We meet again

By lotus7543

Meera Maholtra, 22 years old, got a wonderful family living in the U.K. Attending University with her Bestie... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Main Cast/Characters
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
DEDICATION
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author's Note!
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter!
NEW BOOK!

Chapter 23

12.4K 394 8
By lotus7543

Ajay's P.O.V

Everything's set, Meera you are coming back into safe hands. One way or another.

I get the bag with the 'money' in it and head off towards my car to the border of Chennai City. The road there is a barren, scarce road, figures.

I get in the car and set up my Sat Nav to the exact place Ravi texted me. He's going to pay for what he did. Speeding down the main road, dodging cars and other vehicles I eventually get to a huge junction where there's a huge halt in traffic.

Ding!

Ugh, I check my phone.

Ravi- I don't have forever Ajay, I suggest you pick up the pace of you want your wife to be in one piece and alive.

Oh God! No, can this stupid traffic hurry up?! I've got my wife under gunpoint here!

(A/N- For Indians out there, you will know the struggles our country goes through for traffic, oh god 😩)

It's been 2 minutes, 2! At least we've inched along slightly. No, why now? Yes! The traffic's moving, finally!

I zoom along the highway, once again. I see the number of cars are slowly decreasing and the number of people as well as I drive closer to the border.

Just before I go any further, I call someone on my phone, yes!, ok they are coming there near Ravi. Ok, maybe this will work after all.

I see a few red, black and white cars grouped together. I'm presuming it's them, obviously.

I pull up and get out of the car with the bag. As I do this, I see Ravi and a few other men. Quite built up ones. He waves and smirks as he sees what I'm holding in my hand.

"Well, well finally, I thought I'd have to harm Meera again, well more like kill her but you know same thing."

I scowl and my free hand is fisting up.

"Now, I see you've brought the bag but before that I need to check if you brought any reinforcements. Men go check the area and search him!"

His men, or 'guards', spread out they look around the area, throughout the bushes and vegetation.

A man stands in front of me signalling me to lift my arms horizontally. Oh, he's going to search me for weapons. Great...not. He searches and finds nothing, well I'm clever I didn't bring anything with me apart from my phone which I left in the car and the bag in my hand right now.

He goes back to Ravi and whispers to him, something I can't hear. All the men regroup as well.

"Ok Ajay, seems like you actually didn't bring anyone with you, I'm impressed, you can be quite sly you know."

Yeah I can be very sly as you're going to find out. Well, hopefully.

"Can we just get to the point already?"

"Seems you're eager to see Meera, she was quite the pleasure to be with, good to talk to."

I am getting angrier and angrier by the minute.

"So now one of my men are going to meet you halfway and take the bag ok?"

I shake my head no.

"Where's Meera?"

"Oh I see, ok well I need the money first then you can have her, yeah?"

Ugh! For this plan to work I need Meera to be near me. Wait! Hold on!

"At least bring her out so I can see her. Please?"

He stays silent, please say yes, please.

"Fine. She can stay right next to my car but my men will stay close to her. Once the money has been exchanged then she can come back to her dear husband."

I see one of his men open the door of his car and bring her out, forcefully. Oh my god!, she looks terrible. She's bruised, thinned down and has dried blood in her. What did they do to her?!

"What on earth did you do to her?! How can you hit a woman, you are an absolute disgusting excuse for a man!"

"I'd watch your mouth if I were you, don't want anything bad happening do we?"

"Don't hurt her anymore, I'll meet your men halfway instead."

I hope my reinforcements are coming because this is it once they find out there's no money just some old clothing in the bag, it's going to go down badly.

I begin to walk forward as does one of his men. My heart pounds as I walk closer and closer. Hold on a minute, what is he reaching for in his pocket? A gun, he's reaching for a gun! Ravi is going to kill me and Meera, that's why!

I run towards the man and stand in front of him, he signals for the bag.

Suddenly everyone looks up as they hear helicopter blades whirr.
THEY'RE HERE, THEY'RE ACTUALLY HERE! YES!

"What's going on?! Why's there a helicopter?! It's a police helicopter! Get your guns NOW!"

The men that hold onto Meera let go of her to get their guns, as she falls onto the ground.

"MEERA! GET INTO A CAR AND DUCK DOWN! DON'T GET UP UNTIL I SAY SO!"

She runs into the car and ducks down. I run to my car and hide in it.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Police gunfire and Ravi's men gunfire is all I hear. Is Meera ok? Ok, Ajay, calm down. I hear the groans and yelling of men either shooting or getting shot.

This goes on for a few more seconds. It stops. The back window of my is cracked. I peer over the window, there are many bodies, some probably dead and others barely managing to move. I hear the sirens of ambulances and police vans/cars. The helicopter is currently flying away.

Did Meera survive? Is Ravi still alive? I prepare to go out. I cautiously step out of the car. I'm greeted by the sight of many, many policemen and ambulance workers.

"Sir, the plan went a little haywire, but it did succeed with bloodshed. Thank you for alerting us blackmail and hostage situations are very serious. We'll take him to where he belongs. Please attend the court in 2 weeks."

I see there's a group of armed police officers taking away Ravi, while he struggles, saying some 'polite' words. Finally that idiot can be where he deserves to be!

Meera! I hope she's ok!

I run over to where she is, it was this car right. Oh no, it's got bullet holes all over it. I whip open the door. I see Meera curled up into a ball crying. Aw, no, no, no.

"Meera, you can come out."

She looks at me for a moment, her eyes glazed with tears. She jumps up and out of the car. I feel two arms wrap around my torso and hear whimpering and sniffing.

I look down at her and wrap my own arms around her snuggling my face in her neck as my eyes start to water. Why am I starting to cry? Don't cry, Ajay, don't cry.

"Ajay, Ajay, thank you so much! I've never been so thankful in my life. He, he, kept hurting me. I mean Mr Krishnan."

I hug her tighter.

"At least you're ok, apart from the bruises and blood. It's fine, I'm sorry, so sorry. Meera, we're going to the hospital ok? You're hurt. Badly. I meant Miss Maholtra, yeah."

She looks up at me nervously.

"Can we just call each other our names? I think we both went through enough to be more than complete enemies. So I'm thinking shall we just start again? Unless you um like Samantha still then..."

Her face drops but she tries to smile. I think about it and nod.

"Well, I suppose so. I think we should, we also have to attend the court to get the idiot behind bars permanently."

She smiles as I take her to the car. I'm so sorry Meera, this was all my fault. I deserved all the pain I went through. From now on, I'm going to embrace our marriage. This is going to work.

----------------------------------------------
A/N-

So guys I have finally updated, I hope you liked this chapter. I spent a lot of time on it. Also thanks for your support and I'm thankfully better, no more flu. Yay!

So Meera and Ajay seem friendly towards each other now. How cute, aww. Like that's going to last for long, pffft...

Meera's family is still furious at Ajay and Meera is absolutely clueless as in how Ajay caused some of that mess.

Oooh, do you smell that? I smell some trouble and drama, smells so good!

Until next time... On We Meet Again

Lotus7543 😊🙏🏽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 7.5K 23
The love story of a playboy turned good and a sweetheart who had her heart broken. Will they ever be able to get past what they've gone through and l...
494K 24.8K 46
NALINI - I believe in Love but I don't believe in sacrificing myself for it's sake. My marriage is a promise, a duty I have to fulfil as my Father's...
10.5K 775 25
"𝘼𝙣 𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙚? 𝙈𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚, 𝙢𝙮 𝙧𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙨, 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙." - 𝙑𝙚𝙚𝙧 "𝘼𝙧𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩, 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙖...
785K 59.6K 38
Arrange marriage, I hated to even hear about it. But my fate didn't favour me. Being from a conservative family, I was forced into an arranged marri...