B3: 3/11 Purpose || j.jk ✔️

By LadyKimTae

If I touch you I'm afraid you'd fly away or break *Reading book 1&2 is highly recommended* ** ©LadyKimTae Sta... More

••
A piece of me
BRAIN STORMING
Guardian Angel
Step 1
Down to Business
This is Me
unexplainable
New Start
Weekend
Good Bye, Just Not Yet
New Jungkook
Day Out
Don't leave
Till I Wake
Just a feel
Old times
Together
Congrats
Happy again
New Greetings
Only Thing
New Addition
Perfection
Authors Note

Truth

2.6K 133 260
By LadyKimTae

Unknown POV

"You're here to see Jeon Jungkook?" The lady at the front desk in the hospital asks. I nod. "Go right ahead." She smiles. I turn to look at Sam and Bella. "You two ready? To see your dad?" I ask. They nod and we head to his room.

"Ah. I knew you'd be here. Right on time." One of the male nurses says. I smile. "Of course I'd be here on time." I say. He holds the door for me and I go inside. The beeping of the machines helping him breath is the only sound that tickles my ears. "Oh Jungkook.. How am I suppose to live without you?" I ask. Bella helps Sam sit on the bed. He looks at his father with a sad expression on his little innocent face.

"I started Kindergarten.." He says quietly. "My teacher is very nice." I try my best not to cry. Sam starts to sob, I pull him onto my lap. Bella walks over to him. "I miss you dad.. I wish you could be here." She cries. I wipe my eyes. I set my hand on his. "We're all doing fine.. But we miss you so much." I tell him, even though I was sure he couldn't hear me.

It honestly sucks having my husband not here with me. My children have been suffering without him, as have I. His body was here, just maybe not his soul. I run my fingers along his skin that has gone dry. "Baby girl. Your dads skins going dry again... Please hand me the lotion." She nods and walks over to the little cabinet and grabs the lotion. Sam gets off my lap and walks over to his little bean bag like he always did. She hands me the bottle and I take it. I rub a little bit of lotion on his hands, then his arms, being careful with the chords and wires attached to him.

"Bella." I call. She knows the drill. She takes the lotion and does his other arm. "Mom.. Will he ever wake up?" She asks. I look up at his sleeping face, a thin see through pipe coming out of his mouth. "I hope so my little Rose.. I hope so." I nod. She sits back down at her regular seat. I kiss his hand and roll myself over next to her.

"Mom." I hear Sam. "Yes baby?" I ask. "Tell the story again." He says. Bella looks at me. "You said you'd tell us when Sam started Kindergarten." She says. She was right. I nod. Trying to remember exactly what happened that horrible day.

**

I lay there scared to death as Jungkook fights for our lives. He grabs the shot gun from against the wall and shoots Stephen in the chest, causing him to fly back. "Abigail!" He calls. He's about to walk over to me when I see him fall back and a loud bang. I try my best to sit up, when I do I see Stephen with the revolver in his had.

Steam leaking out from the exit where the bullet left. He then points the gun at me. "I told you bitch. If I go down you-" he's interrupted by another shot in the chest. The gun right away falls out of his hand and he begins to twitch like crazy. I didn't care. I turned back to Jungkook whose on the floor.

"JUNGKOOK!" I cry as I press my hand over the hole in his chest. He smiles. "Hey baby girl." He coughs. "Fuck. That hurt like a bitch." He holds my hand over his chest. He looks down at my bleeding stomach and underwear. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone. I grab it and dial 911. "911 whats your emergency." I let in a breath, screaming would take my energy, staying calm is best. "Please hurry. My husbands been shot, I'm horribly injured. Please hurry. Neither of us have much longer." I say feeling light headed. "Okay ma'am. Thank you for staying calm. We've found your address and we're sending enforcement to your location right this moment." The woman on the other side says. "Thank you." My eyes water and I hang up.

"Stay with me. Baby... St-stay with me." He nods. "He beat you.. So.. Bad." His eyes water. I move his hair out of his eyes. "Now you're hurt because of m-me.." I hiccup. "Don't die on me baby." He whispers. "No! You! Don't die on me." I cry. He smiles, his eyes closing. "Never.." He whispers.

I lean in and press my lips against his. He kisses me back. What if this was the last time I'd kiss his lips? I slowly pull away. He smiles at me. I press down on his chest. "Stay with me Jungkook." I whimper. "I love you." He says. I feel my tears falling down my cheeks, burning my cuts. "I love you too." I cry. He moves my hair out if my face. "You're so beautiful." He says.

"No. Don't talk to me like you're saying goodbye." I cry. Just then I hear the front door barge open. "This is the Police department!" I hear. "Oh shit." I hear one of them say. I didn't know what they were talking about. (A/n:Hopefully you still remember what happened in book two) "Go look around the house. Keep your eyes peeled." Another says. I hear their boots thumbing against the floor above us. "We're in here!" I scream as loud as I can, my vision going blurry. "Someone's in a room. Clear the perimeter." I hear someone say.

I try my best to keep pressure on his wound "Clear!" I hear doors slamming. I finally hear steps coming towards us. "Its the police department!" I hear. I look down at Jungkook whose passed out. "No!" I scream. The door swings open and the officer looks around. His eyes widening. "Shit." He says under his breath. "Help.." I say before losing cautiousness.

**

"Ma'am.. You'll... Okay?.. Ma'am.." Eachoes in my ears. "Jungkook." I hear sirens and my body shakes as I'm being taken out on a stretcher. Finally my hearing goes back to normal. "Get her in here stat." I hear a man. "Good thing we're near the hospital." I hear a woman. The bright lights from inside the ambulance blinds me.

"Dear God." I hear the man say in shock. "How is she still alive?" He asks. "They called just on time, I don't know about the man though. He was shot in the chest." I feel like I can finally breath right. I feel my shirt being cut open. "Dear... Bandage her up. She's loosing a lot of blood." I feel cold, soft patches tighten my stomach.

"Ma'am. Can you hear us?" I hear the women. I manage to keep my eyes open. "Oh thank God. What's your name?" The man asks. "A-abigail." , "Abigail. Can you try to tell us what happened?" I ignore the question. "Where's my husband?" I ask.

"He's made it to the hospital." The man says. I feel relieved. "We're here!" I hear a third person I assume is the driver. "We need to get her in surgery. If we don't stitch her up she won't have much longer." Lines of light run pass my face, I hear people talking. I hear a crash and I realize I'm being wheeled into the hallway in the hospital. "Dr. Gang we have another." I hear. "Another Jeon?" He asks. I nod. "Oh. She's conscious. That is good." ," Her names Abigail." I hear the woman from the ambulance. "Thank you Ms. Yi thank you Mr. Pak. I can take it from here." I'm in a room. "Please let us know if she makes it out okay." Ms. Yi says. "I will." Dr. Gang says.

"This will put you to sleep." He says. Taking off my face mask and putting on another. I feel my breathing become relaxed. "I need nurses in here stat!" Is all I hear before all goes black.

**

"Mrs. Jeon." Pierces my ear. I find it hard for me to sit up. "Please be careful." I slowly open my eyes, the light blinding me. My eyes quickly adjust. I look at the old man in front of me. Was this Dr. Gang? "Hello Mrs. Jeon. I'm Dr. Gang. How are you feeling?" He asks answering my wonders. I look around. "I could be better." I say my hand going to my throat.

"Do you understand how unbelievably lucky you are to be alive right now?" He asks. My stomach clinches to the pain. He notices. "Its going to hurt for a while Mrs. Jeon. Luckily. Whom ever did this to you missed your lungs." He nods. "I'm happy to tell you that we were surprisingly able to save all ten toes. Though many of your bones are now metal rods. But they'll work just the same." I look down at me feet that have huge casts on them.

"It'll be a couple of months before you can walk and before you can feel them properly." He nods. "We fixed your broken nose and cleaned up your cuts and bruises on your face. And we managed to fix your rib cage." He examines me. "What exactly happened to you Mrs. Jeon?" He asks. I think. "A lot Dr. Gang." I look down at my hands. "Where's my husband?" I ask. I sense him stutter, and I begin to worry.

I look up at him trying not to go crazy. "Mrs. J-"," Call me Abby." I say. He clears his throat. "Abby. Right now your husband is still in surgery." He says. I feel my heart pounding. "And how long has that been?" I ask. He frown. "Since yesterday when you arrived." I try my best not to panick. "I-Is he going to be okay?" I ask. "Its hard to know Abby. The bullet nearly punctured the main artery. Lucky for your husband the bullet broke into pieces." He nods, I feel joy shoot through my body. "But not that lucky." He says shooting me in the face.

"Your husband has lost a lot of blood. We know that the bullet has split into five pieces, and so far the surgeons only have two pieces. That's all the information I have for you. But I promise that I'll keep you posted. You had nothing to worry about Abby. Your husband will be fine."

**

I feel my tears fall down my cheeks. "And that was eight months ago." I say wiping my eyes. Bella wiped her eyes too. "I can't believe that happened." She says sobbing. "It was like a nightmare. I couldn't see your father for the three months that I was in my room." I say. She nods. "I remember you'd ask us how he was doing.." He looks down at her hands. "Grandma cried for weeks on end." Her eyes water again. "Grandpa would go to work angry and frustrated." She says.

I look over at Sam. But he's not on his bean bag. I look around in a panic but my heart flutters when I see him laying on Jungkook's legs. I frown. "Poor Sam. Cries himself to sleep every night. I wish God would answer our prayers already." I say. "Mom. It doesn't feel good that dads not here. Why can't he just wake up already?" Bella asks. I look at her and frown. "It's not up to us Bella. Its up to him. If he wanted to come back." I say. Her eyebrows knit. "Can someone die from a coma?" She asks.

I hated that word. I didn't want to imagine my husband dying. I didn't want to face the fact that he could be gone already. That maybe he was brain dead and had empty thoughts. I wondered if in his after life he thought about our kids and I. Just as much as we thought about him. "Yes Bella, someone can die in a coma." I say.

Before any of us can say another word there's a knock at the door. Bella walks over to open it. "Grandma and grandpa are here." she says happily. Good I needed to talk about something else. "Abigail." My mother in law smiles as she walks in.

She looked horrible, her bags under her sad eyes look like they've deepened from the last time I saw her. "Hi." I smile back. Her eyes avert straight to Jungkook. "He's still a vegetable huh?" She asks. I nod my smile quickly goes away. They walk over to me and give me a hug.

"How have you been? Is your condition getting better?" My father in law asks. I nod. "I'm getting both my feet casks off next week and my bandages. Then I start therapy. Then I can finally get out of this stupid wheel chair." They chuckle, nod and take a seat. "The boys came to see him yesterday. Turns out Jimin is engaged and is getting married soon. I didn't meet his fiancé because he said she was at work." I feel my eyebrows knit. "They were all so broken to see him this way. Even though we haven't seen most of them since our wedding. They were balling their eyes out." My throat sores up. "But, they send their prayers." I nod.

"All we can do now is just wait." He says. I nod and look over at Jungkook, praying and hoping he'd at least show a sign of life some how. And soon.

**

Jungkook's POV

I stand there in utter bewilderment staring at my surroundings. I don't understand. Why am I here and not a my house? Everything is black around me. My pupils fully dilated. I see a small light in the distance. My legs unable to move, my arms felt as if I hadn't used them in months.

Finally my legs start to move, but I was stumbling. Why? Wasn't I walking fine a while ago?

**

Abby's POV

"Mommy. Look." I hear sam as he cuts into the conversation I was having with his grandparents. We all look at him. He points to Jungkook's legs. They're moving!

My in-laws shoot up. Just then the doctor walks in. "Okay.. Jeon family on here to go my check up." He says walking in looking down at the clip board in his hands. "Dr. Gang. He just moved his legs. I don't know if I'm seeing things." I say. He stops in his tracks and looks up from his clip board. "Excuse me?" I try to keep myself from freaking out. My in-laws are still in complete shock. "He moved his legs." Sam says pointing down at his fathers legs.

"Sometimes patients in comas have muscle spasms." He notes before walking over to Jungkook and fills out a check list as he goes on with the daily procedures he usually would. "Dr. Gang.. When will we know if he'll wake up?" I ask. He gives us all a look. "That's the thing, with coma patients you never know if they'll wake up or not. This is when Jungkook has to make his decision, he needs to find his own way." The doctor says. I nod.

**

Jungkook's POV

I find myself stumbling. "He needs to find his way." Echoes in my surroundings. I don't recognize the voice. I stop in my tracks. I look down the path with the light. It was beautiful, and I wondered if I should go towards it. I feel the urge to go to it.

"Mommy.." Echoes from behind me. I look over my shoulder. "Sam?" I call. "When will appa be back with us?" My eyebrows knit. "What are you talking about? I'm right here!" I scream. "I don't know baby." I hear her voice. I'm confused as of why her voice wasn't coming from the light. I take one last look at the light.

"I miss you appa." I hear him crying. "Sam!" I scream running towards darkness.

**

Abby's POV

"I miss you appa." Sam cries again. I frown. "Its okay baby. He'll get better soon and he'll be the same." I tell him, not even believing my own words. I'm sure no one did who knew the circumstances we were in. Until I hear grunting. I look straight as my father in law, but he's looking at Jungkook. Everyone is, until finally I look at him. His eyebrows knit and his hands twitch.

"Mom. You think dad can hear us?" Bella asks. My eyes stare at his now stiff body. "I'm not sure-" And before I can continue he grunts again. My in-laws shoot up from their seats for the second time since they've arrived. This is the most action we've seen from him in eight months. "I'll go get Dr. Gang." My father in law says before running out the room.

"Please come to us Jungkook. We've missed you so much. Your father and I have been dying to hear your voice." My mother in law says as she sits at the foot of his bed. Everyone was soon huttled around his bed. I wheel myself over to the side of him. "What's wrong?" Dr. Gang rushes into the room. "He's -" Jungkook groans again. His eyes widen.

"I think we should take this out. Just in case he says actual words." Dr. Gang slowly took the tube out of Jungkook's mouth.

**
Jungkook's POV

I can hear people talking, so I don't stop running. If my legs gave out I'd crawl if I had to. I turn and the light is slowly coming closer to me. Was it chasing me?

"Please come to us Jungkook. We've missed you so much. Your father and I have been dying to hear your voice." I hear my mothers voice. My eyes water. I couldn't stop, I had to continue to run towards the unknown. If it was the only chance to understand what was going on.

I felt myself gagging. "I think we should take this out." I hear. I gasp for air, my hands grasping my throat. I feel warmth rising on my back. I turn and its the light. It was indeed flowing me. Was it trying to take me some where? But where was I? "Jungkook." I hear from the light. The voice sounds offly familiar. I face it, its light rays blinding me. When my eyes adjust I see.. Me. I'm completely confused. Was it a reflection? I looked well groomed. I wore all white. But I look down at myself and I'm wearing what I was wearing this morning. I look back up and he doesn't move. This was definitely not a reflection.

"What is going on?" I ask. He tilts his head, or I tilt my head? "You're ready to go to heaven." He says. "What?" I ask. "Where am I?" He looks around. "You're in your consciousness." I'm still confused. "I don't understand." I shake my head. "You're in a coma." He says. I frown. "I.. I'm still confused." He shakes his head. "Oh Jungkook. How can you be so clueless?" He asks. My eyebrows knit. "Can you please explain? I'm not catching along." I scratch my head.

He nods. "Jungkook. I'm sure you can't forget that day right? The day you thought Abigail died." I take a step back. "Of course I remember.. And what do you mean the day I thought Abigail died? She did die.. She did. I was there when her skin went cold and she had not pulse. No heart beat." I say. "No. That's where you're wrong. She survived. She's alive." He tilts his head. "She was in horrible condition but she survive. And its all thanks to you." My head is turning with obscuring thoughts. "What!? No!" I shake my head. "No! That can't be!" I scream taking a step back.

"And you're not me." I say. He smiles and the form changes into another man. "Who are you?" I ask. He shrugs. "If I told you wouldnt believe me. Just like you're not believing me about all the information I'm providing you with." I squint my eyebrows. I had recognized his face right away. "You're my great great grandfather." I say. He smiles. "Yes my boy. I am." My eyebrows knit. "Then why did you look like me at first?" I ask. He frowns. "I thought you'd listen to yourself but you obviously didn't. Will you listen to me now?" He asks.

I nod. That smile finally grows back on his face. "Okay. That day you saved your wife. But you got shot in the chest, the bullet dangerously close to your heart. But lucky for you, the bullet split into five pieces. Unfortunately during the surgery there were complications and it put you into a coma, that you've been in for eight months." He says.

I stare at him, maybe wishing all this was nonsense or maybe even a joke, but the tone in his voice sold it all. He was indeed telling the truth. I had one last question. "But what was all that was happening? Like the case, funeral and Jisung? Was that all fake?" I ask. He nods. "It was all in your head. A life that your brain made up to make you think you were still alive. A lot of people who go into comas never get out of that, unknowingly staying in a illusion." He says. "But I guess when you thought Abigail was leaving to heaven you triggered something in your system that told the rest of your body that you were still alive." He says. "And now you're here. In your thoughts, you have to make a decision."

His face went from wrinkly and aged to smooth and young. My eyebrows go up. "So you're saying that my love for Abigail some how took me out of the illusion and back to where I'm supposed to be?" I ask. He nods. "Now you can choose to be free of the human life. And be with all of us that have been dying to meet you. All your ancestors, even your son." He smiles.

I don't say anything. "You can walk through this light with me and be happy forever with everyone that loves you. To join us in heaven. To join your son whom craves his father's affection." He says. "But you only make one choice. To come here.. And never go back on earth. Or go back into the darkness unaware of what can happen. Sometimes you never wake up, because you're lost in the dark. Coming here is the best option. If you go out there .. You may never see anything again, not your family, not Abigail. You come here its guaranteed that you won't ever be lost again." He nods. "You can be what ever you want here."

I blink a couple of times trying to process exactly what was going on. I had to make a decision on what I should do. It was hard. What if I couldn't find my way back and I'd never see anyone ever again? I could be lost forever. I made my decision quickly. I nod and step towards the light.

**

Abby's POV

I had this sickening feeling that all this wasn't real. That he was indeed having muscle spasms. I felt as if he was drifting away from us. I bite my lip and Dr. Gang leaves the room because he had another patient. I close my eyes.

Dear God, please bring my husband back to me. I know we said till death due us part, but this too short. We still have a long way to go, so if you'd please spare him. He's all we got. We're all suffering, we've all suffered enough. Please listen to my prayer. Please. Amen.

I feel my tears fall down my cheeks as I open my eyes. Everyone in the room had gone restless. Its been almost an hour since the last time he moved or grunted. Everyone sat quietly in their seats. Either staring off into space or on their phones. No one acknowledged me. They knew in a way he was gone. But they didn't want to face the actual fact that there was no more Jungkook.

I grab ahold of his hand that was limp. My small fingers holding onto his big ones. "I love you Jungkook." I sob as I set my head down on his stomach and hold onto his hand. "So much." I run my fingers along his skin as I continue to have my head on him.

I heard his heart beat but I was unsure if it was because the machines were the reason for it. I hold his hand and kiss the back of it. I feel my hand fill with warmth and slight pressure. I'm confused.

I sit up right in my wheel chair, I stared down at his hand holding mine back. My eyes widen, and tears uncontrollably stream from my eyes. This wasn't real. My eyes slowly look up, only to meet two of the most beautiful dark brown eyes I've ever seen in my entire life besides my children's eyes. My eyes water like crazy and I find myself sobbing, unable to look away.

"Hey baby girl." Leaves his lips extremely raspy in almost a whisper. "Jungkook." Leaves my lips in a cry.

----------------------------------

Yo! An update!

I hope you didn't cry or anything . I tried really hard. This chapter turned out to be 4200 something words. So I put a lot of thought into this chapter. So just to let you know I DID change my idea for this book.

What I was going to do↓

I was originally planning to have Jungkook fall in love with Jisung and there be a book 4 but I realized that it would just be something I've already done. So that's why I didn't update for a really long time. But recently when I was taking the ACT this idea came to me and I loved it because I wanted to find a way that Abby and Jungkook could still be together. Because I realize that I loved their love too much so I couldn't let Jungkook stay like that and suffer without the love of his life. so this was my idea. I fell in love with it and I hope you guys approve hehehe.

It took me three days to work on this because I wanted to put as much as I could and I think it came out pretty solid and I'm proud of this chapter. From beginning to defiantly the end. I hope I didn't play with your mind and heart too much, but I hope you're happy with my decision to keep Abby alive as I am.

Tbh not to be conceited but I'm proud of myself for this out come.

Let me know if you liKed this chapter. Leave comments for sure on this one. And voting is extremely appreciated. Thank you! -♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 2.1K 72
❝For as long as I can remember my heart belonged to you.❞ A twenty-year-old boy gets his life turned upside down with an unexpected turnout. With his...
869K 33.9K 21
❝I swear she's the only person that can make me stay sane even though I'm insanely in love with her.❞ ══════ •◦ ❉ ◦• ══════ ➺ MAFIA AU >>> BOOK 1 ➺ m...
50.2K 1.9K 34
A girl running away from her past ...who's to trust? This is the first full book I've written so sorry if it's not very good. I've grown writing wise...
55.4K 1K 27
{BOOK TWO} This book continues from IDOL'S LOVE // J.JK. (If you haven't read IDOL'S LOVE // J.JK, read it before you read this book in order to know...