Beautiful Mistake | ✓

By Lexy_VLover

❝how would you feel if i told you i loved you? it's just something that i wanna do❞ When Violetta's parents'... More

• foreword •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 15 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
• 18 •
• 19 •
• 20 •
• 21 •
• 22 •
• 23 •
• 24 •
• 25 •
• 26 •
• 27 •
• 28 •
• 29 •
• 30 •
• 31 •
• 33 •
• 34 •
• 35 •
• 36 •
• 37 •
• 38 •
• 39 •
• 40 •
• 41 •
• 42 •
• 43 •
• 44 •
• 45 •
• 46 •
• 47 •
• 48 •
• 49 •
• 50 •
• 51 •
• 52 •
• 53 •
• 54 •
• 55 •
• 56 •
• 57 •
• 58 •
• 59 •
• 60 •
• afterword •
• Part 2 • Diego •
• 2.1 •
• 2.2 •
• 2.3 •
• 2.4 •
• 2.5 •
• 2.6 •
• 2.7 •
• 2.8 •
• 2.9 •
• 2.10 •
• 2.11 •
• 2.12 •
• 2.13 •
• 2.14 •
• 2.15 •
• alternate ending 1 •
• alternate ending 2 •
• epilogue •
• afterword •

• 32 •

433 14 37
By Lexy_VLover

~

// Dedicated to smartyburgers for being so adorable and leaving a constant smile on my face! //

~

"I REFUSE DIEGO!"

I yell as I frantically try to escape his grasp. Diego had his arms wrapped around my waist to try and ensure that I didn't run away whilst we waited for the car.

I was all for trying new things, living on the wild side occasionally -or else I wouldn't have slept with Diego of course- but practically asking for death was not me. Maybe it was Diego, maybe he loved to do extremely daring things that I was definite would give me nightmares.

Like skydiving.

Skydiving had always been a big fat no, whenever my parents talked about exciting things that we could do over the weekend. I was not overly enthusiastic about the idea of jumping out of a plane hundreds of feet above the ground. It was falling to my death. Literally.

The car was going to take us to some entertainment company that offered skydiving. And bungee jumping which he said we just have to do. It also had some other minor things, like rock climbing and rafting. Diego had looked it up earlier this morning.

I was prepared to go snorkelling, after all that is what we had agreed on last night. (It was even on my piece of paper!) But he decided this morning that skydiving was way more fun, and that we still had more time to do snorkelling, but the first thing that had wanted to do as a married couple was skydive.

In other words, the first thing he wanted to do was kill me.

Obviously very kind of him.

It wasn't that I was scared of heights, I had no problem doing rock climbing, or getting stuck at the top of a large Ferris wheel. In fact, I could laugh at those moments. And hearing girls scream, about how their hair was probably messy.

But jumping out of a plane? Hell no. And then I had to pull some stupid strap to get my parachute, and obviously with my luck there was no chance that it would actually work. Because I would miss it, or the strap wouldn't budge, and there, I'm dead.

But Diego took none of this into consideration as he arranged for a car to pick us up. Diego told me his plans, and that's when I attempted to make my getaway. It obviously failed because Diego has lightning quick reflexes and muscles made of fucking steel. I had no chance.

"Oh c'mon babe, it won't be that bad," Diego drawls, tightening his grip.

I started to punch his chest which was covered in a pale blue shirt. My pathetic punching made no difference as he just carried on staring at me. He didn't even flinch. People like Diego made me doubt my physical ability.

"Easy for you to say Mr Brave Pants," I hiss, trying to peel his arms away from my waist.

Again nothing.

"I'm going to be with you, nothing bad will happen. I've done skydiving many times before, and we'll be together, nothing bad can happen. Plus, an instructor dives with you and does all the heavy lifting all you have to do is pretend you're flying," Diego says trying to reassure me.

Before I can reply and tell him that falling was not flying. And it was definitely not falling with style, because I would screaming until my throat became hoarse, and I would be flailing my arms and legs until eventually one of my limbs detached themselves from my body. Soon the car came, and Diego pushed me into the back seat.

The chauffeur was already informed of our destination, so he started driving immediately. I stared out of the window, looking at Mauritius one last time before I died. Perhaps this was his plan after all, kill me in a subtle easy-to-back-up kind of way.

Nobody would ask if he was actually the reason if he was just skydiving next to me. He would have no chance of saving me, if he actually wanted to. And he could secretly sabotage my parachute so that it didn't open. The company would just say that it happens sometimes. And Diego would get out of this marriage and marry Lara happily.

Whilst I was buried ten feet underground.

"For fuck's sake I don't want to kill you!" Diego exclaims.

I didn't even need to wonder if I was thinking out loud, people had told me that I was like an open book. I could be thinking about my favourite number and people could guess it.

"It's just a thought," I shrug, and he raises his eyebrow.

"Just a murderous thought," He snorts, and I shrug again.

The Entertainment Company Dare 2 Dream was a very colourful building. Diego walked in, and simply said his name and the girl behind the counter started frantically pressing buttons on her keyboard. She called somebody -the pilot possibly- and looked at us again after a few minutes.

"Your pilot will arrive shortly, in the meanwhile you can put on the jumpsuit and harness," The girl said, her finger pointing to a rack.

I find a jumpsuit that matched my size -as well as it could- and grab the harness next to it. I slip into it, pulling the zipper in the front. I hold the harness in front of me, turning it around, flipping it, trying to see if I could find a way to put it on. Diego who was standing next to me, reaches over and grabs the harness.

"It's similar to a rock-climbing harness," He explains.

He tells me to step into it, and he reaches behind me, and tightens a few things, and does the same in the front. I felt awkward, as he concentrated on the straps, shuffling on my feet. He smiles lightly to himself as he finishes, taking a large step away from me. We walk back to the front desk, after grabbing our helmets. I wiped my sweaty hands on the jumpsuit.

A man enters the room from some door that I hadn't noticed, and walks over to us. His black hair was disheveled because of his helmet, which he had tucked under his arm. He gave us a warm smile, as he started speaking.

"I am Johnathan, and I will be your pilot. Your instructors, Simon and Ella are in the plane. Follow me," And he starts on a brisk walk.

I had to jog a little to catch up with his long strides. One step for him was probably three steps for me, thanks to my height. The plane was small, a little bigger than a VW beetle. There was a woman and a man standing next to each other, dressed in the same gear as we were, with something extra which I assumed was the parachute.

After a few greetings, the plane started to move. I was in front of Ella, who would be my instructor. We were informed that the ride would take about fifteen minutes and that we'd be jumping from 10 000 feet, which only made me grip the fabric of the suit tighter. My knuckles were probably turning white.

"Okay guys, we're at 8 000 feet, so we are going to attach ourselves to your harness," Simon tells us.

After that, a few minutes later we start walking to the door, or rather waddling. I hadn't realised it was this hard to walk with somebody on your back. Ella instructs me where to put my arms -cross them over my chest-, my feet -I had to lift them and hang from Ella- and my head -which was on her shoulder-. Ella leans over, and scans the ground.

"Okay, we're over the drop zone, get ready guys," Simon says. Diego glances at me, giving me a reassuring smile.

I strained my neck to look at the ground, and my eyes widened. Yep, definitely dying. Definitely definitely.

Cause Of Death : Stupid ass husband who took on her death trip

Ella and Simon counted down to three and they stepped out of the plane. I instantly screamed, causing Diego to laugh at me. I screamed for probably ten seconds with my eyes clenched shut, before I finally stopped and opened my eyes. Diego cheered and I giggled. Ella was telling me things softly in my ear, but I couldn't hear her over the wind.

It was hard to make anything out from where we were, but I could see the largest ships, and a few points of buildings. I looked around me, and just saw blue and white. Diego had his hands spread out and I hesitantly did the same.

"Well look at you falling with style!" Diego shouts, at least I think that's what he said.

After what felt like ten seconds -it was thirty- Ella deployed the parachute. First she told me to get back into the 'U' Shape position, and to hold out my hands in a touch down position. There was a sudden jerk causing a stop to my fall for a few seconds, and lifted me up. Ella loosens the two links at my hips, and starts to work all the gears of the parachute.

"Hold out your hands and grab these," She says, "parachute toggles."

She took them back after a few minutes. The ride under the parachute took another seven minutes. It was fun, Diego had smirked at me when he saw the smile on my face. I soon realised that things on the ground were getting closer, and that I could almost make out everything, this is naturally when I began to panic.

"Pull your knees up to your chest," Ella tells me, and I oblige.

Ella's feet soon land on the ground, and she tells me to stand up. I cheered, and Diego grinned. The instructors removed theirselves from us, and Diego removed his helmet. He ran a hand through is hair, trying to fix it, and I tried to smooth down mine although I knew that mine probably looked like a tornado had hit compared to his.

"And?" Diego asks, and my face breaks into a grin.

"That was awesome!" I exclaim jumping into his arms. He hugs me back, lifting my feet off the ground for a few seconds.

"Told you you'd love it Letta," He emphasises his new name for me, and I liked the way it sounded.

"So bungee jumping?" Diego asks, after we thank the instructors and make our way back to the main building.

"Oh god, not today!" I moan and he sighs nodding.

"We'll do snorkelling then,"

I HATED HIM.

Honestly, I hated him.

First I had to change into a very tight fitting swimsuit, and so did Diego which meant that I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. It was his stupid good looks and those damn muscles of his. I hated them-even though I was actually attracted to them.

Then I learnt about clearing a snorkel, you had to exhale with a strong force through your mouth, and then how to clear a mask (they were basically the same thing!)

And finally, we went to open water. It wasn't too deep, just so that our feet couldn't touch the water. This required the snorkelling fins -to Diego I looked hilarious but then again no matter what I did I was hilarious to him- to stay upright. We swam along the surface, practicing breathing using the snorkel.

Apparently the kick I had to do was a flutter stroke. I was already tired, but I could see the excitement in Diego's eyes so I kept my mouth shut and decided to bear with it. It was his honeymoon as well.

"I think you're ready," Our instructor smiled.

We had to use a boat to get further, so that we could see fish. Diego squeezed my hand probably because of excitement.

"Haven't you done snorkelling before?" I finally ask.

"Of course I have, what do you take me for? Some lonely person who hasn't done anything adventurous in his life before?" Diego asked, feigning offence but there was a smile on his face.

"Then why are you so excited?" I ask him, and he laughs.

"This is Mauritius babe, which means that there are some different species of fish here than there are other places. And I'm interested in seeing them," Diego explains, and I nod.

He certainly made me feel like some lonely person who hasn't done anything interesting in her life before.

"You can get off here," The instructor tells us.

Diego and I fix our mask and snorkel, before diving into the water. We had to go a little farther down before we saw the fish, and my eyes widened. There was such a variety that my head kept on whipping back and forth. Diego smiled at me, before taking my hand and swimming deeper.

The fish were right in front of my face, I could see their different scales, the way their fins moved in the water. To put it simply it was fascinating. Diego points to a blue fish with yellow fins I could already tell what he was thinking-Dory.

We swam to the coral, and found smaller fish in between the coral hiding. There were some bigger fish as well, and we were also lucky enough to see a small school of fish swim past us at rapid speed.

After what felt like two minutes which was probably twenty minutes we made our way back up. I hadn't even noticed that our hands were still connected until he pulled me up. I gasped for breath as we resurfaced, pulling hair away from my eyes. Diego laughed in thrill as he removed his mask and snorkel.

"Damn that was awesome," He breathes. "Marco is gonna be so jealous," He chuckles.

The boat ride back to the shore didn't take long, but the suit stuck to my body more so than ever. I entered the hotel room in a hurry and was about to grab a pair of shorts and a tank top when Diego stopped me.

"The ball," Diego reminds me, and I groan.

Was this day ever going to end?

"Greg brought your clothes," Diego says, handing me a hanger that was covered with a black 'jacket'. I peeked inside and saw a glimpse of pink.

I squealed and made my way to the bathroom.

"Don't take too long babe, I also need to go in there," Diego points out.

"Letta," I say and he shrugs throwing a cheeky grin my way.

"Baby steps,"

I leave my dress on the edge of the bed, and enter the bathroom. I let the water wash away all the stickiness that clung to my body, and spent an extra ten minutes washing my hair.

I wanted to spend as long as I could in the shower. I dreaded the ball, maybe even more than skydiving.

Beautiful girls in stunning dresses.

Diego who couldn't keep himself in his pants.

And then me, involuntarily getting jealous.

I wanted to be possessive over him, but I knew that just made me look pathetic. I was the one who wanted nothing but complete commitment.

But it seems that all I did this honeymoon was get jealous.

Damn it I hated him.

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
Hey! I wanted to put the ball in, but decided to just split it. Get ready for the ball guys! And sorry if this chapter was a little boring, and by the way the things I wrote for skydiving and snorkelling was from a website. I believe it was travel.thefuntimesguide dot something. I lack the actual experience of those things.

But I mean I threw in a hand-holding moment, and they smiled a lot at each other and he called her Letta. So it couldn't have been a total loss? Sorry, that this is only updated on Monday but I had internet problems, and I could only just about answer a few messages here and there. So sorry!

Have any of you guys been snorkelling/skydiving? Thanks for reading 🙈 sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈

(Yay new signature thing!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.1K 2.1K 30
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 20th NOV 2020 Finished: 13th DEC 2020 EDITING! After the love of her life leaves her for good, Carlota Santiago has to strugg...
3.5K 152 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...
4.7K 66 25
The gang grows apart, but reunites 10 years later when all their kids finally join the studio. Violetta and Leon's love continues to grow, with of co...
89.6K 2.6K 45
(Based on the show "Violetta") Violetta can't help feeling bad after leaving Leon for Diego. She realizes she needs Leon more than ever. When Violet...