The Speedster and the Telekin...

By mabaronlovesbts

After the events of the black hole in Central City, the Flash was considered the hero of the city. But over t... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
Book 3!!!

4

289 2 0
By mabaronlovesbts

After rehearsal, I had gotten a text from Barry to meet him at S.T.A.R. Labs instead because he needed Cisco's help with the evidence. I rolled my eyes and hail a cab, then I head to S.T.A.R. Labs. When I walk into the Cortex, I see Cisco looking through a huge magnifying glass looking at the sand particles from last night. "Ok, how much did I miss?" I ask walking over to them. "Nothing much." Iris says and I nod as I fold my arms. "What is this stuff? Sand?" Cisco asks holding up the vile with the particles inside and Barry and I shrug. "It's not sand. It's human cells whose myosin-two protein have migrated to the cells' periphery." Jay explains and I turn to look at him. "Jay's a fellow science nerd." Caitlin says and I sigh. "Great. I may be dating a science geek, but that doesn't mean I know how to speak science geek." I say and Barry laughs as he wraps his arms around me from behind. "Those cells have the ability to rearrange and harden, giving them the appearance of sand." he explains and I nod understanding that sentence now.

"Mmm, how do you know this?" Barry asks him.

"They belong to a metahuman I've fought before named Sand Demon." Jay says.

"I know you're new here, so I'm just gonna break it down for you. The whole naming the bad guys thing, that's my jam. But you know what, I'm gonna let you have that one, 'cause I actually kind of like it. I'm not mad at that one. Is that Barry's sweatshirt" Cisco asks and I hold back a laugh as I roll my eyes.

"Oh, uh, sorry. It was all we could find." Iris says and I look up at Barry who furrows his brows.

"I was gonna say 'cause it looks smaller on you, right?" Cisco says with a chuckle and I just look at him with a scrunched brows. "I gotta do this thing." Cisco says walking back to his computer. "So, who is this Sand Demon?" Iris asks him and I wondered the same thing. "I don't know his name, but I know how to stop him." Jay says, but half of me wanted to trust him and the other half thought that he was a bad person, like Wells was. "You know what, I think we'll be fine on our own." Barry says and I look at him and look back at Jay. "Look, Barry, I don't know what else I can do to prove to you I'm on your side. I've been poked, prodded, I even subjected myself to a full body scan." Jay says and I look at Iris. "I was being thorough." she replies and I just give a small smirk. "Sand Demon's from my world. Let me teach you how to stop him." Jay says to Barry and I look up at my boyfriend again. "Yeah, I don't need you to teach me anything, Jay." Barry replies to him and I look back at Jay again.

"Zoom sent Rothstein here to kill you. He must've sent Sand Demon here to do the same thing. Don't you get it? Anyone close to the Flash, all of you, are in a lot of danger!" Jay says.

"Alright. If you were so good, you would've caught him already." Barry says letting go of me and walking over to Jay with a glare. "Let's get Jay back to his cell."

Caitlin escorts Jay back to the Pipeline as Barry walks away and I frown at him then look over to Iris. "Do you think he's being a little over exaggerated about Jay?" she asks me and I shrug. "To be honest, I'm torn between trusting him and keeping him in that cell in case he is lying." I say crossing my arms. "Why don't you just read Jay's mind again to see if he really is lying?" Iris asks but I shake my head in disagreement. "I can't. The cells are structured to block out any meta's powers, plus he'll know about me reading his mind." I say and Iris sighs. I hear Barry woosh out and I knew something was up. "I gotta go. Have to get back to work before I get yelled at." Iris says and I smile at her and nod. When she was gone, I couldn't help to think why Barry sped out like that.

*~*~

After a while, I was helping Caitlin but we stopped to CC Picture News talk about a new Star City, formerly known as Starling City, vigilante named the Green Arrow. "Looks like Ollie and Felicity are back." I say leaning on the table then walking up to the screen. "Catchy." Caitlin says and I nod in agreement. "I hate it when they put a color in their name." Cisco says and I smile at him. "Yo." Cisco says and I turn to see Barry walk in with Iris. "Yo." Barry says walking over to me and wrapping his arms around me. "The sample you gave us... Not sand. Definitely human cells." Cisco says. "Yeah, I know. It's not him. I get it." Barry says and I look at him with a raised brow. "I hate to say it, I think this Earth Two theory is starting to make sense." Cisco says. "For real?" Barry asks and look down starting to believe it as well. "What you think Jay is lying about the Sand Demon?" Iris asks him. "I don't know. That's my point. But I'm not gonna just believe some guy that walks in here and says a few things that sort of check out." Barry says and I look at him. "Sort of?" He was right about Zoom, Bar." I tell him and he looks at me with narrowed eyes. "We don't even know anything about Zoom. Or what is Zoom? Is Zoom even real? Right now, that's just, you know, a story around a campfire." he says and I sigh. "I mean, have you discovered a breach yet?" Barry asks Professor Stein turning to him with one arm still around me.

"Not yet, be we know how to now." Professor Stein says.

"Have you found one thing to suggest that Jay is a speedster?" he asks Caitlin now who purses her lips and looks up. "Is the speed force even in his system?"

"It doesn't appear to be, no." Caitlin says.

"See? We are scientists. You are a journalist. And you're a performer." he says and I look down. "We test, we prove, we report. That's what we do. Except, right now, nobody here wants to do any of that, except me."

"That is not true!" I yell at Barry looking up at him and he looks down at me as I pull away from him.

"What's not true about it, Tori?" he asks me.

I sigh at him then look at the others, "Can we have the room for a minute?" I ask them and they all walk away as Barry sighs. "What has happened to you?" I ask him as I cross my arms. "Are you-- Me?" he asks me and I nod. "Yes, you. The you that I grew up with. The you that is my best friend. The you that I fell in love with. The you that became the Flash. I haven't seen that you in a very long time." I tell him and he looks away from me. "A lot has changed, Tori." he tells me and I look away from him for a moment. "Yeah, it sure has. You have learned how to not trust people. I know how you feel about not trusting Jay, but I'm torn between trusting him or if he's lying. What is it about Jay that you don't like?" I ask him. "I don't know. Uh..." he scoffs and I walk up to him knowing why. "It's because he reminds you of Wells." I say, but his eyes stay away from mine. "I trusted that man. For months. We all did. And you know what? Eddie is dead, Ronnie is dead. And a whole lot of other people in this city, they're dead because we trusted him. I'm not gonna let us make that mistake again." he says and I frown. "I know how you feel. But not everyone is Harrison Wells. Besides, you defeated him because you trusted in people, because you believed in them. This team that we have here, we will follow your lead. We'll do what you say. But if they think that you don't believe in them, which I know you do believe in us, it won't be long before they don't believe in you." I tell him and he pulls me in and kisses my head.

Suddenly, Barry's phone rings and I look at the collar ID to see that it was Joe. "Hey, Joe, what's up?" he asks and I suddenly feel him tense up. "Ok. We'll find Patty." he says and I look at him confused. "Sand Demon kidnapped an officer." he says and I nod. "Her name is Patty?" I ask and he nods at me. "I met her when Joe caught Sand Demon's doppelganger. I'll be back." he says as he pecks my lips and walks away. Everyone walks back in and look at me, "Where's Barry?" they ask me and I shrug. "He got a call from Joe saying that an officer was kidnapped by Sand Demon." I say and soon Barry walks back in with Jay. "Jay's gonna help us to find Patty." Barry says and I nod. "We're looking for any structures that promote humidity. Greenhouses, grow rooms, anything of the sort. His body will literally start to fall apart if he becomes dehydrated." Jay says as he walks to the front of the Cortex and Barry walks up next to me putting on his coat then wrapping an arm around me. "Just like sand." Caitlin says and Jay nods in confirmation. "Sand Demon always attacks on two fronts. He creates a diversion, then strikes when you're distracted." Jay says.

"Ok. Then what do we do?" Barry asks him and I wondered the same thing.

"We use your speed to get to him before the distraction can happen." Jay says.

"How can we stop somebody who can slip through our fingers?" I ask him.

"The way I was never able to. With lightning." he says.

"Yo-oh! Are you about to pull a Zeus right now?" Cisco asks Barry clapping his hands together.

"What are you talking about?" Iris asks and I look at Jay confused.

"Barry's going to hurl lightning from the energy's he creates when he runs." Jay says and I understand.

"Because lightning plus sand equals--"

"Glass." Barry says interrupting me and I look at him with a smile.

"Time to learn something new, kid." Jay says and Barry nods

Barry looks over to Cisco and he imitates lightning making me chuckle as Barry turns to the doorway of the Cortex. I turn to look in his direction to see Joe walking by on his phone. "Give me a sec." Barry says patting Cisco's shoulder and giving me a quick kiss and walks away. "What was that about?" Cisco asks me as I look at him go after Joe. "I don't know. I didn't read his mind or anything, but something just tells me that Joe thinks it's his fault for Patty being taken." I say looking over to Cisco as Caitlin starts typing on the computers to search every greenhouses, grow rooms, et cetera while Barry trains with Jay in the basement to master throwing lightning. "Anything?" I ask Caitlin wondering if she'd found where Sand Demon may be hiding. "I've searched all the vacant buildings in Central City, and none of them fit the description that we need." she responds to me. "And I've looked at any draw upticks on the electrical grid. Nothing out of the norm, I'm afraid." Professor Stein says.

"We gotta do whatever it takes." Cisco says and I look over to him seeing his look change into a look of realization. "I'll be back."

Cisco walks out of the Cortex and I look at Professor Stein and Caitlin, who just shrugs. Professor Stein just walks away and I wanted to follow to know what was going on with Cisco, but I knew Caitlin needed help, even if I didn't know what I was doing. Soon, Cisco comes dashing in with Professor Stein and Barry follows with Jay. "Suit up, Tori." he tells me and I look at him in confusion. "What for?" I ask him looking confused. "Sand Demon's at the abandoned Woodrue grow house." Barry says and I nod and dash over to the suit room to put my suit on. "Fair warning, there may be a concussive bomb." Barry says and I look at him with wide eyes. "A concussive bomb?" I ask in shock as I zip up my skin tight black leather onesie and combat boots, and fingerless gloves. "Jay's gonna help out as a distraction for Sand Demon and I'll come in, while you go and rescue Patty." Barry replies as I walk out of the suit room with my mask in my hands. "Ok." I say and I suddenly see Caitlin walk out with the helmet that came out of the Singularity 6 months ago. "Never thought I'd see that again." Jay says grabbing the helmet from her hands. "It was my father's from the War of the Americas." he says again.

"Did you just say the War of the Americas?" Cisco asks him.

"I wish you would've just told us you lost your helmet." Barry says and I nod putting a hand on my waist.

"Would've saved us all a headache." I say as Caitlin puts the helmet on Jay's head.

"Well, you sure you wanna do this, Flash?" Barry asks him.

"Yeah. Let's go see what you're made of, Flash." Jay says and I roll my eyes.

*~*~

When we were near the abandoned Woodrue grow house, I was waiting outside while Barry speeded Jay inside to distract Eddie Slick, aka Sand Demon. As soon as Cisco tells us that Slick was distracted, Barry speeds us in and drops me off next to Patty. I quickly untie Patty and grab her, when I was suddenly thrown back by the concussive bomb. "I hate this!" I say groaning in pain as I look up at Slick. I stand up and look over to Patty seeing her unconscious, but breathing. "Patty's alive." I say to Barry and he nods as he faces Sand Demon. "Must be my lucky day. Zoom sent me here to kill you. Now I get to kill the Flash from two worlds and a birdie." he says as I stand next to Barry. Slick extends his arms and clamps his hand around Jay's throat. "Barry, Tori, you gotta do something, now!" I hear Iris say and I grab my baton's which light up with electricity. "You think of something while I distract him." I tell Barry and I run over to Slick dodging one of his punches by skidding on my knees, then smack him with my baton which hurts him slightly. I see Barry speed around us as I flip to avoid a punch and land on one knee. "Tori, protect Jay with a force field." Barry says to me telepathically and I obeyed his order. I somersaulted over to Jay, put my batons back in their place and create a force field around us as Barry charged himself up to throw lightning at Slick.

He throws his lightning at Slick, and Slick turns into glass as he was hit and shatters on the ground. I take the force field down and look at the shattered Sand Demon then I look over to Jay. "You ok?" I ask him and he nods in confirmation. "Yeah. I'm ok. Nice shot, kid." Jay says to Barry as I turn to look back at him. "Yeah. Nice shot." I say with a smirk and he smiles at me. "Flash?" I hear a voice say and I look up to see Patty come to. "Yeah?" Jay and Barry both respond and I smile at the two. "Coming. That won't be weird." I say as they dash over to her and I follow. The three of us kneel in front of her as she looks at the two Flash's in confusion. "You're gonna be ok now, officer." I tell her and she nods looking at me. "Thank you, Hummingbird and Flash's." she says looking at the two men beside me. "You'll get used to it. Hopefully." I say and Barry smiles at me. I extend an arm out to her helping her up and we both walk out of the grow house. "I'll take her back to CCPD. Meet up with you two later." I say to them and Barry looks at me with concern. "I'll be fine. Don't look at me like that." I say to him telepathically as I walk out with an arm around Patty carrying her over to my bike.

*~*~

When I get back to S.T.A.R. Labs, I change back into my normal clothes and look over to Barry. "I'm gonna head home." I tell Barry grabbing my purse. "Wait for me. I'm gonna go home, too." he says and I smile at him. "Ok, but don't be slow." I say to him with a smile. "Ha ha ha. Very funny." he says to me and I lean on the table as he walks over to the medbay where Jay and Caitlin were. I see Caitlin walk out leaving the two speedsters and I smile at her. "Hey, Cait." I say and she stops in front of me. "Hey, Tori. You did a good job out there." she tells me and I nod. "I try." I say and we both laugh then look back at Barry and Jay. "You know, ever since Jay came into the picture, you've been looking at him dreamily." I tell her and she blushes a bright red. "Is it that noticeable?" she asks and I nod. "He's just really cute and... I don't know." she says and I look back at the boys. "I don't see it." I say with a raised brow then look back at Caitlin. "That's because you got a man already, and it's the one you're gonna marry in the future." she says and we both laugh. "Yeah. Well, it's a good way to move on. To start dating again. I like seeing happy Caitlin over sad and mean Caitlin." I say and she laughs a little. "Yeah. I like happy Caitlin too." she says then Barry walks in. "Ready to go?" he asks me and I nod. "Go for it, Cait." I tell her and she laughs one more time then Barry picks me up bridal style, then speeds us out of the Cortex and back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76K 2.2K 31
"Don't you know that I'm just a girl off the streets? You have a life outside of all of this, Barry. Friends, family, a home that you can be safe in...
70.7K 1.7K 51
Mack is back six months later, and ready to adventure with her team at STAR labs and trying to get control over her unstable powers. More metahumans...
2.4K 222 8
𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 | ❝ I will always find you. ❞ Everyone can turn into something great, at least that's what Jordan St. John sincerely bel...
16.8K 309 25
Sequel to (young justice robin x reader: bird love.) After the events of the first book, Dick doesn't give up on finding you. What will happen if he...