Deal With It

By Aysha07

Tyler Lawson. The hottie in town. The "bad boy". My best friend's brother. The guy I absolutely despised. Eve... More

Deal With It
introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
epilogue
author's note

twenty three

4K 113 10
By Aysha07

Heeey you guys!

This chapter is dedicated to Velian

Enjoy!

Chapter 23

Tyler's POV

I held Arissa's left hand as she rang the doorbell with the other. "Oh, looks like nobody is home!" I said after less than a minute of waiting. Just as I took a step away, she tugged my hand and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Hm," she tapped her chin in mock-thought. "Is Tyler Lawson nervous?" she questioned rhetorically, grinning at me.

"He most certainly isn't," I answered anyway, pinching her waist. She softly yelped just as the door opened, the light from inside radiating on our faces which were previously masked by the darkness of the Winter's night.

I raised my eyebrows in shock as I looked at the tall figure before us, noticing how much he had changed since I had last seen him around town. I didn't know anything about him other than his name. I was even unaware that this was the guy who was my girlfriend's older brother until now. He was more built and his hair was trimmed a lot shorter. He had a certain look which could probably intimidate anyone, even me. He eyed me up, realising what the relationship I held with his sister was once he saw our hands intertwined. Did her family even know about us?

We walked through the doorway and he led us to the main room. "They do know I'm your boyfriend right?" I whispered to her and she reddened at the mention of the word, then nodded her head.

I walked into the room and Arissa's mum instantly jumped to my side, making me feel welcome. I could easily sense that her dad was restraining from making a remark and it made me smirk. Drew offered me a seat and I sat down, pulling Arissa beside me.

"It's nice to finally meet you," I held my hand out to Drew who was still glaring, not helping the tension decrease. He gave a half-smile and roughly shook my hand.

Their Mum brought out glasses and a bottle of red wine, filling them up and handing me one. "Thank you," I smiled. She left the room with her husband, saying they should let us 'kids' talk.

"So you're the infamous Tyler," Drew said and my eyes widened. "Did I say something wrong?" he began. I took a sip from my glass before he continued. "You are the one who toys with girls, starts a fight every week and does drugs, right? Oh, and not to forget you got my sister thrown out of college," he smiled, making me choke on the wine. I quickly swallowed it and Arissa patted my back as I coughed lightly.

"Drew.." she warned.

"Yes Arissa? Do remind me why you're with him."

"I've only ever done drugs once," I interrupted before she could answer, ignoring the rest of his question. Even though I used to help Zach deal I had only tried cocaine once and that was the truth.

"Doesn't make you any better," he answered sharply. Arissa was about to speak but I squeezed her hand, stopping her. Her Dad already despised me, if her brother thought the same it wouldn't really help my case. After all he was just worried for his sister, rightly so. I was bad for her and she knew it but I couldn't stay away. Neither of us could.

-

Arissa entered the dining room once she was changed and sat opposite me, next to her brother. "So, what are your plans for the future?" Drew asked me once the five of us were seated at the dining table.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

"Well, I've always had an interest in piloting," I said. I had never told anyone except Alec because the conversation was never brought up.

Drew and his father exchanged surprised looks whilst Arissa and her Mum smiled pleasantly. "Quite ambitious isn't it?" her Dad asked.

"Yes sir but I'm determined to succeed," I confidently replied and Arissa's smile widened.

"And you'll be getting the money by selling more drugs?" Drew asked.

He really didn't like me.

Arissa dropped her fork and it clinked with the edge of her plate, drawing the attention towards her.

"No," I gritted my teeth together. "I'll work for it."

"You sure that won't be too hard for you?" he laughed. I balled my fists but took a deep breath. I needed to learn how to control my temper.

"Drew, that's enough," Arissa said sternly but he dismissed her comment.

"Tell me something Tyler, are all the rumours I've heard about you true?" Drew questioned me.

"Depends what the rumours are," I kept my cool.

"Did you really get a girl pregnant and then abandon her?" he asked, no amusement on his face this time. He had his jaw clenched and his eyes were narrowed. He definitely didn't trust me and was finally getting to the root of all the problems he had with me.

My mouth hung open and I furrowed my brow, glancing at Arissa who had worry on her face, afraid of the answer. I thought she'd know that I would never do that. "No, that's bullshit!" I howled.

Who the fuck came up with rumours like that?

"I wouldn't put it past you," he rudely remarked.

"That's enough!" I bellowed, sliding my chair back and slamming my hands on the table before me. "You've been saying crap all night and I stayed quiet but you're really pushing it!" I pointed a finger at him.

I could literally feel my blood boiling as he chuckled, throwing his head back. "Finally."

"What?" I asked and everybody else looked just as confused.

"You didn't need to put your good boy façade on mate, I actually like this side of you better." My anger instantly cooled and I sighed. "Now why don't you sit down and finish your food," he gestured towards my seat and I listened.

"I'll get dessert!" Arissa's Mum said and quickly rushed to the kitchen.

-

Drew's POV

I had just shoved a forkful of apple pie into my mouth when I felt a light touch on my foot. Again. And again. I looked up and observed everyone sat at the table when I noticed a small grin on Tyler's face. I squinted my eyes and cocked my head to the side only slightly.

I disregarded it and continued to enjoy Mum's home-made pie which I had missed terribly. Just as I opened my mouth to take the next forkful, I felt something on my foot again, only this time it trailed onto the bottom of my leg too. I set my fork down and cleared my throat.

"Tyler, are you playing footsie with me?" I asked, slightly worried.

Everyone instantly looked up and their amused eyes were set on a red-faced Tyler. "What?" he gaped. "No! I wasn't... no, never! No no no," he blabbered.

"So that's a no then?" I joked and he gulped, the shade of red on his face deepening. "Must have been a mouse," I laughed with Mum, Dad and Ari. Everybody on the table knew it was meant for Arissa.

"I think I should leave," he abruptly said. "Thank you for the food, it was great."

"I'll see you out!" Arissa eagerly exclaimed but I stopped her, offering to see him out myself.

"I think I should see him out, I owe it to him after all. He did give me a great foot massage," I embarrassed him further and they all broke out in laughter. He hurriedly exited the room and I followed.

I opened the front door and he stepped out onto the porch. "Wait," I ordered and he halted. "I know I gave you a hard time tonight and I'm definitely not sorry for it."

He sighed. "Do I need to hear this?"

"Yes," I seriously spoke. I harshly gripped the collar of his jacket and leaned forward. "I've heard what you're like Tyler Lawson, if you hurt my sister in anyway whatsoever you won't live to see another day. The training I've received, the things I've learnt are useful in a lot more than just combat," I warned calmly and released him.

He stumbled slightly then straightened his collars. "I wouldn't ever hurt her," he claimed and stalked away.

-

Arissa's POV

After helping clear the table I headed up to my room. I was absolutely exhausted. Everything had changed so much in just a day; yesterday I was being held hostage and today, today I was surrounded by the people I loved— even if dinner was very tense.

I grabbed Only Ever Yours from my shelf and sat on my bed, leaning against the headboard as I pulled the duvet over my body. I loved this book. No matter how many times I read it, it was just as good as the first time. As soon as I opened it I was interrupted.

"Knock knock," Drew said, leaning against the door frame with his arms folded across his chest.

"Hey! Come in," I patted my bed, gesturing for him to sit down.

"Not that book again!" he said in horror and I frowned. "How aren't you bored of it yet?" he shook his head. I ignored him and changed the subject.

"You could have gone a little easier on Tyler," I complained.

"Easier? I thought I should have been harsher!"

"He isn't as bad as you think he is, I swear!"

"Whatever, he needs to change ho-"

"He doesn't need to change. You used to be quite similar to him remember? And I can assure you he isn't using me."

"I'm just worried after all he's done but if you trust him then I'll give him one chance. That doesn't mean I'm going to be nice though," he grinned and I rolled my eyes. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, good night," he pecked my forehead.

"Night," I responded as he walked out.

I reached for my book but yet again I was interrupted, this time by the vibration of my mobile phone. I unlocked it and read the message.

Tyler:

*Be ready at 10am sharp tomorrow morning baby girl*

I re-read the message twice and began to type a short reply.

*Why?*

I sat in one position for several minutes, twiddling my thumbs as I waited for a reply. When I realised he wouldn't disclose anything, I put both my phone and book away, knowing I wouldn't be able to concentrate on the words when my mind was only focused on what Tyler had planned.

What do you think he's planning and what are your opinions on Drew?

Comment and vote! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434K 12.8K 53
~"What have that bag ever done to you?" I feel someone touch my shoulder. My instinct took over, I spin around and gave a circle kick. Tyler dogged...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
737K 16.9K 23
(WARNING! Don't read this peace of crap! I made it up when I was.. like... 14? Still, it sucks 'cause I didn't give a shit about grammar but now I do...
197K 2.7K 44
Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl who's grown up with everything handed to...