Chapter 15

Samantha's P.O.V

Ugh!!!! Why?! Did this really have to happen? Out of all the people I could of had a fight with it had to be my little sister.

I've been crying so much, yeah we do fight, but it's for silly reasons. Now, we haven't talked to each other for 2 weeks. Usually I don't cry easily but this fight was different. It's gone so fast as well. I don't know what to do, like, was the I the one who was wrong to accuse her? Well, she was acting rather rude and unreasonable especially to Ajay.

Even though I sort of defended Ajay and not my sister doesn't mean she can full out explode. I only defend the innocent even if my family aren't innocent. I haven't talked to Ajay either, I needed space.
I sound like I broke up with someone, seriously?

Since Ajay had proper proof and he would never be so rude also I've known him for years that's why I defended him. Plus I've known Meera to overreact easily.

OMG! I'm late! I'm going to get murdered by my manager. I'm definitely not going to make it without a huge yelling lecture from her.

I get ready and wipe my tears, get dressed and run to my car and set off to the St Mary's Orphanage building.

A rushed car drive later...

Oh god! Finally here. I hear the sounds of children's laughter and voices. My favourite sound in the world. These orphans have no parents yet they still stay so happy. Well, the staff here, including me act as parents. It's an amazing job. I love it so much!

Also Ajay sponsors this orphanage and  dog shelter every year along with my father. They're both amazing! But the government have been planning to break it down and build a shopping complex instead. Stupid idiots! Explains why I couldn't attend my little sister's wedding.

I go and greet the staff and nuns who run this place. The laughter of children gets louder as I walk towards the door which leads to the playground. It's my turn on duty to look after the children in case they get hurt or fight.

Anyway, where is my manager, shouldn't she be yelling at me, by now?

"SAMANTHA MAHOLTRA!"

Oh, she is here. This had to happen didn't it? Should of brought ear plugs along.

"Why are you late! You are lucky I'm so nice and it's your first time you're late, therefore I'm letting it off! Understand?!"

Calm down woman! You didn't even let me answer the question of why I was late.

"Thank you and I was late because I have so family issues, it's nothing really."

"Fine, fine, but don't do it again you are a representative of this orphanage and are expected to be perfect."

" Sorry, it won't happen again. I'm sure."

She nods and walks away. Where was her lecture? At least she didn't ask about my family matters. Anyway I make my way out into the playground while the other staff member goes back in.

The children look over and see me and have happy looks in their eyes and run over to me. Oh no! Stampede of children...

I almost get knocked over but managed to hold onto a wall near by. I calm them down and make them follow me to a bench. I sit down and hug and kiss most of the children and listen to their cute stories and problems.