Beautiful Mistake | ✓

By Lexy_VLover

❝how would you feel if i told you i loved you? it's just something that i wanna do❞ When Violetta's parents'... More

• foreword •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 15 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
• 18 •
• 19 •
• 20 •
• 21 •
• 22 •
• 23 •
• 24 •
• 25 •
• 26 •
• 27 •
• 28 •
• 29 •
• 30 •
• 31 •
• 32 •
• 34 •
• 35 •
• 36 •
• 37 •
• 38 •
• 39 •
• 40 •
• 41 •
• 42 •
• 43 •
• 44 •
• 45 •
• 46 •
• 47 •
• 48 •
• 49 •
• 50 •
• 51 •
• 52 •
• 53 •
• 54 •
• 55 •
• 56 •
• 57 •
• 58 •
• 59 •
• 60 •
• afterword •
• Part 2 • Diego •
• 2.1 •
• 2.2 •
• 2.3 •
• 2.4 •
• 2.5 •
• 2.6 •
• 2.7 •
• 2.8 •
• 2.9 •
• 2.10 •
• 2.11 •
• 2.12 •
• 2.13 •
• 2.14 •
• 2.15 •
• alternate ending 1 •
• alternate ending 2 •
• epilogue •
• afterword •

• 33 •

383 15 32
By Lexy_VLover

(So terribly sorry for not updating last week! It was hectic! I wish I could give you a better chapter but this is what I've got. But I mean there are some good moments ; ) Again, I'm very very sorry! My priority right now is 'It's Just Acting' since I've only got like four more chapters left, but I'll still try to get in some chapters. Once again, I'm sorry! Enjoy! xx)

IT WAS PERFECT.

The dress.

It was a long pink dress that ended at my feet, with a few diamonds placed here and there. There were a few embroidered patterns, and a few darker lines on the dress. There was an open back, but I didn't mind. Greg had also gotten a pair of high heels for me.

I really wanted to hire Greg as my personal stylist.

I straightened my hair and applied some lipstick as well as blush and of course mascara. Diego was changing in the bathroom, giving me some time to apply some finishing touches.

"I will never understand why girls fret so much when they go out when they are effortlessly beautiful," Diego's deep voice cuts through the room.

I couldn't stop the natural blush that tinted my cheeks. I pretended to fumble with the buckle on my high heels, as Diego walked over. He looked through the suitcase that Greg had dropped off and took out a small long black box. He removed the lid, and revealed a gold necklace.

"Real gold, eighteen carat, and a real diamond of course," Diego says, as he takes it out carefully and makes his way over to me.

I bring my hair to the front and he tries to clasp the necklace at the back. I could feel his breath hitting the back of my neck, and his fingers brushing against my skin. I was shivering, and it was boiling hot.

Diego squeezes my shoulders, and for a moment I feel his breath get closer, warmer but not nothing happens. The warmth leaves me and Diego appears in front of him. He slowly brushes the diamond, maybe purposely brushing my chest as he did so.

"Beautiful,"

Except he was no longer looking at the necklace.

AT THE BALL I was still pretty much speechless.

Which was quite an achievement because I was basically never speechless. I never liked to not say anything. Even if I knew I was wrong I would continue fighting because I hated to give up. And being speechless was pretty much the same thing.

But Diego's hand was on the small of my back. And due to the fact that nothing was covering me there, I felt chills. He led me through the lot of people, and we ended up at a round table. There were a few people sitting there already.

An elder lady with a full head of white hair, she had a purple dress and white silk gloves. A boy that looked around Diego's age with brown hair and a cheeky smile as he listened to the girl next to him, she looked like she was only seven with her hair in a fishtail plait. Then there was an older man sitting next to the lady, with bushy white eyebrows and a fine moustache.

Diego and I sat down, and I stared at the cutlery and crockery trying to avoid looking at Diego. Soon, I felt Diego's presence leave the chair next to mine, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hi, I'm Alex," I jumped a little, and turned to the side to the boy. The little girl had run off with a few others that looked her age.

"Violetta," I smile.

He holds out his hand and I take it. He had warm soft hands, that distracted me for a moment before I quickly let go.

"So why are you here?" Alex asks, placing his elbows on the table and leaning forward slightly.

Over Alex's shoulder I could see the charmer getting his flirt on. I mentally sigh, of course he couldn't stop himself.

"Holiday," I finally say and Alex nods.

"My grandparents' wedding anniversary," Alex says, nodding his head in the direction of the older couple. "And our parents had work to do so they sent us with them," Alex continues, and I nod.

"How long have they been married?" I asked him.

"This year—yesterday was fifty years," Alex tells me, and my mouth opens a little. Alex laughs, looking longingly at his grandparents.

"I hope one day I'm as lucky as they are," Alex says.

I had hoped that too, before I got married to Diego. Somehow, it seemed as if recently when we technically should have gotten even more serious, he got even more reckless. It was infuriating knowing that any moment somebody could recognise him and the press would be all over it.

Diego the Cheater.

I could already imagine all the tweets that would be coming through. Despite the fact Diego cheated on me everybody would be on his side.

Go Diego! Glad you finally opened your eyes! #YAYDielettaIsOver

Yess Diego! Now you can go and find Lara! We always knew that bitch wasn't good enough for you! #GoDiego #Dielara #ViolettaIsAGoldDigger

Whoop! Whoop! So proud of you Diego! #YAYDielettaIsOver #GoDiego #DielettaWasNeverReal

"When do you leave?" Alex asks.

"In two days," I tell him.

"Have you tried the bungee jumping? It's awesome! Oh, and you should definitely try the submarine!" I shudder at the thought of bungee jumping.

"I've been skydiving, I think I'm done with the daring stuff," I say and he chuckles amused.

"Who are you?" An annoyed voice stops Alex from speaking.

Alex, not at all concerned by the irritation of the voice, looked up with his smile never leaving his face. Alex had an adorable boyish smile, although I'm sure not even that would melt Diego Hernandez's heart.

"I'm Alex, and you are?" Alex introduces.

Diego sits in the seat next to me grabbing my hand. Of course this was his way of showing that I was his and he was mine. It didn't really seem like that mattered to him a few minutes ago.

"Diego Hernandez," He emphasises his surname.

And judging by the way Alex's face changed I could tell that he knew exactly who was sitting in front of him giving him a murderous glare. Which meant he knew exactly who the girl he had been chatting with was. Alex should have been scared now, however he didn't look that frightened by Diego.

That's a first.

Even Federico cowered.

"Violetta Hernandez," He says, and I nod slowly.

It sounded weird hearing somebody else say it. I was a Hernandez, I now possessed one of the scariest names in the country. I could get away with practically anything now! Alex claps his hand together excitedly.

"This is so cool! So you guys are here on your honeymoon?" Alex asks, I wonder if he thought I was a liar of just somebody who tried to leave out the details.

"Yes," Diego answers simply.

I wanted to yell at him.

He was being an arse to a perfectly kind person. Alex had done nothing to Diego -people generally don't—he's too scary- and here he was pissed. He had no reason to be. Especially if he was going to give me a lecture about not flirting because then I would definitely slap him.

And I would thoroughly enjoy it.

"Would you like to dance?" Diego asks, turning his attention away from Alex.

I murmur a reply and stand up. Diego takes my hand and carefully leads me to the dance floor. It was a waltz, which only made dancing so much harder. I had trouble keeping up with three-four time, but I hoped Diego knew enough.

Diego did, I suddenly remembered. During one of our civil conversations Diego had mentioned that he had done a few dance classes when he was younger -obviously not ballet as it would ruin his image- and waltz was in fact his favourite.

Diego placed one hand on my waist and with the other he held my hand. I hesitantly placed my hand on his shoulder. We started moving, I was to follow his lead. Diego didn't take his eyes off me. His gaze was heated and I found myself looking at our feet, treading carefully so that I did not step on his feet.

"You've gotten better," Diego murmurs causing me to look up.

"Th-thank you," I stutter.

"You know, in the beginning of our relationship I thought I could never get you to shut up," He twirls me around quickly, "but now it seems I can never get you to speak,"

Because you're on my damn mind too much!

I hated to admit it but Diego had recently been consuming my thoughts. I wanted more which I knew he'd rather die than try that with me. But I also wanted him which was something that he was more than happy to play along with.

Damn him!

"So you're not going to reply?" Diego asks, his hand firm against my waist.

He was talking to me but he wasn't looking at me. I tilted my head slightly, and see Alex watching us. He gave us a thumbs up and I replied with a smile. Diego held my hand tighter, and twirled me again. He brought me back so that my back was pressed against his chest.

"We're married remember," He whispers in my ear, before twirling me again.

"Oh you're one to speak," I murmur, and he rolls his eyes.

"Is this about Lara?" Diego asks, bringing our bodies closer.

"It's always going to be," I reply, and he sighs.

"What do you want me to do to her?" Diego asks exasperated.

"Nothing!" I whisper-shouted. "I'm supposed to be your wife. Your one and only. It doesn't mean anything if you are continuously seeing her behind my back Diego," I hiss.

This time he was silent.

Brilliant!

As soon as I bring up him leaving Lara his mouth is sealed! Maybe he loved her. Like really really, truly and whole-heartedly loved her. Then was I stepping in the way?

"Do you love her?" I ask him, our dance coming to a halt.

"No," Diego says, but I don't believe him.

"I'll going to get a breath of fresh air," I detach myself from him, and walk out the hall.

I didn't believe him. I wanted to believe him, but I also didn't. Maybe if he loved her then it would clear my feelings for him. I can't love somebody whose heart belongs to somebody else. But I also wanted to believe him, because there's that part of me that actually thinks he's not too bad sometimes.

Sometimes I wished that side could die in a hole.

I stared at the ocean, the waves calmly washing ashore and then falling back. The door to the hall was closed muffling most of the noise leaving me alone with the waves.

My mother used to tell me a story when I was younger. The waves were actually a boy, who fell deeply in love with a girl—the shore. She was a princess but he was a servant. Their love was forbidden but it was true. Eventually the girl's father found out, he turned the boy into waves and the girl into the shore. It was a punishment. The waves would rush to the shore, only to be pushed backwards.

They were never together long enough. And yet, he kept on coming back. And she kept on reaching out to him, even though he never stayed.

My mother said that when I found true love I probably wouldn't know it at first. But when I realised, it would be because I wasn't able to let that person ago, that person would complete me.

I was still waiting.

The door opens and I feel the presence of somebody next to me. I don't turn my head, if the person wanted to talk surely they would speak.

"Are you okay?"

Alex.

"Yep," I reply avoiding his eyes.

I had never been able to lie to somebody if I was looking straight into their eyes. It was impossible. Their eyes would search yours and they would detect the lie instantly. Alex must have noticed my reluctance to look at him since he gently turned me by pulling my arm.

"Are you okay?" He asks again.

I look into the hall and see Diego talking to the same girl from earlier. I realised now that it was the girl he was talking to when I spilt Coke all over him. That same beautiful girl. Jealousy stirred inside me and I forced myself to look away.

"Kind of,"

That wasn't necessarily a lie.

I WAS WATCHING DIEGO.

The insufferable curious person I was couldn't help myself.

I had been reading a book on the balcony of the hotel room when I saw him stumble out of the hall with a girl on his arm. I scoffed, and found myself exiting the hotel room and hiding behind a corner.

Their laughs were loud as they emerged from the corner. I was on the opposite side and hopefully out of sight. As Diego neared the room door, he pressed the girl against the wall -like he had done to me so many times- and pressed an extra-long kiss on her lips.

Gag.

The girl then carried on down the corridor and walked up the stairs to her own room. I swallow hard and march into the room Diego and I shared and slammed the door shut.

"Oh there you are," Diego grins.

"Who was the girl?" I ask him trying to be nonchalant.

"Were you spying on me?" Diego asks cocking his head to the side.

"No!" I blurt out, "answer the question," I say a little more forcefully.

"Are you jealous?" Diego smirks.

"What? Me? Jealous! Of course not! No not at all," I say forcing a nervous laugh.

"Yeah okay," Diego laughs unconvinced.

He kicks off his shoes, removes his tie and blazer before undoing a few buttons on his crisp white shirt and jumps back onto the bed. I noticed the small parts of his visible skin and turned away. I pulled on my pyjama shorts and the hem of my shirt. I had changed as soon as I had returned.

"You look tense babe," Diego comments. "I can help you relax," He winks suggestively.

"I have no doubt you can. But I'm still pretty much angry with you," I reply crossing my arms over my chest.

"I honestly don't have feelings for Lara," Diego says.

Then why do you have such a problem with letting her go?

Hi! So, throughout the honeymoon Violetta has been on-off with her relationship with Diego. As I mentioned some time ago, this is her confusion! Diego clearly only wants physical whereas she is in a dilemma! It's confusing but I will try and settle it soon! *wink wink*

I've been thinking and I actually like the influence that Lara has on this story without being in it all the time. She doesn't have to be in every chapter to create distance between Diego and Violetta, which is quite cool.

So, there may not have been a kiss or anything but there was some DIELETTA that I hope kinda makes up for no update last week!

Who do you prefer—Alex or Federico? And the gif, although the words aren't exact it kinda works : ) Thanks for reading 🙈 Sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

655 242 20
"NOBODY DID ANYTHING, EVEN THOGH THEY SAW EVERYTHING. THEY WATCHED FROM A DISTANCE AND JUDGED WITH NO RESISTANCE." Raped at 14, triplets at 15 Violet...
1.1K 88 15
" I found a guy, told me I was a star He held the door, held my hand in the dark And there's one more boy, he's from my past We fell in love, but it...
6.7K 484 33
❝remember those walls i built? well, baby they're tumbling down and they didn't even put up a fight, they didn't even make a sound❞ Breakups never en...
15.3K 261 18
"When life seems too great, there's always something dark hiding in the shadows. Even the most joyful person can be hiding the their darkest thoughts...