessly twirls his pen through his fingers, a makeshift drumstick to add to his musical persona. His eyes never leave her, though. When she bends down a second time, he reaches over and gives her a playful smack on the ass. Fiona huffs and twirls around to face him.

"I gave you a pass on chores so you and Finn could study together for mid-terms," she scolds.

Kelly smirks and leans back, casually tossing the pen on his textbook. "I'd rather study you instead."

Fiona shifts her gaze to me for a split second, and the pink in her cheeks turns to a smoldering red. She's used to Kelly making these types of comments, I'm sure, but it's clear she's not used to him making them around me.

"Just...study," she mutters.

She swats Kelly on his shoulder. As she leaves the kitchen, however, I notice an affectionate grin spreading across her lips. Kelly sighs when she's out of earshot and shakes his head.

"I've got it bad, Finny boy."

I grunt enviously. "I don't think you're alone in that."

He doesn't hear my response, though. He's still in 'Fiona land.' He glances around the kitchen with longing, as if every object in here holds a piece of her. I've never seen Kelly this happy. Ever. Then again, I've never seen him in love.

And as happy as I am for my best friend, I can't help but feel like the perpetual third wheel. It's not that I'm jealous he's found someone. I simply wish I had it too.

"I'm going to move in with her," he announces suddenly.

I glance up from my textbook and frown. "Seriously?"

He nods and grins. "I mean, she doesn't know it yet, but I am."

"You've only been dating for a few months."

Kelly reaches for his pen again and shrugs. "And?"

I chew on my bottom lip, glancing over his shoulder to make sure she's out of earshot. "Don't you think it's a little...soon?"

My best friend winks. "No better time than the present. Besides, the sooner I get her living with me, the sooner she'll realize I'm the man of her dreams and agree to marry me."

I scoff under my breath. "You've asked her to marry you?"

He waves off my question. "All the time. She thinks I'm kidding, but I'm not. One of these days she'll say yes, though. And I'm telling you, Finn – moving in together is one step closer to getting me that beautiful, three-letter word. Y-E-S."

"I don't hear studying!"

Fiona's sing-song voice sweeps into the kitchen as she passes the doorway with the vacuum. She doesn't stop to chat, and Kelly smirks before tapping the page with the end of his pen.

"Alright," he says. "Better listen to my lady before she kicks me out."

I nod and glance down at my notes. The first part is well-written, a clear indication that I was paying attention in class. As my eyes move down the page, however, the notes become sloppy and a few doodles sprout into the margins.

"So...what exactly was the lecture about today?" I ask.

Kelly frowns over his notes. "The Secondaries."

The name sounds familiar. I try to make out a few lines of my notes, recalling that our history discussion took a disruptive turn into an area where most professors choose not to discuss at all. The Secondaries. It's the term used to describe the population of half-bloods – the creation of a child born from a human and a vampire.

Hundreds of years ago, the vampire species mated with humans in an attempt to create a sub-specious that would forever be able to supply them with blood. What they discovered instead, however, was that a Secondary's blood does nothing to quench an immortal's thirst. It doesn't harm them as another vampire's would, but it doesn't help them either.

When this realization spread throughout the vampire population, all the Secondaries were released from their clutches. Vampires had no need for them; neither did the humans. Reproducing between the two species came to an abrupt halt. As for what happened with the Secondary species?

It's now just speculation.

Not quite vampire and not quite human, some say the Secondary species now lives in a remote part of the world, one that is shunned from all the rest. Others say that the species has died off completely. Then there are still a few others who believe the Secondaries live among us, being able to blend in with either species without notice.

"Professor Adams seemed to have quite an opinion about them," I mutter, thinking back to Leo's heated comments.

Kelly pops the cap off of his highlighter and squints at a line in his book. "I guess. Doesn't matter, though. He wasted almost the entire class talking about them, and it won't even be on the test."

I nod in agreement and prop my elbows onto the table. "But if you had to take a guess, what do you think happened?"

One of Kelly's dark eyebrows arcs with confusion. "With what?"

"The Secondaries."

He rolls his eyes, and I can almost hear the thoughts in his head. Studying isn't a task where either of us remains particularly focused. Now that we're on a topic that's not even going to be on the test, our productivity level is quickly plummeting.

Kelly glances over his shoulder, making sure Fiona is out of ear shot before divulging in our non-studying topic.

"I think they're all still alive," he whispers. "I mean, c'mon. They're half-vampire. Even if that doesn't make them fully immortal, they've still got to be tough as nails, right?"

I nod, urging him to continue.

"I don't think they could pass off as one of us if they were here," he murmurs thoughtfully, "but I do think they're still around. Somewhere."

I mull over his words, debating whether or not his theory is plausible. It makes sense. Besides, if the entire population was gone, there's no way our professors would have such an issue discussing them. Kelly's right; they're still out there.

The only question is – where?
___________________________________

Soft whispers seduce my ears, their sound powerful enough to infiltrate my dreams and stir me awake. The sun is already creeping past the drapes, indicating that I slept the morning away. It's now well into the afternoon.

I groan and roll onto my back. Every inch of me aches – everything from my sore asshole to the burning holes on the side of my neck. My night with Bogdan still tingles against my skin. He drank more blood from me than normal, too, explaining the fuzziness spinning throughout my mind.

But damn – it was more than worth it.

I've never felt so much pleasure in my life. For claiming to not enjoy or participate in the 'seduction' portion of sex, he certainly knows what he's doing. I suck my swollen lip into my mouth, salivating at the returning memory of Bogdan's gloriously naked body. Not even my wildest dreams could have conjured up a man so sexy.

Now that I've had him, you'd think my desire would be somewhat sated. But it isn't. I want him more than ever, already aching for him to be inside me again.

"...looked at a few, and we didn't see anything."

Kelly's voice drifts past my door. Bogdan hums in response, and their feet pad down the rickety stairs. Just hearing Bogdan's voice sends my nerves into a frenzy. I roll off the bed, grimacing at the pain shooting down my spine as I try to gain my balance.

When I open the door, the pair of them stop on the last stair and turn to glance at me. Kelly's hair is pulled back into a messy ponytail, reminding me of the way he used to wear it when he was human. A sense of relief washes over me knowing he's made it back safely. He may not realize it, but I still care about him just as much as I used to.

"Glad to see you made it back alright," I say with a nod.

I take a few steps into the hallway and awkwardly shuffle down the stairs. Bogdan's eyes follow every movement, and my cheeks redden from being under his gaze. This is the first time we've been around each other since last night.

What is he thinking?

Did he enjoy it even a fraction as much as I did?

The questions swing back and forth in my mind, a never ending pendulum of self-doubt. Kelly's red eyes study my face as I clamber down the stairs, and a curious smirk spreads across his lips.

He turns to Bogdan and raises his brow. "You owe me a bag of blood."

Bogdan's jaw tightens. "Go check on your woman."

The exchange is lost on me. Kelly gives us both a half-hearted wave, chuckling under his breath as he leaves. When he opens the door, I catch a glimpse of Fiona's red hair as she sways on the porch swing just before it closes again.

My shoulders sag with relief. They're both back – safely. But where were they? Bogdan's never been one to overly indulge my questions with lengthy answers. Even so, he was particularly guarded when I asked him about Kelly's and Fiona's whereabouts yesterday.

As if reading my thoughts, Bogdan's calculating gaze swivels towards the kitchen and nods in its direction.

"Come. You must be hungry."

He pushes himself off the wall, leading the way without waiting for my reply. The floorboards creak beneath my weight as I follow behind him. The entire house seems to be brittle, its joints stiff from age and overuse.

When the two of us pass through the kitchen doorway, I notice an array of food is already spread across the table. There's a bowl of fresh salad, a plate of fruit, a wrapped pastry, and remaining corn muffins from yesterday. My stomach grumbles at the delectable spread.

"Thank you," I say, taking the middle seat and reaching for a handful of fruit. "This looks great."

Bogdan leans against the counter. His broad shoulders appear massive as he crosses his arms over his chest. My eyes linger on his chiseled torso. Just hours ago those strong arms were wrapped around me, pulling me closer -

"You desire me again, human?"

My eyes snap up to meet Bogdan's gaze. His husky voice tickles my ears, sending a shiver down my spine. I swallow down my mouthful of mixed berries. There's no point in denying it. I'm sure he could smell my desire from miles away.

All of my questions about last night hang at the edges of my lips, but the courage to ask them never arrives. Instead I clear my throat, reaching for the wrapped pastry while lowering my gaze.

"So when did Kelly and Fiona get back?" I ask.

Bogdan hesitates for only a moment before letting the previous subject drop without protest. "A few hours ago."

"Are they staying around today?"

I ask it as casually as I can, but it's with the hidden motive of more alone time with Bogdan. He shakes his head.

"Kelly and I will travel today. We will be back tonight."

My spirits sink. "Fiona and I can't go with you?"

"It's not safe, human."

I sigh, defeated. He's right. This town, as creepy as it is, is the safest place for Fiona and me. Now that my feelings are growing stronger for him, however, the thought of being away from him isn't just unpleasant. It's awful. I know he doesn't feel the same way, though, so I keep the thoughts to myself.

"So you want me to babysit Fiona?" I question.

"If that's what you'd like to call it."

The sound of muted, feminine laughter filters in from outside. It's the first time I've heard Fiona laugh in months. Perhaps Kelly's plan is working after all. I'm about to protest a second time, hoping to dissuade Bogdan from leaving me behind, but then I realize how beneficial it might be to have him gone for the day.

I glance at the staircase, imagining the faded picture still folded in my jeans from last night. Without Bogdan around, I can walk into town and find the local library. We'll have to be careful, but we can do it. I know we can. And without Kelly around, I can utilize Fiona to help me research when we get there.

If I have to be away from the man I love, at least I can use the time to be productive. Because uncovering the facts about the man in that picture might just lead me to Bogdan's past...and to the mortal man he used to be...

____________________________________

A/N: Alright - what do you think?  Who's the man in the picture?  

Also, big thanks to those reading, voting, and commenting on this novel.  I can't thank you enough for the support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 7.2K 48
"What I was going to say was selfish..." He mumbled. I edge closer to him until my hand slowly cradled his cheek. Tilting his head up to look at me...
255K 9.7K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
209K 9.3K 31
Before, I had my life all figured out. I would graduate college and get my degree in music, meet my true love and marry, then have two beautiful chil...