Chapter 36

Ajay's Father's P.O.V

Why has my son disappointed me once again? He was my pride and joy when he was born. He was going to succeed my company,become the CEO. Which he has and is.

Yet, he still never listens, to what I say. As his father, he must listen to me. I know what's best for him, but look what the idiot has done now.

"You must give our son a chance Anwar. You have been holding him back for too long now. He even doesn't call you father anymore."

"Why must I care what he doesn't call me father? He can call me a piece of trash for all he wants. But he is still my son, and he upholds my reputation and our family's reputation as well."

I glare at my wife. She doesn't know the value of our reputation. She's just a simple housewife.

"Anwar! Our son hates you! He hasn't been talking to even me properly! It is like we aren't even there!"

I roll my eyes, and let out a frustrated groan.

"Look here, wife. You go back to your kitchen and do your own job. I'll sort this out. You are too nice to my son, and I haven't been disciplining him. That is why he has become like this."

"I'm his mother what do you expect from me? I try to discipline him, which I have. You just push him down even more!"

She glares and walks back towards the sitting room, where that idiot is sitting.
What a pathetic excuse for a son? What did I do wrong in my past life for this to happen?

"Uppa, they're here now. They're waiting outside."

(Uppa-means Father)

"Fine. Okay, Rahul. Go let them in and ask your mother to serve tea to the guests."

At least one son listens? He goes back to the sitting room where my wife is to tell them. A minute later she comes out rolling her eyes and going to the kitchen. Goodness sake woman?!

I hear the murmurs of the Maholtras. I guess it's time to go in.

I walk in grudgingly, and put on a fake smile.

"Hello, Maholtra family. Please get yourselves seated while the tea comes out."

Mr Maholtra speaks.

"Thank you, it has been quite a while. How have you been doing?"

"Oh, well I've been good. I've been great."

He looks taken back by me blunt answer. Well what do you expect?

Not like Raj Corps has gone down the drain and your company and your daughter's company has been make one of the greatest profits in the business Industry.

"Oh I see..Well let's get started with our meeting shall we?"

"Sure."

We all sit down in the sitting room in an awkward silence. I look around at the different faces and see her.

Ugh...Meera. It's her fault that she destroyed my son's reputation and dignity.