Her Adopted Baby's Daddy

By JaneLanett

Jules Jenna hates the fact that she's trying to hide in her work to avoid grieving her parents' death. She ne... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 (Part 1)
Chapter 1 (Part 2)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
New Era
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilogue
Edited Version Up!
Epilogue (Extended)
HER (Humane, Exceptional & Resilient)
Love & Serenity
Just The Right Black
Burning Touch
Lingering Kiss
Unforgettable Feelings
BLM
Book Recommendation
Wattpad Book Recommendation
First WBR
For Upcoming Wattpad Writer

Chapter 20

147K 6K 203
By JaneLanett

What did she mean?
Ceaser wondered.

"Everything like what?" He asked.

"You know gossip, distractions, inevitable heartbreak."

That Idiot that broke her heart? Or was there someone else?
What was wrong with him? Why was he getting jealous over someone or something that was in the past? Her past.

Oh yes, he was Jealous.
So what?

"Dada!" Ivy's voice broke through his train of thoughts.

He looked behind them to find his mum near the house. With a smile, he got up and walked towards his mum who held Ivy in her arms. Jules got up and watched the both of them.

"Hey, munchkin." Ceaser took her from his mum.

"Dada." Ivy said again and placed her tiny hands on either side of his face and smiled so hard her eyes crinkled and she blabbered something that sounded like 'Mhiss-hu.'

Ceaser stared at her in awe then looked at Jules who was still watching them with a smile on her face.

How much did he miss when he stayed away?
Ceaser thought.

Ceaser looked back at Ivy who was still smiling
"Miss me?" He asked just to hear her talk again

She bobbed her head up and down
"Jhes." Ivy said, her eyes looked so adorable

"And I missed you too." He kissed her cheeks.

He could have sworn her smile grew wider. If that was even possible.

"Let's have lunch," Selene said.

They all moved to the dining room and sat for their late lunch. After Jules and Selene had set the table, Selene picked Ivy from him and went to sit down, with Ivy on her lap.

Ceaser shook his head.

His mum was already attached to Ivy so very much. He was sure if he tried anything to get her attention, she wouldn't even give him a glimpse.

The only thing which could do the trick was if he said she was going to be a grandma soon. But then again, she'd only go off about how he was irresponsible for not getting married first before getting a random girl pregnant.
Although, he could still tell her that she would soon be the grandmother to the little munchkin in her lap.

Why?
Another voice asked.

Because he was going to make Jules his wife.
He smiled to himself.

This plan of his just became more appealing to him. What he'd do to make it true.
Ceaser focused on the food in front of him.
Soon!

Everything was normal, as normal as it could be except for the hidden smiles Ceaser had been sending her way since they all sat down for lunch which was giving her chills.

"Jules?" Selene called.

"Yes?" She answered

They were all in the living room, the TV was turned on to a cartoon channel. Ivy sat on Selene's lap, eyes glued on the TV, her fixated smile and occasional laughs were what made everyone entertained.

"I was wondering if I could take Ivy out."

Blank.

"I know it's a lot to ask since you've probably never left her with anyone except your friends at the daycare," Eric said.

"No, I haven't," Jules said.

She had gotten to know a lot about the Thompsons after she found out who Ceaser was really was. She had heard about them on ENews, seen their names in the section of the newspaper she never read before, heard more about them from Sofi and Andy. The Thompsons were good people and in the short while she had gotten to know them, she had no doubt the kids in the Orphanage home they owned were lucky.

"Ivy already feels comfortable with you." She told them.

Selene smiled
"So you'll let us take her out?"

"Mum?!" Ceaser spoke beside Jules "Jules has never let Ivy go out with anyone but herself. This can't be easy for her. I don't think she can make an exc..."

"Of course." Jules interrupted him before he could continue "You can take Ivy out. She would love to spend some time with you and Eric."

This wasn't about her being scared or afraid of leaving Ivy with Selene and Eric. She knew they cared for her and would keep her safe. She just hadn't left Ivy alone with anyone asides from Sofi and Andy and it was a big step. But she knew her daughter would be fine.

"Are you sure?" She turned to look at Ceaser who seemed to be worried about the certainty of her decision.

"Yes." Jules nodded and noticed Ceaser's expression, he seemed scared.

"Thank you." Selene smiled.

"Okay, let's get going," Eric said.

"We'll be back before it gets dark, so you wouldn't have to drive back home late," Selene said.

"No problem." Jules got up with them and picked Ivy from Selene "Hey darling. Have fun alright." She kissed Ivy's forehead.

"Momma." Ivy beamed at her

"I'll see you later, okay?" She hugged her.

She wrapped her tiny hands around her neck before she pulled away and gave her back to Selene. Eric picked up Ivy's bag with her necessities in it.

"We'll be back before you know it," Eric said as they went to the door.

Jules watched them get into the car, she waved them off when they drove off.

Jules sighed when the car was no longer in sight. She stared out into space till she felt Ceaser right behind her.

"She's going to be fine with them," he told her

"I know." She said and turned to him "But you didn't seem to be sure a few minutes ago."

"My parents...they know how to spoil a kid." Ceaser said, "I'm scared for you, Ivy might begin to whine after my parents return her back."

Jules smiled and Ceaser noticed it didn't reach her eyes.

"You ok?"

She looked up at him
"I am. I just..." She sighed "She's never gone out with anyone other than me. Yes, she stayed with my friends when I wasn't around. But she's never gone out with them...or anyone, without me."

Ceaser pulled her into him and looked down at her
"She'll be fine. My parents would keep her safe."

Jules knew that, so she nodded and Ceaser pulled her into his arm and hugged her.

Hours had passed since Selene and Eric left with Ivy and it was dark outside. So dark, the moon and stars were in plain sight.

They were supposed to be back two hours ago but they still weren't back.
Jules thought.

Many scenarios played out in Jules' mind as she paced back and forth in the living room.

They were in an accident...She prayed not.

Ivy was injured. Ivy was missing?

She remembered how hot it was that afternoon that she wished it away. Well, they always said be careful what you wished for. She should have remembered that, but she didn't. And now there was a storm outside.

She feared for Ivy.

What if they got in a car acc...?

"That's it. Enough!" Ceaser's voice cut through her line of thoughts.

He had watched her in the past hour since she began to lose her mind. It was nerve-racking. He was scared too but he couldn't do anything except wait, he had called his parents but it wasn't reachable probably due to the storm.

Jules looked at Ceaser as he walked towards her.

"You're wearing your mind on your sleeves." He said, "Stop thinking the worst."

"I'm just..."

"I know. I am too." He said.

That was when Jules noticed that he was almost just as worried as her.

Why was he? Did he feel that much for Ivy?

Was he already attached to Ivy like she was with him?

More and more questions ran through her mind but she had answers to none.

She just silently prayed and hoped Ivy was safe...Selene and Eric too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 456 18
On a late Saturday night, when Lucy should be welcoming him with his usual hot coffee, a tight smile on her face and a fresh buddle of complaints, Ai...
10.4K 731 47
Jet Wesley learned early on in life that family doesn't always imply unconditional love and happily ever afters. He well and truly received a thoroug...
478K 34.1K 105
💞 A brand new completed story! Short chapters! Completed January 5, 2020. *Still in rough draft form* She was her best friend, her rock and favorit...
35.1K 2.1K 37
Henrie Archibald is Ceo of several corporations he is hard working, but his biggest stress of all is his family so much drama all over there seems li...