Chapter 4

Meera's P.O.V

Yes!!!! My bestie has just landed in Chennai. Its been a few days now since I've come here its been ok and most of my family are here for the proposal in two days. Oh! I've missed Sarah so much I can show her the stuff I've always wanted to show her in Chennai. We can spend some proper time together tomorrow.
"Meera ! I'm here. I'm actually here!, in India with you!"
She runs up to me with her bags trailing behind her and hugs me. We try to let go but it turns out that we're tangled in the bag straps. Ugh!

"we're tangled is there someone who could help?!"

People just stare at us with confused or disgusted looks on their face. Well what do you expect?, them running to us to help, nope because Indians can't understand what she just said and even if they did they won't bother or they'll just mumble something about how uncultured we are.

"Oh blossom, really this is a stupid thing to do now isn't it but as a big brother I'll be a saviour."

He lifts my arms over Sarah's head and slips the straps underneath them and we're suddenly free. How did he do that?

"Magic!, now that you're free from each other this must be the famous best friend I've heard her say and text about. Sarah, right?"

"Yes I am, nice to meet you and why did you call her blossom, is there an unknown relationship I'm not aware about because she is getting married right?!"

"Sarah he's my brother can you not see the resemblance really?, also he calls me blossom because of my personality. So don't worry."

"Oops sorry, anyway I want to see your house so let's hurry up."

A drive later...

" Omg! Your house is so pretty so Indian as well."
"Thanks I missed it a lot."

We walked in and my parents greeted her as well as my other family members who were visiting for the proposal. Any way I want to show Sarah her room it's really big and has a great view I hope she likes it.

"So Sarah this is your room you're staying in I hope you like it."

She opens the door and squeals.

"Oh Meera it's great I love it so beautiful and a great balcony with a good view thanks!"

Relief floods through me. The smile on her face says it all. I do have the greatest friend in the world! I help her get her bags in the room then leave her to settle down. Ring! Ring! I get a phone call.

"Sarah I got a phone call so excuse me."

"Hello."

"Meera! How's my sister doing?"

"I'm doing great. I'm just a little stressed with you know the proposal."

"Don't worry he'll like you whoever he is, who wouldn't? Anyway about the proposal I really can't make it to the proposal I'm really sorry."

"What, why!?"

"Because I've got to represent the board on why we should keep the shelter not destroy it for a stupid shopping complex. You understand right sis?"

"Ok I understand you won't be at the wedding either will you, I mean its ok but just asking?"

" yeah I won't be able to attend I'm really sorry ok?"

"It's ok I hope you succeed with the shelter. Bye!"

" bye!"

Shocking right? I also have a sister she is older than me but younger than my brother she is 23 years old.

"Meera! I'm ready I want to see the rest of your house."

So I show her around the house into the garden full of coconut, mango,papaya and banana trees. She was amazed. I kept laughing at her facial expression. It took us all evening and we went to bed early as I had to show her around Chennai tomorrow. I'm so excited! It's the capital of culture of course!

Next morning...

I wake up so excited for today I want to show Sarah all the best stuff in Chennai. After I prepare myself I go downstairs and go to Sarah's room. I slowly tip toe into her room and get beside her bed and yell "BOO!"

"What are you doing trying to give me a heart attack!"

"Sorry I'm just excited you know about the stuff I'm going to show you around the city and all the different food we're going to eat!"

"Oh yes! But don't give me a near death experience again ok."

"Yep!"

So I get ready and meet Sarah at the doorstep. I go out to the road and wait for a taxi. We both get in super excited. I really can't wait, so we get down at a clothing shop and we go in and buy some clothes and try them on.

"Omg Meera this sari is so beautiful I love it!, and you look absolutely stunning!"

"You look amazing and see what I mean Indian dresses are so sparkly."

Then we go to a restaurant and try some Indian food.

" this is so good , I didn't know it would be this good! Omg!"

I laughed but then ended up choking Which lead up to total embarrassment for me, oh well nothing new I always get embarrassed.

Afterwards we went to gift shops and I showed her lots of landmarks also took a large number of photos during this. It was finally the end of the day and me and Sarah were so tired and we had never had so much fun before!

We had a little dinner and me and Sarah went off to my balcony to talk as it is the big day where I see my husband to be.

" so how are you feeling about tomorrow?"

" I don't know I'm nervous and happy at the same time because as you can see my brother had an arranged marriage and it went successful as well as my parents but my life isn't that easy it would try to throw me off a cliff if you know what I mean."

She laughs.

" ok we both know that life isn't that easy but I'm sure it will be ok remember I'm here so talk to me when you need it. Also if he hurts you in any way, I've brought my boxing gloves with just saying."

" when did you start boxing?"

" you know what I mean."

I start crying and Sarah come up to me and we share a hug and continue talking for about an hour. Then we separate to our rooms.

It's ok Meera nothing to worry about, just my life taking a huge step and I have to talk to a random man who I have to marry. No biggie?

I climb into bed and decide to sleep on it.

But one last question pops up in my head.

What is he like and will he like me?