The Speedster and the Telekin...

By mabaronlovesbts

After the events of the black hole in Central City, the Flash was considered the hero of the city. But over t... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
Book 3!!!

16

175 4 1
By mabaronlovesbts

I walk out of the suit room as Caitlin was finishing up stitching Dr. Wells' wound. I walk over to the medbay and stand next to Barry, who wraps his arm around me. "Thank you." Wells tells Caitlin as she puts a patch over the stitched up wound. "Thank you for rescuing me." Caitlin tells him and I smiled at him. "Well... We're a team right?" Wells says and my smile grows wider at that response. "I'm impressed. I think we all are." Barry says and I nod. "We need to do something about Grodd." Joe says and I look over to him. "Like what?" I ask as I cross my arms. "Like get rid of him for good." Joe says and I look at him with wide eyes knowing what he meant. "You want to kill him?" Caitlin asks him. "Considering how many people he's killed? Yeah." Joe responds. "This isn't Grodd's fault. He's only like this because Wells made him this way." Caitlin says. "Yeah, but Cait, he kidnapped you and you could've died." Barry says to her. "Yes, but you didn't see what I saw. Grodd's getting smarter. He's lonely and sad. He wants more apes like him." Caitlin explains. "What are you saying? He wants kids? 'Cause I'm sure one telepathic Grape Ape is more than enough for this city." Cisco says and I nod.

"I second that!" I say.

"I know somewhere we can send him." Wells says and we all look at him.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him.

"When the singularity exploded, I discovered a breach in S.T.A.R. Labs, I ran a similar test, and discovered the same thing. 51 additional breaches. The difference being, the breaches in Central City are scattered all throughout the city, whereas their counterparts in my world, most definitely are not." Wells says walking into the Cortex and we all follow him.

"And you know where they lead?" Cisco asks him.

"Well, I was in the process of figuring all that out. When Dr. Snow so gallantly convinced me to stay. But if I am correct, this breach is gonna get Grodd as close to home as he ever likely to get."

I look at the screen to see that breach Wells was talking about and I look over to Barry. "Ok. Even if you're right, how do we bait Grodd to go through it?" Joe asks and I look at him wondering the same thing. "My son will do it. Won't you, Flash?" Henry asks Barry and I look over to him with a smirk as he nods. "Then suit up, babe." I say as I pull away from his arms and walk over to my suit.

*~*~

I waited for Barry at the breach location with Cisco and Wells. "Cisco, I'm almost there. Are you ready?" Barry asks in the com and I look back at Wells then at Cisco and nod. "I'm in position." he responds and I look back at Wells. "Now, once you turn on the speed cannon, the quark matter will stabilize, stretching the breach about so big. So... Anywhere within this circle will suffice." Wells says and I put a hand on my hip as I stare at the circle. I wait for Barry to come and I see his streak zip by. "Right on time." Wells says and I see Barry stop at the bridge. "I don't have eyes on Grodd. Does anyone see him?" Barry asks and I look around for him. I hear a growl and I turn back to the bridge to see Grodd jump off. "That is a big gorilla." Wells says and I nod. "Where is Caitlin?" Grodd asks Barry and for some reason, he seemed dazed. Grodd backhand slaps him and he flies in the air then crashes to the ground. I look at Barry worriedly about to dash over to him, when Grodd walks up to him and puts his huge foot on Barry's chest. "Where is Catilin, Flash?" Grodd asks him again. "Hey!" I call Grodd and he looks at me and growls. "Hummingbird." he says glaring at me and he growls. "Caitlin's right here." I say to him moving aside and he looks at her sincerely.

"You need to let him go, Grodd." Caitlin says and I look at Barry on the ground.

"Trust us." I tell him.

"Flash and Hummingbird are my enemies. Now, you too." Grodd tells her.

"No. They were trying to save me from you." Caitlin says as we walk up to Grodd.

"We didn't understand what you wanted. But now, we do." I tell him.

"I can give you what you want. I can give you a home. You just have to trust me." she says to him.

I hear Barry gasping for air in his lungs, and Grodd lifts his foot off of Barry. Barry coughs and I back up to stand next to Caitlin in the circle. Grodd stands in the circle and I look up at him getting ready to be sped away from the circle. "Now Barry!" Wells shouts and Barry speeds Caitlin and I out of the circle. I look as Grodd was being pulled into the breach, but he puts his weight on his feet to keep him here. Grodd starts taking steps as he roars to get to Caitlin. "Barry. You can't let Grodd get free. Conquer your fears, son. Believe in yourself." I hear Henry say in the coms. I look over to Barry and turn to towards me and he looks at me. "You've been telling me to be careful of Grodd since we started looking for him. Now it's my turn. Stay safe." I tell him and he smiles and nods. Barry speeds away and I look back at Grodd. I knew what Barry was doing, but Grodd took steps. I see Barry's streak speed by and punch Grodd, then he speeds back next to me. Grodd looks at Caitlin with a frown then he disappears inside the breach. I look at Barry with a smile and I wrap my arms around him tightly. "I knew you'd do it." I tell him and he smiles at me and kisses me. "Welcome back, Flash." Cisco says and I turn to him, then look back at Barry. "Yeah. Welcome back." I say with a gleam probably in my eyes and Barry smiles at me.

*~*~

The next day in S.T.A.R. Labs, we all looked at the Reverse-Flash suit. "I can't believe something good finally came from that suit." Caitlin says and I nod in agreement. "Yeah. Same here." I say as Barry wraps his arms around me. "The first and the last time." Barry says and I nod. "That thing still gives me the creeps. We should destroy it." Cisco says and I nod in agreement. "Let's do that, but see if you can figure out how to get it back on this ring first. It might be nice to have something like that instead of carrying around a bag all the time." Barry says as I see him hold the ring Wells had used and tosses it to Cisco. "Yeah, well, not all of us have that luxury." I say to him and he chuckles slightly. "I can help you with that." Wells says and I look at him with wide eyes. "What? I know a thing or two about microtechnology." he says looking at all of us and I chuckle. "Yeah. You know a thing or two about a lot of things." Cisco says then looks back at the ring. "Well, as long as what he knows keeps my son and these good people safe. The more you know, the better." Henry says and I smile at him. "Pleasure to meet you, Harrison. Again." he says shaking Wells' hand. "Dr. Allen." Wells says and Henry turns to all of us. "Good to see all of you." he says looking at everyone. "Yeah, let's go." Barry says grabbing my hand as we walk away. "I think my dad would want to say bye to you, too." I say to Henry and he smiles and nods.

When we get home, dad pulls out a box of our memory photos he took over the years and I blush of embarrassment remembering some of my phases back then. I sat back on the couch in Barry's arms as I looked through some photos of us as kids. "This one's a keeper." Henry says holding up a picture of Barry with his chocolate and nougat science fair project in sixth grade. "Oh yeah. He could've done just the standard baking-soda-and-vinegar-volcano, but no. Barry wanted to do a molecular structure of chocolate and nougat." dad says and I chuckle as I look up a him. "That was my favorite candy bar." Barry says and Henry laughs. "Who does that in sixth grade?" dad asks and I just look at Barry. "A true science nerd." I respond and Barry rolls his eyes and kisses my head. "Like father, like son, I suppose." Henry says and I chuckle as I look through the photos again and landing on a picture of us at the aquarium for our marine biology class. My dad had chaperoned and took a camera with him and as Barry and I looked at the starfish tank, the tank where you could touch the starfish, to be exact, and he snapped a photo. But he hadn't caught the part of us reaching into the water and touching the same starfish at the same time. Then I switched to another photo of prom. We both went with different people, but since my date couldn't pick me up, my dad snapped a photo of Barry and I on the staircase in the usual prom positions.

"You looked beautiful in that dress." Barry says and I look at him with a smile.

"And you looked dashing in that tux. Too bad you didn't ask me to prom." I say and he chuckles.

"You know what my favorite photo is?" my dad asks and I look at him in confusion.

He goes to through his desk pulling out another box, but smaller and he pulls out a photo. "This one." he says giving it to me and it was a photo of Barry and I on the couch sleeping with his arm around me and me facing him. We were so close to each other due to the narrow space on the couch. "When did you take this?" I ask dad as I look at him in confusion. "I had come home from work. The TV was on and I thought you and Barry had gone upstairs to get rest. But when I went to turn the TV off, I saw you both sleeping there. I thought I'd capture it on film." he says and I smile as I look down at the picture. "Those memories are the types you want to keep forever. And with those, I keep them in this box." he says and I just smile at the photo. "Alright, Dad. We should get going." Barry says to Henry and I put the photos down and stand up. "Yeah. Uh, Richard? Can I?" Henry asks dad about the picture in his hand and dad nods. "Tori. Thank you so much for reaching out to me. I am so glad you did." Henry says and I smile at him as we hug. "Me, too. I'll miss you, Henry." I say and he nods. "Richard, there are no words, man." Henry says to my dad and they hug. "Alright, I'm gonna swing by my lab before I come home." Barry tells dad and he nods. "I'll see you tonight then." I tell him and he smiles and kisses me. "Bye!" I say again as they walk out of the house.

I look over to my dad and I can't help but wonder something. "Are you ok, Daddy?" I ask him and he turns to me and nods. "I love Barry like my own son. It's hard to see that both you and Barry are all grown up now, and dating as a mater-of-fact." he says and I chuckle. "I'll always be daddy's little girl. You told me that when I was 16 and I had told you about my feelings for Barry when he went out with that girl. You had told me that, whatever man I ended up with, I'll always be your little girl." I tell him and he chuckles. "And you still are. I love you, mija." he says hugging me and I hug him back. "I love you, too, Daddy." I tell him and he walks up the stairs and I look at all the pictures scattered around the coffee table. I levitate all of them and put them back in the box, but leave the photo of Barry and I sleeping out. I take the photo and take it up to my room with me. I grabbed a silver photo frame and place the photo inside. I put the photo on my night stand and smile. I take a quick shower and then change into Barry's S.T.A.R. Labs sweatshirt. I stay awake going through songs in my phone, but I eventually switch to my photo library and look at pictures of Barry and I again. There was one on my phone that I liked a lot. It was a picture of Barry and I laying on his bed and he made a funny face which made me laugh. But when you switch to the next photo, it was us kissing. "I thought you'd be asleep by now." Barry tells me. "I thought I'd wait for you. Plus, looking at photos just made me want to look at the pictures on my phone that we took together." I tell him as he walks over and sits next to me. "I love you." I tell him as I look up at him. "I love you, too." he says leaning in and kissing me passionately making me fall on the bed and making me melt at his touch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 37 6
★彡["ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ʀɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ, ʙᴀʀʀʏ ᴀʟʟᴇɴ, ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ."]彡★ ~ in which it's been a year sin...
37.6K 887 16
Another year, another adventure. Ben and team Flash now must help Nora, a speedster from the future, but with new friends comes new threats. What wil...
49.8K 1.4K 51
"I know Kat, but you need to stay, I need you to stay, I can't..I can't do this without you" "I can't Barry, I just can't" Can you really walk away...
45.1K 1.5K 51
Team Flash is still recovering from the emotional and physical aftershock of the black hole that tore apart their team and Central City. Little do th...