Chapter 23

Ajay's P.O.V

Everything's set, Meera you are coming back into safe hands. One way or another.

I get the bag with the 'money' in it and head off towards my car to the border of Chennai City. The road there is a barren, scarce road, figures.

I get in the car and set up my Sat Nav to the exact place Ravi texted me. He's going to pay for what he did. Speeding down the main road, dodging cars and other vehicles I eventually get to a huge junction where there's a huge halt in traffic.

Ding!

Ugh, I check my phone.

Ravi- I don't have forever Ajay, I suggest you pick up the pace of you want your wife to be in one piece and alive.

Oh God! No, can this stupid traffic hurry up?! I've got my wife under gunpoint here!

(A/N- For Indians out there, you will know the struggles our country goes through for traffic, oh god 😩)

It's been 2 minutes, 2! At least we've inched along slightly. No, why now? Yes! The traffic's moving, finally!

I zoom along the highway, once again. I see the number of cars are slowly decreasing and the number of people as well as I drive closer to the border.

Just before I go any further, I call someone on my phone, yes!, ok they are coming there near Ravi. Ok, maybe this will work after all.

I see a few red, black and white cars grouped together. I'm presuming it's them, obviously.

I pull up and get out of the car with the bag. As I do this, I see Ravi and a few other men. Quite built up ones. He waves and smirks as he sees what I'm holding in my hand.

"Well, well finally, I thought I'd have to harm Meera again, well more like kill her but you know same thing."

I scowl and my free hand is fisting up.

"Now, I see you've brought the bag but before that I need to check if you brought any reinforcements. Men go check the area and search him!"

His men, or 'guards', spread out they look around the area, throughout the bushes and vegetation.

A man stands in front of me signalling me to lift my arms horizontally. Oh, he's going to search me for weapons. Great...not. He searches and finds nothing, well I'm clever I didn't bring anything with me apart from my phone which I left in the car and the bag in my hand right now.

He goes back to Ravi and whispers to him, something I can't hear. All the men regroup as well.

"Ok Ajay, seems like you actually didn't bring anyone with you, I'm impressed, you can be quite sly you know."

Yeah I can be very sly as you're going to find out. Well, hopefully.

"Can we just get to the point already?"

"Seems you're eager to see Meera, she was quite the pleasure to be with, good to talk to."

I am getting angrier and angrier by the minute.

"So now one of my men are going to meet you halfway and take the bag ok?"

I shake my head no.