Chapter 31

Meera's P.O.V

At the moment I'm in my office with a worried look on my face as my sister in law holds a letter. I receive a letter from Karthika.

"Don't think you're going to like it."

I open up the piece of paper, skim over the words, my eyes widen.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

"Are you serious?! They can't move this to next week! NO we can't decorate or do anything within a few days!"

"By the way the letter should of got here by last week but you know the indian postal system right? Heh. So let's calm okay? You're under a lot of stress but right now."

"YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN?! HOW ON EARTH ARE WE GOING TO DECORATE A WHOLE PARTY HALL IN A FEW DAYS?! As well as the charity items and food, oh my god!"

I hear the door slam open.

"Sister Sam to the rescue! What is thy problem sis? I'm calm and level headed unlike you so one shall sort this."

"Karthika don't give it to her please!"

Sam snatches it off her and reads it her mouth drops. Wait for it, 3,2,1 and?...

"No, no, NO! This is illegal! I'm calling my lawyer. Nope this can't happen! WHY now?!"

Yep, knew she'd freak. Wait I'm the CEO I've got to be calm about this. Okay, Meera calm.

"Okay, it's okay. We have to get this done, we've been chosen to do this. We can't let everyone think bad of us. Anushka and Glam WILL host the best business celebration party ever. Understood?!"

They both look surprised and nod.

"Yes sis!"

"Yes mam!"

I roll my eyes and smile at them. I have to organise an immediate staff meeting.

"Go get everyone, I mean everyone. Including the fashion designers. I have a plan. This requires a staff meeting."

They nod and get everyone while I get to the meeting room. Everyone, files in and takes their seats or stands up.

I nod and I begin to speak once everyone is settled.

"Guys, we've had a slight problem okay? Nothing to worry about. We together can fix it. The economists have sent us a letter saying the business party has been moved from next month to next week. But due to some post issues the letter didn't arrive last week but today."

One of the employees speak.

"Miss, how can we do this? We can't hold a party at that large scale within a few days of preparation!"

I see all the heads nod in agreement.

"So you want to be known as a company who couldn't organise a celebration and is going to be shamed for that?"

They shake their heads, no.

"I thought so. So whether you can join or not we WILL throw a great celebration. If we work and hard and quickly and produce a wonderful end product! I've worked hard to get this company where it is now and you have too."